Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I feel bad for Dark Horse. The Star Wars license helped make them and was a major part of their business for over 20 years. There was no real reason to end that partnership. They could've continued just like the countless other companies with the Star Wars license. It's good to see Dark Horse expand, though. Their art books are really nice. I highly recommend The Art of The Book of Life. Plus they still keep the $40 price point versus IDW's $10 profit markup.

A lot of the Clone Wars staff went over to make this new movie Lucas wrote that's due out in February. It looks nice, but has musical numbers that turns me off of it. It was also nice of them to release and animatics of the unproduced episodes. That's what I just don't get about the Clone Wars/Rebels budget and staff cut. It was a great series, won a ton of awards, strong viewership, etc. Why gut all of that and handicap a good director/show runner?

So I get a call from my apartment complex's general manager yesterday, and I'm getting a new roommate just right the **** out of nowhere.  The guy will already be moving some of his stuff in today, and I only got 12 hours notice. He seems like a good guy when I spoke to him yesterday, but I'm really pissed off I was given such a short warning without a heads up. I don't need this **** with only a few weeks of school left before Christmas break.

Disney owns Marvel and Marvel has a much larger dealer base then Dark Horse. I've actually never seen a single issue of a Dark Horse comic on the new comics rack at my local comic shop. They also get to take a more active role in their comics' direction under Marvel. It makes plenty of sense why they'd put Marvel on it.

So I get a call from my apartment complex's general manager yesterday, and I'm getting a new roommate just right the **** out of nowhere. The guy will already be moving some of his stuff in today, and I only got 12 hours notice. He seems like a good guy when I spoke to him yesterday, but I'm really pissed off I was given such a short warning without a heads up. I don't need this **** with only a few weeks of school left before Christmas break.

Your manager can force a roommate on you? WTF?

It's because there's such a large number of people coming in to move into the apartment buildings.  Normally they give a week's notice, but that wasn't the case. Fingers crossed we'll get along alright.

Is this a college dorm?  I don't think I have heard of an apartment where tenants can be added to units that are already occupied.

I went shopping a couple of days ago for Christmas (mostly video game-related stuff). Me and my sister are planning to shop more tomorrow with a relative. I also

got a new blanklet since the old one got holes in it.

Sunday I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival. It was the last day of the show. Had a great time, but wish I could've stayed longer, done more, eaten more, etc. 'Round 11 we were watching the mud show, but the lady sitting in front of me had captured my attention. When the show was over we were asking each other what to do next. I had the great suggestion of heading in the direction the girl and her mother were headed. My friends responded with, "Oh, the one who's underage!" "What?! NO! N-No way she was underage! No!"

While this discussion was going on, my friend's daughter's step-sister (who's about 13) popped up and said, "She's 33!" "Aw, see, perfect - wait, how do you know?" Turns out she ran over, asked, and told her someone from our group had a crush on her. Didn't see her the rest of the day. The place is so huge, if your paths diverge there's a good chance you'll never see that person again. Same goes with the large brony in the onesie that didn't fit, and the three ripped and shirtless college aged guys in bright yellow kits I wanted to get a picture with and make it my new profile pic on Facebook.

Come on, Dwaine!  I know you've got more game than that.  The little kid had the guts to run up to her and ask her a hard question.   :P   Perhaps if you'd been forward, the young looking 33-year-old would have been receptive.  It's tricky, but if the chemistry felt legit, you could have asked for her number to see if she wanted to grab dinner sometime.

I know... #ThanksCaptainHindsight :tounge2:

It's like a job interview.  Anticipate dozens of No's before a Yes, but keep being forward and it pays off eventually.  The hardest part is not beating yourself up over the No's (...and yes, I fully realize that sounds like "beating yourself up over the nose".) :puzzled:

Better luck next time, or here's to hoping you somehow run into her again.

Edited by Liamland

@King Zenith - No, it's a two bedroom apartment, not a dorm.  I've been living in it by myself for the past 2 years. I'm only so annoyed because it's such short notice.

I did meet my new room mate, and he's a nice guy. He's a few years older than I am and will be starting classes in January.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I've been attempting to do my part in Drama class. Not going too well. At least today I managed to voice choking on saliva and vomit.  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow I have a field trip to the Citadel Theatre. We're going to watch A Christmas Carol matinee. Now I have an excuse to get fancy! (I'm so fancy, you already know).

While we are on the topic of girls, the one I've been trying to ask out may be gay. Of course, I'm only getting vague notions of this from my cousin and I don't think asking her point-blank is really appropriate. And this other girl who I would like to ask out is in Grade 9, so... The age difference isn't exactly acceptable at this time.

Come on, Dwaine!  I know you've got more game than that.  The little kid had the guts to run up to her and ask her a hard question.   :P   Perhaps if you'd been forward, the young looking 33-year-old would have been receptive.  It's tricky, but if the chemistry felt legit, you could have asked for her number to see if she wanted to grab dinner sometime.

I was going to say hello if our paths crossed again. I'm the type of guy that prefers to get to know someone first. When the situation would make it look like I'm outright hitting on someone I tend to avoid it, because that's not really me. Plus she was with her mom! We were already on opposite sides of the theater when the step-sister ran up and asked her and they were well on their way into the crowd.

Better luck next time, or here's to hoping you somehow run into her again.

Haha, I doubt I will. While TRF is about a half hour from me, it draws in practically half the state. She could be from around here or she could be from way east or north. Although, I never put it past Facebook! A friend of one of my friends replied to one of her posts about her being there too. Clicked on her profile and under Friends there was a guy I went to high school with and somone who works at the Barnes & Noble I frequent.

No, I've never met her. It's just funny how Facebook can show us how small the world is sometimes. My personal list is mostly limited to people I talk to on a regular basis. If someone sends me a friend request and I don't approve it right away, it's nothing personal. I just don't know you that well yet. I still keep 'em all in the inbox.

Dwaine had the the 1337th reply. Congrats.

1338 actually. And I fail to see how that matters?

Well, his post was the 1338th post in the topic, but that would make it the 1337th reply. As for why that matters, well obviously you are not Leet enough to see such devious ways of driving up your post count.

On Dragon Quest 8, I did some gold grinding at Neos, went to Emppychu and cleared Rank C of the Monster Arena.

Now is the time to level a little bit on the game.

Well, his post was the 1338th post in the topic, but that would make it the 1337th reply. As for why that matters, well obviously you are not Leet enough to see such devious ways of driving up your post count.

And I had the 1337th post. Does that make Dwaine and I Leet brothers?

Plus she was with her mom!

Even more ballsy to ask her out right there, then.  :wd_coolslime: <= Pimp Slime

Getting ready for a fun weekend.  My dad is coming down to NYC , and we're going to a Shakepearean Pub Crawl, called ShakesBEER.  You got to four different bars and a bunch of actors get up and act out a scene, while you have a beer at each pub.

I've been a few times, and it was pretty cool.  Immersive theater, where it's happening around you.  One time I even let Juliette cut me on the bathroom line, for chilvalry's sake.

But I think the best part about the whole experience is looking at the expressions of the people at the bars who were just there to drink, when suddenly a few people stand on chairs and start reciting A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 1

Saw A Christmas Carol today. I was sitting next to my cousin, who hit me when the coffin opened. And then right at the end, after the curtain call when the guy was giving a little speech, the power went out. It think it is a sign. Aside from that, it was a great performance. All the actors were splendid.

She has a boyfriend.

Headdesk.gif

She has a boyfriend.

Headdesk.gif

I know that feel bro

i_hug_that_feel.png?1318992465

Sorry, Erdrick.  Did you ask her or did that come up in conversation?  If you asked her out that's still a victory.

Protests are erupting all over NYC tonight, after the Grand Jury verdict not to indict a police officer who put a Staten Island African American man in a choke hold during an attempted arrest, which resulted in the man's death.  It's Ferguson all over again.  I hope we don't see the violence that Ferguson saw as a result, but it's hard to believe it would come to that level.  We seriously need some restraint on these cops, though.  I used to work for a hospital on the janitorial staff in High School, and part of my job was helping security to subdue drunks and belligerent patients in the ER, as well as the mentally unstable, when they were out of control.  We never ever put patients in choke holds to subdue.  This cop must have been totally berserk, and let his anger get the better of him.

Edited by Liamland

Sorry, man. But you must have asked her, right? I know it doesn't help right now, but that's a victory, itself.

Yeah, I asked her. Of course, I played it off as no big deal, but I was honestly really upset. Thankfully I asked her right before I left, so I was able to get out of there as quickly as possible. After thinking about it, I realize it really isn't a big deal. It sucks, yeah, but did I really expect her to ever think of me as anything more than a friend? Not really.

Anyways, I found out this morning (while feeding my new coffee addiction) that this cute girl from high school works at the Dutch Bros. next to the bus station I pass through on my way to work. She bought my coffee (I did not expect this, I even told her she didn't have to but she insisted). So I think tomorrow I'll leave early so I'm not in such a hurry, and if she's there, play the "I owe you" card. (That's a thing, right? I see it in TV/movies sometimes.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, that works.  Good idea.

Sounds like you have a good attitude about it.  Try not to beat yourself up, though.  The timing might have just been off if that girl was dating someone already.