I kept this relatively quiet because I didn't know if I'd get the position or if I'd get through the writing or not, but it's official.  I'm a news writer/reviewer for RPGamer.com now!  A completely unpaid position, but pretty legit media website.  They even send employees to E3 and PAX and such and interview some companies.  I had a couple quick news things that I posted this week, but today a larger piece dropped that I'd put together as part of my application and then worked on quite a bit in recent days.

https://rpgamer.com/review/dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3-import-review/

Loved this game and I really wanted to get it out and posted on the heels of the DQXI review they had up Monday, and success!

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I kept this relatively quiet because I didn't know if I'd get the position or if I'd get through the writing or not, but it's official.  I'm a news writer/reviewer for RPGamer.com now!  A completely unpaid position, but pretty legit media website.  They even send employees to E3 and PAX and such and interview some companies.  I had a couple quick news things that I posted this week, but today a larger piece dropped that I'd put together as part of my application and then worked on quite a bit in recent days.

Loved this game and I really wanted to get it out and posted on the heels of the DQXI review they had up Monday, and success!

Woot!

Gotta review the music huh. Guess the days of muting the sound are behind you.

After fighting a really nasty sickness yesterday that left me bedridden, dizzy, and nauseated, I have made a near full recovery. Still taking it easy but at least I can eat and move again.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Congrats! It's a great site. Used to be on the forums back in the day.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha, I was wondering when you were going to tell the Den about this news. Congrats again on getting the position.

Woot!
Gotta review the music huh. Guess the days of muting the sound are behind you.
I actually listened to the soundtrack! One of my first editors said I hadn't said enough about the music so I listened for an hour or two this morning.
oh wow that was you? I read it after it got posted since I frequent the site. It made me want to go play DQM: Joker again. Good job. you inspired me to play a game again.
Yay! Glad you feel that way. I definitely see it as a 4/5, but took off a half point as I'm sure my fanboyism shows, haha. I will say I'm torn between the nostalgia of Terry's Wonderland (a review I'll write in a month or two) and the ability to jump and ride the monsters in Joker 3. I did complete the bonus stuff in Terry's Wonderland, but have yet to do so in Joker 3 as playing them back to back got a little grindy/burnt out.
Haha, I was wondering when you were going to tell the Den about this news. Congrats again on getting the position.
Thanks! Yeah, wanted to wait until I got a review up, not just a news blurb.
Congrats! It's a great site. Used to be on the forums back in the day.

Thanks! On the podcasts they mention the forums are all but dead. But with the ability to comment on stories and replies to comment since the sight redesign earlier this year, I can see why things might die down.
  • Like 1

I’m in a mall right now and there is like 20 people loitering outside the GameStop and a bunch of people inside it too. I went in two hours ago before a movie and there was this guy hanging around, and I’m pretty sure I saw this same guy when I passed GameStop again. I assume this is for Spider-Man, but keep in mind it’s 3 hours to midnight.

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That's stupid crazy! People still wait for games? I'd assume that those are the very same type of people who'd have moved to digital by now.

What I find sad is that they are just waiting around inside the store for the midnight release. Do the not have anything else better to do than wait for a video game?

16 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Freeman held to 7 points in PPR. I'll take it. Now if only Ajayi's 2 TDs weren't on my bench :(

Time to hit the sack; not usually up this late on a school night.

Wait a minute....

Freeman is the name of the guy...

He held to 7 points, which is an odd number...

The 2 TDS are like the 2 episodes...

Half-Life 3 confirmed. Praise the su-, I mean, praise the Freeman!

9 hours ago, Don'tSellTheFlameSword said:

Does the Den have a discord and if the answers no, is there any interest in one?

I believe Democrobot set one up for here at some point.

Wow, I’m glad I did some online looking during my break. I found out that Ni No Kuni II’s soundtrack is up on iTunes (really happy about that since I loved NNK2’s music) and that the next season of Bojack Horseman is going to be up on Netflix next week. Good things to discover to lighten up the end of the week.

The music will be good to have while cooking this weekend. Now that the weather has cooled off and with all the rain we’ve had, it’s time to break out the soup recipes! First up, tortilla soup! I’ve been looking forward to making it but wanted to wait for the right time.

9 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

I believe Tesla set one up for here at some point.

Fixed it. Link is in my signature

Well, I'm almost better. Dry cough and stuffy nose still but that's nothing to worry. Body is a bit sore though.

Today I found one of @Plattym3's guest quotes.

On 1/24/2008 at 4:31 AM, Guest Plattym3 said:

WOW! You did do all 3. I don't recall hearing from you for a long time. How long are your games each? I'm definately interested in playing.

From the Dragon Warrior Reborn thread.

I believe Democrobot set one up for here at some point.
Yep, it's still around.
Today I found one of [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention]'s guest quotes.
From the Dragon Warrior Reborn thread.
My younger self is still relevant!

Dragon Quest XI just softlocked in the middle of a cutscene that I think was supposed to net me a new party member. I just lost over an hour's worth of progress, there's been no chances to save again in that time.

3 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Dragon Quest XI just softlocked in the middle of a cutscene that I think was supposed to net me a new party member. I just lost over an hour's worth of progress, there's been no chances to save again in that time.

Nevermind... My controller came unplugged.

Aaaaannd the cutscene dumped me in front of a save statue. Lol

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I started a Dragon Quest XI Progress thread do people can post their progress as they play. We had one for DQ7 and 8 3DS, might as well have one for 11.

https://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/38030-dragon-quest-xi-progress-thread/

Also made the tortilla soup, and it was a success. Got it just the right temperature spice wise too.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
On 9/4/2018 at 10:19 AM, eal said:

Her forgiving him and he forgiving himself was a big part of the New Mutants miniseries, and I actually heard it’s pretty good and might read it in trade.

Don't bother. It's maybe a page. Nowhere the depth Peter David would have done. Just finished the series today. I'd give it two and a half stars. I just don't like Matthew Rosenberg on X-Men. Multiple Man is a good effort, but it's #NotMyMadrox. New Mutants had a couple of good bits, but everyone was so overly snarky to the point of being unlikable. Boom Boom with how her character developed, sure, but not everyone. Illyana wouldn't say, "Go tell your mom to go #$*! herself." Wouldn't consider the art bad. It's just not the right artist for these characters. It had a twist ending, but I'm not compelled to go further should there be more.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?