Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

1 hour ago, Bururian said:

No.

Meow.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Maybe.

About to wrap up 3+ weeks of vaca. Over it. Too much family time. Every neice & nephew I have has come through and more. Time to get back to relaxing normal.

That's how I usually get at the end of vacations. I'm just ready to get back to normalcy.

Mulan is my favorite Disney film so I’m glad, just based off this teaser, that the live action remake doesn’t look bad the way as some of the other ones have been.

Mulan is my favorite Disney film so I’m glad, just based off this teaser, that the live action remake doesn’t look bad the way as some of the other ones have been.
Saw that during the World Cup final today. It legit looked like a good movie. My wife said no music either, they're making it without musical numbers. Interesting.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

Saw that during the World Cup final today. It legit looked like a good movie. My wife said no music either, they're making it without musical numbers. Interesting.

Mulan has a lot going for it in the translation to live action, in a weird way. Aside from Eddie Murphy as Mushu, there are no memorable roles that would be recast that would upset fans. I know you said there wouldn’t be any music, but had they decided to put them in, the four musical numbers involve characters walking (except for I’ll Make a Man Out of You, which is a training montage), so the singing and dancing doesn’t have anything in it that makes it work in animation more than live action. It’s a war movie, so the trend of making these movies hyper serious makes sense in the case of Mulan. 

Just looking at the Wikipedia for it, the cast list alone shows how far it’s departed from the original movie. Like, there’s gonna be a witch in this movie. They even cast mostly (not all) Chinese actors. Usually, you’ll see a mixture of Korean, Taiwanese, and Japanese actors mixed in, as was the case with the original Mulan (which was fine since it’s an animated movie), so that’s a nice touch.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 11:19 AM, Woodus said:

But thou must?

For half the world.

7 hours ago, Bururian said:

For half the world.

tenor.gif?itemid=12502580

So yeah I have sciatica

My wife has been recently babysitting a 2 month old and 3 year old during the day. Today I said I'd watch the baby while she took the older kid, Plattym4 and Plattym5 to the local splash pad. Bad call. The little one hasn't stopped crying for 30 minutes. According to my wife, his mom feeds him twice as much formula as recommended and he's a horribly gassy kid. So I did a little Google search and you know what? WebMD!

9cabf6faed07bfc0a9e6ac25184a2ea0.jpg

1. Too late.

2. Have been trying forever.

3. WTF!? I know gender reassignment is more common these days, but this seems a bit extreme and won't help me the next 2 hours.

4. That's why I #$*!ing Googled this in the first place.

Thanks for no help!

My wife has been recently babysitting a 2 month old and 3 year old during the day. Today I said I'd watch the baby while she took the older kid, Plattym4 and Plattym5 to the local splash pad. Bad call. The little one hasn't stopped crying for 30 minutes. According to my wife, his mom feeds him twice as much formula as recommended and he's a horribly gassy kid. So I did a little Google search and you know what? WebMD!

9cabf6faed07bfc0a9e6ac25184a2ea0.jpg

1. Too late.
2. Have been trying forever.
3. WTF!? I know gender reassignment is more common these days, but this seems a bit extreme and won't help me the next 2 hours.
4. That's why I #$*!ing Googled this in the first place.

Thanks for no help!
I always just try the Bicycle Legs, Gas-X, and the standard bouncing.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I looked at a few houses today. I would rather not spend my vacation stressing out about all this stuff but if I tell my wife no she gets upset and thinks I want to spend the rest of my life in an apartment. 

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I looked at a few houses today. I would rather not spend my vacation stressing out about all this stuff but if I tell my wife no she gets upset and thinks I want to spend the rest of my life in an apartment. 

The prospect of taking care of a lawn makes me not want to own a house but an apartment is too cramped. I feel like I’d be all about living in a condo or something.

5 hours ago, eal said:

The prospect of taking care of a lawn makes me not want to own a house but an apartment is too cramped. I feel like I’d be all about living in a condo or something.

Depends on the type of condo. The one I'm in is basically an apartment but slightly larger and with lousy rules.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

Depends on the type of condo. The one I'm in is basically an apartment but slightly larger and with lousy rules.

All apartments have lousy rules. And the maintenance can be just as bad sometimes. My parking lot wasn’t shoveled out the next morning after a blizzard while literally every other apartment complex was shoveled out. I had to shake down a guy working on another parking lot to do a row or two of snow so I could take care of the rest.

Edited by eal

Back at work today after vacation. Kind of nice to be back but the day is going pretty slow since I was waking up around 10:30-11am each day. Yesterday was kind of a frantic day with me worrying about my DQ6 cart and my smoke alarm was going off at 6:30 am and needed to be replaced so I had to wait for maintenance to get there before I could even go back into my apartment...Also made a pretty "drastic" lifestyle choice to better myself and my health over the weekend that I hope I can stick with.

• Like 1

Had two days of 11 and a half hour shifts at work. We had to completely rearrange the entire store layout, and since I’m the stock supervisor I had to take items to and fro depending, so I was pretty much on my toes the whole time. Luckily today I was able to hang out in the stockroom more thanks to the large amount of shipment we got in, and I managed to get a lot done back there too! I’m pretty happy with that, we got free lunches since the District Manager bought for us yesterday and today, and all the extra hours of pay the last two days is pretty sweet too.

I’m allowed to listen to my iPod while in the back (I always keep one earbud out so I can hear my radio/anyone who needs me when they come to the back) so today I alternated listening to The Runaway Guys play Mario Party 4 and my Suikoden soundtracks. I don’t watch/listen to Let’s Plays much, but I’ve always liked ProtonJon and NintendoCapriSun so I enjoy listening to TRG now and then. It was also really nice to listen to my Suikoden music again; haven’t listened to those albums in awhile and man, totally forgot how great the music is from Suiko 1 and 2. Miki Higashino, you are a wonderful composer.

I’m glad I have Wednesdays as my guaranteed day off. I’m planning to try and finish Mario Odyssey and see if I can finish off Cuphead as well.

I gotta say, I prefer apartments. :W

Posted (edited)

So one goal for my day off was completed: I finally finished Super Mario Odyssey, and honestly I think it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. The final area of the game was unexpected and was really fun, and once the credits finished A LOT of stuff became available in the shops and to find in the kingdoms. I’ve barely scratched the surface of postgame (only had the chance to go back to the Cap Kingdom and some of the Cascade Kingdom), so it looks like Wednesdays will continue to be Mario Odyssey Day for a while longer!

I’m thinking the game deserves a Yangus’ Thoughts. Maybe I’ll wait and finish more of what’s been unlocked now, but I have a lot I want to talk about and share it. I had so much fun with the game, and many times it put a big smile on my face. Absolutely loved it and am happy I’ve finally been able to play it.

Spoiler

Also shout out to my boy in green Luigi for having a really fun side activity that opens up; Balloon World. Man, this mode seems like it will be REALLY addictive, both in finding player balloons and trying to hide your own in tricky locations!

Unfortunately things weren’t perfect; a big storm blew in and knocked out the power for about 5 hours, but thankfully I was able to get everything done I needed to around the house before that happened. I’m not looking forward to another 6 day stretch starting tomorrow since I wasn’t able to relax much today apart from the time I got to play Odyssey, so hopefully I can power through the next week.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This likely won’t be seen if I put this in the anime topic, so I’m putting this here:

This post was actually gonna be longer but I think it’s enough to say my heart goes out to those at Kyoto Animation today. I’m sure you know by now what happened so I’ll simply say that they’re an anime studio known for beloved shows like K-On!, Violet Evergarden, Clannad, Sound! Euphonium, Nichijou, Free!, the Haruhi Suzumiya series, and the movie adaptation of A Silent Voice. They’re also celebrated for being one of the healthiest animation studios to work for in Japan, an industry that does not normally pay or treat animators well.

There’s a Go Fund Me set up by Sentai Filmworks that’s earned a lot in a short amount of time that will go directly to KyoAni: https://www.gofundme.com/help-kyoani-heal

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally quit being a member of the HOA Board this weekend. Joined as a joke 2 years ago "to take it down from the inside" and kinda made sure it was almost powerless and at a standstill before I abruptly quit. The damn president is a literal by-the-book rule follower with zero power to stop anyone from doing most stuff and no ability to fine or force compliance. So I blamed my leaving on him. Sick of seeing 20 emails a day going back and forth from him and another board member about interpretations of rules and city code, all the whole knowing it's of 0% importance, nothing will be done, and I couldn't care less. I feel so free not having to worry about #$*!! Step 1 in life simplification = done!

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Finally quit being a member of the HOA Board this weekend. Joined as a joke 2 years ago "to take it down from the inside" and kinda made sure it was almost powerless and at a standstill before I abruptly quit. The damn president is a literal by-the-book rule follower with zero power to stop anyone from doing most stuff and no ability to fine or force compliance. So I blamed my leaving on him. Sick of seeing 20 emails a day going back and forth from him and another board member about interpretations of rules and city code, all the whole knowing it's of 0% importance, nothing will be done, and I couldn't care less. I feel so free not having to worry about #$*!! Step 1 in life simplification = done!

I guess you grew board of everything

Anyway, not too much exciting going on here right now. Got a doctor appointment tomorrow about my sciatica. Interested to see how it goes. Besides that, slow week until Thursday.

• Like 1

HOAs can be so corrupt. There should be harsher legal restrictions on what they are allowed to regulate.

HOAs can be so corrupt. There should be harsher legal restrictions on what they are allowed to regulate.

We literally can't do #$*! here, so I guess FL has those. We have maybe 5 houses that have motorcycles and cars all over the yard, trash being propped up to look like fences & just do whatever they want, we can't do anything but send them 3 letters and charge $105. The end. They pay, nothing much else to do.

As a resident I like it, as a board member it's annoying. Glad to be back in the bleachers shouting "HOAs suck!"

Dropped my car off for an inspection this morning. I miss when my birthday month meant getting money instead of giving it all away to the state...

• Like 1

Dropped my car off for an inspection this morning. I miss when my birthday month meant getting money instead of giving it all away to the state...
20 years of car insurance due on my birthday, and the credit card bills from Christmas coming due. I feel ya.

New prescription today.
Demo - 0
Sciatica - 1