Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

2 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

I have a formation in which Azura is the defending member up front, and the formation is named Daredevil, for reasons those sufficiently versed in the game will know. 

Haven't used Greatswords yet, except maybe with Barbarosa long ago... I'm close to getting him back.

Also, have you noticed if you press Y when selecting a target for your attack, you get a breakdown of how your formation and enemy defenses will affect the damage?  Helps out rather than hacking without prior information at all!

What’s funny is that you wanted to help, but before I could respond you already posted helpful info with this post.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If that's a joke, it's a horrible one. One might say the joke just falls flat. Like MopTopMo's hair. 727b0628eec638bc8e7a4a2fe2894346.jpg&key=00f6e66a410e3afc5d533183cda6d427c857f551861b7f0d10d5db05a896a0fe

31 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What’s funny is that you wanted to help, but before I could respond you already posted helpful info with this post.

Yeah, sorry, when Bururian messaged about the game, I blurted it out.  Yeah, that was the thing I meant to mention.  It helps when deciding what to attack whom with, instead of blindly hoping for the best.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

If that's a joke, it's a horrible one. One might say the joke just falls flat. Like Hobo Moses's hair. 727b0628eec638bc8e7a4a2fe2894346.jpg&key=00f6e66a410e3afc5d533183cda6d427c857f551861b7f0d10d5db05a896a0fe

That’s not how you spell MopTopMo. Get it right or so help me I’ll speak in all caps to you...!

Edit: At least the game feels your same pain about his hairstyle.

• Like 1

That’s not how you spell MopTopMo. Get it right or so help me I’ll speak in all caps to you...!
Fixed.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Fixed.

THAT’S BETTE-

I mean, that’s better.

1 hour ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Yeah, sorry, when Bururian messaged about the game, I blurted it out.  Yeah, that was the thing I meant to mention.  It helps when deciding what to attack whom with, instead of blindly hoping for the best.

There, there. Just go back to your dog house and keep playing Etrian 5 and all shall be forgiven. Otherwise we’re gonna have an Old Yeller situation...

Edit: Ok, NOW Kirby Triple Deluxe is finished. It looks like it’s gonna take a while to reach 100%, but all in good time. Kirby games aren’t really difficult, but are always fun. Triple Deluxe is a fine game. Good level designs, creative backgrounds and color choices, fun new abilities, and some great references to past titles (REALLY liked the Kirby 64 callbacks since it was my first Kirby game) both in some backgrounds and in music. The return of the Ripple Star enemy gauntlet theme from Kirby 64 was a nice surprise!

The Dedede Tour you unlock sounds like fun. Always good to play as King Dedede (or Meta Knight) in an alternate mode.

• Like 1

Hey had a lot of crazy personal life stuff go on so I havent been here in about a year but I'm back! I had to find some people to talk about DQXI with! Hope you guys have been doing well this past year. Anybody else doing the Draconian Quest stuff? All I went with was "super tough enemies" and they werent joking! I've had to grind a couple levels before each boss.

Hey had a lot of crazy personal life stuff go on so I havent been here in about a year but I'm back! I had to find some people to talk about DQXI with! Hope you guys have been doing well this past year. Anybody else doing the Draconian Quest stuff? All I went with was "super tough enemies" and they werent joking! I've had to grind a couple levels before each boss.
Super Tough Enemies, No Fleeing, and XP reduction. Its...pretty hard actually. I had Shypox on but it honestly it was more annoying than challenging. No Shopping and No Armor seemed unbearable to me.

There's one lunatic here on the Den who's doing all of them at once.

I'm saving the Draconian Quest options for a second playthrough. If the game is as easy/short as people have made it out to be, this will stretch it a bit more.

I kept this relatively quiet because I didn't know if I'd get the position or if I'd get through the writing or not, but it's official.  I'm a news writer/reviewer for RPGamer.com now!  A completely unpaid position, but pretty legit media website.  They even send employees to E3 and PAX and such and interview some companies.  I had a couple quick news things that I posted this week, but today a larger piece dropped that I'd put together as part of my application and then worked on quite a bit in recent days.

https://rpgamer.com/review/dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3-import-review/

Loved this game and I really wanted to get it out and posted on the heels of the DQXI review they had up Monday, and success!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I kept this relatively quiet because I didn't know if I'd get the position or if I'd get through the writing or not, but it's official.  I'm a news writer/reviewer for RPGamer.com now!  A completely unpaid position, but pretty legit media website.  They even send employees to E3 and PAX and such and interview some companies.  I had a couple quick news things that I posted this week, but today a larger piece dropped that I'd put together as part of my application and then worked on quite a bit in recent days.

Loved this game and I really wanted to get it out and posted on the heels of the DQXI review they had up Monday, and success!

Woot!

Gotta review the music huh. Guess the days of muting the sound are behind you.

oh wow that was you? I read it after it got posted since I frequent the site. It made me want to go play DQM: Joker again. Good job. you inspired me to play a game again.

After fighting a really nasty sickness yesterday that left me bedridden, dizzy, and nauseated, I have made a near full recovery. Still taking it easy but at least I can eat and move again.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Congrats! It's a great site. Used to be on the forums back in the day.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, I was wondering when you were going to tell the Den about this news. Congrats again on getting the position.

Woot!
Gotta review the music huh. Guess the days of muting the sound are behind you.
I actually listened to the soundtrack! One of my first editors said I hadn't said enough about the music so I listened for an hour or two this morning.
oh wow that was you? I read it after it got posted since I frequent the site. It made me want to go play DQM: Joker again. Good job. you inspired me to play a game again.
Yay! Glad you feel that way. I definitely see it as a 4/5, but took off a half point as I'm sure my fanboyism shows, haha. I will say I'm torn between the nostalgia of Terry's Wonderland (a review I'll write in a month or two) and the ability to jump and ride the monsters in Joker 3. I did complete the bonus stuff in Terry's Wonderland, but have yet to do so in Joker 3 as playing them back to back got a little grindy/burnt out.
Haha, I was wondering when you were going to tell the Den about this news. Congrats again on getting the position.
Thanks! Yeah, wanted to wait until I got a review up, not just a news blurb.
Congrats! It's a great site. Used to be on the forums back in the day.

Thanks! On the podcasts they mention the forums are all but dead. But with the ability to comment on stories and replies to comment since the sight redesign earlier this year, I can see why things might die down.
  • Like 1

I’m in a mall right now and there is like 20 people loitering outside the GameStop and a bunch of people inside it too. I went in two hours ago before a movie and there was this guy hanging around, and I’m pretty sure I saw this same guy when I passed GameStop again. I assume this is for Spider-Man, but keep in mind it’s 3 hours to midnight.

That's stupid crazy! People still wait for games? I'd assume that those are the very same type of people who'd have moved to digital by now.

Not just wait, but wait three hours for a game that’ll be readily available.

Edited by eal

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That's stupid crazy! People still wait for games? I'd assume that those are the very same type of people who'd have moved to digital by now.

What I find sad is that they are just waiting around inside the store for the midnight release. Do the not have anything else better to do than wait for a video game?

Taking a break from DQXI to watch this Iggles game. Wish I could just relax and enjoy the season opener, but my fantasy opponent has Freeman 😫

• Like 1

Freeman held to 7 points in PPR. I'll take it. Now if only Ajayi's 2 TDs weren't on my bench :(

Time to hit the sack; not usually up this late on a school night.

16 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Freeman held to 7 points in PPR. I'll take it. Now if only Ajayi's 2 TDs weren't on my bench :(

Time to hit the sack; not usually up this late on a school night.

Wait a minute....

Freeman is the name of the guy...

He held to 7 points, which is an odd number...

The 2 TDS are like the 2 episodes...

Half-Life 3 confirmed. Praise the su-, I mean, praise the Freeman!