My wife's friend sadly just moved close to us. She thinks she's in labor, so the hubby dropped off their 2 kids with us at 9:30pm. We have two 5 year olds, a 3 year old, and a 2 year old in the house. As the dad left he reminded us that he gave enough clothes in case he can't come back until Tuesday. WTF!? Oh, and thanks for watching their nasty ass dog where they love 25 minutes away.

Friends suck. My wife is working this weekend and I literally cannot picture how I'm dragging 4 #$*!ing kids myself to my son's first T-ball game on Saturday.
I do not want this life.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

Aaand beat Pokémon Yellow. It was Blue’s Alakazam that caused the most trouble, since I had no way to counter it. Thankfully, it was one of his weaker Pokémon. The rest fell like dominos. I got decent luck against Lance as well.

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
15 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
I do not want this life.

Life hack: befriend only those who are done having children.

Fun Fact: This was probably a joke, but according to my folks, I have no younger siblings because my parents said one of them really wanted another kid, but then they went to visit friends that had just had one and they both went, “Nope.”

• Like 1

I wish I had a younger sibling. I’m an only child, and out of all the grandkids on both sides of my family I’m the only one who doesn’t have a sibling. Whenever I have kids, I’m making sure I have at least 2 so they don’t have to be an only child too.

• Like 1

2 is good. Mine have just gotten to the age that they'll play together ok now. My wife and I sat and watched a full hour of TV today (something we rarely get to do together anymore) while they wrestled and played dinosaurs and such together.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I wish I had a younger sibling. I’m an only child, and out of all the grandkids on both sides of my family I’m the only one who doesn’t have a sibling. Whenever I have kids, I’m making sure I have at least 2 so they don’t have to be an only child too.

I am an only child as well. It really does suck. Sure I got spoiled and had my own room, but it really isn't as great as many make it out to be.

40 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I am an only child as well. It really does suck. Sure I got spoiled and had my own room, but it really isn't as great as many make it out to be.

Agreed. There are times when it can be nice, but overall it’s not the best experience.

So, 1 night, 4 kids went... OK.  Again, didn't get to play DQXI.  This has been a bad week for that, but if I have to have a 24 oz coffee at 9pm tonight, by golly I'm going to play.

My wife wakes up and comes out to me making pancakes for the herd this morning and says, "Great news, my friend was just dehydrated, no baby yet, they'll be picked up later today."  No, that's NOT great news I told her.  The GREAT news would be the baby's out and healthy and they're ready to go back home in 24 hours and we won't have a repeat of this night randomly again in the next couple days or weeks!  Oh well, small reprieve.

• Like 2

Work has been busy this week and will be this weekend, I haven't played since last Sunday and might not be able to until next week :rolleyes:

Had to be at the hospital at 6:30 this morning for my uncle’s surgery. He was all finished up by 10, and he’s feeling fine! He’ll have to stay of his feet for a few weeks, but otherwise he’s good to go.

The operation took about an hour, but you have to do the sitting around and prep for the operation and all that jazz. Sitting in the waiting room went by pretty fast though, and I’ve gotten a little bit of time in Dragon Quest VII 3DS. Currently at the Faraday Automaton section.

Now it’s time for a lunch run and grab a few things to take back to the hospital.

1 hour ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Anybody else having massive slowdown scrolling through the forums today? It's working fine on my Phone, but not my laptop, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the new Chrome update.

I just applied the update and the scrolling isn't very smooth, it's like the scrolling has "notches" and jumps a bit at a time, tested on my work computer before the update and then after and there is a definite difference.

I'm using Chrome for Android currently with no issues on the mobile site.

5 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Anybody else having massive slowdown scrolling through the forums today? It's working fine on my Phone, but not my laptop, so I'm thinking it may have something to do with the new Chrome update.

I am having issues with it on my laptop. No problems with my desktop though.

Nailed my interviews. I wouldn't be surprised to get a call back for the production job. The afternoon job has me on as casual for now but they have contracts with the city so there is definitely opportunity here.

• Like 2

I’ve now seen the best explanation of Kingdom Hearts. 

Got super unlucky with my lineup this week, and had Ajayi go to the locker for a back injury after a single run, but it's okay because Philip Rivers and Melvin Gordon are going to take me to the promised land.

As an aside, I feel bad for Bills fans. This may be the worst NFL team I've ever watched.

2 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Got super unlucky with my lineup this week, and had Ajayi go to the locker for a back injury after a single run, but it's okay because Philip Rivers and Melvin Gordon are going to take me to the promised land.

As an aside, I feel bad for Bills fans. This may be the worst NFL team I've ever watched.

Aaaaaaaaaand, my overwhelming lead was wrecked by my opponent getting a bunch of free OT points in the MIN/PIT game. Oh well. Fantasy gonna fantasy.

2 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Another friend passed away. Can I have a refund for 2018

I'm sorry Demo... I'm sure I know the feeling somewhat.  I lost both my parents this year, one in Feb, one in June.  It's depressing.

I’m pretty neutral on the whole Comisgate thing. I’ve been observing it from a distance and I find it fascinating. I don’t really think they’re racists and Nazis or misogynists like they’re accused of being, and a lot of reactions have been overboard, but at the same time I find them to be massive hypocrites, and that’s an argument that I almost never see get brought up. To start, I don’t think criticism of one group means an endorsement of another. I can think Comicsgaters are hypocrites while also thinking it was messed up the illustrator of Spider-Gwen tweeted his butthole with Ethan Van Sciver’s face on it or that the vitriol targeted toward Peter Simeti was all kinds of wrong and effed up. This is gonna be a long post but there isn’t really a place for me to just get my opinion out there in one big burst, so I admit this a word explosion that nobody here cares about or will likely read. I’m gonna spoiler tag this giant wall of text.

Diversity & Comics, arguably the leader of this group, is probably the worst of them all. I don’t make a statement like that haphazardly. I make a point to watch at least 1 of the 70 videos he puts out in a day and can say I have a pretty thorough understanding of him and his viewpoints. A lot of times he says things that contradicts previous statements.

For example, Comicsgate seems to be built on the concept of “stop alienating your fans or you will lose sales.” One of those ways happens to be the way creators speak to fans. He says fans don’t read books by people that hate them, but in a recent video he talked about how Comicsgaters are magnanimous because they are willing to read books by people that hate them so long as the book is good. There was one time when he seemed to have lacked all self-awareness, and that was when he started claiming certain writers aren’t real writers and put out below average work because they sit on Twitter all day and tweet, something he is legendary for doing himself, despite currently being in the middle of two crowdfunding campaigns. I think he realized how much of a huge hypocrite he was being because he temporarily suspended his Twitter account shortly after he made those comments.

He talks as if sales are the most important thing and recently put out a video where he said The Silencer is one of the most common comics in the #movetheneedle hashtags, yet it has nearly the worst sales in the entire New Age of DC Heroes lineup (a lineup with universally low sales to begin with). He will often, and I mean often, cite the success of his and Ethan Van Sciver’s Indiegogo campaigns. And make no mistake, they are massive successes, but it’s worth pointing out that while Jawbreakers has earned almost $400,000, there are only 10,000 who have backed it since May. These are well below cancellation lines for a Marvel comic that doesn’t have an alternate way to supplement the poor sales. These are fantastic figures for an indie book, but this would not have been achievable if not for his huge following. If I recall, he has crowdfunded comics before this and they did drastically worse. It’s fair to say his success isn’t from the quality of his work, but from the strength of his reach.

And that brings me to another point, and that’s how this whole thing is an obvious crashgrab. They tell you not to read the competitions bad books, but then say you should support their crowdfunded books, regardless of how poorly received their previous works were (such is the case with Diversity & Comics). He does not have a history of producing good work, but people will support him anyways because they agree with him on the wicked “SJW” agenda. I’ve floated around some of the Twitter chatter too, and I’ve never seen a group brag so much about how much money other people have made off their work, and I’m talking about the buyers not the creators in this movement. It’s also helped to expose a bit of hypocrisy in Gamergate as well, a group that has claimed to be against making games appeal to groups that won’t even play those games, yet I’ve been on r/KotakuinAction and have seen them say they’ve supported Comicsgate books despite not being comic readers simply out of spite for “SJWs.”

One bizarre thing is how he will not accept the idea that what someone in Comicsgate has done is wrong. Darwyn Cooke’s wife came out and said to someone who claimed he would have supported Comicsgate that he absolutely would not, and they harassed her relentlessly. When people tried to back her up, he said they were “weaponizing a widow’s grief.” He rightly defended Peter Simeti, something I respect him for doing as I believe the mob after Simeti was wrong on all counts and drove a good man into a bad place and he gets my credit for doing it. But it’s fair to say that, by the standards he has laid out, this would be considered “weaponizing” someone’s emotions.

He has a tendency to move goalposts. He made the claim that “SJWs” get jobs writing Big Two comics without any experience and this is bad. A number of people on Twitter spoke up, either name dropping other people or naming themselves as examples. Each time he went, “well you wrote a one-shot for another company” or “you interned at Marvel.” I would like to point out Rainbow Rowell’s first comic was Runaways, which myself and Runways fans are universally in love with. Peter David’s first published comic was Death of Jean DeWolff, a highly celebrated storyline. It’s not about your resume in the industry, but the passion you have for the characters, something Rainbow Rowell and Peter David have shown in their first works in comics.

The way he criticizes things is also an issue. He made a video recently where he said he takes all criticism to heart, a sentiment I believe, and has even handed over his terrible older work asking people to roast them. It’s nice that you can be so willing to let be disparage your old work that you can look back at and see its faults, but you shouldn’t think that just because you don’t mind being roasted that it’s a fair way of criticizing other people. I’ve watched plenty of his reviews where he will just bag on a creator relentlessly. He’ll insult them as people, say “SJW’s don’t human very well,” he’ll belittle dialogue by reading it in a goofy manner or call any character that speaks modern as “lol so random XD.” He will read comics not meant for him and say they are bad when he is not the target audience. He clearly has his own tastes, and that’s fine, which is obviously 90’s inspired action with lots of guns. But when a comic does not have that, he will say it’s bad. He will give fair criticism of art, not so much writers though for some reason.

All in all, I think it’s important that Comicsgate, D&C in particular, be criticized, but it should be the right kind instead of baseless attacks on him and the movement he represents. I just hope calmer heads will prevail when the smoke clears and that people just read the kind of comics that they enjoy, because it’s a hobby at the end of the day.

Edited by eal

Short on time. Will respond more later. (I say that like I"m not gonna watch all of this before I leave.)

I'm fairly neutral on it as well. The people who claim to be on the right side aren't providing a prettier picture. These people sit on Twitter all damn day. Their writing is bad, their artwork is bad, and do nothing but spew nastiness at people. Why would I want to support them as creators? Why would I want to associate myself with them as a creator? You can not like a creative direction not be a racist or sexist. Nazi is a term that is thrown around way too liberally these days. It's just tossed at someone as a blanket term for someone who doesn't follow their line of thinking to the letter. It's a game nobody can win.

It's something that I think has been building for years now. D&C struck a chord because of his simple and straightforward approach. That's why he became the face of this whole shebang. I don't particularly care for any of the other commenters except for Just Some Guy.

Gotta go, 'cause I've got artwork to create.

Ooof...the last few days have been kind of draining. I didn’t get home from work until 1 last night, and having to go back in this morning has me really tired.

Luckily I have a free day tomorrow, so I’m going to try and relax with some more Dragon Quest XI time. Gonna make some chili too, trying a new recipe/slow cooking it in the crockpot.

• Like 1

Hi guys, coming back after a long time! Hope everyone is doing fine. Been very busy but with the release of DQ XI I decided to drop by.

Cheers, all!

53 minutes ago, jvboytheman said:

Hi guys, coming back after a long time! Hope everyone is doing fine. Been very busy but with the release of DQ XI I decided to drop by.

Cheers, all!

He lives!

Anyway, spent my day out with friends. Got a new scarf and a Gandalf the white figure. Going to have pizza with another friend here soon

• Like 1
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?