Jump to content

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Don't bother. It's maybe a page. Nowhere the depth Peter David would have done. Just finished the series today. I'd give it two and a half stars. I just don't like Matthew Rosenberg on X-Men. Multiple Man is a good effort, but it's #NotMyMadrox. New Mutants had a couple of good bits, but everyone was so overly snarky to the point of being unlikable. Boom Boom with how her character developed, sure, but not everyone. Illyana wouldn't say, "Go tell your mom to go #$*! herself." Wouldn't consider the art bad. It's just not the right artist for these characters. It had a twist ending, but I'm not compelled to go further should there be more.

I’ve heard people like it or love it. I’ve flipped through pages and I like the art well enough. Somewhat reminds me of Ryan Stegman, which is probably why he’s doing the covers (or vice versa).

It’s my understanding (since I haven’t been reading it and have been gathering info about it from online discussions) that Multiple Man might be about his resurrection. There was an arc in X-Factor that had Madrox dimension hop after definitely dying until he landed back in the right dimension in his body again. I don’t think it was ever explained what that was all about.

If you’ve seen pictures of him for Uncanny X-Men, you’ll notice he has his M tattoo, unlike in Multiple Man. That plus everyone else from the team doing something lately (aside from Terry) gives me the impression they might be bringing back X-Factor, seeing as Peter David needs a new book now that Scarlet Spider has ended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • YangustheLegendaryBandit

    2148

  • eal

    2126

  • Democrobot

    1693

  • Plattym3

    1383

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

I made a hamburger pie today. Need to make a few adjustments but for a first attempt, I would say 3/5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems one of the new internet memes is to take the Mii Channel theme from the Wii and do something with it. I have to say, this is the best use of the Mii Channel music joke I’ve seen. It’s really cool to hear it being performed live, and while there are a few spots the band gets out of sync, it’s still an awesome job. Way to go, concert band kids!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night, despite being dreadfully tired, I couldn’t fall asleep until almost 4:30, an hour and a half before I need to get up. I found out that I apparently need my fan running in the middle of the night as white noise before I can fall asleep, as turning it on knocked me out within minutes.

I pretty much did what I needed to do today and slept until 6, and now I don’t really have the drive to do anything of value for the rest of the day. I pretty much played XI for 30 minutes before putting it down. I really hate wasted days like this.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eal said:

Last night, despite being dreadfully tired, I couldn’t fall asleep until almost 4:30, an hour and a half before I need to get up. I found out that I apparently need my fan running in the middle of the night as white noise before I can fall asleep, as turning it on knocked me out within minutes.

I pretty much did what I needed to do today and slept until 6, and now I don’t really have the drive to do anything of value for the rest of the day. I pretty much played XI for 30 minutes before putting it down. I really hate wasted days like this.

I’m the same way. I like a fan for white noise, and during the winter it’s my little heater I have in my bedroom.

Other than that I play a sleep/repacking playlist on my iPod. Nothing with vocals though, as they would distract me from trying to sleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to have static noice of some kind to sleep or else my tinnitus drives me crazy. I've gotten to the point where I kinda have to listen to something 24/7.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m the same way. I like a fan for white noise, and during the winter it’s my little heater I have in my bedroom.

Other than that I play a sleep/repacking playlist on my iPod. Nothing with vocals though, as they would distract me from trying to sleep.

The funny thing is podcasts and similar videos on YouTube also help me sleep. Something with lots of talking but with no music or sound effects or people doing anything but talking to each other. There’s an Aziz Ansari comedy special I’ve watched on Netflix maybe a half dozen to a dozen times that I’ve never watched the whole way through because I used it to put me to sleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, eal said:

The funny thing is podcasts and similar videos on YouTube also help me sleep. Something with lots of talking but with no music or sound effects or people doing anything but talking to each other. There’s an Aziz Ansari comedy special I’ve watched on Netflix maybe a half dozen to a dozen times that I’ve never watched the whole way through because I used it to put me to sleep.

It’s funnt you mention Aziz, because Parks and Recreation is my show I’ll sleep to if music isn’t doing the trick. I’ll put the volume on low so I can barely hear it, and halfway through an episode I’ll be out. I enjoy the show, but I’ve seen it enough times I don’t have to fully pay attention.

Another thing I’ve done is listen to Caddicarus season collab videos he has on his YouTube channel. It works sometimes, but he likes to throw in sound effects or crazy stuff into his videos, so they can be distracting. Usually I only listen to those if I’m absolutely having a horrible time trying to fall asleep. It has helped, as I start focused on that and next thing I know I’m waking up.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally done with the elastics in my mouth!

Job search continues. So far nothing yet but I won't give up. I'm hoping for something decent to at least help me save up.

So, brother is in an interesting position and may be challenging his boss for control of the company. Also talk about us starting our businesses a bit earlier than planned. We've got resources at our disposal as well as connections, so we may move forward with this as soon as next year. Or, in the event that he does manage to become the new owner of the current company he works for, we can possible move even faster as one business is for the same industry he works in already. While he handles that stuff, I'll be going through the resources and making a sparknotes version of them for him as he is quite busy as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother quit his job and moved back in. We're gonna make some progress on the games we have planned.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been here in a while...

I've been working and I've recently picked up my pre-order of DQXI

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2018 at 12:41 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s funnt you mention Aziz, because Parks and Recreation is my show I’ll sleep to if music isn’t doing the trick. I’ll put the volume on low so I can barely hear it, and halfway through an episode I’ll be out. I enjoy the show, but I’ve seen it enough times I don’t have to fully pay attention.

Another thing I’ve done is listen to Caddicarus season collab videos he has on his YouTube channel. It works sometimes, but he likes to throw in sound effects or crazy stuff into his videos, so they can be distracting. Usually I only listen to those if I’m absolutely having a horrible time trying to fall asleep. It has helped, as I start focused on that and next thing I know I’m waking up.

I listen to stand up comedy specials that I've seen several times before to get myself to sleep. Only works if I'm laying in bed thankfully since I watch them all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that I only have a little over two weeks left on my parental leave. This time has flown by.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a shocking turn of events, I will be spending tonight playing DQXI until the Ravens/Bengals game starts. I should be working on another Comp Sci Lab, but it builds upon what we did last week and, and our professor still hasn't graded that lab yet. Don't want to get too far ahead if I'm gonna have to clean up previous code.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To the surprise of everyone I actually haven’t touched Dragon Quest XI since Sunday. I’ve spent the week trying to finish Pokémon Yellow with the intent of completing it in between Dragon Quest sessions. I’m working my way through Victory Road. Once I’m out, I’m gonna swing around and just get the three birds out of the way and bring Articuno along with me. Alakazam, Charizard, and maybe Venusaur alone should sweep me all the way to Lance, who’ll need some Ice attacks to beat. The rival should be a cakewalk right after.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DQ is pretty much the only thing I've been playing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eal said:

To the surprise of everyone I actually haven’t touched Dragon Quest XI since Sunday. I’ve spent the week trying to finish Pokémon Yellow with the intent of completing it in between Dragon Quest sessions. I’m working my way through Victory Road. Once I’m out, I’m gonna swing around and just get the three birds out of the way and bring Articuno along with me. Alakazam, Charizard, and maybe Venusaur alone should sweep me all the way to Lance, who’ll need some Ice attacks to beat. The rival should be a cakewalk right after.

I beat Red a bunch of times when I was a kid, but I downloaded Yellow from the 3DS E-Shop and was shocked at how unbalanced the game was. It's more or less split into 2 halves; before Koga, and after Koga. Everything is easy until you get to Koga, then WHAM, level 40-50 Pokemon when my team was High 30's at most.

 

I should probably get back to that at some point, but damn, I don't even know where I'm supposed to grind. A bunch of Venonat/moths using Confusion/Psychic is pretty damn busted at that point in the game (or maybe I'm just salty because my main Pokemon, Nidoking, gets wrecked by these moves.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

I beat Red a bunch of times when I was a kid, but I downloaded Yellow from the 3DS E-Shop and was shocked at how unbalanced the game was. It's more or less split into 2 halves; before Koga, and after Koga. Everything is easy until you get to Koga, then WHAM, level 40-50 Pokemon when my team was High 30's at most.

 

I should probably get back to that at some point, but damn, I don't even know where I'm supposed to grind. A bunch of Venonat/moths using Confusion/Psychic is pretty damn busted at that point in the game (or maybe I'm just salty because my main Pokemon, Nidoking, gets wrecked by these moves.)

Yes, there’s a jump in opponent levels but not really in difficulty. Blaine was embarrassingly easy, Koga wasn’t that tough (Charizard is your friend), and I’m under the impression that Sabrina’s strongest Pokémon, her Alakazam, didn’t even have a damage-dealing attack, as it just kept spamming buffs and debuffs and didn’t throw out a single attack once. They don’t use health items on their Pokémon, and the rival has an assortment of Pokémon, most of which are weak to the starters you gather along the way. Only Pokémon I caught that’s been indispensably valuable has been Kadabra.

The only real struggle is with itself. You will not have any room in your bag if you hold onto special items as opposed to shoving them into your box. Having to go in and make a Pokémon use Strength or Surf or Cut is bothersome. And honestly, these games were very esoteric. I only know everything you need to do by heart because I’ve played them so many times I’ve committed it all to memory, but if you step back and think about it, every thing you needed to do was vague or you needed to figure it out by speaking to every NPC until someone gave you helpful info.

For whatever reason, I’ve never bothered to beat any Gen 1 games. I’ve gone as far as Elite Four and just stopped. No real reason. Probably just didn’t want to go through the effort of going through Victory Road. I’ve played the remakes endlessly, sometimes solely to get Master Balls. But never finished a Gen 1 game. This is the most I’ve ever been driven to beat it and I don’t want to kill the momentum now, I’ve had Pokémon Yellow since at least middle school.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored another interview tomorrow. Hope it all goes well. I've been a bit out of the interview thing. Not used to being interviewed. More used to being the one doing the interviewing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

DQ is pretty much the only thing I've been playing.

The whole time I’ve been at work today I just keep thinking “Gah, I want to go home and keep playing DQ11, damn it!” It’s so weird playing the PS4 version after the 3DS version and I want to keep seeing what the differences are!

 

Probably won’t be touching the Alliance Alive for awhile...well, except for tomorrow. Gonna go up to the hospital since one of my uncle’s is having hip surgery, and since he’s basically the closest thing I have to a dad I really wanted to be there for him. I’ll need something to play in the downtime while his surgery is happening, but I’m not sure whether to take Alliance or pop in Dragon Quest VII and continue the replay I was doing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife's friend sadly just moved close to us. She thinks she's in labor, so the hubby dropped off their 2 kids with us at 9:30pm. We have two 5 year olds, a 3 year old, and a 2 year old in the house. As the dad left he reminded us that he gave enough clothes in case he can't come back until Tuesday. WTF!? Oh, and thanks for watching their nasty ass dog where they love 25 minutes away.

Friends suck. My wife is working this weekend and I literally cannot picture how I'm dragging 4 #$*!ing kids myself to my son's first T-ball game on Saturday.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...