15 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

He lives!

Anyway, spent my day out with friends. Got a new scarf and a Gandalf the white figure. Going to have pizza with another friend here soon

Been quite a while indeed! Have a great day!

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

Didn’t have a clean spoon this morning for breakfast so I stopped at Dunkin Donuts instead. Got back in my car and I see a big honkin’ Lapras right next to me in Pokémon Go. Sometimes it pays to be lazy.

I gotta think of some reason to take a friend into Boston next month so I have an excuse to try and get Mewtwo when he becomes available as a public raid boss. I want to finish my Kanto Pokédex next month.

Spent my early afternoon cleaning up a pipe sludge overflow

Medication isn't doing me well lately. I may need to see about boosting it up next time. Or maybe I've just overdone myself and need to rest a lot.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:53 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I wish I had a younger sibling. I’m an only child, and out of all the grandkids on both sides of my family I’m the only one who doesn’t have a sibling. Whenever I have kids, I’m making sure I have at least 2 so they don’t have to be an only child too.

As a middle child, siblings aren't all they're cracked up to be.

4 minutes ago, Duran said:

As a middle child, siblings aren't all they're cracked up to be.

The middle child would say that. 🤣

6 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The middle child would say that. 🤣

1527815026581.gif

Edited by Duran

for the first time I just picked up a 6-pack of Sour Monkey from the Sheetz down the road since PA's crappy* alcohol laws have been relaxed this year. I had to be checked out in a special line though, and by a manager, so I guess said laws are still pretty crappy*.

Edited by BorisTheWizard
Filtered my own profanity since the filter doesn't seem to be working?

Woke up feeling pretty awful today. Slept some more this afternoon and I feel a bit better. With all the stress going on, my brain is dialed up to 12. Hard to relax and enjoy things. I need to rest before I can do things but I can't rest as long as I have things to do.

Well, my computer died the other day so I had to do the boat acronym. "Blow out another thousand." 😟

The silver lining is that I might be able to play DQ XI. What's it most like? 

Great - DQVII, DQV, DQIV, DQVIII ,

Good - DQIII, DQII, DQ VI, DQI

Boring - DQIX

DNP - DQX multiplayer

Well, my computer died the other day so I had to do the boat acronym. "Blow out another thousand." 
Boring - DQIX
DNP - DQX multiplayer
People tell me its most like VIII but I haven't played that one. I'd say its most like V or VII in terms of story and characters and most like IX in terms of gameplay and world design.

It actually plays closer to DQX than anything else. Those who haven't played X would probably liken it to VIII.

Story flows kinda like DQ3 so far, but I'm playing blind and dunno how far I am (also I haven't finished III... So I only have a vague idea of what happens when you get all the orbs... My iPad broke before I got the last 2 orbs and I haven't found the will to play all over from the beginning again yet.)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero
13 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
17 minutes ago, Red Dragon said:
Well, my computer died the other day so I had to do the boat acronym. "Blow out another thousand." emoji45.png
Boring - DQIX
DNP - DQX multiplayer

People tell me its most like VIII but I haven't played that one. I'd say its most like V or VII in terms of story and characters and most like IX in terms of gameplay and world design.

Those are my favorite two.  IX gameplay isn't terrible, although I'd rather have random encounters. IX story was what was so boring to me.

Those are my favorite two.  IX gameplay isn't terrible, although I'd rather have random encounters. IX story was what was so boring to me.
I guess I should add that it doesn't have a job system, so in that regard it isn't like IX. Everything else is there though like quests, crafting, accolades, etc.
30 minutes ago, Red Dragon said:

Well, my computer died the other day so I had to do the boat acronym. "Blow out another thousand." 😟

Boring - DQIX

DNP - DQX multiplayer

It’s a lot like 8. If you like how that game plays, you’ll enjoy XI.

27 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I still can’t believe you haven’t played 8 yet. I could have sworn you were playing the 3DS version along with the rest of us at the beginning of last year.

16 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

It actually plays closer to DQX than anything else. Those who haven't played X would probably liken it to VIII.

Story flows kinda like DQ3 so far, but I'm playing blind and dunno how far I am (also I haven't finished III... So I only have a vague idea of what happens when you get all the orbs... My iPad broke before I got the last 2 orbs and I haven't found the will to play all over from the beginning again yet.)

Can’t imagine why most of us haven’t played X yet....😜

And WHAT?! You haven’t played through DQ3 yet?!?! But you’re Erdrick the Hero! You’re supposed to save Alefgard and start the legendary line of heroes!

You need to fix that problem.

I'm going to have to echo my Twinsie's sentiments here... and maybe drop the banhammer on DQ Fandom Membership Cards. Or use a pair of scissors, something!

No 8? I... just... can't. I mean, it's out a decade on now most conceivable devices. I understand that I'm probably one of a handful of people in existence that beat the whole damn thing on mobile (an old iPad 2 for goddess's sake), but you've never even played it?
Nope. Nope. Nope.

That username is gone. Gone I say. If you've never beaten 3, you're no Erdrick!
I'm going to have to echo my Twinsie's sentiments here... and maybe drop the banhammer on DQ Fandom Membership Cards. Or use a pair of scissors, something!
Nope. Nope. Nope.

That username is gone. Gone I say. If you've never beaten 3, you're no Erdrick!
I just never got around to it. Initially when I was going through the series, I had no way to play it because my PC at the time couldn't handle PS2 games. Then the game came out for mobile but I couldn't stand the touch controls. Then the game came out for 3DS but I had already spent the past several months going through DQ7 3DS and I was honestly just DQ-ed out at that point for a while.

As for Erdrick, hes mentioned before that he would have named himself Auster after the DQ7 hero if he'd known the canon name for the character back when he signed up on the Den.

Bought a new shower curtain today. That's neat.

Tomorrow I'll be in @King Zenith's neck of the woods, though I probably won't get to meet up. Stranger things have happened though

• Like 1
Bought a new shower curtain today. That's neat.
Tomorrow I'll be in [mention=4542]King Zenith[/mention]'s neck of the woods, though I probably won't get to meet up. Stranger things have happened though
On Netflix they happened twice.
4 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I found a bunch of Symphonic Suites at my local anime convention this year. I was really excited. I've never seen so much Dragon Quest stuff at once.

Dn0nY0SXsAAoX48.jpg:large

SWEEEEEEEEEET. Awesome find, Bururian!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
On 9/21/2018 at 7:04 PM, AustNerevar said:

I just never got around to it. Initially when I was going through the series, I had no way to play it because my PC at the time couldn't handle PS2 games. Then the game came out for mobile but I couldn't stand the touch controls. Then the game came out for 3DS but I had already spent the past several months going through DQ7 3DS and I was honestly just DQ-ed out at that point for a while.

As for Erdrick, hes mentioned before that he would have named himself Auster after the DQ7 hero if he'd known the canon name for the character back when he signed up on the Den.

Close. It would've been Aluse actually. That's his canon English name in the PlayStation version (though you can only see that by going to the Debug Menu).

Close. It would've been Aluse actually. That's his canon English name in the PlayStation version (though you can only see that by going to the Debug Menu).
My mistake. So that's the canon name in Dragon Warrior, but its Auster in Dragon Quest.
On 9/17/2018 at 10:27 PM, eal said:

I’m pretty neutral on the whole Comisgate thing. I’ve been observing it from a distance and I find it fascinating. I don’t really think they’re racists and Nazis or misogynists like they’re accused of being, and a lot of reactions have been overboard, but at the same time I find them to be massive hypocrites, and that’s an argument that I almost never see get brought up.

One week later...

And this still won't be the full reply! Only for one element of the whole mess! For the record, I can't stand it when people add "gate" to something. It makes people turn their brains off and they ignore points made on all sides.

Spoiler

When you think about it, at its core is a lot of hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness. Something the opposition touts is that creators that aren't white dudes get endless harassment by default. That's not true. With any social media you get back what you put in, regardless of age, gender, or sexual orientation. You never see Twitter drama videos about Joelle Jones, Amanda Conner, Katie Cook, Emanuela Lupaccino, or Sara Pichelli. Yeah, they dealt with struggles to get where they are, but they don't wear it on their shoulder so much for it to be a deterrent. They post their work. They talk about their craft. They interact with and praise creators they admire. If they post something political or interact with fans, it's done respectfully and without insults. Even if they disagree. That's being professional. That's how you build your audience.

Back when I was working at the shop, I saw an artist that I just winced at. The art was that sub-par. Didn't think it was the right artist for the book. So I looked up the artist and found out she's got tons of creator owned work that's perfect for her. She's excellent at promoting her work in fun ways. Always posts fun pictures from each and every appearance. Can't hate on that. And neither can anyone else, because you won't find a single negative comment.

You don't build a positive environment by being acerbic on Twitter all day. All day! Or posting antagonizing political rhetoric. All that does is attract the wrong kind of attention. It doesn't build your skills either. Some people also don't know how social media works. "Don't at me." OK, then don't open DMs. Or lock your Twitter. It's like saying hello to someone and instantly getting the finger back.

I do see real harassment! That's not OK. I also see trolls getting fed three steady meals a day with snacks in between. D&C wouldn't have made so many videos on some creators had they not gone to such lengths to combat him. I also see disagreement or criticism called harassment when it's clearly not. As a creator it's a blatant deflection tactic. "No, it can't be me. It's you! It's ALL OF YOU!" These folks can't grasp the fact that people want to follow them because they're comic creators, not political commentators. They don't post art, they're rude, and they start spats with other creators and customers. It makes them look unhinged. This wouldn't be OK from a cashier at a grocery store. It's shocking to see an editor at a major publishing company thinking it is.

Y'know, there's this one comic creator. You may have heard of him. People make fun of him for being a bad artist all the time. They take art from over 20 years ago to mock and ridicule him to this day. Countless snarky articles dedicated to how terrible he is. Every time he starts on a new book or even draws a picture, the comment section is full of how much he sucks. His name's Rob Liefeld. Yep, he made a lot of mistakes in the past. You might not like him as an artist. This man has had more petty #$*! flinged at him than any artist deserves. He has every right to delete everything and feel bitter and defeated. What does he do? He keeps doing what he loves. He's supportive to others. He thanks the people that come to see him. Actually, just looked at his Twitter and saw this, "My feed will continue to be politics free. There’s plenty of other outlets that cover that stuff."

It's OK to have opinions and be passionate about the issues important to you. But there's a right and wrong way to go about it and it drags too many people down into the mire. It's not good for anyone.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?