Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

So, here's hoping I see the girl tomorrow at work.

There was an (obviously early) thanksgiving party at work today, but I had other plans (that I found out too late weren't going to happen) and couldn't go. Will not having gone hurt my chances? I don't want to look like a shut-in a**hole.

I played GTAV/Online (360 version) for the first time since the month it was originally released today. I can't wait for the PC version to come out, I had to actually re-sub to XBox Live Gold to play. I assume the PC version will integrate steam or something, meaning free online play.

Anybody know how to burn a mixed-mode CD (Data on track one, remainder of tracks cd-format audio) using only freeware programs? The data I'm using is an ISO, but the audio is separate. I tried using CDRecord (a linux command-line tool) which seems to do what I want, except that my computer is stupid and even with CD-writer passthrough, I can't seem to actually burn disks from inside a virtual machine. And I don't have an extra box dedicated for Linux anymore, because my dad wouldn't let me keep all my towers when I moved everything in from my mom's house.

Hey Erdrick, good luck with the girl, today.

No Erdrick, you had plans, life happens, just don't make a big deal about it, and you won't sound like a crazy shut-in.  Just take a deep breath, and go for it.  Good luck!

A little late to the Erdrick games, but may the odds be ever in your favor!

So, went back to school for the first time in over a week. I'm a bit behind in my classes. I have to write my This I Believe essay (I'll probably do that over the weekend), finish 1984 by George Orwell (I'll read it during the week), and do an art analysis. That's just for English class. I also need to learn a whole unit in Physics and prepare to write the test I missed in Physics last week. Not to mention I'm a week behind in my drama rehearsals. Sigh. So much work.

I saw her and we talked a little, unfortunately there was no time where we were even close to being alone, so I haven't asked her out yet.

You may need to ask her to chat outside for a second, when you'd leaving, or when she is, next time. The longer you wait, the closer you get to friends-only territory. Sometimes you've got to take the plunge and ask her, just to know what her answer will be, either way. If she's cool, she should respect the direct approach.

You may need to ask her to chat outside for a second, when you'd leaving, or when she is, next time. The longer you wait, the closer you get to friends-only territory. Sometimes you've got to take the plunge and ask her, just to know what her answer will be, either way. If she's cool, she should respect the direct approach.

I'll try that next time I see her.

(Later)

I can't sleep. Once again, it's nearly 1:00 AM, and I'm tired but awake. I've got too many ideas running around my head, which is keeping me from sleeping, but I'm to tired to work on any of my projects. I tried working on DQVII-2 but I haven't been able to focus. Instead I've randomly been jamming out to ska music.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

It's snowing down here. I'm noticing a lot of people buying snow salt and snow car wipers at Walmart today....

Yeah we have gotten 3 inches of snow so far here

We were told we were getting anywhere between 6-18 inches of snow. Usually when there's a margin of error that large, you're likely to get very little. As expected we've only gotten about 3 inches BUT it's supposed to snow all night as well and pick up around that time. The only trouble is it's also raining so the snow was very hard to get off my car.

I wish it would snow here. But it's been oddly dry lately. We've had little rain, let alone snow.

Yeah, weather all over the damn place is chaotic. We were supposed to get a major blizzard.  Massive snow clouds showed up, howling winds rocked the house, but for all that, a mere 1/10th of an inch of snow was left upon the ground.

There's a snowfall warning for the next three days in my area. We expect 10-20 cm of snow overnight (which comes out to be about 4-8 inches).

Other news, I'm slowly catching up on my classes. I'm just about caught up for the latest Physics unit (still have to do the test for the last one sometime) and I'm really getting into my English novel. However, Drama class is not going so well. I don't have a strong enough voice yet to project onstage nor can I sing "Silent Night" at the end of the play. I'm going to see about being a tech person. Otherwise I risk developing nodes.

I got called down to the office at school today. They finally got around to doing the Grad Committee interviews. I made it. I'm now a part of the committee.

• Upvote 1

It's just rain, here in NYC.  It's supposed to turn to snow at some point tomorrow.  Drive safely everyone.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Had plenty of snow fall today. I personally like the snow, but the weather we had on Monday compared to today was a nightmare to drive in...

Played plenty of Smash Wii U and did some amiibo training with my Mario figure I picked up yesterday.  Named him Jump Man after Mario's name in the original Donkey Kong arcade game.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Though I must apologize to krw.  I'll write up that letter sometime later, I have nothing left in me tonight.

Edited by ignasia7

So, that girl didn't work today. Just as well, it was especially hot in the kitchen/dish pit today and we were all kinda sweaty. I figure that wouldn't be so attractive.

On the bright side, Itadaki Street Special came in the mail today! :D That's the last "me" order until after Christmas.

I have just enough money right now to pay off this term of classes, buy a couple christmas gifts, and have a small "emergency" budget saved until my next paycheck. That check will go to the last two gifts I need for christmas, then I don't have to live on a tight budget anymore. (Though I'll be saving more than I did before, because I work less hours now than I did when I planned this term's budget. $140 less a month!)

Oh, Happy early Thanksgiving everyone! (it's just over an hour early for me, at least.)

15d27o.png

Hell Yeah!

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

No snow here yet. News reports that we'll be getting 0cm today and most likely 0cm tomorrow. Oh, and probably 0cm the rest of the decade unless Global Warming goes totally bonkers.

There's a snowfall warning for the next three days in my area. We expect 10-20 cm of snow overnight (which comes out to be about 4-8 inches).

Other news, I'm slowly catching up on my classes. I'm just about caught up for the latest Physics unit (still have to do the test for the last one sometime) and I'm really getting into my English novel. However, Drama class is not going so well. I don't have a strong enough voice yet to project onstage nor can I sing "Silent Night" at the end of the play. I'm going to see about being a tech person. Otherwise I risk developing nodes.

I got called down to the office at school today. They finally got around to doing the Grad Committee interviews. I made it. I'm now a part of the committee.

Glad you're catching up. Kids & teachers both - it's far more of a pain to miss school than to just be there.

So, that girl didn't work today. Just as well, it was especially hot in the kitchen/dish pit today and we were all kinda sweaty. I figure that wouldn't be so attractive.

Depends. Hot & sweaty can be quite... sexy.

Happy Thanksgiving

No snow where I'm at, but that's probably for the best. When the snow does hit, everyone around here will act as though the apocalypse is coming.

Just Smash Wii U on the gaming front. My Wii U now seems to get stuck sometimes when closing the game. Maybe it's trying to tell me something.

Happy Thanksgiving

No snow where I'm at, but that's probably for the best. When the snow does hit, everyone around here will act as though the apocalypse is coming.

On Tuesday, it rained all day. Some thunderstorms, but just light to heavy rain all day long. Local news broke in from 9-11am to cover the story. Yep. 2 hours of preempted shows because of f*ing rain. In Florida. Stupid.

The Thanksgiving Day Parade was nuts. Cameras not pointing at what they're supposed to, horrible lip syncing, people falling all over the place, and one little girl in particular looks like she was throwing a hissy fit on a float during Idina Menzel's performance. And I'm almost certain that wasn't the real KISS that performed.

The Thanksgiving Day Parade was nuts. Cameras not pointing at what they're supposed to, horrible lip syncing, people falling all over the place, and one little girl in particular looks like she was throwing a hissy fit on a float during Idina Menzel's performance. And I'm almost certain that wasn't the real KISS that performed.

Isn't that the truth. The worst offenders I saw for lip synching were the band who sings "This is gonna be the best day of my life" and KISS. They were barely playing their instruments to at least try and synch up with the music. I'm pretty sure it was KISS, though.

I didn't notice the hissy fit girl. Must've missed her, but I'll see if I can spot her later since we DVR'd it.

She was on the ice skating rink. If you remember it, there were three girls skating, or at least they were supposed to. Two of them skated around while one of them just stood there looking all mopey and looking up at the performance on the float's bridge above her.

Oh I think I know what you're talking about then, or at least close to it. I think it was near the start of the parade when it reached 34th Street, and there were a number of people skating around on the float (along with 2 NHL stars) while the Madden brothers performed a song. Is that the float or am I totally off?

It was at the tail-end of it. Like, the last 20 minutes. It might have been Idina Menzel who was performing but it might not have been. This year, all of the boring pop singers and groups kinda just molded into one amorphous blob to me. It was the float before the Afflack Duck balloon.