Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Anybody want to take over this Data Structures course for me? My eyes basically glazed over the second my professor said "We're going to learn how to prove the complexity of recursive functions."

I am currently sitting in a van stuck on the side of the road. It's snowing here and my buddy got us stuck, trying to go around a fallen tree.

It's still dark outside, but up ahead of us we just witnessed a bright flash followed by a pulsing light which went on for nearly a minute, followed by another bright flash, then pitch black. We've concluded it must be a power line.

His insurance affords him free roadside assistance, but the roadside assistance company asked over 30 of their trucks to come help us, and noone was willing to do it. They even called a few other tow companies and it sounds like even the police and noone can or will come.

We currently have a nearly full tank of gas so we've at least got heat for the time being, but I'm becoming incredibly nervous.

Hope you are OK, sounds like what is going on around here as well, they have a few of the major roads and interstates closed down still this morning.

Had an appointment today for an upper endoscopy and found out I have GERD. Last night was horrible around town. The neighbor behind us put a metal roof on his house the wind ripped some of the metal off the roof. Thankfully none of the pieces caused any damage.

Well it was announced that Melee won't be at Evo this year. I was kind've sad to hear it to be honest, but the game has had a good run at the tournament. Happy that other communities get to have their game at Evo now though, like UNIST.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Test REply

Test

Edit: Is anyone else only seeing that the “latest,” posts in this topic are from June 2018? Because every time I’ve checked this topic today it keeps showing the newest post is one from Liamland on the 26th of June.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Keep the "What's new with you" going in this topic and I will merge them after Invision fixes the problem, or if they cannot I will mothball that topic.

So what is new with me, the forum upgrade dicked up the "What's new with you" topic ;)

I did my group therapy orientation today. It was a bit underwhelming but it could be useful depending on which type of group they think would benefit me.

Also still searching on places to relocate in the future. Between cost of living and the job market, places are limited.

A month from today I'll be having a baby tooth surgically removed so that means one step closer to the jaw surgery.

19 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Test

Edit: Is anyone else only seeing that the “latest,” posts in this topic are from June 2018? Because every time I’ve checked this topic today it keeps showing the newest post is one from Liamland on the 26th of June.

Nope, I see your reply, and Woodus's test post as well.

10 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Nope, I see your reply, and Woodus's test post as well.

The problem has been fixed apparently.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:53 PM, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Well it was announced that Melee won't be at Evo this year. I was kind've sad to hear it to be honest, but the game has had a good run at the tournament. Happy that other communities get to have their game at Evo now though, like UNIST.

Meanwhile the King of Fighters XIV has been ignored again for EVO. There’s no love for SNK. Thank god the game was at least at Evo Japan 2019.

They emailed me a bit ago stating they had to apply a manual patch to the forums and will be included with the 4.4.1 release of the forum software.

• Like 1

What's new and New What's New topics merged

• Like 1

I am currently sitting in a van stuck on the side of the road. It's snowing here and my buddy got us stuck, trying to go around a fallen tree.

It's still dark outside, but up ahead of us we just witnessed a bright flash followed by a pulsing light which went on for nearly a minute, followed by another bright flash, then pitch black. We've concluded it must be a power line.

His insurance affords him free roadside assistance, but the roadside assistance company asked over 30 of their trucks to come help us, and noone was willing to do it. They even called a few other tow companies and it sounds like even the police and noone can or will come.

We currently have a nearly full tank of gas so we've at least got heat for the time being, but I'm becoming incredibly nervous.
You ok?

We got a delayed opening at work and when I got up this morning, I discovered not only was our parking lot and the steps leading out of our apartment complex not plowed, the plow trucks kind of just had the snow pile up around the ends of both. So I go out to at least try to shovel my way out (I’m of course parked way in the back), and another guy comes out and tells me to not even bother. I was looking at about 15 inches of snow, a little more at the end, so I just threw my hands up and gave up.

A little later on decided to give it one more go so I can at least tell my boss I tried, and another guy comes out and tells me to not even bother and getting a plow for our lot has been an ongoing issue for awhile now and they might come by in the afternoon. On top of that, I’ve been seeing plows go up and down every other parking lot but ours for the last hour.

I eventually say, “eff it” and went up to a nearby plow and begged him to do a quick up-and-down plow and I’d get myself the rest of the way out. After he helped me out a bunch of people in my complex left their apartments and started digging themselves out and complaining about management. They were all kinda watching and waiting, it seemed to me.

The roads were fine the way to work and I got in an hour and a half late. Really shoulda just called out. Fun times.

• Like 1

I've been dealing with a massive headache for a couple days. Pretty sure it's from a lack of good sleep

We got a delayed opening at work and when I got up this morning, I discovered not only was our parking lot and the steps leading out of our apartment complex not plowed, the plow trucks kind of just had the snow pile up around the ends of both. So I go out to at least try to shovel my way out (I’m of course parked way in the back), and another guy comes out and tells me to not even bother. I was looking at about 15 inches of snow, a little more at the end, so I just threw my hands up and gave up.
A little later on decided to give it one more go so I can at least tell my boss I tried, and another guy comes out and tells me to not even bother and getting a plow for our lot has been an ongoing issue for awhile now and they might come by in the afternoon. On top of that, I’ve been seeing plows go up and down every other parking lot but ours for the last hour.
I eventually say, “eff it” and went up to a nearby plow and begged him to do a quick up-and-down plow and I’d get myself the rest of the way out. After he helped me out a bunch of people in my complex left their apartments and started digging themselves out and complaining about management. They were all kinda watching and waiting, it seemed to me.
The roads were fine the way to work and I got in an hour and a half late. Really shoulda just called out. Fun times.
Freaking sun all over the place. Was miles high today and made me sweat. At least I could work on my tan at carline this morning.

There’s been this and that going on for me. Mainly been looking for a new job and going to interviews the last few weeks. One of them went pretty well last week and I think I’m a top candidate for it. Hopefully the follow up for it this week will go well too.

Other then that, I’m going to start making healthier choices. Lent starts Wednesday the 6th (it’s still Tuesday the 5th as I type this, yay central time zone) but rather than give something up I’m going to add something to my routine. I’ve gotten a head start by eating more healthy snack choices like carrots and celery instead of chips all the time, and I’m starting to drink less pop. Gameplan is to keep this up for Lent and (hopefully) it will stick. Once it warms up again I plan on going for more walks...but not now though. It’s still too damn cold outside.

One more thing: I found a new art book for my small collection of them. I stopped at Barnes and Noble while doing errands today and found the 1st Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive book on sale. It features art/notes from the first 6 Final Fantasy games, and for the price I decided to get it. I’ve looked through the FF1 section so far, and it’s cool to see the notes and design papers, as well as the original artwork by Yoshitaka Amano. I’ve always liked his style.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

There’s been this and that going on for me. Mainly been looking for a new job and going to interviews the last few weeks. One of them went pretty well last week and I think I’m a top candidate for it. Hopefully the follow up for it this week will go well too.

Other then that, I’m going to start making healthier choices. Lent starts Wednesday the 6th (it’s still Tuesday the 5th as I type this, yay central time zone) but rather than give something up I’m going to add something to my routine. I’ve gotten a head start by eating more healthy snack choices like carrots and celery instead of chips all the time, and I’m starting to drink less pop. Gameplan is to keep this up for Lent and (hopefully) it will stick. Once it warms up again I plan on going for more walks...but not now though. It’s still too damn cold outside.

One more thing: I found a new art book for my small collection of them. I stopped at Barnes and Noble while doing errands today and found the 1st Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive book on sale. It features art/notes from the first 6 Final Fantasy games, and for the price I decided to get it. I’ve looked through the FF1 section so far, and it’s cool to see the notes and design papers, as well as the original artwork by Yoshitaka Amano. I’ve always liked his style.

Look at the 2nd volume when you get a chance for FF7-9. Final Fantasy 8 really gets the shaft. less than 25% of the book gets dedicated to FF8 and it makes me sad. I loved that game and it barely gets anything.

47 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Look at the 2nd volume when you get a chance for FF7-9. Final Fantasy 8 really gets the shaft. less than 25% of the book gets dedicated to FF8 and it makes me sad. I loved that game and it barely gets anything.

So is FF7 the other 75% while FF9 is just briefly mentioned at the end?

Finally got my next appointment with my coach booked for the 18th.

On 3/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

So is FF7 the other 75% while FF9 is just briefly mentioned at the end?

I went and took a picture just to show you.
Green is FF7, Red is FF8, Yellow is FF9.

1NFP6Ke.jpg

19 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I went and took a picture just to show you.
Green is FF7, Red is FF8, Yellow is FF9.

I’m glad they didn’t ignore IX then. Sorry VIII fans.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m glad they didn’t ignore IX then. Sorry VIII fans.

Apparently all that FF8 in the book is, as per this amazon review:

"No early designs, nothing behind the scenes, just artwork and character bios "

I made the Switch today.