Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

So I took a small gig as a TA for my old video game professor, and since the class is for beginners, there hasn't been any real struggle, so I've returned to my old Kirby-based RPG.

In the almost whole year since I've looked at it I've forgotten what half of my notes even mean, that I'll have to reprogram everything from scratch, and that database design is a pain in the ass.

But it's still fun, in a masochistic sort of way.

• Like 1

Anyone going to subscribe to DC's new service? Apparently Teen Titans is "great" hahaha.

"In DC Universe’s Titans, Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) stabs a guy in the balls with a pair of garden shears. Unfortunately, the powers that be say I have to write more than that sentence about Titans, but I do truly think every aspect of this show—its tone, its aesthetic, its story, its themes—boil down to the image of Dick Grayson, the original Robin, Boy Wonder, charming vigilante do-gooder, plunging a gardening tool into another man’s crotch. Like that guy I mentioned above, Titans has one messed up Dick."

This is the writing I aspire to.

http://collider.com/titans-review/

• Like 1

Skipping the wedding this weekend to rest my mental health more.

Since I can't really do what I want to in life, I've started working on like, plan F or something. Honestly, it would be so much easier if I had a fill in the blanks template for this.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Anyone going to subscribe to DC's new service? Apparently Teen Titans is "great" hahaha.

"In DC Universe’s Titans, Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaites) stabs a guy in the balls with a pair of garden shears. Unfortunately, the powers that be say I have to write more than that sentence about Titans, but I do truly think every aspect of this show—its tone, its aesthetic, its story, its themes—boil down to the image of Dick Grayson, the original Robin, Boy Wonder, charming vigilante do-gooder, plunging a gardening tool into another man’s crotch. Like that guy I mentioned above, Titans has one messed up Dick."

Boy, when I was reading through that, I was like “What does any of that have to do with the Teen Titans cartoon from the early 2000s?”

Clicking the link made it clear you weren’t talking about that. Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Between the garbage-fire budget and the tryhard grim'n'gloomy, Titans has been something of a turnoff. There is historical basis for Dick having issues with Batman, but there's no indication that there's gonna be any of that lore and it really seems like it's only the chief symptom of what are going to be inherent problems. (I'm not a fan of surrounding Raven with Catholic imagery, either, and also because of lore reasons -- it gives every impression of advertising Trigon-as-demon, which cuts out all the lore that gives her any dignity).

Or, who knows, maybe DC just has #$*! marketing. Anybody with a lick of sense should've known better than to "leak" the terrible costumes.

Edited by JaybirdC

My favorite part was when they renewed it for a second season with only a negative reaction that included meme-ing a line of dialogue that was meant to set the tone of the whole show to go on.

I mark out for Swamp Thing so hopefully that’ll be good.

Edited by eal

My boss is an incomptetent ass. For two years he's been in another building and let me run things because he has no clue how to actually do our job. He's technologically ignorant, has the communication skills of senile orangutan, and wants to run his departments like a fascist police state.

Now, all of a sudden, he's gotten the notion that one of our guys isn't filling his day with work so he's deciding to move in to our office to oversee things.

So it looks like I'll be shopping around for a new job. I decided a long time ago that if it came down to it then I would never again work in the same office as that horribly abusive, dumbass of a man. He's verbally abusive to his employees, proud of his ignorance, and determined that employees should stay shackled to their chairs with their head locked in a vicegrip pointing at their comouter screens all day.

And example of his incompetence: the other day he came in and pointed to my coworkers desk and said "There'll be no more streamlining movies through their headphones while they're working".

He doesn't know the first thing about our job so he doesn't have a clue how mindless and tedious it is.

It sucks, I really liked this job and its location. The pay wasn't fantastic but I put up with it because we were secluded and I could get away with listening to YouTube all day while working. We ran a well oiled machine and he's about to send it crashing to the ground because hes going to drive us away just like he does all of his other employees. Honestly, I don't care anymore though. Corporate culture sucks donkey balls and I hope the people that prop up said culture all get herpes.

Done. Sorry. Had to vent.

49 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

My boss is an incomptetent ass. For two years he's been in another building and let me run things because he has no clue how to actually do our job. He's technologically ignorant, has the communication skills of senile orangutan, and wants to run his departments like a fascist police state.

Your boss is Donald Trump?!

I had a more serious response but it got messed up as I was working on it so here’s a relatable video instead:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eal said:

Your boss is Donald Trump?!

I had a more serious response but it got messed up as I was working on it so here’s a relatable video instead:

I hadn't thought about that, but yeah he seems kind of Trumpish when you think about it. Though Trump is probably a little smarter than this guy.

October recess is here! Planning on spending my day watching season 2 of Big Mouth...and then I'm not sure. I might get around to playing Divinity:OS, Tyranny, or Pillars of Light. They've been wasting away on my PC for quite a while now.

18 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

spending my day watching season 2 of Big Mouth

What is wrong with you? That tension attack I used on you must have knocked a screw loose. 😜

25 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What is wrong with you? That tension attack I used on you must have knocked a screw loose. 😜

Is there something wrong with Big Mouth? I mean, it's no Bojack as far as Netflix Originals go, but I've found it to be quite enjoyable.

44 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Is there something wrong with Big Mouth? I mean, it's no Bojack as far as Netflix Originals go, but I've found it to be quite enjoyable.

Oh I don’t care if you watch it. I’m just giving you crap. 😜

Personally I’m not a fan of the show, but I have to give them credit for the Freddie Mercury sound alike they got for that one song. He was a dead on impression.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh I don’t care if you watch it. I’m just giving you crap. 😜

Personally I’m not a fan of the show, but I have to give them credit for the Freddie Mercury sound alike they got for that one song. He was a dead on impression.

Fair enough, lol.

Been playing the new Mario Party lately. Good stuff.

Yesterday we got progress done on unspecified project. Getting the proper funding will take a while though and there is stress outside of it too so yeah.

• Upvote 1

Been a bit of a slow period but today was a great day. I met a corporate manager from Mr. Mike's Casual Steakhouse, who gave me a $25 gift card. I also bought DQXI for $9.18

• Like 4

Been a bit of a slow period but today was a great day. I met a corporate manager from Mr. Mike's Casual Steakhouse, who gave me a $25 gift card. I also bought DQXI for $9.18
Hot damn!

So, I've been a very diligent new employee at RPGamer. Took my Stardew Valley review I submitted as part of my application and got it published.

https://rpgamer.com/review/stardew-valley-review/

Then I got up a review of an upcoming game I got an early code to review. My review is the only one on Metacritic for the game, so that's kinda fun.

https://rpgamer.com/review/the-greater-good-review/

And a HUGE Vita love post is coming with reviews of the staff's top 30 Vita games. I was surprised to see I'd played 8 or 9 in just a year, and I think I wrote 4 or 5 of the reviews for that piece.

Been a fun side hobby!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

And a HUGE Vita love post is coming with reviews of the staff's top 30 Vita games. I was surprised to see I'd played 8 or 9 in just a year, and I think I wrote 4 or 5 of the reviews for that piece.

*Nods approvingly*

• Upvote 1

Every day this week has felt like it’s run into each other thanks to work, with not much motivation to play anything when I can.

I may start looking like my profile picture soon if I keep having trouble sleeping!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I may start looking like my profile picture soon if I keep having trouble sleeping!

I'm already there.

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

I'm already there.

So you already look like a big eyed green haired girl?

• Upvote 1

I listened to the first episode of the Wolverine: The Long Night, a scripted drama presented as in podcast format. It was a great start. It’ll make for something new to listen to on my way to and from work for a couple days.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

So you already look like a big eyed green haired girl?

"It's not just a phase, mom!"

• Upvote 1

Today ended up being a more interesting day for me. I went out for a walk with my friend, then went to her place to meet her foster kitten, Tucker. He is super cute. Then I grabbed a sub from Subway and she got a veggie burger from KFC. We had dinner at my place then ate a few of the cookies I baked last night. Now I'm spending my evening looking at clown colleges.

• Like 2

This day off went by too fast, but I watched The Shining (the original movie, not that awful mini-series they made in the 90s) and played some of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (sorry Platty, no progress in Suikoden today).

What happens at the end of the Roamers island always gets me. It just...man, it just gets me choked up. 😢

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit