Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

6 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

The driving episode was bad anyway

giphy.gif

Edited by Fates

Honestly my biggest problem with Kai is the voice acting. Yes Freeza is more like the JP VA now and yes Bulma was technically a bad actress in the original DB/DBZ but Dammit those voices hold nostalgia for me. I wouldn't mind it so much if they made a Dragon ball Kai for everythinf prior to DBZ but as it stands its very jarring to watch all of Dragon ball and then shift over to Dragon Ball Z with the new voices. I need a more consistent experience.

Also, that original Japanese music for DB and DBZ can never be replaced for me.

7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Also, that original Japanese music for DB and DBZ can never be replaced for me.

giphy.gif

Admittedly, I was first exposed to the Faulconer soundtrack, like most fans. But then I got the Dragon Boxes and got the original soundtrack, it just felt right.

I also like replying in gifs.

2 minutes ago, Fates said:

I also like replying in gifs.

GwtS.gif

You have a gif avie, that's cheating!

1 minute ago, Fates said:

You have a gif avie, that's cheating!

Praising the sun is never cheating.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Praising the sun is never cheating.

Disagree.

J2XXf8Nh.png

Shinji praised the sun in Eva 3.33 and his boyfriend's head exploded and he opened the Doors of Guf. That's definitely cheating.

Going to New Jersey in 10 days to visit mother-in-law with my husband, and going to play EO5 in the time on the road and in between hangouts with her.

She's a kind ol' lady, never any BS.  Her sense of humor is still working just fine, too.  Very glad to have me as a son-in-law, she is.  She sees my potential as a man, and wants to do what she can to bring it out.  I'm honored she feels I'm worthy of her son, and is kind and patient enough to make me more so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fates said:

Disagree.

J2XXf8Nh.png

Shinji praised the sun in Eva 3.33 and his boyfriend's head exploded and he opened the Doors of Guf. That's definitely cheating.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

giphy.gif

Pretty much the best way to react to Evangelion, tbh.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, Democrobot said:

Thanks my dude. Sounds like you've had quite the time yourself. Hope things straighten out for you

Things aren't bad. The single world is treating me well so far and I'm excited about the release of DQ XI.

I'll have a brand new house in two months too.

I've got a lot more good going for me than bad.

• Like 1

@Erdrick The Hero, I have some bad news for you in regards to Spyro: The Reignited Trilogy...

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/17/spyro-reignited-trilogy-delayed-until-november-2018/

Going to be painting again this weekend. This time, it is the living room and swapping out the Kitchen faucet!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

@Erdrick The Hero, I have some bad news for you in regards to Spyro: The Reignited Trilogy...

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/17/spyro-reignited-trilogy-delayed-until-november-2018/

Yeah, I saw that. A little bummed since I kinda already set aside time just for playing it around release. Hopefully the delay allows them to better polish the games (and include the entirety of all three games on the disc).

19 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Yeah, I saw that. A little bummed since I kinda already set aside time just for playing it around release. Hopefully the delay allows them to better polish the games (and include the entirety of all three games on the disc).

Yeah, no kidding. It was ridiculous they announced only the 1st game would be on disc. Activision just...well, is Activision. 

Struggling with the PTSD lately. I could really use a relaxing break from everything.

I'm just hoping for a Switch release

Going to my sister's for the weekend to watch my nieces and nephew.

On 8/14/2018 at 5:11 PM, BorisTheWizard said:

I'd certainly be willing to play with you if you decide to buy the game, though.

Alright Boris, it has happened. Used some of my birthday money to pick up a copy of DB FighterZ, so whenever you want to fight I’m game to do so too. It’ll be good practice. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Alright Boris, it has happened. Used some of my birthday money to pick up a copy of DB FighterZ, so whenever you want to fight I’m game to do so too. It’ll be good practice. 😁

Awesome, dude! I'm a bit inebriated right now, but I'll have plenty of time to play with you tomorrow if you're available.

In the meantime, I suggest you watch this vid on how combos work: 

Also, www.turtlehermitschool.com is an excellent resource for people like you and myself who are new to fighting games. Highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Life's, well, it's going.  I can't wait for DQ XI, and I can live with the spyro game being booted back a bit as I do not expect to be done with DQXI for a while (or any other games I've been tackling recently).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Awesome, dude! I'm a bit inebriated right now, but I'll have plenty of time to play with you tomorrow if you're available.

In the meantime, I suggest you watch this vid on how combos work: 

Also, www.turtlehermitschool.com is an excellent resource for people like you and myself who are new to fighting games. Highly recommend it.

Sure, works for me. In that case I’ll keep messing around in The King of Fighters XIV. I’ve been wanting to finish unlocking the full gallery in that game since I love the artwork of KoF.

Thanks for the video too. Some people rip on Max, but the guy can be helpful with tutorial videos and his online warrior series can be pretty entertaining. He’s the guy who really helped me get into Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

This game (DB FighterZ) reminds me a lot of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. I have spent way too much time playing that game over the years. It the first more traditional fighting game I played, and when it released I spent a good deal of time figuring out quarter circle, half circle, etc. motions and the like since I wasn’t used to doing that.

AustNerevar Jr. was born at 9:26 AM CST this morning. 7 pounds and 7 ounces.

His original due date was on the same day as the DQ XI release, but he was really fed up being stuck inside the womb and decided to come out at 37 weeks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

AustNerevar Jr. was born at 9:26 AM CST this morning. 7 pounds and 7 ounces.

His original due date was on the same day as the DQ XI release, but he was really fed up being stuck inside the womb and decided to come out at 37 weeks.

CONGRATS!!