Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I just realozed that I haven't gotten a Tapatalk notification in like forever.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

I checked the status of the plugin, it should be working.

I checked the status of the plugin, it should be working.
I got this one. Something must have been up with the app. But it's highly unlikely that I wouldn't get any notifications for like a month with how many subforums I'm following here.

I got one from your post.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I got one from your post. emoji6.png

And I got a notification from the mobile version of the Den about your post. It’s a chain reaction.

10 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

And I got a notification from the mobile version of the Den about your post. It’s a chain reaction. 

Just wait for the 500 server error now that seems to keep coming up. >.<

25 minutes ago, Woodus said:

Just wait for the 500 server error now that seems to keep coming up. >.<

I haven’t had that happen in awhile now actually.

Posted (edited)

Man, Saturday flew by quickly. I have to work this whole Memorial Day Weekend, and before I knew it it was an hour before closing. It’s different to be the one in charge of the closing process, but I’m kind of used to it now. Had plenty of practice the last few shifts. I do prefer the work I have to do during the week versus the weekends, but eh.

Since I’m now waiting on Trails of Cold Steel 2 to arrive for PS4 (come on June 4th, get here already...!) I’ve picked up Shadow of the Colossus (PS4 remake) again to pass the time. I’m aiming to get the trophies I haven’t earned yet and see if I can unlock all the images in the art gallery, but just picking up the game kind of makes me forget to actually go for those goals. Shadow of the Colossus is interesting as it can be relaxing and mysterious as you roam the Forbidden Lands but then becomes tense in a split second once you encounter one of the Colossi. I don’t really have nostalgia for the game since I first played it in 2015, but damn, this game can still get to me in several ways even after replaying it a number of times.

With the PS4 remake, I totally forgot what a wonderful job Bluepoint Studios was able to pull off. I still think it’s visually one of the best games I’ve ever seen. I keep hoping the rumors of them working on a Demon’s Souls remake will finally happen (or just be true) because I’d love to see what they could do with that game. Or heck, I just want to see the studio work on ANYTHING else big. They seem to do a good job with every project they handle. 

Anyway, kudos to them for bringing the world of Shadow of the Colossus to PS4. A year later this remake is still just as spectacular in many ways.

Also, I’m super late talking about, but the Harry Potter concert this past Sunday was really something. The orchestra did an excellent job with what they played, and there were plenty of times I found myself tapping my foot with the beat. The music selections were mostly the John Williams scores from the first 3 movies, but they had a decent selection of stuff from movies 4-7. They played most of what I was expecting from the movies past 4 (I’m especially glad they played the Yule Ball song, I love the music from that scene) but sadly they didn’t play Dolores Umbridge’s theme. That’s the one song I thought would be guaranteed from movie #5, but no dice. Kind of shame, but again, every other choice from all the movies were great. Mom enjoyed it a fair bit, so I’m glad her week late Mother’s Day celebration was a success.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Past John Williams' works for the series, the only memorable theme for me is Nicholas Hooper's The Ministry of Magic from the fifth film.

Today we remember the fallen and guilt trip everyone on Facebook about it.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:49 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

With the PS4 remake, I totally forgot what a wonderful job Bluepoint Studios was able to pull off. I still think it’s visually one of the best games I’ve ever seen. I keep hoping the rumors of them working on a Demon’s Souls remake will finally happen (or just be true) because I’d love to see what they could do with that game. Or heck, I just want to see the studio work on ANYTHING else big. They seem to do a good job with every project they handle. 

Anyway, kudos to them for bringing the world of Shadow of the Colossus to PS4. A year later this remake is still just as spectacular in many ways.

They did do the remaster for Gravity Rush on PS4, just to throw it out there if you’re interested in their games.

8 hours ago, eal said:

They did do the remaster for Gravity Rush on PS4, just to throw it out there if you’re interested in their games.

I’ll get it at some point. It’s on my list of PS4 games (remaster or otherwise) I’d like to get.

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ll get it at some point. It’s on my list of PS4 games (remaster or otherwise) I’d like to get.

I haven’t played the remaster personally but, based on what I’ve seen, I would actually say get the remaster, unless price matters at all since the Vita version is usually at a deep discount during sales. The mechanics should work on Vita but feels better with a PS4 controller in the case of Gravity Rush 2. The problem with it is it’s charming and the music is great and Kat is one of my favorite protagonists but it’s an open world with nothing to do. There are some challenges and stuff but not really any fun sidequests. The sequel fixed that and some other issues as well, but the original game is required to understand what’s happening and the original is only like 9-12 hours long if you zoom through it. So Gravity Rush 1 is worth it just to play the sequel.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, eal said:

I haven’t played the remaster personally but, based on what I’ve seen, I would actually say get the remaster, unless price matters at all since the Vita version is usually at a deep discount during sales. The mechanics should work on Vita but feels better with a PS4 controller in the case of Gravity Rush 2. The problem with it is it’s charming and the music is great and Kat is one of my favorite protagonists but it’s an open world with nothing to do. There are some challenges and stuff but not really any fun sidequests. The sequel fixed that and some other issues as well, but the original game is required to understand what’s happening and the original is only like 9-12 hours long if you zoom through it. So Gravity Rush 1 is worth it just to play the sequel.

Eh, an open world with not much to do except explore is fine. That’s what Shadow of the Colossus has, as the only “side activities,” are to find any fruit trees and white tailed lizards to help increase Wander’s HP and stamina respectively. The remake does add 79 coins to find which do give you a pretty nice reward, but otherwise Shadow of the Colossus, like the other Team Ico games, focuses on the base gameplay elements without too many distractions. You have bonus unlocks from doing some optional tasks like the time trials in Shadow or the secret weapons in Ico, but otherwise it’s just the main character, their companion, and the overall goal of the game. It’s real simple, but it works.

It’s stuff like that that kept me going with Red Dead Redemption 2 actually. Yes there are optional quests you can do if you find people out in the world, but really I just had a lot more fun exploring the landscape, seeing if I could find rare animals or odd landmarks. I remember in one of the mountain ranges I came across a Sasquatch looking skeleton and a stone circle of some kind further up the mountain. Or how I came across a house in the middle of the woods and found a new shotgun, some of the cigarette trading cards I was missing, and full reloads on my weapons.  

I mean, it’s cool to hear they improved on the original Gravity Rush, don’t get me wrong, but I like just exploring and seeing what can be found. I’m guessing I’ll like both games anyway since they are ones I’ve been wanting to get (and because you always talk highly about the games anyway 😜) since they just seem like interesting games. I remember hearing about Gravity Rush even before I really got into Sony consoles.

Funny enough, same thing happened with Shadow of the Colossus. Knew about the game for years thanks to an old show on G4 called Cheat! (I’m pretty sure that was the show’s name anyway) where they had an entire episode dedicated to the game. It looked fascinating and stuck with me despite not playing it for myself until 2015.

Anyway, like I said before, I do plan to get both Gravity Rush games at some point. I don’t know when, but eventually. Maybe I’ll pick them up when I finally pick up the Bioshock Collection, which is another series I’ve been wanting to play for a long while now.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Eh, an open world with not much to do except explore is fine. That’s what Shadow of the Colossus has, as the only “side activities,” are to find any fruit trees and white tailed lizards to help increase Wander’s HP and stamina respectively. The remake does add 79 coins to find which do give you a pretty nice reward, but otherwise Shadow of the Colossus, like the other Team Ico games, focuses on the base gameplay elements without too many distractions. You have bonus unlocks from doing some optional tasks like the time trials in Shadow or the secret weapons in Ico, but otherwise it’s just the main character, their companion, and the overall goal of the game. It’s real simple, but it works.

It’s stuff like that that kept me going with Red Dead Redemption 2 actually. Yes there are optional quests you can do if you find people out in the world, but really I just had a lot more fun exploring the landscape, seeing if I could find rare animals or odd landmarks. I remember in one of the mountain ranges I came across a Sasquatch looking skeleton and a stone circle of some kind further up the mountain. Or how I came across a house in the middle of the woods and found a new shotgun, some of the cigarette trading cards I was missing, and full reloads on my weapons.  

I mean, it’s cool to hear they improved on the original Gravity Rush, don’t get me wrong, but I like just exploring and seeing what can be found. I’m guessing I’ll like both games anyway since they are ones I’ve been wanting to get (and because you always talk highly about the games anyway 😜) since they just seem like interesting games. I remember hearing about Gravity Rush even before I really got into Sony consoles.

Funny enough, same thing happened with Shadow of the Colossus. Knew about the game for years thanks to an old show on G4 called Cheat! (I’m pretty sure that was the show’s name anyway) where they had an entire episode dedicated to the game. It looked fascinating and stuck with me despite not playing it for myself until 2015.

Anyway, like I said before, I do plan to get both Gravity Rush games at some point. I don’t know when, but eventually. Maybe I’ll pick them up when I finally pick up the Bioshock Collection, which is another series I’ve been wanting to play for a long while now.

Hey, if it works for you, it works for me. I do think a key difference between some of the open worlds of the games you mentioned and Gravity Rush’s is that you travel the world by floating in the air and shifting gravity to fly to where you’re going, so you probably spend about 75% of the game when not doing story missions in the air, not observing the world around you. My issue with the lack of things to do is it didn’t give me a reason to drop to the ground a look around.

It also has to do with how the world is built, at least to me. It’s very open the higher up you go, so it’s better to travel at higher altitudes. Gravity Rush 2’s world is a bit more wide and full of low buildings, and more spacious so you can take in the scenery as you travel moreso than you could in Gravity Rush.

Edited by eal

The other day my best friend found Dead Like Me season 1 on DVD and bought it for me (it's the one TV show I've ever watched beginning to end multiple times). Glad to know I'll be able to watch it any time now, even if Hulu drops it. (I was pretty sad when I found out Netflix had dropped it, that's where I first saw it.)

Now if only I had season 2...

I kind of wish they'd bring back the series, but between the actors aging and Mandy Patinkin having passed away (wait, he's still alive? I could have sworn I read he passed... Maybe it was a hoax. I guess it's pretty hard to kill a reaper, huh?), I don't think it could be as good as it once was.

I’ve been watching a lot of sketch shows and bits of comedian acts lately, mainly because I need a quick something to watch on my breaks at work. I’m on a roll with the Carol Burnett Show, and have really been enjoying this particular video.

It’s hilarious how much Tim Conway cane get Harvey Kormen to crack up from the tiniest things. Definitely a funny watch.

• Like 1

I just splurged on myself and picked up a new guitar recently, but unfortunately my practice as of late has been very inconsistent. : ( I've been wanting to practice and learn a couple songs as well but nothing has really stuck on me and kept me interested for long. But! On the brighter side, I backed up my computer so in the scenario that it croaks at least all my data is safe, so yay! I have that going for me at least LMAO. Does anyone know where to pick up good ol' Dragon Quest plushies? There's a Malroth on eBay that's seriously tempting me and I know I shouldn't go for it... but self-control is something I lack! 

• Like 1

The only one I've bought is a blue slime from Amazon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Amazon will most likely offer free shipping. Ebay is hit or miss for free shipping, depending on the seller. However Ebay's selection tends to be better than Amazon in terms of the different types of plushies they actually have available. Amazon has a lot of stuff that's no longer in stock when you search for it, which is pretty pointless. Ebay is better about clearing out old listings. If you find what you're looking for on both or even other sites like Ami Ami or Play Asia, do a price comparison before you buy.

Edited by Liamland
  • Like 1

I'm engaged. 

I'm going to see Yellowstone National Park this coming weekend. 

I worked 24 hours straight last Friday. 

I'm going on a 4 day cruise in August. 

I got a dog.

I want to game more (I guess this is not new)

I like coffee (also not new)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well today had a bad surprise at work. The girl who was supposed to show up to help close was a no call, no show, so I had to stay until closing. Ended up working a 10 hour day, and with this being day 5 of a 9 day work stretch I’m feeling a little exhausted. Thank god I get to hide out in the warehouse tomorrow and work on my freight and other projects I started.

I’m annoyed I won’t be able to watch the Nintendo direct tomorrow when it goes live. Guess I’ll have to try and avoid the internet like the plague until I can watch it when I get home from work.

• Like 1

The Dragon Quest Smash reveal’s already got me juiced up and then I see that Boston Comic Con’s announced some more artists: most notably Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo, Greg Capullo, Becky Cloonan, David Finch, Peter Tomasi, Steve Rude, Lee Weeks, and Phil Noto. Boston is always week when it comes to comic guests, but this is a solid lineup of names.

• Like 1

Well Seiken Densetsu 3 is finally in the west. Waited 21 years to say that.

I'll be picking it up physical when it releases in August.

• Like 2

The Bruins lost in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final last night and it's a rainy crappy day today so the weather must have known what happened. Everyone at my work keeps walking up to me talking about it being a bummer. Like...I know they lost please stop reminding me.