Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Going to a Halloween party tonight. I have had no ideas for a costume this year, so I ended up buying a cheap hockey mask, pulled out some grey clothes, and made a fake butcher knife and plan to go as Jason from Friday the 13th.

While out and about, I picked up Luigi’s Mansion on 3DS. I love the original and have played it many times, and am happy to have a portable version of the game. The addition of the proper Hidden Mansion is one thing I’m really looking forward to experiencing.

For whatever reason, I had this uncontrollable itch to play Amazing Spider-Man. Not Spider-Man the PS4 game, Amazing Spider-Man on my Wii U. I had it on PC but it ran like garbo on my computer so I bought a used copy of the Wii U version at a store (it’s not available digitally anymore).

It’s the personification of a rushed movie tie-in. There’s stealth but it might as well not be there since you’re guaranteed to get everyone’s attention as soon as you perform a stealth takedown, and it’s basically impossible to sneak up from behind. My favorite is when you have to take out a rooftop full of snipers in the open world, but you can’t take them down one by one by using stealth and knocking them out by sneaking up from sides of buildings. You need to attack one, escape, go back and attack again, escape, attack again, escape, until they’re all knocked out.

Combat is literally ripped whole cloth from the Arkham games, the cutscenes are basically just standing and talking, all the bosses are robots or store brand versions of villains (store brand Rhino, Scorpion, and Vermin), Black Cat was thrown in despite not fitting into the game or the story at all, and all the parts that take place inside are claustrophobic and boring.

Yet for whatever reason I’ve been compelled to play it. In fact, 13 hours in, I’ve got it 75% complete. I’ll just need to revisit story missions for collectibles and do challenge missions or whatever they’re called.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 1

It appears to have been decided that I can't go to a normal school so it'll be interesting to see what my options are.

The Halloween party was a lot of fun. Many good costumes, including an entire group dressed as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, lots of good food, and a hilarious card game called “Know What I Meme,” which a group of us played for a good hour. Man, it was a riot. Didn’t expect it to get as raunchy as it did, but man, it was funny. 

Now at home, time to relax with some more Luigi’s Mansion 3DS. About halfway through Area 2, and have been liking the control scheme. It did take a bit to get used to, but now it feels natural. The C-stick on the New 3DS XL works nicely with the game. Only real complaint I have is that some of the aesthetic effects aren’t quite as strong on the 3DS versus the GameCube original, but I have a similar issue with the two Zelda N64 remakes on 3DS.

Other than that nitpick, really liking this version of the game. I still enjoy running around making Luigi yell out “Mar-iooooo,” for no reason. Especially when he accidentally shrinks from a poison mushroom. 😂

So it's that time of year again, I need a new job. I don't want to go back to my old job when the new season starts, I need to move on as corporate has been pushing some awful, awful changes that have ruined the lives of basically everyone on my team. The problem is I don't have a god damn idea what to do. Normally I just pump gas or something for the offseason, but that just won't cut it anymore. Even my main job, when it's in season, doesn't really pay the bills anymore (and I have relatively few bills to pay).

I can't bear the thought of going and working another dead-end job for some other big corporation that doesn't give the worse half of a rat's ass about my well-being. But I'm absolutely useless. I have no car, no useful skills, and no impressive experience anywhere. I can't afford to go back to school, and even if I could, I'm not really capable. I tried community college for a bit but couldn't keep up with even just a couple classes.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

My fantasy team is a dumpster fire this week. Melvin Gordon became a surprise inactive after being healthy all week, and then Sony Michel tore his meniscus 30 minutes into that game. Just as I was starting to turn things around, too. :(

Just gonna leave this here...

99BQFeA.jpg

17 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

I can't afford to go back to school, and even if I could, I'm not really capable. I tried community college for a bit but couldn't keep up with even just a couple classes.

Might need to look at training programs offered in the community.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Just gonna leave this here...

99BQFeA.jpg

Well that's one way to open up this thread.

Since today was community day for Pokemon Go, I spent about 4 hours walking around the mall. Worked up an appetite on top of an already productive day of laundry, making my bed, going grocery shopping, doing dishes, and soon will be having a barbecue followed by baking. If I don't sleep well tonight, I will be sad.

Really, Demo? No comment on Luigi saying “I’ve been wanting one of these?” THAT is the funny part of the photo.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Really, Demo? No comment on Luigi saying “I’ve been wanting one of these?” THAT is the funny part of the photo.

I have mixed feelings on that. One hand, it's funny. Other hand, that doll looks like the thing from my nightmares. On the third hand, it also reminds me of our good friend, Babyface latest?cb=20111206021132

So I found this treasure today.

My dad is home for a few days. I think we are getting a new dishwasher.

So, I was on Quora yesterday to answer a question about proving God with technology (short answer: no, technology by itself will not prove God), and I learned today that Quora merged that question with **becoming** a god via technology.

Someone on Quora's staff is a conceptual illiterate.

1 hour ago, JaybirdC said:

So, I was on Quora yesterday to answer a question about proving God with technology (short answer: no, technology by itself will not prove God), and I learned today that Quora merged that question with **becoming** a god via technology.

Someone on Quora's staff is a conceptual illiterate.

All of you shall become as gods!

Started making a yam in Gimp yesterday. My days alternate between being productive or being basically a sloth. No real in between. Today is feeling like a sloth day because of PTSD so yeah. Still need to do my laundry though

The time for polite and reasoned discourse has truly ended. Everyone just escapes into their little echo chambers and waits for other people to dig up examples of the angriest straw men they can find to prove they’re the ones on the right side. They all think they’re the underdog against a world that hates them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

DQTileEditDemo.png.082e09521c23e26305fd8e3ec89be819.png

Minesweeper looks different than I recall

Well Platty and I are now 1 vs. 1 on our RPG races. He won the TiTS (Trails in the Sky) race, and I’ve won the Suikoden race. Ironically we’ve had opposite results now in our 2 races: he blazed through Trails in the Sky while I barely played it, and vice versa for Suikoden.

No idea what we should do next, @Plattym3. I’m thinking either Wild Arms or Final Fantasy VIII.

Well Platty and I are now 1 vs. 1 on our RPG races. He won the TiTS (Trails in the Sky) race, and I’ve won the Suikoden race. Ironically we’ve had opposite results now in our 2 races: he blazed through Trails in the Sky while I barely played it, and vice versa for Suikoden.
No idea what we should do next, [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention]. I’m thinking either Wild Arms or Final Fantasy VIII.
We'll find something by next fall!

What #$*!ing planet am I on? A couple days ago I was talking with someone about the bizarre and hilarious career trajectory of Macaulay Culkin, and now I see him on an episode of Half in the Bag out of nowhere.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
No idea what we should do next, [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention]. I’m thinking either Wild Arms or Final Fantasy VIII.

We'll find something by next fall!

Perhaps it should be a fall tradition.

Ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp co today. Service was okay, menu was actually incomplete, atmosphere was enjoyable albeit a bit loud. Food was very American style, being large portions and greasy. Tasted good nonetheless. Solid 3/5

2 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Minesweeper looks different than I recall

aleftest.png.04e158deb1474188e6d01cb191d48de7.png

It only took 15 years, but I found it again.

iiwa18.gif