Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Posted (edited)

My day off wasn’t as relaxing as I thought it would be. I had wanted to start up Octopath Traveler, but since I was busy with some unexpected “fun,” I opted to just play more Mario Odyssey when I could. I’m going to be busy the next several days with work and helping with celebration stuff at the local Fun Days on Saturday, and work several more days once Sunday rolls around so....damn it. Octopath will have to wait.

Oh well. As long as don’t have to deal with the lawn mower from hell again like I had too, I’ll be happy. That (insert a collection of colorful swear words here) has been “repaired” 4 times this summer alone and it refuses to mow for more than 5 minutes. It just straight up dies and it’s ridiculous. 🤬

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Posted (edited)

I also had yesterday off, too- for my birthday. Just turned 40, yesterday! I don’t really feel all that old, yet, though (I honestly feel like I’m still in my 30s, if that makes any sense).

Also, just noticed that all of the DLC for Builders 2 on ps4, just got released! Should be a pretty fun weekend (birthday party on the weekend, and some new DLC for DQB2 to play through).

Edited by Prince of Cannock
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Prince of Cannock said:

I also had yesterday off, too- for my birthday. Just turned 40, yesterday! I don’t really feel all that old, yet, though (I honestly feel like I’m still in my late 30s, if that makes any sense).

Hey it was my birthday too! Happy birthday birthday twin!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank god it is Friday. This weekend seemed to have taken FOREVER to get here. Have a bowling and golf tournament this weekend. Gonna be a blast!!!

• Like 1

Gotta vent and get this outta my system, so ignore the spoiler tag and skip below it:

Spoiler

The last two days have been pretty shitty at work for a number of reasons. A lot of confusing back and forths on what I need to do with excess product/materials in the stock room and how some freight from a month ago was processed despite the fact I followed the exact step by step process I was taught, other #$*! like that. The one that really bugs me is that I lost the ability to listen to my music when working in the back on freight days, which completely baffles me since it hasn’t been a problem for the last 3 months I’ve been there. I’m glad I have tomorrow off and kept my mouth shut the last two days, because I know I need to cool off for a few days before I want to talk about the situation. Otherwise I know I would say something stupid that I would regret. Our head manager asked if something was bothering me today, and I knew if I started telling her what was bugging me it would have been intermixed with a lot of “sailor talk” if you know what I mean.

We’ll see how Thursday goes and if I actually want to say what’s been bugging me with what I posted above, but considering the last full time job I had where I DID say what was bugging me (I wasn’t mad at the time, it was just me saying I didn’t really know what I should be doing during quiet periods and wanting some extra help with cleaning the meeting room since it was so big) it ended up biting me in the ass. So I’m probably just going to keep my head down and not say anything. I feel it’s a “damn’d if you do, damn’d of you don’t,” situation, and I’m not exactly sure what the hell I should do.

Sometimes being an adult is a right pain in the ass, you know it?

Okay, got that off my chest. Moving on...

Over the weekend my home town had their annual town celebration. The parade was good, the fireworks in the evening were dun to watch, got to catch up with some family I haven’t seen in awhile, the grill out at the grocery store was REALLY good (the turkey legs they were selling were pretty spectacular, almost as good as the ones you can get at the Iowa State Fair), and I was surprised with a Mario Kart themed cake for birthday. My b-day isn’t until August 2, but since a lot of my family was in town one of my aunts who bakes all the time threw it together. It was a nice surprise.

Tonight my mom took me out for supper for my birthday after I got off work. She’s leaving on a trip later this week, so she wanted to do something early. Went to one of my favorite restaurants and had a very good steak, so that was pretty nice.

Also, I’m super stoked the Hero is FINALLY in Smash Bros Ultimate! I’ve been wanting a DQ character in Smash since I re-fell in love with the series back in 2010, so 4 different heroes being playable is excellent. Also really liking the Mii DQ costumes too. The Slime hat is hilarious.

What a long ass week. Glad it's over. I'm gonna relax with some beers and Beatles records my Dad gave me awhile ago.

Posted (edited)

I had a pretty good birthday today. Had to work today and unfortunately it’s Tax Free weekend here in Iowa, but the day ended up going pretty fast. My co-workers ended up surprising me with a bunch of balloons tied to my desk, got my favorite pizza from a local pizza place after work, and got these three lovely games as birthday gifts:

spacer.png

I’m planning on doing a late night gaming session with Breath of the Wild, because other than a few things I need to do tomorrow I have all of Saturday off! I’m planning on making my tortilla soup since I’ve been hungry for it the last few weeks, and might break out the recipe box to make a new kind of fruit punch I’ve been wanting to try.

For now though, time to finally see what Zelda: Breath of the Wild is like. Fingers crossed it’s as amazing as Super Mario Odyssey was!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I'm back on the career search again. Sciatica is not making these decisions any easier. Honestly no clue where to start now.

17 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

I'm back on the career search again.

I feel like this sentence has described my life in the last 10 years pretty well.

So, how is everyone? Anything interesting going on? I've got so many new bodies buried in my base. . .uh, I mean I have so many new friends! 

So, how is everyone? Anything interesting going on? I've got so many new bodies buried in my base. . .uh, I mean I have so many new friends! 
Long time, no see!

Just playing DQB2 & trying to not buy anything else in 2020 except DQXI S to help clear the backlog a bit!

I went to the WaterFire Festival in Providence last night.13B35566-B923-4301-8A5F-629F6D43AD82.thumb.jpeg.f110bf0730bf8529389936df995e7eac.jpeg5084622D-7C51-423E-9698-294AAE92AE4F.thumb.jpeg.f66853a1a0c10a4d234e138dce7f1246.jpeg786FA2B8-D8F1-4B93-B05F-57381502634C.thumb.jpeg.77536610a49bf3f20a88dc64ba16ef1a.jpeg1055C016-E1E8-4F32-B31E-D3FD3D5B6640.thumb.jpeg.7369ec69d3dd8d4d683dadeadbecd4a6.jpeg

Took a hike up a mountain by myself again today. It's really nice to be alone with your mind in nature some times. That said...back to video games.

• Like 1

Last Saturday I attended Hammer's House Party. MC Hammer's first major tour since the early 90's! And it was super fun! The opening acts were Doug E. Fresh, Tone Loc, Kid 'n Play, Rob Base, and Six Mix-A-Lot. Yes, I got to hear Baby Got Back live. It wasn't a sold out show, but the concert arena was pretty well stocked. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. There were even some younger folks that came without their parents! Speaking of which, I'm sure quite a few kids will be seeing their mom shaking their ass on stage on dem innanets. So many folks were decked out in 90s outfits. Great to see the late 80s/early 90s vibe still alive in so many people.

• Upvote 2

On 8/4/2019 at 6:13 AM, Plattym3 said:

Long time, no see!

Just playing DQB2 & trying to not buy anything else in 2020 except DQXI S to help clear the backlog a bit!

I have so much backlog, it ain't even funny. 

And then #$*!ing Grandia comes out in 2 weeks. Damnit!

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
47 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

And then #$*!ing Grandia comes out in 2 weeks. Damnit!

I’ve been finishing about a game a week and haven’t bought any new ones because I need to save money, but then I found out the physical version of Metal Wolf Chaos XD is exclusive to GameStop so I’m like, “well, I guess I’m putting $30-40 from my next paycheck aside for two weeks from now” because retailer exclusive games are pretty much “now or never” affairs. I know an online limited run publisher is doing a, well, limited run in the future but I’d rather not hold out for it, only to miss out because I couldn’t be online the minute it was available.

• Like 1

New medication tonight. This makes the third for sciatica

• Like 1

New medication tonight. This makes the third for sciatica
Interesting. I've never seriously sought treatment for my sciatica issues. Have had issues for 22ish years now. Once I told a doctor and he just shrugged and didn't say anything. What kind of medication do they give for it? Something for nerves?

Work has scheduled some nurse practitioners to come in and sit with staff individually for 30 minutes each next week. They want to do a health talk where you can discuss anything/everything and see if whatever you're doing is working well for you. Also have a new PCP I'm seeing next month. Dude's pretty awesome, a recommendation from a friend and a family doctor. Took my son for his back to school checkup last week and the dude walks in wearing neon yellow shoes, I think J. Crew style shorts with dolphins or something on them and a Hawaiian shirt. Just sat and chatted with us about Plattym4 for a good 20 minutes, and this was Friday at 4:55pm.

Not that my sciatica is a huge issue, but it's probably the only thing I'm not doing anything for.

18 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Interesting. I've never seriously sought treatment for my sciatica issues. Have had issues for 22ish years now. Once I told a doctor and he just shrugged and didn't say anything. What kind of medication do they give for it? Something for nerves?

Anti-inflammatory medication. My case seems to be a bit more on the severe side but my doctor doesn't seem to have any other treatment in mind. That said I've been looking at getting an inversion table but I have no room for one.

• Like 1

It's been routine here. Working.  Feeling like an old man considering I have a soon to be 2nd grader while I'm in my mid 40s. 

I did finish Pillars of Eternity II. Good game. Would have been great outside of the horrible level cap.

So it appears the sciatica is a bit more complex than thought. It's actually a spinal issue so y'know, that's fun

House almost caught on fire. The outlet for our dryer caught on fire, and we didn't even have the dryer on for a couple days. Ended up having the fire department show up to examine it to make sure everything is alright. Going to have an electrician look into it tomorrow. Plugs are easily replaceable for dryers, just hope it is salvageable.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

House almost caught on fire. The outlet for our dryer caught on fire, and we didn't even have the dryer on for a couple days. Ended up having the fire department show up to examine it to make sure everything is alright. Going to have an electrician look into it tomorrow. Plugs are easily replaceable for dryers, just hope it is salvageable.

That's pretty scary. My wife and I put in an offer for a house over the weekend so now the waiting game begins. It was a nice way to spend our anniversary.

• Like 1

That's pretty scary. My wife and I put in an offer for a house over the weekend so now the waiting game begins. It was a nice way to spend our anniversary.
Good luck!