Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

26 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Both Heroes II and Builders are half off on PSN right now, but I only want to get 1. Suggestions?

Builders.

Heroes II. Get Builders on Switch, it's got improvements.

3 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Both Heroes II and Builders are half off on PSN right now, but I only want to get 1. Suggestions?

Better answer, you should just get both. You’re a Dragon Quest fan, so show your love and buy ‘em both.

DQ up and get both. DQH2 first.
I just cannot believe how bad my WiFi connection is. I’m lucky to go a day without it disconnecting and it will take several days to get a connection again. I’m sucking through my data at this point and doing 75% of things through my phone. And even when I’m connected, it’s still so bad that I will never be able to play multiplayer games that require an online connection. It took 3 hours to download the Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight demo.
Did it come with your place? Are you paying for it?

34 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

DQ up and get both. DQH2 first. Did it come with your place? Are you paying for it?

My area is just the farthest from the tower so I have the worst possible internet connection. It’s like $40 a month for just WiFi.

Edited by eal

I mean yeah, get both games, @BorisTheWizard but I still maintain the Switch version of Builders is better than PS4. There's a very slight graphical downgrade (mostly identical to PS4, though it uses a few assets from the Vita version instead and only runs at 720p)  but the controls/camera have been improved, and the annoying and poorly thought out timed challenges were replaced with "collect X amount of unique items" in each chapter, which makes so much more sense in a building game.

I now have MAX% in Spyro 1 (120%) and Spyro 2 (100%) Reignited, with all trophies and skill points in each. A little worried about Spyro 3 as I've read about a few bugs that can cause the game to be incompletable. Since it shares save data with 1&2, if that happens, I'll have to delete my saves for all three games to start over.

I (now) have all 3 versions of Builders. Haven’t gotten to play the Switch version since I lack the system, but honestly I’d rather have it for all 3, especially since I enjoyed the PS4 version so much even though I haven’t finished it yet. For 50% off I was happy to buy the Vita version for what little Black Friday shopping I do. 😜

Gotta support Dragon Quest as much as possible, and with how good Builders is it’s a no brainer (for me anyway) to buy it again. I only wish there was cross saving between the two Playstation versions we got, but oh well. Now I can try some new building ideas on Vita.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

I (now) have all 3 versions of Builders. Haven’t gotten to play the Switch version since I lack the system, but honestly I’d rather have it for all 3, especially since I enjoyed the PS4 version so much even though I haven’t finished it yet. For 50% off I was happy to buy the Vita version for what little Black Friday shopping I do.

Gotta support Dragon Quest as much as possible, and with how good Builders is it’s a no brainer (for me anyway) to buy it again. I only wish there was cross saving between the two Playstation versions we got, but oh well. Now I can try some new building ideas on Vita.

Squeenix loves you!

You're the reason we're getting Dragon Quest Builders 2!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Squeenix loves you!

You're the reason we're getting Dragon Quest Builders 2!

If only my powers could have worked so we would have gotten all those 3DS games. 😭

• Like 1

If only my powers could have worked so we would have gotten all those 3DS games.
Did you buy 3 DQ9s and Joker 2s? Hmmm... it's likely your fault.

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
13 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
If only my powers could have worked so we would have gotten all those 3DS games. emoji24.png

Did you buy 3 DQ9s and Joker 2s? Hmmm... it's likely your fault.

Well you should know that first one was definitely not gonna happen. 😂

• Like 1

Picked up Heroes and Heroes 2 from the Steam sale. Been looking forward to these for a while.

• Like 1

I'm watching Demitri Martin: The Overthinker on Netflix. At one point he says the word "friggin" but the subtitles say "f**king". Never thought I'd encounter that. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 8:24 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Builders.

Heroes II

Fo Sho

4 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Heroes II

Fo Sho

NO SHUT UR FILTHY DRACKY MOUTH FAK U CPRMAULDIN DO YOU EVEN NO CPR?!?!?!??

(Don’t take that seriously at all. Heroes 2 is also a good choice.)

Lots new with me.

All moved into the new house. I had plenty of furniture, but my dining room table was too big, so I had to get rid of it.

I currently have sort of a bar setup with stools at my large counter. It works, since I am the only one living here. 

New girlfriend. A girl I've secretly been in love with for years, actually. She said she has always felt the same way about me. It's all very movie-ish, actually. It has had me in sort of a love-struck daze.

And lastly, I am in the process of moving into a new assignment at work, which is extremely exciting. 

The only downside to all of this has been extremely limited time with DQ XI. I can't believe I have had it since September and I'm only about 20 hours in....

1 minute ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

NO SHUT UR FILTHY DRACKY MOUTH FAK U CPRMAULDIN DO YOU EVEN NO CPR?!?!?!??

(Don’t take that seriously at all. Heroes 2 is also a good choice.)

I do know CPR, in fact! I've actually used it several times!

But, the three letters in my name are short for Cooper, which is my first name.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

That’s cool that the CPR in your user name comes from that. Neat little piece of trivia. 👍

Lots new with me.
All moved into the new house. I had plenty of furniture, but my dining room table was too big, so I had to get rid of it.
I currently have sort of a bar setup with stools at my large counter. It works, since I am the only one living here. 
New girlfriend. A girl I've secretly been in love with for years, actually. She said she has always felt the same way about me. It's all very movie-ish, actually. It has had me in sort of a love-struck daze.
And lastly, I am in the process of moving into a new assignment at work, which is extremely exciting. 
The only downside to all of this has been extremely limited time with DQ XI. I can't believe I have had it since September and I'm only about 20 hours in....

Sounds like happy times, friend!

(Puts on football hat)

Okay Vikings, you guys played pretty poorly against the Bears last week. The week, you HAVE to beat the Packers! Losing to them is just an insult.

(takes off hat)

In case it wasn’t obvious I’m going to watch the Vikings Packers game. I REALLY hope the Vikings have a turn around after how they played last week in Chicago.

Today, while the snow storm was blowing through outside, the Christmas tree has been put up. Still need a few decorations on it, but soon enough.

• Like 1

Speaking of football, I went to the Bucs game today in Tampa and for the first time all season saw a compelte game from the team that's a complete mess. Bucs won 27-9 and it was a fun time the whole time griping about the crappy season with people I've sat next to for years & cheering surprisingly good play!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Way to go Vikings! That was a pretty good game, especially the first half. Final score was Vikings 24, Packers 17.

Okay, moving away from football, we got the first big snowfall of the season today. Ended up with about 4 inches of snow where I live, but the total snow fall has really ranged depending on the area. South of me a few towns have gotten 6+ inches. Crazy we have this much snow already since last year we didn’t see snow until late December, and that was only 1-2 inches.

On 11/25/2018 at 4:27 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 11/25/2018 at 4:02 PM, cprmauldin said:
Lots new with me.

Sounds like happy times, friend!

Happy times, indeed!

It's weird, I feel like a lot of people, myself included, tend to move from one conflict to the next. It's refreshing for so much to be going right. It's times like these that make it all worth it. 

Like i said though...more game time would be nice.

Medication is being bumped up by 50%. Gotta get some blood work done for my psychiatrist and I'm also waiting on them to fill out a form for me. Been playing lots of Let's Go Eevee in the meantime. Once medication is adjusted and surgery is all done, I'll be discussing with the psychiatrist about returning to school for an investigations program. In the meantime, I just kinda take things slow and continue to adjust to life as it is now.

Hi everyone....

Just happened to drop by after a long while :) 

Just got DQ Heroes I and II taking advantage of Black Friday 

Haven't played DQ Builders yet

• Like 1

I went to an IKEA for the first time. I read a horror book set in an IKEA knockoff. I now understand the sheer terror of that conceit. IKEA is a descent into madness. Prices were pretty good tho.