Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

The Bruins lost in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final last night and it's a rainy crappy day today so the weather must have known what happened. Everyone at my work keeps walking up to me talking about it being a bummer. Like...I know they lost please stop reminding me.

You must be like four feet from me because it’s also raining where I am.

I just have to say hockey is the weirdest sport, in terms of how the layperson views it (I am one of them lol). I don’t hear anyone talk about it until suddenly everyone’s asking me if I saw the Bruins game last night (for the last couple weeks). I could tell they made it to the play-offs just by everyone suddenly caring about it. I get the impression that Boston sports fans are just into the excitement of a team from Boston potentially won a championship.

Edited by eal

37 minutes ago, eal said:

You must be like four feet from me because it’s also raining where I am.

I just have to say hockey is the weirdest sport, in terms of how the layperson views it (I am one of them lol). I don’t hear anyone talk about it until suddenly everyone’s asking me if I saw the Bruins game last night (for the last couple weeks). I could tell they made it to the play-offs just by everyone suddenly caring about it. I get the impression that Boston sports fans are just into the excitement of a team from Boston potentially won a championship.

I'm in New Hampshire and yeah it's just kind of the thing with Boston teams. You might not follow them all but everyone kinda joins in on keeping tabs on each one if they make a deep playoff run.

17 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'm in New Hampshire and yeah it's just kind of the thing with Boston teams. You might not follow them all but everyone kinda joins in on keeping tabs on each one if they make a deep playoff run.

Only Boston teams people seem to follow regularly are the Red Sox and the Patriots (although they’re not strictly a Boston team). Despite basketball being created in MA, they don’t seem to care all that much except during March Madness or if the Celtics make it to the play-offs.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, eal said:

Only Boston teams people seem to follow regularly are the Red Sox and the Patriots (although they’re not strictly a Boston team). Despite basketball being created in MA, they don’t seem to care all that much except during March Madness or if the Celtics make it to the play-offs.

I started watching the Bruins so I'd have something to do while drinking in the winter. Basketball you don't need to pay attention until the last 2 minutes and I find football boring with the constant start and stop of play and commercials. At least with baseball I can have it on in the background while I play a game or something and look over when I hear the crowd getting excited.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Weird Al was in town last night. Originally I was just going to listen while I walked around the park outside. My girlfriend volunteers at the concession stand, so I went around to the front gate to wave, make a face, etc. As I was waiting for a lull in the crowd, a security guard came up and asked what I was doing. (This happens quite often to me.)  I told her and she said, "Why don't you tell her yourself." and she gave me a ticket! So I got to see Weird Al with the symphony for free. Great seat, too! I've always wanted to see Weird Al, but he's eluded me for years. It was a great show. He played for 90 minutes. Wish it could've been longer, but I'm really happy with what he played.

Moral of the story? Stalking your girlfriend at work pays off!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Weird Al was in town last night. Originally I was just going to listen while I walked around the park outside. My girlfriend volunteers at the concession stand, so I went around to the front gate to wave, make a face, etc. As I was waiting for a lull in the crowd, a security guard came up and asked what I was doing. (This happens quite often to me.)  I told her and she said, "Why don't you tell her yourself." and she gave me a ticket! So I got to see Weird Al with the symphony for free. Great seat, too! I've always wanted to see Weird Al, but he's eluded me for years. It was a great show. He played for 90 minutes. Wish it could've been longer, but I'm really happy with what he played.

He's coming around my area and my friend works for the concert venue so I'm sure he'll be able to at least listen from backstage. Unless he's doing the spotlight in which case he'll have a front facing view.

That's awesome. Been a fan of his for... 25ish years or so. Almost as long as DQ!

On vacation up in North Carolina now. Mountain views, waterfalls, big empty house until others start arriving. Gonna be a revolving door starting tomorrow night with my youngest cousin and friend first, sister-in-law next, parents should arrive somewhere in there, and then my sister and family July 1. It's nice having 4 days in the vacation house with just our family though.

Been job hunting for a week so far. Apparently getting my first offer tomorrow morning. Have a few interviews for the next few days so I'll have to wait and weigh my options. 

I guess the three years of stress of where I am now kinda pay off.

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking about this video like all day:

I scratched the itch and bought a Switch.

And Super Mario Odyssey.

And Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Looking forward to finally playing on the system.

• Like 1

And Super Mario Odyssey.

Wahoo! Congrats!

40 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

And Super Mario Odyssey.

Nice. It's a great little system. I haven't put nearly as much time into mine recently as I'd like to but when I do use it I love it. I feel like I should use handheld mode as it's a selling point of the system but things I'm playing aren't scaling well. I'd recommend Zelda and Stardew Valley. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Wahoo! Congrats!

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Nice. It's a great little system. I haven't put nearly as much time into mine recently as I'd like to but when I do use it I love it. I feel like I should use handheld mode as it's a selling point of the system but things I'm playing aren't scaling well. I'd recommend Zelda and Stardew Valley. 

I’m looking forward to finally playing Smash Ultimate and Mario Odyssey. E3 last week finally gave me the kick in the pants to buy the system, and those two games seemed like the best ones to start with.

Next up will be Octopath Traveler, Zelda: Breath of the Wild (which I’ve wanting to play FOREVER), Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (big fan of the series and was so glad to hear Capcom was bringing the game stateside), Dragon quest XI S, and/or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I do want to get Cuphead (which I’m super happy is available on the Switch by the way) and Collection of Mana, but I don’t want to get a bunch of Switch games just because. I have a bad habit of buying games on the cheap that I think I’ll play but then never really touch them. I’m going to try and only get the Switch games I know I absolutely want. It’s why I bought Ultimate and Odyssey today: those were two games that sold me on getting a Switch, so they were top billing as it were.

Now if only Atlus could release Shin Megami Tensei V....

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m looking forward to finally playing Smash Ultimate and Mario Odyssey. E3 last week finally gave me the kick in the pants to buy the system, and those two games seemed like the best ones to start with.

Next up will be Octopath Traveler, Zelda: Breath of the Wild (which I’ve wanting to play FOREVER), Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (big fan of the series and was so glad to hear Capcom was bringing the game stateside), Dragon quest XI S, and/or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

I do want to get Cuphead (which I’m super happy is available on the Switch by the way) and Collection of Mana, but I don’t want to get a bunch of Switch games just because. I have a bad habit of buying games on the cheap that I think I’ll play but then never really touch them. I’m going to try and only get the Switch games I know I absolutely want. It’s why I bought Ultimate and Odyssey today: those were two games that sold me on getting a Switch, so they were top billing as it were.

Now if only Atlus could release Shin Megami Tensei V....

I haven't played a SMT game before but having played Persona 4 & 5 makes me interested in the games. I know they're super hard but I would give it a look. I'm not into hard games but I might give Cuphead a look one day and probably on Switch.

• Like 1

I woke up this morning and could barely open my right eye. I'm really hoping it's not pink eye or conjunctivitis and I'm just sitting here at work miserable because of it. The rest of my face is all stuffed up so it's most likely allergies. Looking forward to getting home and watching Evangalion on Netflix and enjoying the weekend.

My local Walmart is pricing out a lot of their older games. And not just Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? for 3DS for $1. I ended up buying SMT IV Apocalypse for $5, Attack on Titan 2 for $5, and Vampyr for $10. The last two were especially steep discounts from their last price. They had dozens of games lined up. I saw Bravely Default: End Layer for $5, Pokken Tournament on Wii U for $5, just piles of games like this for cheap. So if there’s a Walmart nearby you should take a look at their games section because I’m seeing a lot of this lately.

On 6/21/2019 at 5:57 PM, eal said:

My local Walmart is pricing out a lot of their older games. And not just Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? for 3DS for $1. I ended up buying SMT IV Apocalypse for $5, Attack on Titan 2 for $5, and Vampyr for $10. The last two were especially steep discounts from their last price. They had dozens of games lined up. I saw Bravely Default: End Layer for $5, Pokken Tournament on Wii U for $5, just piles of games like this for cheap. So if there’s a Walmart nearby you should take a look at their games section because I’m seeing a lot of this lately.

Someone on the Dragon Quester Facebook group posted a clearance copy of DQ XI they got for $10 from there...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sold my 3ds and ps1 for some money to put towards a switch wound up loaning a bit of money to my sister so she could fix her laptop. Wound up going to the hospital at the end of May and got diagnosed with Vertigo also found out that the dentures that got made last year were made wrong.

Edited by ethanej

13 hours ago, ethanej said:

Sold my 3ds and ps1 for some money to put towards a switch wound up loaning a bit of money to my sister so she could fix her laptop. Wound up going to the hospital at the end of May and got diagnosed with Vertigo also found out that the dentures that got made last year were made wrong.

Jesus...they wanna pile anything else on you? Hope everything turns up well for you.

Flying out to Vegas for my brother’s wedding. It’s like a 10 hour flight (due to an almost 4 hour layover) and I won’t be able to check in for over two hours after I land and I have some wedding thing to do a couple hours later so I don’t know how I’m gonna make it through the next 24 hours.

Flying out to Vegas for my brother’s wedding. It’s like a 10 hour flight (due to an almost 4 hour layover) and I won’t be able to check in for over two hours after I land and I have some wedding thing to do a couple hours later so I don’t know how I’m gonna make it through the next 24 hours.
Rockstar.@woodus & I approve.

Hey,@democrobot what's going on lately? @ErdricktheHero you too?

After a busy 6 day stretch of work, I get a day off tomorrow. I’m glad to have it too, as I’ve had to do a lot of moving and freight in the back of house. It won’t entirely be a day of rest since I need to take care of some errands, but I’m looking forward to kicking back for a good chunk of the day.

A week later after buying Smash Ultimate, I now have all the characters unlocked. I find it funny Cloud was the last character I unlocked but regardless I’m glad that (to quote the E3 2018 trailer) “Everyone is here!” now. At some point I’ll have to pick up an eshop card and download Piranha Plant and the Fighter’s Pass, but I’ll wait until we have a release date for the Hero and/or Banjo-Kazooie.

I’m having a wonderful time with Smash Ultimate. It’s been great seeing so many of the stages and characters from past entries together in one title as I’ve played Smash mode and Classic mode. Seeing stages from Melee revisited in HD and the N64 stages we haven’t seen in years is awesome, and the new batch of characters added to Ultimate have been great to play as. I’m loving playing as K. Rool and Ridley, the Belmonts are welcome additions, and Isabelle is honestly pretty cute to see in action (plus it’s nice just having another Animal Crossing rep).

Can’t wait for the Hero and Banjo-Kazooie to be released and join in on the fight!

12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Rockstar.@woodus & I approve.

Especially for Vegas ;)

My wife is going up north for a few days with her sister leaving me with the apartment and the cats. It'll be nice to catch up on some games but I know I'll miss her.

I feel like I see people winning at all of the slot machines all the time, but I have to remind myself that if you look at their credits they likely put $100 in the machine and have spent the last two hours trying to win it all back. I’ve personally put minor amounts of money in them ($1 or $2) so I don’t play them for long. I’ll see people dump $50 in at the start on their debit/credit card. They’re incredibly elaborate games too. I watched one woman earn like $100 after an incredibly long and convoluted series of elaborate actions and animations on one digital slot machine that went on for like 2 minutes.

I’ve been mostly playing blackjack. I’ve actually gotten far ahead most of the time and then got greedy and played until I ran out of chips. I generally haven’t played with anything more than $40, and that was the one time so far I quit with a profit. When I woke up I put $30 and played for a solid two hours or more before I ran out of chips, but to me, I got my $30 worth in entertainment. The people I played with were chatty and fun, and like I said, I played for a pretty long time. I enjoyed freaking them out and confusing the dealer by making plays that are generally considered foolish. Lots of doubling down haha.

Don’t think I could ever be like one guy at my table who had been playing since 2 AM though (it was 12 by then...).