So, how is everyone? Anything interesting going on? I've got so many new bodies buried in my base. . .uh, I mean I have so many new friends! 
Long time, no see!

Just playing DQB2 & trying to not buy anything else in 2020 except DQXI S to help clear the backlog a bit!
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

Last Saturday I attended Hammer's House Party. MC Hammer's first major tour since the early 90's! And it was super fun! The opening acts were Doug E. Fresh, Tone Loc, Kid 'n Play, Rob Base, and Six Mix-A-Lot. Yes, I got to hear Baby Got Back live. It wasn't a sold out show, but the concert arena was pretty well stocked. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. There were even some younger folks that came without their parents! Speaking of which, I'm sure quite a few kids will be seeing their mom shaking their ass on stage on dem innanets. So many folks were decked out in 90s outfits. Great to see the late 80s/early 90s vibe still alive in so many people.

• Upvote 2
On 8/4/2019 at 6:13 AM, Plattym3 said:

Long time, no see!

Just playing DQB2 & trying to not buy anything else in 2020 except DQXI S to help clear the backlog a bit!

I have so much backlog, it ain't even funny. 

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
47 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:
I have so much backlog, it ain't even funny. 

And then #$*!ing Grandia comes out in 2 weeks. Damnit!

I’ve been finishing about a game a week and haven’t bought any new ones because I need to save money, but then I found out the physical version of Metal Wolf Chaos XD is exclusive to GameStop so I’m like, “well, I guess I’m putting $30-40 from my next paycheck aside for two weeks from now” because retailer exclusive games are pretty much “now or never” affairs. I know an online limited run publisher is doing a, well, limited run in the future but I’d rather not hold out for it, only to miss out because I couldn’t be online the minute it was available.

• Like 1
New medication tonight. This makes the third for sciatica
Interesting. I've never seriously sought treatment for my sciatica issues. Have had issues for 22ish years now. Once I told a doctor and he just shrugged and didn't say anything. What kind of medication do they give for it? Something for nerves?

Work has scheduled some nurse practitioners to come in and sit with staff individually for 30 minutes each next week. They want to do a health talk where you can discuss anything/everything and see if whatever you're doing is working well for you. Also have a new PCP I'm seeing next month. Dude's pretty awesome, a recommendation from a friend and a family doctor. Took my son for his back to school checkup last week and the dude walks in wearing neon yellow shoes, I think J. Crew style shorts with dolphins or something on them and a Hawaiian shirt. Just sat and chatted with us about Plattym4 for a good 20 minutes, and this was Friday at 4:55pm.

Not that my sciatica is a huge issue, but it's probably the only thing I'm not doing anything for.
18 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Interesting. I've never seriously sought treatment for my sciatica issues. Have had issues for 22ish years now. Once I told a doctor and he just shrugged and didn't say anything. What kind of medication do they give for it? Something for nerves?

Anti-inflammatory medication. My case seems to be a bit more on the severe side but my doctor doesn't seem to have any other treatment in mind. That said I've been looking at getting an inversion table but I have no room for one.

• Like 1

It's been routine here. Working.  Feeling like an old man considering I have a soon to be 2nd grader while I'm in my mid 40s. 

I did finish Pillars of Eternity II. Good game. Would have been great outside of the horrible level cap.

So it appears the sciatica is a bit more complex than thought. It's actually a spinal issue so y'know, that's fun

House almost caught on fire. The outlet for our dryer caught on fire, and we didn't even have the dryer on for a couple days. Ended up having the fire department show up to examine it to make sure everything is alright. Going to have an electrician look into it tomorrow. Plugs are easily replaceable for dryers, just hope it is salvageable.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Twinkie said:

House almost caught on fire. The outlet for our dryer caught on fire, and we didn't even have the dryer on for a couple days. Ended up having the fire department show up to examine it to make sure everything is alright. Going to have an electrician look into it tomorrow. Plugs are easily replaceable for dryers, just hope it is salvageable.

That's pretty scary. My wife and I put in an offer for a house over the weekend so now the waiting game begins. It was a nice way to spend our anniversary.

• Like 1

Psych appointment today, career fair tomorrow, ortho on Wednesday. Busy week.

12 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Hopefully it isn't anything too bad.

4 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

That's pretty scary. My wife and I put in an offer for a house over the weekend so now the waiting game begins. It was a nice way to spend our anniversary.

Best of luck!

Yesterday some friends and I dropped into Goodwill to find a gag gift. Found a DVD of Gulliver's Travels starring Jack Black...in Russian!

This Goodwill had pilot jackets and pilot shirts. Cheap, too. This got me thinking. For only $30, I could never pay for a plane ticket again! I can just walk through security. Hop on a plane. Maybe even fly the plane if I wanna. It's just like driving a really long car, right? Figured it would at least get me into the pilot lounge. It worked for Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can. It was based on a true story and the only reason that guy got arrested was for forgery.

There was also a staff shirt for The Cheesecake Factory. Also highly beneficial. All you need is some black pants, walk into the back, and say, "I need some more bread!"

Edited by Dwaine
8 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Hopefully it isn't anything too bad.

It turned out pretty well. I had an electrician show up this afternoon to replace the outlet and change the cord to the dryer. Fortunately the dryer was saved in the process. I am $165 poorer, but all things considered I lucked out.

12 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Awesome! Wish you the best of luck!

19 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Good luck!

18 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Best of luck!

10 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Awesome! Wish you the best of luck!

Thank you all. We're in the negotiating phase now and it seems like everyone has agreed upon some numbers. Big step in my life but I'm excited about it. I've been a nervous wreck all day.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1

Since we're having a homeowners discussion here: turns out that our hosepipe has been running water into our backyard for like a month now.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Also on the topic of homeowners I met with a property management company that is hiring. Low odds but we can hope!

My mom and her boyfriend just got a nice house. Relatively big, too. I'm happy for her.

• Like 1

This was one of the best days I’ve had in a quite a while, or I guess Wednesday was since I’m technically posting this on Thursday. Had a really good time at the Iowa State Fair, got to meet our founding father of the Dragon’s Den. @Woodus, in person at long last, and finally got to see Gabriel Iglesias in person at the Grandstands for his show this evening. Meeting Woodus in person and having someone to bounce back some Dragon Quest related jokes/comments with in person was awesome, got plenty of tasty fair food, saw a lot of cool stuff, and Gabriel’s show was absolutely hilarious. It was all new material with some fan favorite stories at the very end, and he ended up going 30 minutes his planned show time!

This was probably the best State Fair trip I’ve had in the last few years. Great, great day!

21 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

My mom and her boyfriend just got a nice house. Relatively big, too. I'm happy for her.

You're welcome to visit any time.

Just uh...call first.

• Like 1