Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Posted (edited)

Gonna try hard to get the Star Wars Limited Run Games today. Hoping I can grab at least one version, premium GB or NES or non premium. The NES version was one of the first games I played and I have great memories of never getting far in it with my friend.

Edit: Holy crap I was able to get a premium NES one and a regular Gameboy one.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Days on vacation: 14
Days with family here: 5
Days remaining: 9

Im ready to pack it in. We had 9 good days + a couple good ones with my parents, but now it's head-butting time and ugh, not looking forward to even more family coming. Get me home!

I finally got my Switch to connect to my WiFi. Apparently my router hadn’t been updated in awhile and my system couldn’t connect to it. Never even considered my router being the problem since I’ve never had problems connecting anything to it before. Luckily got that problem fixed, so hooray.

Since today was pay day at work, I then took the opportunity to pick up an eshop card and.....well...

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m happy to have the Fighter’s Pass. Now whenever the Hero and other characters release, I’ll be good to go! I know I said I was going to wait for the Hero’s release date, but...well, I love Smash Bros, so here we are.

I also had the chance to finally start up Super Mario Odyssey last night. I was waiting to update the game without having to use my phone for a hotspot (Smash only took about 20 minutes to get up to date using that method), and man, I’m super impressed with the game despite only playing it for an hour. I’m stoked to play it some more over the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend...boy, I’m not looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. I have a wedding to go to for someone I REALLY don’t care about. But I’m going regardless since I feel obligated to go. I’m hoping the afternoon and evening will go quickly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Days on vacation: 14
Days with family here: 5
Days remaining: 9

Im ready to pack it in. We had 9 good days + a couple good ones with my parents, but now it's head-butting time and ugh, not looking forward to even more family coming. Get me home!

Calgon take me away!  (dating myself with that reference) :P

• Like 1

Calgon take me away!  (dating myself with that reference)
I remember those commercials clearly. Doesn't help that I've had a heartburn flare up worse than I've ever had before. I don't doubt it's related haha. Nexium take me away!

I hiked a mountain today. I am really out of shape so I'm happy I was able to do it. I left early enough and got back to my house with plenty of time left in my day to play video games.  

• Like 1

I can now cross Madame Tussaud’s off my list of things 2005-2006 era eal has been trying to do for ever. Maybe with my GameCube plugged in again I can try to add Finish Super Mario Sunshine to that list (as a side note, I don’t get the hate for that game. It’s setting is lovely and Mario’s movement and combat are nice additions. Only real complaint I have is the camera is a nightmare).

I know I haven't been on much but...

Tomorrow might be the biggest day of my life in the past few years, if as a whole. Part of the reason I haven't been active like I was back in the day was my life was taken over by an incredibly stressful and time consuming job. A job that I spend 9-10 hours a day on, and got paid peanuts. Even when I get home I so stressed out I can't muster up the energy to do much anything I used to enjoy.

I have an interview tomorrow morning for a job. It is a major financial improvement, environment improvement, life improvement, you name it. I match it on virtually every bullet point on the job description, and I have 5 years of experience where it wants 3.

I'm in final consideration along with 2 others... I've risked my current job to do phone screenings, send emails back and forth and make cover stories. I'm going in late tomorrow too to make the interview....

image.png

Okay so, life kicked me in the teeth but I'm finally able to log back in.

Medication needs adjusting. Doc thinks I may have sciatica. Surgery was delayed 6-9 months.

Been playing more Pokemon Go as leg permits.

image.png.1c3cc96e54b48343a3447f13a982c9c5.png
Medication needs adjusting. Doc thinks I may have sciatica. Surgery was delayed 6-9 months.

I've been living through sciatica pain for 22 years at least. Totally sucks. I actually just told my wife today that tomorrow we're not driving anywhere too far away as my sciatica has been killing me this vacation.

Sorry to hear that's on your plate as well. Keep on keeping on!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I've been living through sciatica pain for 22 years at least. Totally sucks. I actually just told my wife today that tomorrow we're not driving anywhere too far away as my sciatica has been killing me this vacation.

Sorry to hear that's on your plate as well. Keep on keeping on!

My biggest concern honestly is the job limitations. My area is already pretty bad for jobs and the ones that are available are definitely not sciatica friendly

3 hours ago, Democrobot said:

image.png

0143D0A0-3DE8-43D5-A1F2-BA4FE9A11E5E.jpeg.7014e7dca4d8da3b2ca580128a8dfbe4.jpeg

In a twist of fate I may have gotten the funding needed for a game demo. If this pans out then I need to do some legal stuff and a business plan.

• Like 1

I'm not in the GD mood for anything today cause my allergies are killing me. I just gotta make it through tomorrow at work then I'll have until the 15th off. I have the whole week of the 8th off for my birthday and I'd like to do some hiking. I'm going to a "nostalgia night" at an amusement park I used to go to for my birthday. It's a 21+ event at the park so I'm hoping to get a little silly.

• Like 1

My mini 4th of July vacation starts today. I have to work on the 4th, but my holiday is today, and since Wednesdays are my guaranteed day off I’ll have the next two days to do whatever.

That wedding I attended this weekend was pretty miserable. It was 100 degrees with the heat index, and it was an outdoor wedding/reception...yeah, it was not fun sitting through the whole thing. It was cool to see some of my older cousins I don’t get the chance to talk much though. We all ended up at the same table during the reception so it good to catch up on life, games, and so on.

Anyway, I managed to finish off the World of Light adventure mode in Smash Ultimate. I thought it was okay; definitely better than playing through the Subspace Emissary from Brawl though. Personally I thought it went on for too long, but I enjoyed the artwork of the different maps and the many references from the spirit battles. I was happy to finally unlock the My Music option for the main menu, and I was very happy to see Brawl’s vocal main theme was one of the options. It was wonderful to see the vocal main theme was back. Definitely going to make a custom stage with that as the background music.

I also picked up (or rather downloaded) Cuphead last night after work. Like Super Mario Odyssey, I’m SOOOOOOOO glad I can finally play this game! I remember when it was first announced at E3 and I was pretty excited for it. I watched a lot of old cartoons thanks to VHS tapes my parents had when I was growing up, be they from Disney or other studios, so seeing a hand drawn game replicate that 1930s era style of animation was really cool. When it finally released in 2017 I was bummed I didn’t have the chance to play it, so thank you Nintendo and/or Microsoft for working together to help bring the game to the Switch! I’ve played part of the first area and I’m absolutely loving it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
15 hours ago, eal said:

How sad for Microsoft. I'll drink a beer for their loss today.

While it doesn’t mean we’ll get a sequel in the near future, it does mean we may get a remaster or port on PS4. I would triple dip for a version on Switch hands down.

1 hour ago, Bururian said:

No.

Yes.

28 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yes.

No.

2 hours ago, Bururian said:

No.

YES!

On 7/3/2019 at 7:16 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

YES!

No.

13 minutes ago, Bururian said:

No.

But thou must?

Maybe.

About to wrap up 3+ weeks of vaca. Over it. Too much family time. Every neice & nephew I have has come through and more. Time to get back to relaxing normal.