Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Viz made basically every manga on their website freely available for those with subscriptions. Noticed Pretty Face, the first ecchi manga I ever read thinking it was just gonna be goofy shenanigans, so I know what I’ll read first (when I leave work!).

Spent my day adulting. I went to the psych ward to retrieve some forms I had handed in but due to an error by the secretary said forms did not make it to the proper figure and therefore were not finished. As such this also meant one less stop since I did not have to return the forms. After the psych ward I proceeded to the genetics testing lab. I walked up eight flights of stairs to be notified that I needed to take the eastern elevators to access the lab. As luck would have it the elevators in question were not operational. Following that adventure I then proceeded to my old university to inquire at the services for students with disabilities office on the procedure to register with them. That was fairly simply to do and took nearly no time at all once I found the location so I proceeded to the comic book store across the street (which is shutting down at the end of the year). I wandered inside to see if there might be anything in which my nephew would like but most things there would probably be a little too advanced for him. A few blocks away is one of my dentists (yes, I have more than one) so at the request of my surgeon I booked an appointment there to see about what will be covered when it comes time to have my fake teeth put in.

There’s going to be a new Hellboy movie...but without Ron Perlman as Hellboy.

I will admit the trailer has me interested though. Not much of a comic guy, but I do like Hellboy. I mean, his inclusion in Injustice 2 almost got me to buy the game.

So the Hellboy trailer is...interesting. I admit, I prefer Ron Pearlman's look, but they're using a lot of material from the comics. I'm seeing elements from The Wild Hunt story, Baba Yaga, the witches, the faeries, and Gruagach. That's all good stuff. A key part of Hellboy is him going up against a huge monster, saying, "Aw, crap!" and getting knocked around. Given Sasha Lane's character, we're going to get a movie version of one of my favorite Hellboy stories. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 2

Dear lord my calves are sore.

@Democrobot Peni Parker.

A couple weeks ago, after Jenny Lewis announced her new tour next year, I was inspired to read through the Wikipedia entry on Acid Tongue, her second solo album, for whatever reason, and I discovered that there were two songs not on the physical release, one of which was exclusive to the Japanese version of all places. I found one of them on iTunes.

I decided to look into that today and though the one song on Acid Tongue wasn’t on the Japanese iTunes Store, there were almost, like, half a dozen songs I’ve never seen on the US store as additional songs on various singles of hers and Rilo Kiley’s. I allowed myself to hope for a second that maybe Xmas Cake would be on there as well but no dice. I’m curious to know if these songs can find on other stores, and if so, why they also aren’t available in the US. 

Finished fixing a smartphone my sister had broken the screen on. Only problem's I had was getting the battery out and getting the usb port to line back up.

I'm surprised at the amount of sites giving away free games so far this month. Which I do have a key for a game that I don't want. Game is called Damnation let me know and I'll send the key your way.

• Like 1

Length of time it would take to download Spider-Man update at home: 16 hours

Length of time it took to download Spider-Man update at my parent’s home: 45 minutes

• Like 1

Got back from holidays and found out my friend passed away from a heart tumour. I'm done with 2018 so much right now

8 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

20181227213631_1.thumb.jpg.4c78c9415ee2d1f7c38d7e5bdda6c9e9.jpg

Oh, the things you'll see Sonic the Hedgehog doing!

3 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Oh, the things you'll see Sonic the Hedgehog doing!

Lol

I'm pretty sure Sonic isn't in Dragon Quest X.

Just got my final grades from last semester:

A- in Calculus I

B+ in Discrete Structures and Japanese 201

B- in Intro to Comp Sci II

*does a little dance*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Just got my final grades from last semester:

A- in Calculus I

B+ in Discrete Structures and Japanese 201

B- in Intro to Comp Sci II

*does a little dance*

You need some music for that dance:

• Upvote 1

I arise from the grave once more... been a rough two months.

• Like 1

I’ve never cooked before because I’m bad at it and don’t have the patience for it in general but I got a crock pot for Christmas so I found an easy recipe and I forgot some ingredients and got oregano instead of parsley when I went out and I eyeball measured some stuff and accidently used a table spoon for one thing when it needed to be a teaspoon and also it involves raw chicken, which I’ve never handled before, so if I go a day without posting you can guess what happened haha.

Generally, if I’m reckless it all works out fine for some raisin, it’s when I’m being cautious that I #$*! up.

1 hour ago, eal said:

raisin

Maybe you should stick to eating this 😜:

265f4f46-0d8a-4737-9bdd-79c642963091_1.e

(Now with MORE clusters!)

I love to cook. It’s very relaxing and it’s fun to try out new recipes. For Christmas I ended up getting two new recipe books and two woks (a dual set, one big and one little) and I was really happy to get those. Once you get started trying to cook more and more, it’s awesome. You find a lot of stuff you want to try.

Serious suggestion, if you want to get into cooking like I did, see if you can find this game. It was a good introduction and got me interested in trying new things:

personal-trainer-cooking.jpg

59 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maybe you should stick to eating this 😜:

265f4f46-0d8a-4737-9bdd-79c642963091_1.e

(Now with MORE clusters!)

I love to cook. It’s very relaxing and it’s fun to try out new recipes. For Christmas I ended up getting two new recipe books and two woks (a dual set, one big and one little) and I was really happy to get those. Once you get started trying to cook more and more, it’s awesome. You find a lot of stuff you want to try.

Serious suggestion, if you want to get into cooking like I did, see if you can find this game. It was a good introduction and got me interested in trying new things:

personal-trainer-cooking.jpg

I actually have zero counter space (I had to put the dish rack on the ground to make room for the crockpot) and storage space in my kitchen so my options are incredibly limited. A lot of the recipes I looked up required a skillet so those were all useless. That’s actually one of the things I miss about the place I was renting back in 2015, it had a massive kitchen area with tons of cabinets.

Howdy all,

Been out the spriting and game development for almost two years. I got a sweet gig as an engineer and been adjusting to my change of location. Getting a raise this summer.

Also working to get my master’s and PE in 2019-2020. Even master spainish and possibly learn enough japanese for the Olympics.

DQ wise:

Finishing up DQV.

Polish up my fan game/tutorial.

Pick up DQ 11 or wait for 12 if it’s going to be a thing. (Maybe buy 6-7 for the DS)

Big goals!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slimeborgi said:

Howdy all,

Been out the spriting and game development for almost two years. I got a sweet gig as an engineer and been adjusting to my change of location. Getting a raise this summer.

Also working to get my master’s and PE in 2019-2020. Even master spainish and possibly learn enough japanese for the Olympics.

DQ wise:

Finishing up DQV.

Polish up my fan game/tutorial.

Pick up DQ 11 or wait for 12 if it’s going to be a thing. (Maybe buy 6-7 for the DS)

Big goals!

@slimeborgi

DQV is one of my favorite games of all time!

Good luck with the RPG Maker stuff! I never got really good with it. It felt too restricting so I just stopped using it and exclusively use Game Maker now.

DQ11 is fun. Get it on PC and you can mod in a symphonic soundtrack!

DQ12 is going to be a thing, but Yuji Horii was asked about it and stated that it was "quite a few years off" or something like that.

Get VI on mobile. It's the de facto superior version on all fronts. The controls are actually really good too, it's a shame they don't backport its new control options to at least DQIV and DQV running on the same engine.

VII isn't on DS, it's 3DS. It's -OK- on all fronts, in my opinion. The story is just as epic, of course, but the changes made to some of the gameplay make the overall experience fell watered-down from the original. The translation would actually be really good in my opinion, if they had avoided characters repeating themselves just to define foreign words. (Either use the foreign words naturally in the dialogue, as they are mostly very commonly known words like "oui" or "arigatou" or "amigos"; or just use English! (or whatever language the system is set to, it's multi-5, right?)) Oh, and a certain "Lord" is now a "King" and it sounds really cheesy. Bad choice.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
  • Like 1

Got a New Year’s Eve party tonight. I’ll be making my buffalo chicken dip (best served with celery, trust me it’s a great combination) to serve along with all the other goodies. Planning on doing a walking taco bar as well, and will likely be playing cards, some other games, and (hopefully) What Do You Meme. When we played it back at Halloween it was pretty funny.

Hope everyone here has a great New Year’s Eve!

• Like 1

Honestly, if nobody had told me that today was NYE, I probably wouldn't have remembered. I don't much make plans for the day. Might even go to bed early.

It's really a dumb humbug holiday. New Year's was just a reminder that you had to go back to school in two days disguised as a holiday. It's just January. This is why you celebrate.

In other news, you know the Big Chungus meme all the kids are talking about these days? For some reason I've been inserting it into songs. For example...

"And you'll be left in the dust.
Unless I stuck by ya.
You're the Big Chungus.
You're the Big Chungus."

"When there's trouble you know who to call
Big Chungus!
From their tower they can see it all
Big Chungus!
When there's evil on the attack
You can rest knowing they've got your back
'Cause when the world needs heroes on patrol
Big Chungus. GO!"

Send help.

In-laws moved closer. Yay, we can go over there and party.

There's been 3 topics of conversation in 4 hours:
1. Wait times at Disney are long
2. Big wedding 1 person here went to & none of us know about
3. Disney was crowded today and closed the doors at 11am

The music is all 60s and my mother-in-law got distracted and boiled the pasta into almost mush and burnt the sauce.

2019 can't come early enough.

I'd drink, but guess who's driving home?

I did the dishes for fun.