I miss sleep
Welcome to the club.

Plattym4 had his birthday this week. Drove to Tampa for the Bucs game and ran to the stadium to avoid a storm. Game got a huge delay, but we waited it out and having a great time!

fed79066556d3e88c01470c9abaa8dcd.jpg
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

The lost dog has come back to town! Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting! I have missed this place!

I had a bit of a crazy start to my week but yesterday my wife and I were able to find out the gender of our baby. It's a girl! We had a party with my family and you can be damn sure my she-slime plush

Posted Images

Had a bit of good luck tonight. I’ll let this explain what happened.

The difference here is that I didn’t fall and lose the money out an open window.

Hmm. I need about 100 hours of human service volunteer work/employment before I can apply to return to school. This may take a while to do

I really have to stop going to twitter. There are some cool folk there I stay for, though. Also its not blocked at work.

But, some people there... my god, the egos.

Sorry, just had to ramble a little.

Hello everyone! It's been a minute since I last visited, but holy hell have things been crazy! My wife and I welcomed a baby girl a few years back, and she'll be 2-1/2 here soon. I feel like a jerk that I haven't visited since I last posted about my surgery back in 2015, but between my daughter, work, and a lot of stuff going on otherwise I haven't really had much time to do much. Kids are great and being a Dad is the best thing ever!!!

• Like 1

Hey, actually had a positive GameStop experience!

I walk in and the clerk is talking about how he might hold off on Spider-Man because Dragon Quest XI is coming out in the same week and he’s a huge fan. Then, I found a somewhat rare Vita game for a good price (they actually have some decently hard to find Vita games overall in good used condition).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, HeavyQ said:

Hello everyone! It's been a minute since I last visited, but holy hell have things been crazy! My wife and I welcomed a baby girl a few years back, and she'll be 2-1/2 here soon. I feel like a jerk that I haven't visited since I last posted about my surgery back in 2015, but between my daughter, work, and a lot of stuff going on otherwise I haven't really had much time to do much. Kids are great and being a Dad is the best thing ever!!!

I remember you, I think you had the Estark avie. Welcome back, and congrats on the family :)

There are some from the old days I wonder if we'll see again with DQXI. The old chat room crew would be nice to see again.

Anyways my life recently has been... same old. I'm working through some things with therapy, but it's slow progress. Social anxiety really sucks let me tell you. Also work, lots and lots of work. I need a vacation but I ain't go no days since I got really sick at the end of June.

Yesterday was busy for a Saturday, so I’m glad today can be a relaxing Sunday...unless I have to go and mow since the neighbor is mowing. Not really sure why he is since it’s supposed to rain, but the guy can’t seem to sit still for 5 minutes.

Anyway, used the surprise $20 I found to purchase some of the DLC characters in (like I have to say the name of the game right now) DB FighterZ, and have been practicing a team of Hit, Majin Buu, and Broly.

So basically I’m playing as an assasin voiced by the stellar Matt Mercer, Kirby if he were bigger, and the word of the day is “KAKAROOOOOOOOT!”

But-but, 2015 was just a couple of weeks ago.
3 minutes ago, Fates said:

Hey ArcSys where's our Sailor Moon fighter?

Also, happy 18th to DQ7.

Also debating on whether or not I need to add this to my K-On stuff: https://www.rightstufanime.com/K-ON-Complete-Collection-Premium-Box-Set-Blu-ray

It's not an actual gig box, so I'm leaning towards No.

They’re making a Kill la Kill fighter. Isn’t that close enough?

2 minutes ago, TheKingOfTheDragovians said:

Hunter x Hunter fighter when ArcSys?

I’d play it.

Also a One Punch Man fighting game. Just level out the playing field like on DB FighterZ.

I feel like DB Fighter really opened up the mainstream to anime fighters. Now they just gotta make good ones and not ones that are cash-ins, that's the tricky part. DB Fighter was a labor of love and it shows. The upcoming My Hero Academia fighter looks like it's just fulfilling the need for a video game, I hope I'm wrong.

I spent the weekend driving down to my mom's beach house. Once there I got her Internet modem installed and working so I could connect her tv to Netflix, Hulu, and Vudu. Then on Sunday, I emptied out an overgrown koi pond that was in her front yard. 15 years ago when they put it in, it probably looked awesome, but the renter that lived there before she bought it just let it go. All the lights around it were busted, the plants had gotten overgrown and there were no fish in it, just lizards, frogs, snakes and mucky water. So I removed the stone lining the edge, pulled out the massive water lilly plants, then bucket brigaded the water out until I got to the bottom. After that, I pulled out the liner and and pushed two huge rocks into the hole. After that I dumped 15 bags of compost dirt into the hole, packed it down, and laid roofing paper over it to prevent plants from growing there. (I don't know if that is good for the environment but it is what she wanted to use).  After that I dumped out 15 bags of rocks o top of that to match the existing rocks that are in that bed now. We probably could have used another 5 bags of rocks, but we ran out of time, and that  is something that she can add later.

So yeah, I am happy to be back at work where I can rest.

• Like 1

First day of the Fall semester was fine. My intro to CSCI II course went as expected, and it seems like my Calc I class will be my throwaway course this semester.

Tomorrow I find out what my Discrete Structures class finally is, and then I get to enter the dreaded Japanese 201. Everything about the Japanese language left my brain over the Summer X_X

Man, it’s been over 12 hours and still no electricity. Last night at a quarter till 6 PM a real bad storm rolled through most of eastern Iowa. The wind ended up taking down a lot of power lines, as in it snapped the poles entirely, and a few schools are delayed.

You don’t realize how much you miss electricity until it’s gone.

Before the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update, I used to turn on my laptop and the home screen would instantly pop up. Now it takes way too long and I have practically nothing running at startup.

Rolled it back. It kept downloading it. Kept rolling it back. It was giving me a shut down/restart and update and shut down/restart option, so I chose the regular one. Staved it off for months until it did it automatically. I've done everything I possibly can to turn off Windows Update. Disabled the components, edited the registry, etc. It keeps turning itself back on. Not once has it made my system perform better. It just makes it worse!

Last night it finally installed an update I'd been killing because it was using 100% of my CPU. Now It doesn't show anything I've had pinned to my Start Menu. Try to pin it again and it just shows a blank box that doesn't work.

What the #$*!?

Currently at my grandparents’ house until the power comes back on at home. At least checking YouTube this morning I found this.

Cooler will be fun to use alongside Frieza.

Oh, and this video too.

Hellpockets is one of my favorite commentators for King of Fighters tournaments, so cool to see him showing off the character along with Maximillian. 

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

Before the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update, I used to turn on my laptop and the home screen would instantly pop up. Now it takes way too long and I have practically nothing running at startup.

Rolled it back. It kept downloading it. Kept rolling it back. It was giving me a shut down/restart and update and shut down/restart option, so I chose the regular one. Staved it off for months until it did it automatically. I've done everything I possibly can to turn off Windows Update. Disabled the components, edited the registry, etc. It keeps turning itself back on. Not once has it made my system perform better. It just makes it worse!

Last night it finally installed an update I'd been killing because it was using 100% of my CPU. Now It doesn't show anything I've had pinned to my Start Menu. Try to pin it again and it just shows a blank box that doesn't work.

What the #$*!?

That is called a "feature" you didn't need those anyway, Micro$oft know what you need....

The opposite of Microsoft is Ultrahard

So, this morning my friend went in for surgery to remove her cancer, since she finished radiation and chemotherapy. I'll be going to visit her likely this afternoon, assuming she feels well enough for some company.

3 hours ago, Dwaine said:

What the #$*!?

#$*! like this is why I've stayed on Windows 7. There's only two features I'm missing out on; DirectX 12 and Minecraft (Bedrock) - because it's a Windows "app" rather than a desktop application. It'd be nice to have DX12, but I haven't run across anything I want/need that requires it. Plus, I'm sure OpenGL/Vulkan will cover the void in most cases anyway. And while I'd like to have Minecraft (Bedrock) on my computer, I've already got it on my Switch, and I've got a buddy who's got it on Windows. I'm sure if I ever need to copy a world to PC at some point, I could use his computer to copy it and then convert it for Java.

20 hours later, I finally have electricity again!

• Like 1
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?