Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

AMC has a wonderful line up of Christmas movies and the like throughout the month of December. And since I’m a sucker for Christmas movies, I highly approve of their line up. They’ve started out right with a marathon of Rankin/Bass specials throughout the weekend, which I have a lot of nostalgia for. Yeah the stop motion isn’t the best, but I can’t help but love them.

AND ALL THOSE CATCHY SONGS. Like many Muppet related shows, the Rankin/Bass specials are one of the few things where I can tap my toes, hum along, and enjoy the heck out of the music. If the soundtracks were available for all these specials I’d probably listen to them all month! 😜

While watching it, I’ve been replaying Suikoden 2 since I was screwed out of the best ending. However, now that I know what can break the game rune combo wise and that lovely Matilda glitch, it’s time for revenge. Luca Blight can express my feelings on this:

DA3C2748-FF9A-4A49-8982-43B992916710.jpeg.529ce635e00569612d10ec5b77f14bde.jpeg

• Like 1

When a video editor goes to Hell they're more than likely given a task by Satan to master a library of VHS tapes to DVD.

Because dealing with interlacing has been the single most frustrating, time consuming, and soul numbing issues I've ever dealt with when it comes to video.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got the itch to get back into .Hack after watching the Infection race on RPGLimitBreak's channel.

Watching .Hack//Roots right now, and Last Recode is coming tomorrow via Amazon. It was literally 50% cheaper to buy the game with overnight shipping than it was to buy it off of PSN.

Getting to go see a movie on Tuesday. Kinda glad the movie theatre doesn't charge outrages prices for a ticket.

• Like 1

Guys, I think I found a new contender for “Worst Christmas Special,” while watching AMC last night. They are going to have an animated special on (which they are proudly saying it’s the ‘World Television Premiere,’ like it’s a big deal) called “Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You,” and it looks AWFUL.

I’m sure it will be a household name like Rudolph and Frosty by next year for sure. 😂🤣

What is new with yours truly.

Well, I am slowly getting ready for the Holiday Season.  I am might be going to Rome, Italy to see an old friend from high school.  In the new year, I am going to St. Petersburg, Russia to see my cousin.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Guys, I think I found a new contender for “Worst Christmas Special,” while watching AMC last night. They are going to have an animated special on (which they are proudly saying it’s the ‘World Television Premiere,’ like it’s a big deal) called “Mariah Carey’s All I Want for Christmas is You,” and it looks AWFUL.

I’m sure it will be a household name like Rudolph and Frosty by next year for sure. 😂🤣

There’s the Elf animated movie with Jim Parsons, Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever, Prep and Landing, The Flight Before Christmas, and that absolutely hideous Island of Misfit Toys Rudolph special.

7 minutes ago, eal said:

There’s the Elf animated movie with Jim Parsons, Grumpy Cat’s Worst Christmas Ever, Prep and Landing, The Flight Before Christmas, and that absolutely hideous Island of Misfit Toys Rudolph special.

Of all those, Prep & Landing (and the sequel) are actually good.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
2 hours ago, eal said:

Of all those, Prep & Landing (and the sequel) are actually good.

To be fair, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever is not actually trying to be a good Christmas movie. As conceptually lame as the premise is, if you're in the mood for camp and snark it can be entertaining enough.

37 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

To be fair, Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever is not actually trying to be a good Christmas movie. As conceptually lame as the premise is, if you're in the mood for camp and snark it can be entertaining enough.

That’s what I figured. I mean, if someone was trying to make a movie around Grumpy Cat, I doubt it was a serious movie and more of a fun joke kind of film.

I'd say the holidays have already overstayed their welcome, but I never welcomed them in the first place. This is the worst time of year when you're broke.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I went to an IKEA for the first time. I read a horror book set in an IKEA knockoff. I now understand the sheer terror of that conceit. IKEA is a descent into madness. Prices were pretty good tho.
Have a love/hate relationship with the place. Laying in bed I can see 5 things I bought from there. There's at least 5 others in the house too. Love the stuff, but I can't go there too often. Crazy!

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
On 11/30/2018 at 7:15 PM, eal said:
I went to an IKEA for the first time. I read a horror book set in an IKEA knockoff. I now understand the sheer terror of that conceit. IKEA is a descent into madness. Prices were pretty good tho.

Have a love/hate relationship with the place. Laying in bed I can see 5 things I bought from there. There's at least 5 others in the house too. Love the stuff, but I can't go there too often. Crazy!

The prices are great, which is surprising because it all looks high-end and it’s basically a mall with one store and the closest location is an hour from me. Walmart is cheap because there are a trillion stores around every corner and their store brands are crap so you think the opposite would be the case for IKEA.

The bookcase I bought was $60 but more than three times the quality and half as difficult to put together of a Walmart one I bought for $30. I bought a nice lamp for $20. If I didn’t have a singleminded goal of buying a bookcase and if I hadn’t spent all day at work prior to going there and if I wasn’t in uncharted waters and I probably would’ve gotten some more stuff.

• Like 1

Not too much new with me these days. Dad has some time off for the holidays so we may leave a couple days earlier than normal but other than that it will just be business as usual. Got some appointments coming up.

Sent from my Ikea desk

It's true IKEA is a decent into madness. Did I ever tell this story here? If I did, here it is again.

Couple of years ago I went to IKEA for a nice little shelf for my display at conventions.

Just a shelf.

I visited the establishment at 4 PM on a Sunday. In the parking lot I saw what I'm fairly certain was a child bride situation and thought, "Welp...there goes my faith in humanity for today." As I went inside it was packed practically shoulder to shoulder. It looked like one of those busy Indian marketplace streets you see in the movies. Packed with people, everyone's running around, yelling. Couple chickens run past. Literally everyone there was Indian. Not that I have a problem with it. It was just highly unusual. The IKEA in Houston is located on I-10, which is one of the major highways. Since it's Houston you're gonna get a good mix of everybody. Not that July afternoon at that IKEA.

The showroom was on the second floor. Got on the escalator. It was a rickety escalator. And a small one. Only about one person wide. That didn't stop everyone from cramming in in a disorderly fashion and pushing past people...IN BOTH DIRECTIONS!! About halfway up things got pretty hairy and the escalator started shaking. The escalator isn't close to a wall. It's just plopped in the middle of the building. I thought, "Well, this is it. This is how I die."

But I made it. The showroom was a nightmare. Didn't see anything I like. Didn't really see anything. I just wanted a shelf... That's all I wanted. Just a nice little display shelf... (Eventually got one from Clear Displays.) The next day I told my friend, "You told me IKEA was NICE!! You lied to me!!!"

Last year I needed a new bookshelf. Looked at IKEA's web site and they had exactly what I needed at a good price. Then I saw the shipping coast and said, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck THAT!" I realized that if I wanted this shelf I would have to go to IKEA to pick it up. On a Saturday. It's about 40 minutes away from me, so I left early, got there when it opened, and was outta there in less than half an hour. Would've been 15, but I had the wrong kind of cart. I drove away laughing manically and giving IKEA the finger as it grew smaller in my rear view mirror.

The bookshelf looks very nice. They call it "Billy," which really bugs me for some reason.

Read Horrostor. It’s very short, you could basically read it in one sitting, and it’s about a haunting in an IKEA knockoff store. The book resembles an IKEA catalogue. It might be about working for a store like that, but it’s relatable to anyone that’s worked retail before.

Thanks, I'll give it a spin.

I'm thankful my retail experience wasn't too bad customer wise. But then again, I was older, already had a day job, and knew what to expect. I generally enjoy interacting with people, so dealing with customers never seemed like a grind. The only ones I didn't like I can count on one hand and they were always gamers who didn't respect boundaries and had poor social skills. There are other stores in town where that kind of gamer is the norm. I dropped into one a few weeks ago and thought, "Wow, in here I...I'm a Chad!"

I'm a Chad!"

OK, this was a new one to me. I went Internetting to find the answer. c1bfdb4ce3fd45707666a91ee7814311.jpg3fd465dfcacec7d8948b51bfc7cd6916.jpge97d7005253c2bdb696998eeffbc1fb8.jpg

Just now, Plattym3 said:

OK, this was a new one to me. I went Internetting to find the answer. c1bfdb4ce3fd45707666a91ee7814311.jpg3fd465dfcacec7d8948b51bfc7cd6916.jpge97d7005253c2bdb696998eeffbc1fb8.jpg

Oh, boy, God bless you for having avoided the Chad and incel and MGTOW thing for so long.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I didn’t know about it either.

Oh, boy, God bless you for having avoided the Chad and incel and MGTOW thing for so long.
incel
MGTOW

Yep, don't know them either. If it ain't the Den or Facebook or an article linked on my Google feed, I don't see it. Reddit is a place I've only heard of.

32 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

incel
MGTOW

Yep, don't know them either. If it ain't the Den or Facebook or an article linked on my Google feed, I don't see it. Reddit is a place I've only heard of.

I don’t know if I’ve heard of those two either. I know about some dark corners of the internet and whatnot, but not whatever those two and Chad are.

Usually I don’t find out about these things unless I hear about it from someone/see it said somewhere and then choose to look it up.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I don’t know if I’ve heard of those two either. I know about some dark corners of the internet and whatnot, but not whatever those two and Chad are.

Usually I don’t find out about these things unless I hear about it from someone/see it said somewhere and then choose to look it up.

Incel = “involuntary celibate”: men who’ve made being frustrated virgins part of their identity and oftentimes resent women for not choosing them.

MGTOW = “Men Going Their Own Way”: men who’ve made the choice not to be in relationships at all forever to focus on themselves and self-improvement or whatever.

Edited by eal

giphy.gif

Anyway, this week is a week of early morning shifts. Yaaaaaay. The one good thing about these shifts is that I get to listen to my own music for a good 3 hours when we get there, and this morning one of the random soundtrack choices was Ys: Memories of Celceta, aka Ys 4’s Vita remake. If there’s one thing Falcom does right every time, it’s the music. Celceta’s soundtrack is great, and I totally forgot about that! Hell, despite how slow I play Trails games, the music in the ones I’ve played thus far are very good too.