To update my post from yesterday, I watched some of Peter Simeti's stream last night. May listen to the whole thing for background noise later, but I gotta say, good for him for standing up for his company and himself.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Oh I'm playing The Alliance Alive right now too. How far in are you?

I haven’t started it. I want to finish Kirby Triple Deluxe first.

22 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Currently playing Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age on PC with a Metal Slime Dualshock 2.

I had the original Slime Dualshock 2 and would never play DQVIII without it, but it was made out of this soft-touch rubber that deteriorated over time and became gummy and sticky. Had to throw it out a few years back :(

3 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

I had the original Slime Dualshock 2 and would never play DQVIII without it, but it was made out of this soft-touch rubber that deteriorated over time and became gummy and sticky. Had to throw it out a few years back :(

Did you at least get the experience and gold from it?

Seriously though, sucks you had to throw it out.

I had the original Slime Dualshock 2 and would never play DQVIII without it, but it was made out of this soft-touch rubber that deteriorated over time and became gummy and sticky. Had to throw it out a few years back
Ditto. 100% it deteriorated badly.
1 hour ago, BorisTheWizard said:

You could say it started to resemble a Slime not just in look but in feel as well.

2 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

I actually have that one too. I bought it still sealed in its original packaging (got it cheap too, as it was a Japanese one) but when I opened it, it was already all sticky. So the blue Slime controller just sits on it's stand now. Glad I bought it though, because the Metal Slime one didn't come with a cable!

I'd like to get the Slime DualShock 4. It looks a tad more comfortable. And it's wireless!

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Happened to my PS2 Slime controller, too!  I may strip the rubbereized coating with dish soap and let the bare plastic underneath stand.  it seems the rubber surface was made to keep it from slipping in one's hand, but only made dust and grime stick to it after all.  Poor design choices in the long run.  My tech-savvy roomie says a gentle dish soap like Dawn can be used to make it at least presentable as a bare plastic display piece.  your thoughts, folks?

1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

Yeah, has anyone figured out a good way to clean it?

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Bururian said:

oh

No worries. I’m nearly done with Kirby TD and will try and get some time into Alliance Alive tonight after work.

28 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

No worries. I’m nearly done with Kirby TD and will try and get some time into Alliance Alive tonight after work.

It's gooood.  Having put in about 14 hours in (2 of them this week ) I think I can safely say you'd like it.  If the randomness of your HP / SP gains and skill awakening doesn't bug you, the game is much more compelling than TLoL, 'cause it has a more coherent narrative and a more appealing, more connected ensemble.

Parties are 5 members large at maximum, out of a cast of 9, allowing for a diverse set of tactical options.  Given each character has their own innate proficiencies which can be improved with talent points, and a wide array of equipment to choose from, the game is very customizable, and I assume it gets more so after the point I'm at now.

Mind a word or two of advice?  I've noticed things in recent playtime I overlooked before.

1 hour ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

It's gooood.  Having put in about 14 hours in (2 of them this week ) I think I can safely say you'd like it.  If the randomness of your HP / SP gains and skill awakening doesn't bug you, the game is much more compelling than TLoL, 'cause it has a more coherent narrative and a more appealing, more connected ensemble.

Parties are 5 members large at maximum, out of a cast of 9, allowing for a diverse set of tactical options.  Given each character has their own innate proficiencies which can be improved with talent points, and a wide array of equipment to choose from, the game is very customizable, and I assume it gets more so after the point I'm at now.

Mind a word or two of advice?  I've noticed things in recent playtime I overlooked before.

I really like the weapon system. I have Azura wielding greatswords because it looks badass. I didn't play that other game, but I like this one a lot.

7 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I really like the weapon system. I have Azura wielding greatswords because it looks badass. I didn't play that other game, but I like this one a lot.

I have a formation in which Azura is the defending member up front, and the formation is named Daredevil, for reasons those sufficiently versed in the game will know. 

Haven't used Greatswords yet, except maybe with Barbarosa long ago... I'm close to getting him back.

Also, have you noticed if you press Y when selecting a target for your attack, you get a breakdown of how your formation and enemy defenses will affect the damage?  Helps out rather than hacking without prior information at all!

2 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

I have a formation in which Azura is the defending member up front, and the formation is named Daredevil, for reasons those sufficiently versed in the game will know. 

Haven't used Greatswords yet, except maybe with Barbarosa long ago... I'm close to getting him back.

Also, have you noticed if you press Y when selecting a target for your attack, you get a breakdown of how your formation and enemy defenses will affect the damage?  Helps out rather than hacking without prior information at all!

What’s funny is that you wanted to help, but before I could respond you already posted helpful info with this post.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
31 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What’s funny is that you wanted to help, but before I could respond you already posted helpful info with this post.

Yeah, sorry, when Bururian messaged about the game, I blurted it out.  Yeah, that was the thing I meant to mention.  It helps when deciding what to attack whom with, instead of blindly hoping for the best.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

If that's a joke, it's a horrible one. One might say the joke just falls flat. Like Hobo Moses's hair. 727b0628eec638bc8e7a4a2fe2894346.jpg&key=00f6e66a410e3afc5d533183cda6d427c857f551861b7f0d10d5db05a896a0fe

That’s not how you spell MopTopMo. Get it right or so help me I’ll speak in all caps to you...!

Edit: At least the game feels your same pain about his hairstyle.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
That’s not how you spell MopTopMo. Get it right or so help me I’ll speak in all caps to you...!
Edit: At least the game feels your same pain about his hairstyle.

Fixed.

THAT’S BETTE-

I mean, that’s better.

1 hour ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Yeah, sorry, when Bururian messaged about the game, I blurted it out.  Yeah, that was the thing I meant to mention.  It helps when deciding what to attack whom with, instead of blindly hoping for the best.

There, there. Just go back to your dog house and keep playing Etrian 5 and all shall be forgiven. Otherwise we’re gonna have an Old Yeller situation...

Edit: Ok, NOW Kirby Triple Deluxe is finished. It looks like it’s gonna take a while to reach 100%, but all in good time. Kirby games aren’t really difficult, but are always fun. Triple Deluxe is a fine game. Good level designs, creative backgrounds and color choices, fun new abilities, and some great references to past titles (REALLY liked the Kirby 64 callbacks since it was my first Kirby game) both in some backgrounds and in music. The return of the Ripple Star enemy gauntlet theme from Kirby 64 was a nice surprise!

The Dedede Tour you unlock sounds like fun. Always good to play as King Dedede (or Meta Knight) in an alternate mode.

• Like 1

Hey had a lot of crazy personal life stuff go on so I havent been here in about a year but I'm back! I had to find some people to talk about DQXI with! Hope you guys have been doing well this past year. Anybody else doing the Draconian Quest stuff? All I went with was "super tough enemies" and they werent joking! I've had to grind a couple levels before each boss.

Hey had a lot of crazy personal life stuff go on so I havent been here in about a year but I'm back! I had to find some people to talk about DQXI with! Hope you guys have been doing well this past year. Anybody else doing the Draconian Quest stuff? All I went with was "super tough enemies" and they werent joking! I've had to grind a couple levels before each boss.
Super Tough Enemies, No Fleeing, and XP reduction. Its...pretty hard actually. I had Shypox on but it honestly it was more annoying than challenging. No Shopping and No Armor seemed unbearable to me.

There's one lunatic here on the Den who's doing all of them at once.

I'm saving the Draconian Quest options for a second playthrough. If the game is as easy/short as people have made it out to be, this will stretch it a bit more.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?