What's New With You?

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I looked at a few houses today. I would rather not spend my vacation stressing out about all this stuff but if I tell my wife no she gets upset and thinks I want to spend the rest of my life in an apartment. 

The prospect of taking care of a lawn makes me not want to own a house but an apartment is too cramped. I feel like I’d be all about living in a condo or something.

5 hours ago, eal said:

The prospect of taking care of a lawn makes me not want to own a house but an apartment is too cramped. I feel like I’d be all about living in a condo or something.

Depends on the type of condo. The one I'm in is basically an apartment but slightly larger and with lousy rules.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

Depends on the type of condo. The one I'm in is basically an apartment but slightly larger and with lousy rules.

All apartments have lousy rules. And the maintenance can be just as bad sometimes. My parking lot wasn’t shoveled out the next morning after a blizzard while literally every other apartment complex was shoveled out. I had to shake down a guy working on another parking lot to do a row or two of snow so I could take care of the rest.

Edited by eal

Back at work today after vacation. Kind of nice to be back but the day is going pretty slow since I was waking up around 10:30-11am each day. Yesterday was kind of a frantic day with me worrying about my DQ6 cart and my smoke alarm was going off at 6:30 am and needed to be replaced so I had to wait for maintenance to get there before I could even go back into my apartment...Also made a pretty "drastic" lifestyle choice to better myself and my health over the weekend that I hope I can stick with.

• Like 1

Had two days of 11 and a half hour shifts at work. We had to completely rearrange the entire store layout, and since I’m the stock supervisor I had to take items to and fro depending, so I was pretty much on my toes the whole time. Luckily today I was able to hang out in the stockroom more thanks to the large amount of shipment we got in, and I managed to get a lot done back there too! I’m pretty happy with that, we got free lunches since the District Manager bought for us yesterday and today, and all the extra hours of pay the last two days is pretty sweet too.

I’m allowed to listen to my iPod while in the back (I always keep one earbud out so I can hear my radio/anyone who needs me when they come to the back) so today I alternated listening to The Runaway Guys play Mario Party 4 and my Suikoden soundtracks. I don’t watch/listen to Let’s Plays much, but I’ve always liked ProtonJon and NintendoCapriSun so I enjoy listening to TRG now and then. It was also really nice to listen to my Suikoden music again; haven’t listened to those albums in awhile and man, totally forgot how great the music is from Suiko 1 and 2. Miki Higashino, you are a wonderful composer.

I’m glad I have Wednesdays as my guaranteed day off. I’m planning to try and finish Mario Odyssey and see if I can finish off Cuphead as well.

I gotta say, I prefer apartments. :W

So one goal for my day off was completed: I finally finished Super Mario Odyssey, and honestly I think it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. The final area of the game was unexpected and was really fun, and once the credits finished A LOT of stuff became available in the shops and to find in the kingdoms. I’ve barely scratched the surface of postgame (only had the chance to go back to the Cap Kingdom and some of the Cascade Kingdom), so it looks like Wednesdays will continue to be Mario Odyssey Day for a while longer!

I’m thinking the game deserves a Yangus’ Thoughts. Maybe I’ll wait and finish more of what’s been unlocked now, but I have a lot I want to talk about and share it. I had so much fun with the game, and many times it put a big smile on my face. Absolutely loved it and am happy I’ve finally been able to play it.

Spoiler

Also shout out to my boy in green Luigi for having a really fun side activity that opens up; Balloon World. Man, this mode seems like it will be REALLY addictive, both in finding player balloons and trying to hide your own in tricky locations!

Unfortunately things weren’t perfect; a big storm blew in and knocked out the power for about 5 hours, but thankfully I was able to get everything done I needed to around the house before that happened. I’m not looking forward to another 6 day stretch starting tomorrow since I wasn’t able to relax much today apart from the time I got to play Odyssey, so hopefully I can power through the next week.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

This likely won’t be seen if I put this in the anime topic, so I’m putting this here:

This post was actually gonna be longer but I think it’s enough to say my heart goes out to those at Kyoto Animation today. I’m sure you know by now what happened so I’ll simply say that they’re an anime studio known for beloved shows like K-On!, Violet Evergarden, Clannad, Sound! Euphonium, Nichijou, Free!, the Haruhi Suzumiya series, and the movie adaptation of A Silent Voice. They’re also celebrated for being one of the healthiest animation studios to work for in Japan, an industry that does not normally pay or treat animators well.

There’s a Go Fund Me set up by Sentai Filmworks that’s earned a lot in a short amount of time that will go directly to KyoAni: https://www.gofundme.com/help-kyoani-heal

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally quit being a member of the HOA Board this weekend. Joined as a joke 2 years ago "to take it down from the inside" and kinda made sure it was almost powerless and at a standstill before I abruptly quit. The damn president is a literal by-the-book rule follower with zero power to stop anyone from doing most stuff and no ability to fine or force compliance. So I blamed my leaving on him. Sick of seeing 20 emails a day going back and forth from him and another board member about interpretations of rules and city code, all the whole knowing it's of 0% importance, nothing will be done, and I couldn't care less. I feel so free not having to worry about #$*!! Step 1 in life simplification = done!

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Finally quit being a member of the HOA Board this weekend. Joined as a joke 2 years ago "to take it down from the inside" and kinda made sure it was almost powerless and at a standstill before I abruptly quit. The damn president is a literal by-the-book rule follower with zero power to stop anyone from doing most stuff and no ability to fine or force compliance. So I blamed my leaving on him. Sick of seeing 20 emails a day going back and forth from him and another board member about interpretations of rules and city code, all the whole knowing it's of 0% importance, nothing will be done, and I couldn't care less. I feel so free not having to worry about #$*!! Step 1 in life simplification = done!

I guess you grew board of everything

Anyway, not too much exciting going on here right now. Got a doctor appointment tomorrow about my sciatica. Interested to see how it goes. Besides that, slow week until Thursday.

• Like 1

HOAs can be so corrupt. There should be harsher legal restrictions on what they are allowed to regulate.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

HOAs can be so corrupt. There should be harsher legal restrictions on what they are allowed to regulate.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

We literally can't do #$*! here, so I guess FL has those. We have maybe 5 houses that have motorcycles and cars all over the yard, trash being propped up to look like fences & just do whatever they want, we can't do anything but send them 3 letters and charge $105. The end. They pay, nothing much else to do.

As a resident I like it, as a board member it's annoying. Glad to be back in the bleachers shouting "HOAs suck!"

Dropped my car off for an inspection this morning. I miss when my birthday month meant getting money instead of giving it all away to the state...
20 years of car insurance due on my birthday, and the credit card bills from Christmas coming due. I feel ya.

New prescription today.
Demo - 0
Sciatica - 1

My day off wasn’t as relaxing as I thought it would be. I had wanted to start up Octopath Traveler, but since I was busy with some unexpected “fun,” I opted to just play more Mario Odyssey when I could. I’m going to be busy the next several days with work and helping with celebration stuff at the local Fun Days on Saturday, and work several more days once Sunday rolls around so....damn it. Octopath will have to wait.

Oh well. As long as don’t have to deal with the lawn mower from hell again like I had too, I’ll be happy. That (insert a collection of colorful swear words here) has been “repaired” 4 times this summer alone and it refuses to mow for more than 5 minutes. It just straight up dies and it’s ridiculous. 🤬

I also had yesterday off, too- for my birthday. Just turned 40, yesterday! I don’t really feel all that old, yet, though (I honestly feel like I’m still in my 30s, if that makes any sense).

Also, just noticed that all of the DLC for Builders 2 on ps4, just got released! Should be a pretty fun weekend (birthday party on the weekend, and some new DLC for DQB2 to play through).

Edited by Prince of Cannock
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Prince of Cannock said:

I also had yesterday off, too- for my birthday. Just turned 40, yesterday! I don’t really feel all that old, yet, though (I honestly feel like I’m still in my late 30s, if that makes any sense).

Hey it was my birthday too! Happy birthday birthday twin!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank god it is Friday. This weekend seemed to have taken FOREVER to get here. Have a bowling and golf tournament this weekend. Gonna be a blast!!!

• Like 1

Gotta vent and get this outta my system, so ignore the spoiler tag and skip below it:

Spoiler

The last two days have been pretty shitty at work for a number of reasons. A lot of confusing back and forths on what I need to do with excess product/materials in the stock room and how some freight from a month ago was processed despite the fact I followed the exact step by step process I was taught, other #$*! like that. The one that really bugs me is that I lost the ability to listen to my music when working in the back on freight days, which completely baffles me since it hasn’t been a problem for the last 3 months I’ve been there. I’m glad I have tomorrow off and kept my mouth shut the last two days, because I know I need to cool off for a few days before I want to talk about the situation. Otherwise I know I would say something stupid that I would regret. Our head manager asked if something was bothering me today, and I knew if I started telling her what was bugging me it would have been intermixed with a lot of “sailor talk” if you know what I mean.

We’ll see how Thursday goes and if I actually want to say what’s been bugging me with what I posted above, but considering the last full time job I had where I DID say what was bugging me (I wasn’t mad at the time, it was just me saying I didn’t really know what I should be doing during quiet periods and wanting some extra help with cleaning the meeting room since it was so big) it ended up biting me in the ass. So I’m probably just going to keep my head down and not say anything. I feel it’s a “damn’d if you do, damn’d of you don’t,” situation, and I’m not exactly sure what the hell I should do.

Sometimes being an adult is a right pain in the ass, you know it?

Okay, got that off my chest. Moving on...

Over the weekend my home town had their annual town celebration. The parade was good, the fireworks in the evening were dun to watch, got to catch up with some family I haven’t seen in awhile, the grill out at the grocery store was REALLY good (the turkey legs they were selling were pretty spectacular, almost as good as the ones you can get at the Iowa State Fair), and I was surprised with a Mario Kart themed cake for birthday. My b-day isn’t until August 2, but since a lot of my family was in town one of my aunts who bakes all the time threw it together. It was a nice surprise.

Tonight my mom took me out for supper for my birthday after I got off work. She’s leaving on a trip later this week, so she wanted to do something early. Went to one of my favorite restaurants and had a very good steak, so that was pretty nice.

Also, I’m super stoked the Hero is FINALLY in Smash Bros Ultimate! I’ve been wanting a DQ character in Smash since I re-fell in love with the series back in 2010, so 4 different heroes being playable is excellent. Also really liking the Mii DQ costumes too. The Slime hat is hilarious.

I had a pretty good birthday today. Had to work today and unfortunately it’s Tax Free weekend here in Iowa, but the day ended up going pretty fast. My co-workers ended up surprising me with a bunch of balloons tied to my desk, got my favorite pizza from a local pizza place after work, and got these three lovely games as birthday gifts:

spacer.png

I’m planning on doing a late night gaming session with Breath of the Wild, because other than a few things I need to do tomorrow I have all of Saturday off! I’m planning on making my tortilla soup since I’ve been hungry for it the last few weeks, and might break out the recipe box to make a new kind of fruit punch I’ve been wanting to try.

For now though, time to finally see what Zelda: Breath of the Wild is like. Fingers crossed it’s as amazing as Super Mario Odyssey was!

I'm back on the career search again. Sciatica is not making these decisions any easier. Honestly no clue where to start now.

17 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

I'm back on the career search again.

I feel like this sentence has described my life in the last 10 years pretty well.

So, how is everyone? Anything interesting going on? I've got so many new bodies buried in my base. . .uh, I mean I have so many new friends!