Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I’ve been putting away my Christmas decorations and disassembling my tree while watching Maxmoefoe unboxings and Hbomberguy’s Flat Earth debunking video. All in all a pretty productive New Year’s Eve.

Just dealing with my psychotic family.

Nobody has spoken here all year.

So, not much new. Panic attacks are more frequent and I don't sleep well at night anymore. I think I'll become nocturnal this year. Democrowl. Hoot

I come from an Orthodox family so the decorations don't come down until the 7th for us. I always hate these days seeing all the pretty decorations on the neighborhood go away :(

I've never cared for decorations even during Christmas. It's just a bunch of annual work twice a year (putting them up then taking them down) for something that I don't look at and don't care about. But somehow I always get stuck with the work.

On 1/2/2019 at 5:43 PM, Fates said:

I come from an Orthodox family so the decorations don't come down until the 7th for us. I always hate these days seeing all the pretty decorations on the neighborhood go away :(

Some places here keep their lights up year round

Life is still kinda just the same. I started DQXI. Still just waiting and waiting on things. I don't much lead a particularly interesting life these days.

The first few days of the new year have been alright. Watched the Iowa Hawkeyes play at the Outback Bowl on the 1st, and it was a pretty good game. Hawkeyes nearly lost, but thankfully they made a comeback in the 4th quarter and we won.

I’ve decided my New Years resolution will be. Since I’ve become so interested in cooking last year, my goal is to try a new recipe every week. Whether the recipes are simple or complex, I just want to give it a try. I have one in mind I want to try this week thanks to a crockpot soup book I got shortly after Christmas.

Other than that, I’ve gotten pre-orders in for Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Trails of Cold Steel (PS4). I’m sure EO Nexus will be eating up all my free time next month!

On 1/2/2019 at 7:43 PM, Fates said:

I'm not from an Orthodox family, but I keep mine up until Epiphany anyways because I like Christmas decorations. Tonight I'll start taking the lights down and disassembling the tree.

Despite watching them for like 5 years and making their podcast a part of my life and weekly routine, I never subscribed to Two Best Friends Play because I don’t have a YouTube account, I didn’t see them at conventions, I basically never supported monetarily or in a show of support aside from mentioning them here and from my views on their videos and listening to their podcast. So I took advantage of a clearing of stock on their merch store and bought some posters. So at least I supported them in some way.

Won a drawing at work for a $50 Amazon gift card. It was from the holiday season, but didn’t arrive until today. No idea what I’ll use it for, but it was a nice surprise.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Won a drawing at work for a $50 Amazon gift card. It was from the holiday season, but didn’t arrive until today. No idea what I’ll use it for, but it was a nice surprise.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/スクウェア・エニックス-ドラゴンクエストX-オールインワンパッケージ-ver-1-4-Windows/dp/B07CRW9DSM

8 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

While I’d like to own a version of DQ10, not having an easy means to play it puts me off from trying to play through it. And I especially won’t play it on computer.

If anything, this is what I’ll order (or pre-order I should say) with the card since I’ve been getting into the series:

917YsykNVbL.jpg

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

My forms will be ready to pick up on Friday. Soon I can hopefully return to work and get on with life again. That's also the same day that I should be able to get a prescription written for a higher dose of my medication. Maybe things will finally start going right.

In other news, been enjoying DQXI a lot. Only one side quest left in Act 2. Hopefully I can complete it before beating the boss and moving on. I haven't missed a single side quest yet. I will get all the trophies eventually

On 1/11/2019 at 10:12 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

While I’d like to own a version of DQ10, not having an easy means to play it puts me off from trying to play through it. And I especially won’t play it on computer.

If anything, this is what I’ll order (or pre-order I should say) with the card since I’ve been getting into the series:

917YsykNVbL.jpg

PC is easiest to set up... I can understand not wanting to deal with the language barrier or IP block, but what's wrong with playing the game on PC? It supports any DirectInput or XInput controller (so XBox 360/One or PS4 controllers will work, sadly I have issues using the Switch Pro Controller with it).

6 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

PC is easiest to set up... I can understand not wanting to deal with the language barrier or IP block, but what's wrong with playing the game on PC?

I don’t like play games on the computer. I barely use computers anymore unless I have to. Most things I do internet wise I just use my phone.

• Like 1

This week has been weird. The bad weather around here has cancelled schools for the entire week except for Monday and my shifts at work have been cut short or canceled outright. It’s almost like winter break from high school/college all over again! At least it’s given me some extra game time, and to start reading Watchmen.

I also found this animated short this week. Funny I found it not long after the latest Steven Universe episode aired (which was really good). Steven being Rolf in this parody was hilarious.

First week of the semester complete! Gonna be Math'd out of my mind between Calc 2 and Computational Models, but I'm more worried about having to transition from Java to C++ for my Data Structures class. Incoming busy weekend X_X

• Like 1

Got these bricks and some small stones for a base last summer and threw them at the back of my property. 30 mins of building and we had a fire pit today! Then my wife tossed my son over the fence and he foraged something good. We'll be fire pit people a lot for the next month. 44cdb56dd8ea0622e043b631a8d9cc60.jpg

Started a new medication last night. First night was pretty rough with it.

Starting next week I have 3 classes to attend regarding disabled people in the workplace. I am a bit annoyed that they called cashier a career for disabled people. Most of us aren't that stupid. We know it's fairly dead end.

I started reading Watchmen. A work buddy had a copy of the complete series and he’s letting me borrow it for awhile. So far I’m only through chapter 2, but I’ve liked it. Rorschach seems like an interesting character, and while I haven’t read the full thing yet I like how they put in a part of Hollis Mason’s autobiography at the end of chapter 1.

Also went into YouTube and found this lovely trailer for Dragon Ball FighterZ. A new season of characters starting with Jiren and Videl! I’ve not watched Super so I know little on Jiren, but seeing Videl playable is pretty cool and I especially like who she fights with.

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I started reading Watchmen. A work buddy had a copy of the complete series and he’s letting me borrow it for awhile. So far I’m only through chapter 2, but I’ve liked it. Rorschach seems like an interesting character, and while I haven’t read the full thing yet I like how they put in a part of Hollis Mason’s autobiography at the end of chapter 1.

Out of curiosity, are you going in totally blind to future events or have you been spoiled on them or seen the movie?

14 minutes ago, eal said:

Out of curiosity, are you going in totally blind to future events or have you been spoiled on them or seen the movie?

Totally blind apart from:

-One character death (don’t know the details or when it happens, just that a certain character dies at a later point).

-The names of a few characters masked identities (Nite Owl, Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, the Comedian, etc.)

I’ve wanted to read Watchmen for years now, but never got around to it. Since my work buddy helped me out by letting me borrow his copy, I took advantage of the offer.

16 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Totally blind apart from:

-One character death (don’t know the details or when it happens, just that a certain character dies at a later point).

-The names of a few characters masked identities (Nite Owl, Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, the Comedian, etc.)

I’ve wanted to read Watchmen for years now, but never got around to it. Since my work buddy helped me out by letting me borrow his copy, I took advantage of the offer.

Okay, that’s good then.

When you’re done, if you’re still interested in “the world” as a whole (seeing as Alan Moore was not involved in the production of any of them after the original story), there are some prequel spin-off origin stories and DC is actually right now publishing a direct sequel that is supposedly trying to tie the Watchman Universe to the DC Universe.

Watchmen is one of those books that everyone loves but me. I got it.  I just don't agree with a lot of Moore's statements on aspects of life. There's actually a part towards the end I laughed out loud at. I'll wait until you get there and I'll tell you. The prequel comics are...eh, but one of them has very pretty Amanda Conner artwork, so it should be bought by that merit alone.