Jump to content

What's New With You?


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Oh. I didn't realize the hat was on backwards. 100% serious now.

 

Serious like Terry. b19a8d7afc76ff2135c68185adee259a.jpg20120d01ace9edfb82b5b4cd5e23d6b4.jpg

Oh man, the amount of Terry is become too strong! Time to power up!

POWER...GEYSER!

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man, the amount of Terry is become too strong! Time to power up!
POWER...GEYSER!
Ijsdimo.jpg&key=09a2df6df5a4d02c96191651135519db3ec6c1378855366b7756e1de36cccb3f
Wait. Power? You want a Power Guy, Sir?

I'll give you a Power Guy, Sir! 42894a8137bb3c9e12bc9c04e7f327ee.jpg736eafe524dd4d6546c6e6f513a3a183.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Wait. Power? You want a Power Guy, Sir?

I'll give you a Power Guy, Sir! 42894a8137bb3c9e12bc9c04e7f327ee.jpg736eafe524dd4d6546c6e6f513a3a183.jpg

Going for a power play, huh? Well, I tip my hat and throw it your way, sir.

spacer.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Wait. Power? You want a Power Guy, Sir?

I'll give you a Power Guy, Sir! 

Personally, I’d rather get Power Girl

2C60B82A-7288-4141-9E1A-55DE0301E3D1.thumb.jpeg.33bc3c35345b2e86742e11d74a0dbd73.jpeg

Edited by eal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today is my holiday hours for Labor Day, so I’ve ended up with a 3 day weekend because of it. I’ll be there playing...well, something, over the next few days. Haven’t decided if it will be Zelda: Breath of the Wild, starting up the Grandia HD Collection, or going back to Trails of Cold Steel 2. Knowing me though, I’ll probably be playing a lot of Smash Ultimate now that Banjo & Kazooie are finally in the game. All the Banjo-Kazooie content is just so wonderful, and has given me the biggest smile whenever I remember the bear and bird are FINALLY back. I’m so happy about their inclusion and all the love and attention to detail that went into their content.

 

Anyway, since I have today off I decided to throw together my tortilla soup recipe in the crockpot so that can cook throughout the day, and I finally sat down to watch the Steven Universe movie. It was pretty good and had some wonderful new music/songs. Loved the animation for the new character Spinel too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d been following Vic Mignogna’s lawsuits against Funimation, Monica Rial and her fiancé, and Jamie Marchi. After months of internet lawyers grifting people out of their money, Vic fans screaming that the defendants don’t have a case and acting incredibly smug, dozens of lawyers on Twitter saying Vic has no case, a cottage industry on YouTube popping up just discussing this lawsuit, and a major leak of highly inappropriate bloopers of by the DBZ voice actors to divert attention of Vic, the court ruled in favor of all defendants on nearly all charges. 

Reports are that it was a complete mess for Vic’s lawyer. He completely fell apart and the judge seemed to be annoyed at him, based on the live tweets I read. Best of all, if what people are saying is true, the goobers that put money towards his GoFundMe because they thought they would be paying for Vic to “defeat his enemies” are instead reimbursing the fees of the people he sued. After all the cringe of the last couple months, this is the most fitting and hilarious result.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, eal said:

I’d been following Vic Mignogna’s lawsuits against Funimation, Monica Rial and her fiancé, and Jamie Marchi. After months of internet lawyers grifting people out of their money, Vic fans screaming that the defendants don’t have a case and acting incredibly smug, dozens of lawyers on Twitter saying Vic has no case, a cottage industry on YouTube popping up just discussing this lawsuit, and a major leak of highly inappropriate bloopers of by the DBZ voice actors to divert attention of Vic, the court ruled in favor of all defendants on nearly all charges. 

Reports are that it was a complete mess for Vic’s lawyer. He completely fell apart and the judge seemed to be annoyed at him, based on the live tweets I read. Best of all, if what people are saying is true, the goobers that put money towards his GoFundMe because they thought they would be paying for Vic to “defeat his enemies” are instead reimbursing the fees of the people he sued. After all the cringe of the last couple months, this is the most fitting and hilarious result.

I have been following the thing since it started as well. I personally didn't care about it. But the whole situation was a dumpster fire that I couldn't get my eyes off of. The disaster was entertaining on it's own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I have been following the thing since it started as well. I personally didn't care about it. But the whole situation was a dumpster fire that I couldn't get my eyes off of. The disaster was entertaining on it's own.

It was such a cringe fest. Like, if his innocence is important to you and all I guess stand up for him and defend him, even though I think he’s a scumbag personally. But it was one of those things where I was just like, “Really? This is your hill to die on?”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven't seen the latest news and don't have time at the moment, but it is a dumpster fire.

What actually made me angry was the deposition of Rial's fiancé. For months this guy made endless Twitter posts and when it came time to testify he smugly sat there and repeatedly said, "I don't recall." If you think someone is a danger to others, stand by your words.

What Huber said is likely the most accurate. Vic has an ego and has done some things, but he's popular. There was a click with the other actors and he didn't fit in with that. Nobody in this situation comes out looking good. I'm sure these adults still acting childish on Twitter now.

It's sad because Funimation made some great dubs. (Though I've never liked Dragon Ball's dubs goin' back to '97!) So many people are tarnished because of this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What made me made was that nitwits fell for an Internet huxter just because he’s a lawyer and gave him money to confirm their biases and watch him get drunk on stream and scream in his mic that Monica Rial wanted Vic Mignogna dead.

Edited by eal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

True, but the other side had their lawyers who were also acting horribly. The taunting and gloating is all so ugly. It doesn't strike me as the actions of people who are trying to protect others. All this has done is feed their egos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The gloating is happening because the Vic stans spent the last few months being so overconfident and smug. Even now they can’t admit that it’s game over, they say justice wasn’t served properly, that the judge is secretly Kick Vic (as if he actually cares), every excuse that doesn’t make them have to admit they were wrong. Let Kick Vic gloat. It’s a win for their side after months of getting #$*! from I Stand With Vic. It’s a reaction to having to deal with people who want to punish and silence women.

The gloating is happening because the Vic stans spent the last few months being so overconfident and smug. Even now they can’t admit that it’s game over, they say justice wasn’t served properly, that the judge is secretly Kick Vic (as if he actually cares), every excuse that doesn’t make them have to admit they were wrong. Let Kick Vic gloat. It’s a win for their side after months of getting #$*! from I Stand With Vic. It’s a reaction to having to deal with people who want to punish and silence women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's reductive to say that people who didn't support the accusers just want to punish or silence women. Innocent should be presumed over guilt and honestly all this cancel culture bullshit is so toxic. ProJared is a good example that comes to mind of how the internet takes sides and then just eviscerates "the enemy".

I don't doubt that some dickheads supported Vic and were toxic online. That's the nature of things. But that's just more of example why internet vigilantism is go freaking dangerous anyway. And there were also plenty of people who wanted to crucify Vic without having even heard either sides full stories.

Some people just love to hate people. It needs to end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I think it's reductive to say that people who didn't support the accusers just want to punish or silence women. Innocent should be presumed over guilt and honestly all this cancel culture bullshit is so toxic. ProJared is a good example that comes to mind of how the internet takes sides and then just eviscerates "the enemy".

I don't doubt that some dickheads supported Vic and were toxic online. That's the nature of things. But that's just more of example why internet vigilantism is go freaking dangerous anyway. And there were also plenty of people who wanted to crucify Vic without having even heard either sides full stories.

Some people just love to hate people. It needs to end.

I said it was a reaction to having to deal with that, not that it was all of, or even the majority of, I Stand With Vic. Honestly, I think the majority were anime fans that couldn’t accept that their favorite voice actor that was nice to them when they met him at a con is actually a douche, some people trying to jump onto when Comicsgate started collapsing, and the grifters trying to earn some bucks off all those people. But regardless, the reaction Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial got from Vic stans was not in proportion at all to what the average person should get when they speak out against someone. So yes, I do believe a fair chunk just hate that a man’s career was damaged by women who were hurt by him. The DBZ leaks had nothing to do with the court case. Why dig for dirt to air out in public besides out of spite?

Vic Mignogna took Jamie Marchi took court because she said he pulled her hair on Twitter and Vic stans 

Edited by eal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, eal said:

But regardless, the reaction Jamie Marchi and Monica Rial got from Vic stans was not in proportion at all to what the average person should get when they speak out against someone.

Marchi and Toye went beyond speaking out. They were spending every day #$*! flinging and attacking. There probably wouldn’t have even been a lawsuit if it weren’t for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There wouldn’t have been a lawsuit against Funimation and Monica Rial if it weren’t Marchi and Ron Toye? His lawsuit against Marchi was the weakest of them all. The judge threw out all claims against her from the bench because they couldn’t find substantial evidence for anything. And most importantly, didn’t Vic admit in his deposition that he pulled Jamie’s hair like she claimed? Amanda Winn-Lee and D.C. Douglas were flinging more #$*! then she was. As for Toye, I don’t care for him so you won’t see me defending him lol.

Edited by eal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marchi shouldn't have been included. Her role in the suit has been more popular than any of her acting roles. There's still going to be a ruling on Rial/Toye and Funimation. Given the mountain of evidence that came from their own mouths, there should be a ruling against them, even if damages aren't awarded.

Quote

Honestly, I think the majority were anime fans that couldn’t accept that their favorite voice actor that was nice to them when they met him at a con is actually a douche

I think it goes beyond that. People started smelling a dogpile. The original article did not vet their source. They used pictures without permission. Some of the people in the pictures came out and said nothing nefarious was happening. As things snowballed the claims started becoming less and less credible. More crazy things started happening from the "right" side of things. The attacks, fake swattings, backstabbing, etc. People in general are starting to tire of the cancel culture / Trial By Twitter. People are starting to get tired of biased, poorly researched articles that are easily refuted. So they're going to rally towards someone they see as the true victim. Like I said, nobody in this situation is innocent, but it never would've gotten to this point had everything been kept off Twitter.

Comparing it to what's happening with comics is kind of apples to oranges. Twitter is that thing that makes them both fruit, though! Mark Waid did that #$*!. He knows it. He bragged about doing it. That's why he's using stalling tactics to try and burn through Meyer's money. If the facts are on his side, he needs to go to court and stand by his words. He won't, though, because the depositions made him look worse. If he hadn't done that, Meyer would've just been putting out an occasional book at a small publisher. Instead it just made him more popular.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In regards to Monica and Ron, I Stand With Vic was pretty confident the evidence was in their favor for TI, and it was thrown out or dismissed or whatever. So there are no guarantees that it will swing that way for those claims.

And regardless of that ANN article, the fact remains that people did come forward to share their stories. Like Monica and Jamie, who were sued for speaking up even though Vic admitted to pulling Jamie’s hair in his deposition, and Jessie Pridemore and a few other random people. There are people. Just because ANN did a bad job doesn’t mean there was no one with accusations to levy against him. False accusations or bad sources does not invalidate the genuine ones. This could go on forever and neither of us are gonna alter our views so I’ll just say that I apply my standards both ways and would like to see the accusations about Chris Sabat looked into after the Vic Mignogna situation is resolved (seeing as it was only dug up to be used in bad faith as a diversionary tactic). I noticed on Twitter that the ANN author of the Vic piece was bothered it wasn’t being talked about so maybe she’ll look into it.

As for Comicsgate, I didn’t compare KickVic to it, just commented that people are bored with it and are moving onto the next culture war outrage now that Meyer’s channel has turned into him giving mild complaints of a book instead of #$*!ing about the comic book industry like it’s an ex-girlfriend and making personal attacks towards writers (although he still keeps incorrectly saying the Ironheart writer got the job because of her hair tho!). And Ethan Van Sciver fleecing customers out of their money on three covers and a coin for the same 40 page comic that he’s a year late on. And between infighting and people leaving social media, there’s been a total collapse and KotakuinAction needs a new place to put their money to own the libs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You watch Blackfish?
Yep. But I've lived in Orlando more than half my life. Have tons of friends that work here. Tons of animals caught, treated, released. They do a lot of good. It's not 1984 anymore, no matter what PETA says. PETA kills more animals yearly than SeaWorld.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm at SeaWorld

You ever been to Discovery Cove, Platty? That’s a really cool park/place to check out. I went there once years ago when I was in Florida visiting family and it was a fun time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
18 minutes ago, eal said:
You watch Blackfish?

Yep. But I've lived in Orlando more than half my life. Have tons of friends that work here. Tons of animals caught, treated, released. They do a lot of good. It's not 1984 anymore, no matter what PETA says. PETA kills more animals yearly than SeaWorld.

In regards to PETA, fun fact, they kill the vast majority of the animals they take in. Something around 75%.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...