Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Completed the first day of the classes yesterday. Trying to remain optimistic. The people are nice enough though. I have the day off today so I'll probably play some more DQXI. I go back tomorrow and Thursday is the last day.

Due to the extreme cold here in Iowa today, a lot of businesses and schools were closed today. The temperature got to -16 degrees, and with wind chill it feels like -30. I totally believe it to, as when I briefly went outside it was, to quote Dr. Evil, “It’s freakin’ cold, Mr. Bigglesworth!” So I’ve been home all day because of the cold and because my work was one of the businesses that closed for the day. Totally fine with that because of the weather, as it’s dangerously cold for people to be outside even for a short while.

Anyway, I’ve taken advantage of the day and have kept reading Watchmen (the chapter about Dr. Manhattan was pretty good), done some baking and made cookies, and read up on all the changes for Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2. Video footage of Videl and Jiren gameplay popped up too courtesy of Namco, and both look like fun additions. Videl is my favorite of the two, but Jiren’s counter gameplay style is pretty sweet, not to mention he’s voiced by Patrick Seitz which is automatic win in my book.

Unfortunately the two gameplay videos for them are from the replay channel in game and have the stickers feature turned on, but otherwise it’s a good little showcase of some of the things the two new characters can do. Can’t wait to download them in the future!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Today we were taught that if the job posting doesn't list a name to contact and the website doesn't specify, call or stalk social media until you find out.

Work ended early today due to the weather. As much as I like some extra time off and appreciate the consideration of employee safety...I want to work so I can get the moneys. I’ll be glad when this winter weather isn’t so bad.

With the extra time at home I’ve been spending the evening messing around in Dragon Ball FighterZ with the new characters. I’m really digging Videl’s playstyle as it’s similar to Android 17’s, though I need to figure out the right timing for the Great Saiyaman assist. He’s designated as her projectile attack (or X button on PS4) and I like empty jump summon since he does a dive kick across the screen, but I’ll need to watch for any Videl combos on YouTube for help. Glad she isn’t a joke character like people were predicting. ArcSys has some silly characters, but they make them completely viable like Faust and Bridgette in the Guilty Gear series.

Jiren meanwhile is hilarious. The guy’s lines are very stoic, and his gameplay is counter heavy like I thought. I can get behind this playstyle, as I enjoy playing as Geese Howard in SNK fighters. His standing heavy is a grab which is really confusing, but I’m liking the guy nevertheless. Good projectiles, heavy hitting, the counter game is a welcome addition....overall a win. I’d say I prefer Videl gameplay wise over the two, but Jiren’s brick wall dialogue and personality is the better of the two because it makes me laugh. Kudos to Patrick Seitz for his performance.

Also Jiren has the ugliest color scheme for his 2nd option color pattern and I love it. Making him use that color combined with the dialogue is gonna be fun.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Today a creeper was messaging my girlfriend and wouldn't leave her alone. She sent me the whole conversation. So I decided to message him.

"Hey, Muffin!
I'm X's boyfriend. I've got nudes if you want 'em!"

He said yes, so I sent him a cropped, zoomed in, and rotated picture of her arm.

6 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Today a creeper was messaging my girlfriend and wouldn't leave her alone. She sent me the whole conversation. So I decided to message him.

"Hey, Muffin!

He said yes, so I sent him a cropped, zoomed in, and rotated picture of her arm.

Should've sent your tallywacker. He said he wanted nudes.

Wouldn't the abacus of virtue be a tally whacker?

54 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

"Hey, Muffin!

That’s an alternated version of the meme of the guy pretending to be a girl and sending a dude asking for nudes a picture of his armpit or something.

That was the original plan. Not mine. No, there are plenty of readily available penis pictures on the internet. But I didn't want to get my account reported.

He asked for more pictures, so I sent a zoomed in picture of a sideburn and said it was before she shaved. He called me a loser, but he asked for more pics. I said if he wanted more he'd have to knock off calling me a loser and start calling me Captain. He started telling her what I was doing while asking for more pics. He wouldn't stop calling me a loser. I said, "Now that's not the sort of talk that gets a thirsty boy a drink."

Then he blocked me.

50 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

That was the original plan. Not mine. No, there are plenty of readily available penis pictures on the internet. But I didn't want to get my account reported.

He asked for more pictures, so I sent a zoomed in picture of a sideburn and said it was before she shaved. He called me a loser, but he asked for more pics. I said if he wanted more he'd have to knock off calling me a loser and start calling me Captain. He started telling her what I was doing while asking for more pics. He wouldn't stop calling me a loser. I said, "Now that's not the sort of talk that gets a thirsty boy a drink."

Then he blocked me.

Careful.  On the subreddits dealing with "let's not meet" and other true scary stories, there are some guys who actually go around finding someone online or in real life, then with minor hacking skills or sleuth skills, and a very unhealthy obsession, decide that girl will become his (or become his bride...there are apparently cults that are based around that sort of thing).

So if this keeps happening, just be wary if she's followed or you're followed, assume he might have more info, and if nothing after a certain time, it's definitely going to go away.  Not trying to scare you (like I could anyway...), but just to be cautious as a just in case.  I'm sure it'll just go away eventually as he gets tired of harassing her, or has his account been suspended, as I assume he's been reported?

5 hours ago, ignasia said:

Careful.  On the subreddits dealing with "let's not meet" and other true scary stories, there are some guys who actually go around finding someone online or in real life, then with minor hacking skills or sleuth skills, and a very unhealthy obsession, decide that girl will become his (or become his bride...there are apparently cults that are based around that sort of thing).

Hm...

And this is bad because...?

57 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Hm...

And this is bad because...?

I'm talking about serious stalking, to the point where they already know your address and phone number, and play games until they eventually get what they want.  Perhaps attempted kidnapping.  That seemed like a pretty obvious direction I did not want to outright state as I didn't think it necessary unless there were obvious signs, it's just that some guys online in even the various INCEL forums openly talk about kidnapping a "wife," and stalking one until they have a golden opportunity.

I'm just saying be a bit aware of potential outcomes if he continues to harass your girlfriend.

9 out of 10 chance it's just an idiot.  Maybe I'm too paranoid in that sense if that sort of thing happened in my life.

Edited by ignasia

She's shut down more than her fair share of creepers. I'm not worried. Besides, if someone kidnapped her, she'd be returned pretty quick.

Today was a good Groundhog Day. I usually only remember Groundhog Day since it falls on my half birthday...or maybe I remember my half birthday because of Groundhog Day...? Well whatever, good thing was Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow so spring is coming early. It certainly felt like that was true today because the temperature got to the upper 30s today, and with the extreme cold we had most of the week it felt like a heatwave. It was really, really nice, no doubt about it.

Anyway, I guess I can say I’ve bought a manga now as I found a copy of Dragon Quest Monsters+ Vol. 1 at Barnes and Noble this afternoon. I had gone there to find a copy of Watchmen for myself so I could give my friend his back, and when I turned around from the graphic novels there was the DQ book on the shelf! I’m looking forward to reading it once I finish Watchmen.

But since I did finally buy a manga, even though it was a Dragon Quest one......

In my absences I've been messing with the Wizardry games. A few moments ago I spent 20 minutes creating and equipping a party in the first entry. 

They were slaughtered a minute into the game in an unfortunate first encounter. :[

EDIT:

Also the Ultima franchise. But depression keeps me from progressing super far in the games. Just lose interest/focus. Bleh. Not the games' fault, they are quite good. I had good fun with the very first game.

2nd EDIT:

In Japan, Kentaro Haneda did the music for the Wizardry series. The music is on par with Dragon Quest's IMO. He passed away in 2007, RIP.

Edited by Fates

I got recommended a school that can help me with the video game industry. Sadly tuition is steep but they seem to produce good quality stuff.

So if this keeps happening, just be wary if she's followed or you're followed, assume he might have more info, and if nothing after a certain time, it's definitely going to go away.  Not trying to scare you (like I could anyway...), but just to be cautious as a just in case.  I'm sure it'll just go away eventually as he gets tired of harassing her, or has his account been suspended, as I assume he's been reported?
Basically, Netflix's You. Although I don't think it's their show, my goodness does it pop up all the time now that they have it.

Been feeling sick most of the week. I think my depression may be getting worse.

Today ended up being a pretty good day. Woke up at 6 to send a virtual valentine out to this girl I met on Discord. Got her the Smash Fighters Pass for Valentine's day. The afternoon I cleaned the bathtub, did my laundry, baked some cookies, then the girl and I played Mario Kart for almost 2 hours. After our Switches charge (and probably after dinner) we're gonna play some Smash together.

• Like 1

My GBA is almost dead and my DS is almost definitely dead and my DS Lite doesn’t have functioning directional buttons. R.I.P. being able to play my GBA games reliably.

My aunt passed away this past week after a year-long battle with cancer, and more realistically 20 years of just poor poor health. Finally at peace as I've never seen her very healthy since I've been an adult. Most of the family made it to a day-long celebration of life for her. 30 mins of sobs, 10 hours of good times. My kids got to see a ton of family they hadn't seen in 11 months, I got to meet my cousins wife for the first time (she seems like Kimmy from Full(er) House haha), fun games and memories were all around. But... For me it peaked around lunchtime.

Sitting on the patio having an awesome conversation with the Episcopalian priest, he starts chiding me for drinking a Corona Premium, first because WTF a light beer, and WTF!!! no lime. I mean, I just pulled whatever out of the cooler, but he flags down my 17 year old cousin and sets her to finding and slicing limes for us. Geeze, I wish his church wasn't 2 hours away.

247dad0b4491732bafd8a10e5830b330.jpg

Downloaded Brawlhalla last night for game date night. Was fun. She beat me but I will openly admit she's better than me at fighting games.

I've been thinking about changing my avatar, but also not sure since I've been using it for almost 4 years now.

My night meds are being increased. Tomorrow I meet the job coach and hopefully get placed somewhere for work soon. Next week I start group therapy

10 hours ago, Bururian said:

I've been thinking about changing my avatar, but also not sure since I've been using it for almost 4 years now.

Here. Now you can sneak around without being noticed. Ya know, cause of the camo.

E2BF34A6-FA6A-42FD-90E2-0FFA9FAF90FC.jpeg.bcd45121ab949b3e5c9fbc71869c6452.jpeg

I also found this one. It’s like yours now but animated.

tumblr_p3g7ld28Ig1qlh9h7o4_250.gif

• Like 1

HOLY CRAP, the art book for Etrian 5 is FINALLY getting a stand alone release! It seems it will become a dual visual artwork book that combines the art of Etrian 5 and Etrian Nexus, similar to what they did with the Untold games.

I know, big shock I’m excited for something Etrian related, but originally the only way to get the Etrian 5 artbook was the special edition of the game Japan got. That’s pretty sweet it’s finally getting a stand alone release along with the new artwork from Nexus. Definitely need to pre-order this.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/世界樹の迷宮-アートミュージアム-characters-SQV-SQX/dp/4047333875/ref=pd_aw_sim_15_of_8?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=4047333875&pd_rd_r=8fea5adb-3668-11e9-9760-453686056020&pd_rd_w=YL44A&pd_rd_wg=pA3g2&pf_rd_p=616d93c3-5b4e-4c94-9acd-302cf03ce1a6&pf_rd_r=B3QKBZC29MJQ1SFZFF96&psc=1&refRID=C668SDHGYDDHATG8RAZH