Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

19 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

In the middle of getting my Dragon Quest tattoo. Will update with pictures later. 

Edit: woohoo!

IMG_10081.jpg

Nice. That’s pretty cool.

Started lyrica yesterday. It's pretty strong but it feels effective already. I have hope with this one.

On 8/19/2019 at 2:26 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

In the middle of getting my Dragon Quest tattoo. Will update with pictures later. 

Edit: woohoo!

IMG_10081.jpg

That looks fantastic!

Well, I finally did it... I landed a huge new job. The pay difference is more than 15K, and I'm finally not on some kind of service desk/help desk/call queue.

6 years of struggling have hopefully paid off. I started the day after Labor Day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fates said:

Well, I finally did it... I landed a huge new job. The pay difference is more than 15K, and I'm finally not on some kind of service desk/help desk/call queue.

6 years of struggling have hopefully paid off. I started the day after Labor Day.

Grats on the new job!

My day off was pretty nice. While I haven’t been doing a new recipe every week like I originally wanted to for my New Year’s resolution, I’ve kept up my search for new recipes. Today I cooked something I new but have eaten several times: lasagna. It actually didn’t take as long as I thought it would to put it all together, and when I cooked it this evening for supper it was a success! I’m pleased it turned out so well, but moreso I’m happy I was able to surprise my grandparents with a smaller batch. My grandma’s birthday was last week, so as a belated birthday surprise I took it out to her house. She and my grandpa were pretty tickled by it, so fingers crossed they enjoyed it!

Other than that, I got some albums rearranged on my iTunes/iPod (namely some song names being named incorrectly for one reason or another), had some time to just sit and enjoy some games for a good bit of the day, and started looking for places to go in Des Moines. I’ll be visiting family up that way starting Friday night and will be there over the weekend. I’m hoping to go to some of the special restaurants around the city and see what kind of unique shops/businesses there are, but mainly I’m just happy to spend some time with them since I barely get to see said family members.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, Fates said:

Congratulations! Hope it all goes well for you.

Was talking to my brother last night about the memories we had playing Runescape back in the day. Grabbed some beer and played for a few hours and it was great. I ended up reaching out to one of my "best friends" who I've never even met from the game that I hadn't talked to in years and we caught up via email. I think I'll play for a little longer, I spent 9 years and over 4000 hours of my life in it so it'll never really be the same but nostalgia is a real sonofa#$*!.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Was talking to my brother last night about the memories we had playing Runescape back in the day. Grabbed some beer and played for a few hours and it was great. I ended up reaching out to one of my "best friends" who I've never even met from the game that I hadn't talked to in years and we caught up via email. I think I'll play for a little longer, I spent 9 years and over 4000 hours of my life in it so it'll never really be the same but nostalgia is a real sonofa#$*!.

Runescape is one of those games that I can never quit. Been playing on and off since 2004 and I can't just quit the game. I also blame the game for having such a massive video game backlog that I do as well. I just got back into OSRS not that long ago and been enjoying it since then. They took that version of the game in a really good direction. Wish the same could be said for RS3.

36 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Runescape is one of those games that I can never quit. Been playing on and off since 2004 and I can't just quit the game. I also blame the game for having such a massive video game backlog that I do as well. I just got back into OSRS not that long ago and been enjoying it since then. They took that version of the game in a really good direction. Wish the same could be said for RS3.

Yeah I spent my whole lunch break playing OSRS on my phone. I think I'd play that version since 3 is just not the same thing, something both of us brought up in our emails.

Today was my second day of CBT. They got me a better chair for my back so I'll be sticking to this. I think it'll be really good for me in the long run. I'm already noticing some things that will help.

• Like 2

Dubious reason for publishing it or not, Marvel Comics #1000 had some good short stories in it.

My favorites were Dr. Strange: Spin Cycle, The Journey, The Last Word, Because of Her, We’re Calling Him Ben, Jet Lag, I’ve Said Enough, The Celebration Dinner, The MJ Memoirs, and Miracleman: Prelude

• Like 1

So today has been a roller coaster. I had a bad attack this morning then got a call that my surgery would be next week. Went to a pre-op appointment and ended up getting botox. So guess who can't chew for 6 weeks

This has been a stressful week. I won’t go into another “Whoa is me,” post, so instead I’m to share something fun and creative and keep positive. I like seeing what sort of song remixes people come up with, and this was one I found this morning. It’s a mash up of the Super Mario Land theme and the Thomas the Tank Engine theme. I figured it was gonna be okay, but dang, it’s really catchy and well done! I know the Thomas theme is a bit of meme nowadays, but it’s a song I to this day still enjoy, as I watched Thomas all the time as a kid.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it and that everyone has a good weekend.

Shitty situation with my in-laws ended up saved by a friend today. We'd had plans with friends to do a brewery tour today. This morning my mother-in-law texts to say she can't babysit because she's too stressed about her vacation on Thursday. You know, like 5 days from now! Because Hurricane Dorian, which is now expected not to hit Florida has them worried, they couldn't watch their grandkids today.

This is about my last straw with my in-laws. 18 months ago they moved from 110 minutes away to 10 minutes away "to be able to be near family and spend time with the grandkids." For a while they did, now I can't recall the last time I saw my father-in-law. May? Maybe. I've tried to have them over for dinner, but my father-in-law's part time job leaves him "too tired." He didn't even come for my son's birthday last week. Out to dinner at 5:30 was too much. At least my mother-in-law babysits maybe once a week so my wife can substitute teach, but that hasn't happened since early May and we're a little concerned she won't do it this year. It's getting really sad because I grew up literally as next door neighbors to my great-grandparents and 2 doors down from one set of grandparents and 10 minutes away from the other. I'd see one of them daily, it's just the way I was raised. My parents come over frequently from 2 hours away and we stay with them 3 weeks out of the summer. I just want my in-laws to be in my kids' lives, but I'm starting to think that's not going to happen much.

Sucks, and I know I was being a bit selfish when they canceled today, but there it is. Ugh.

Luckily a set of friends with kids offered to take ours today and let us have 7 wonderful hours out exploring breweries, coffee shops and the like downtown with our kid-less friends. We took their two oldest as part of a sleepover tonight. My wife is volunteering at an animal shelter tomorrow morning, so Yay, Dad of 4 tomorrow morning & likely a bunch of the day, but today was 100% worth it.

Shitty situation with my in-laws ended up saved by a friend today. We'd had plans with friends to do a brewery tour today. This morning my mother-in-law texts to say she can't babysit because she's too stressed about her vacation on Thursday. You know, like 5 days from now! Because Hurricane Dorian, which is now expected not to hit Florida has them worried, they couldn't watch their grandkids today.

This is about my last straw with my in-laws. 18 months ago they moved from 110 minutes away to 10 minutes away "to be able to be near family and spend time with the grandkids." For a while they did, now I can't recall the last time I saw my father-in-law. May? Maybe. I've tried to have them over for dinner, but my father-in-law's part time job leaves him "too tired." He didn't even come for my son's birthday last week. Out to dinner at 5:30 was too much. At least my mother-in-law babysits maybe once a week so my wife can substitute teach, but that hasn't happened since early May and we're a little concerned she won't do it this year. It's getting really sad because I grew up literally as next door neighbors to my great-grandparents and 2 doors down from one set of grandparents and 10 minutes away from the other. I'd see one of them daily, it's just the way I was raised. My parents come over frequently from 2 hours away and we stay with them 3 weeks out of the summer. I just want my in-laws to be in my kids' lives, but I'm starting to think that's not going to happen much.

Sucks, and I know I was being a bit selfish when they canceled today, but there it is. Ugh.

Luckily a set of friends with kids offered to take ours today and let us have 7 wonderful hours out exploring breweries, coffee shops and the like downtown with our kid-less friends. We took their two oldest as part of a sleepover tonight. My wife is volunteering at an animal shelter tomorrow morning, so Yay, Dad of 4 tomorrow morning & likely a bunch of the day, but today was 100% worth it.
Wait you have FOUR of these things? I can barely manage one.
  • Like 1

Wait you have FOUR of these things? I can barely manage one.
Ages 6, 6, 4, & 3.

And they're all just about waking up!

I got out of pre-admission. I'm all good for surgery tomorrow

Reliving my childhood with the Spyro remake tonight.

25 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Reliving my childhood with the Spyro remake tonight.

I played the Reignited Trilogy on PS4 earlier this year. The whole trilogy was great to revisit, and I bet you’ll really enjoy the Trilogy. 😎👍

I played the Reignited Trilogy on PS4 earlier this year. The whole trilogy was great to revisit, and I bet you’ll really enjoy the Trilogy.
Yeah I've been wanting to play this ever since it was announced. Its a shame it took a year for it to get to Switch but I'm glad it's here.

7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
10 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
I played the Reignited Trilogy on PS4 earlier this year. The whole trilogy was great to revisit, and I bet you’ll really enjoy the Trilogy. emoji41.pngemoji106.png

Yeah I've been wanting to play this ever since it was announced. Its a shame it took a year for it to get to Switch but I'm glad it's here.

Hopefully the Switch version is a good rendition of the Trilogy. I’m curious how it is/how it plays and runs. I’d like to get it and eventually the N. Sane Trilogy for my Switch, provided both are good ports.

Hopefully the Switch version is a good rendition of the Trilogy. I’m curious how it is/how it plays and runs. I’d like to get it and eventually the N. Sane Trilogy for my Switch, provided both are good ports.

It looks beautiful and seems to run smoothly. I have nothing to compare it to since I don't own a PS4, but I'm pleased with it.