I hope with Star Ocean: First Departure R they will allow mixed-case names instead of all caps. I always found that kind of thing annoying (in any game). How can they even get away with that,when the unofficial SNES localization did it first?

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Oh @Plattym3, I made something for you. Warning DQXI Post-game spoilers  

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Posted Images

I went to Rhode Island Comic Con today. Would have preferred yesterday because I also have a concert I’m going to at 8, but I had work on Saturday, so what can you do. I mostly went to get a Way overpriced picture with Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, my favorite Game of Thrones character. But they also basically every relevant English voice actor from My Hero Academia and I’m collecting as many signatures as I can fit on a poster, so I got to make a good dent in that little project.

Another surprise was the amount of Dragon Quest merch I found. Usually there are some blind boxes and maybe a plush or something and that’s it throughout the entire dealer’s room. Instead I saw a couple figures, Erdrick’s shield, and the Zenithian Sword, which I actually bought, and that was pretty much it for actually buying something.

Went to a Halloween party last night and I dressed up as Bob from Bob’s Burgers. It was one were you were encouraged to wear a costume based on a TV or movie character, and since I’ve found a love for cooking and have watched Bob’s Burgers since it first premiered, it made total sense to go as Bob Belcher.

A lot of people actually recognized who I was too with or without my prop, and both sides liked that my prop for my costume was a copy of the official Bob’s Burgers recipe book that came out a few years ago. It has most of the punny named “Burger of the Day,” featured on the resturant’s blackboard, and many of them are really good burger recipes too.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Went to a Halloween party last night and I dressed up as Bob from Bob’s Burgers. It was one were you were encouraged to wear a costume based on a TV or movie character, and since I’ve found a love for cooking and have watched Bob’s Burgers since it first premiered, it made total sense to go as Bob Belcher.

A lot of people actually recognized who I was too with or without my prop, and both sides liked that my prop for my costume was a copy of the official Bob’s Burgers recipe book that came out a few years ago. It has most of the punny named “Burger of the Day,” featured on the resturant’s blackboard, and many of them are really good burger recipes too.

How many Ricks or Mortys were there?

1 hour ago, eal said:

How many Ricks or Mortys were there?

None. There was a Homer and Bart Simpson though.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

....aaaaaaaannnd finished the night with a Jenny Lewis concert. I finally got to see her live, and she even did a few Rilo Kiley songs too, which made my night.

I've been awake for over 36 hours and I'm not sleepy even though I know that I should need sleep. In fact, I feel mentally fatigued but wide awake - wired as if I've been consuming nothing but coffee. (I've had some caffine by way of cola, but not enough that it should be having this kind of effect on me.)

Should I change my avatar? I'm afraid people will cease to recognize me. It's kind of become the same for all my accts across the entire net. On this forum it feels a little generic-y, but everyone else it's kind of original.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Should I change my avatar? I'm afraid people will cease to recognize me. It's kind of become the same for all my accts across the entire net. On this forum it feels a little generic-y, but everyone else it's kind of original.

Do it.

It's been like 6 years though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

How long was my avatar the Chief Blue Meanie? And I even changed my avatar recently. It takes about 5 posts before your brain associates an avatar with a poster.

47 minutes ago, eal said:

How long was my avatar the Chief Blue Meanie? And I even changed my avatar recently. It takes about 5 posts before your brain associates an avatar with a poster.

Who are you?

6 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

You could do what I’ve been doing and change parts of your profile picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Why the hell is Halo 2 over 40GB? Every other game in the master chief collection (so far, Reach comes out in a couple weeks) is less than 10.

I have returned.

I think the last time I was here I was probably drunk off my butt 99% of the time?
Give yourself some credit. It was 95% max.

Been a long past 10 days. Wife had kidney stones last week, so ER visits and operations and 15% of my yearly salary passed by with lots of pain and suffering and tons of time sitting in waiting rooms playing Strange Journey Redux. Finally she's all good and we're headed off for a few days of family fun. Put 17 video games up for sale on eBay last night. Should bring in some decent money. Been meaning to clear out the game drawer for a long time. If you haven't heard me say it before, I don't keep games that basically either aren't DQ or I can no longer play. It's never been my nature. I think more than half of my 347 or so ratings on ebay since 199 have been for video game purchases or sales. Time to purge!
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Been a long past 10 days. Wife had kidney stones last week, so ER visits and operations and 15% of my yearly salary passed by with lots of pain and suffering and tons of time sitting in waiting rooms playing Strange Journey Redux.

According to someone in my family, they once had a kidney stone that was too big to pass comfortably and had to have surgery to remove it or some such. He wanted to avoid that so he spent an entire night trying to pass it, and after he finished and went back to the doctor, he was told he experienced the closest approximation a man can have to giving birth.

According to someone in my family, they once had a kidney stone that was too big to pass comfortably and had to have surgery to remove it or some such. He wanted to avoid that so he spent an entire night trying to pass it, and after he finished and went back to the doctor, he was told he experienced the closest approximation a man can have to giving birth.
Exactly. My wife said the only way to equate her pain was childbirth. But worse.
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Been a long past 10 days. Wife had kidney stones last week, so ER visits and operations and 15% of my yearly salary passed by with lots of pain and suffering and tons of time sitting in waiting rooms playing Strange Journey Redux. Finally she's all good and we're headed off for a few days of family fun. Put 17 video games up for sale on eBay last night. Should bring in some decent money. Been meaning to clear out the game drawer for a long time. If you haven't heard me say it before, I don't keep games that basically either aren't DQ or I can no longer play. It's never been my nature. I think more than half of my 347 or so ratings on ebay since 199 have been for video game purchases or sales. Time to purge!

You talking about the kidney stone reminds me of this episode of Seinfeld. 

If you’re cleaning out your gaming drawer, you should consider some new turn based RPGs. Like the Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga remake on the 3DS... 😃

I've been downloading the Halo Master Chief Collection all week and it's still only 76% done with Halo 2. Internet here sucks. D;

It’s funny to think that a year ago was when I was in that Suikoden craze. Suikoden 1 and 2 were some great games to play through on the Vita last year. I enjoyed 2 more than 1 overall, but both games complimented each other and were a lot of fun to play. I had my frustrations with them, but I’d place them on my favorite RPGs list and definitely as some of my favorite PS1 games.

Also, got to give a shout out to the music and it’s composer, Miki Higashino. For her only composing full soundtracks for Suikoden 1 and 2 and fading into the background after that, she did a phenomenal job with both games and created many wonderful songs. She definitely took full advantage of what the PS1 sound capabilities were able to pull off.

• Like 1

Found this in my Google Drive and felt like sharing:

uc?export=download&id=0B16I1pI-pI9DeFVyR

I created this logo for the fan translation, although they chose a different one for the patch.

• Like 2