Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

14 hours ago, King Zenith said:

I think I've got those all deleted now, and banned the poster. Thanks for the heads up. Please let Me know if any others pop up.

Thanks for taking care of that :thumbsup:

I dumped the Arron Andrew account this morning, not sure if that was the one you saw or not.

Finally finished my comp sci lab for the weekend. Now to find another way to pass the time until DQXI hits...

1 hour ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Finally finished my comp sci lab for the weekend. Now to find another way to pass the time until DQXI hits...

Play Peter Griffin.

Endless Shrimp is back! Today! Will hit it up at 3pm. Damn, a did just lost 8 pounds in a month too.

• Like 2

For those interested, it's being report the NeoGeo Mini will launch in US and Europe on September 10th. That's only a few days away. Still waiting to see it pop up at Amazon. In the US, only Amazon and Gamestop will carry it.

3 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Oh, I think we all know how you're gonna pass the time.

1 hour ago, Fates said:

For those interested, it's being report the NeoGeo Mini will launch in US and Europe on September 10th. That's only a few days away. Still waiting to see it pop up at Amazon. In the US, only Amazon and Gamestop will carry it.

Well damn, they’re dropping it out of nowhere. I’ll have to try and snag one. 

I reached out to the person who spilled the news and he clarified -- the 10th is when preorders open. The actual release might be October. Regardless, keep an eye on Amazon. It's not a Nintendo product, but I have concerns about scalpers being on their bullshit here too.

Alright, I’ll keep my eyes peeled. So nice to see SNK trying to make a comeback. Definitely want to get a NeoGeo Mini to support them.

All I’m hoping for now is that they’ll re-release the King of Fighters XI so I can play it on the go. Much as I like KoF XIV, XI is such a good game. Or a King of Fighters collection covering the Orochi, NESTs, and Ash sagas.

XI was a great game. Also Momoko's only game, which is a crime, she's way cooler than Bao was.

1 hour ago, Fates said:

XI was a great game. Also Momoko's only game, which is a crime, she's way cooler than Bao was.

I’m indifferent to her and Bao, the latter because I haven’t played any of the games where he’s a playable character.

All I need from Team Psycho Soldier is Athena. And KoF XIII’s rendition of Chin. Holy #$*! is he good in KoF XIII.

KOF2000 has Bao and it's definitely worth playing. The Striker system was tons of fun. Definitely recommended.

Not feeling so well today. I was in such poor shape last night I thought I would need to go to the ER again. So between barely sleeping and sore muscles, I didn't sleep well. I hope tonight is better.

1 hour ago, Fates said:

KOF2000 has Bao and it's definitely worth playing. The Striker system was tons of fun. Definitely recommended.

I’m hoping we’ll see the NESTs games get some kind of re-release. I particularly want KoF 2002 Ultimate Match. Let me team up Geese Howard and Rugal, damn it!

I know Rugal is technically dead within the KoF series (ignoring his appearances in the Dream Match games), but damn it I want Rugal to make a return. The endings in KoF XIV make it seem like a possibility he and other villains will be back, but the big man himself is all we need in my opinion. 

So tomorrow while I'm out of town for work my buddy is going to pick up a single-fan GeForce GTX 750Ti from a Craigslist seller for me. A new 330w power supply for my mini desktop is on my way and should be here by the time I get home from work. With these two upgrades, it should be able to run Dragon Quest XI. This computer will fit in my backpack, so I can take it with me on my three-week trip. Yay!

• Like 1

So tomorrow while I'm out of town for work my buddy is going to pick up a single-fan GeForce GTX 750Ti from a Craigslist seller for me. A new 330w power supply for my mini desktop is on my way and should be here by the time I get home from work. With these two upgrades, it should be able to run Dragon Quest XI. This computer will fit in my backpack, so I can take it with me on my three-week trip. Yay!
Damn 330? What hardware (or lack thereof) do you have in that machine?

Sorry, not to sound rude, I've just never thought of a gaming rig running on something below 500w. I admittedly went a bit overboard with my 850w PSU...but then I have a ton of stuff packed into my beast.

It's an Alienware x51 from 2012. My parents bought it for me for Christmas that year. It's far from perfect, but it was the most powerful computer I'd ever had at the time. (I would have built a better computer if they had given me the same amount of money they spent on it for parts, but they refused to let me have any actual hobbies.)

Came with a DVD drive (pretty sure Blu-Ray was standard by this point, and later revisions of this model came with Blu-Ray), 1TB hard drive, a 2nd generation Core i3 @3.4 Ghz, 8GB ram, and a 1GB (I think) GeForce GT 640, all drawing from a 240w external power supply (later revisions shipped with 330w). There is no power supply for this machine, as far as I can tell, that will output higher than 330w.

It's an Alienware x51 from 2012. My parents bought it for me for Christmas that year. It's far from perfect, but it was the most powerful computer I'd ever had at the time. (I would have built a better computer if they had given me the same amount of money they spent on it for parts, but they refused to let me have any actual hobbies.)
Came with a DVD drive (pretty sure Blu-Ray was standard by this point, and later revisions of this model came with Blu-Ray), 1TB hard drive, a 2nd generation Core i3 @3.4 Ghz, 8GB ram, and a 1GB (I think) GeForce GT 640, all drawing from a 240w external power supply (later revisions shipped with 330w). There is no power supply for this machine, as far as I can tell, that will output higher than 330w.
Ah I see. They would've been better served to let you build a machine. Alienware is the Apple of PCs. Overpriced and well-marketed.

5 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
7 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Ah I see. They would've been better served to let you build a machine. Alienware is the Apple of PCs. Overpriced and well-marketed.

Originally they wanted to get me a MacBook. When I caught wind of that I started talking about how important it was that I run Windows. Thankfully they hadn't already bought it. I guess I could've used Boot camp, but I really just don't want to be in Apple's walled ecosystem. (I finally switched to Android a couple years ago, so yay).

Originally they wanted to get me a MacBook. When I caught wind of that I started talking about how important it was that I run Windows. Thankfully they hadn't already bought it. I guess I could've used Boot camp, but I really just don't want to be in Apple's walled ecosystem. (I finally switched to Android a couple years ago, so yay).
I don't blame you. I guess Macbooks have their purpose but its hard to argue that for their price point. I am determined to build a hackintosh one day as a fun project, though.

I'm considering picking up a MacBook to learn MacOS and maybe get the appropriate certifications for IT work. Same with Windows and Linux. Also, if I ever manage to release a commercial game, I'd like to build for MacOS too so I can reach the greatest possible audience, so it'd be good to have for testing and stuff, even though I work in Windows. Other than that, though, I have absolutely no need or want to use any Apple product.

Applied to 6 more jobs tonight.

My disappointment/anger in how I can’t join in on Dragon Quest XI release day.

hhQB4Sm.jpg

8 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

My disappointment/anger in how I can’t join in on Dragon Quest XI release day.

I probably won't get to it today either, have to work today, and then activities at the kids school tonight, but I did take the next three days off (if work will leave me alone that is).

In regards to comic stuff, I've found everything that's happened to Peter Simeti to be extremely sad and disgusting. Worked at a comic stop when Alterna made their big push. In fact, if you go to their YouTube channel, there's an interview with the owner of the store I worked for. He was excellent with retailers, supportive of his talent, and very dedicated to getting his books out there and building readers. I may not be a fan, but I certainly respect how dedicated he was to making his company succeed and how good he was with people. It's awful to see hateful people attack someone while wearing a virtuous mask.

(P.S. I'll respond to the X-Factor post soon!)