@AustNerevar Congrats my dude! May you and Jr. save the world together

@Plattym3 Congrats as well! You've been working towards that for a while. Proud of you!

I spent my weekend watching the kids and pets. Despite being tired from the poor sleep, I did enjoy myself. They were trouble but I managed and even tapped into my unused talent of being good with children. I could see myself doing this type of work. I know a manager and an owner for a group home company, so I could probably work this out.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

[mention=66483]AustNerevar[/mention] Congrats my dude! May you and Jr. save the world together
[mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] Congrats as well! You've been working towards that for a while. Proud of you!
I spent my weekend watching the kids and pets. Despite being tired from the poor sleep, I did enjoy myself. They were trouble but I managed and even tapped into my unused talent of being good with children. I could see myself doing this type of work. I know a manager and an owner for a group home company, so I could probably work this out.
I've started my 19th year of teaching. Very rewarding work, working with children!
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, Democrobot said:
[mention=66483]AustNerevar[/mention] Congrats my dude! May you and Jr. save the world together
[mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] Congrats as well! You've been working towards that for a while. Proud of you!

I've started my 19th year of teaching. Very rewarding work, working with children!

I've spoken with 3 of the children that I would be working with and they would like me to officially be working with them instead of just visiting with them. I think that says a lot about what I can do if 3 trauma children want me in their lives.

• Like 1
I've spoken with 3 of the children that I would be working with and they would like me to officially be working with them instead of just visiting with them. I think that says a lot about what I can do if 3 trauma children want me in their lives.
That's awesome!
21 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
21 hours ago, Democrobot said:

That's awesome!

Perhaps we can discuss working with children. You've got more experience than anyone else I know and I'm sure your experiences would prove most valuable.

On a similar note, I'm going back to watch my sisters kids tomorrow evening until sometime Friday

• Like 1

Spending my night watching LRR's Talking Simulator playthrough of Nier: Automata. Very entertaining.

I think it's like ~20 hours from start to finish, though, so I'm not gonna be finishing it tonight.

• Like 1

A lot of monthly comics I’m reading are ending and none aside from Justice League Dark are coming in to fill the hole. Spider-Gwen ended in July (I’m on the fence about reading Ghost Spider), Batwoman ended this month, ASM: Renew Your Vows ends in September, and Old Man Logan in October (potentially Moon Knight as well). Daredevil seems like it’s concluding in November as well, but there’ll always be a Daredevil comic and I’ll always be picking it up.

This works out well because this’ll make the transition to trades a lot easier.

11 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

I think it's like ~20 hours from start to finish, though, so I'm not gonna be finishing it tonight.

Well, not with that attitude.

• Like 1

Have wondered about my son's kindergarten teacher. She didn't look at that familiar from the kindergarten roundup we attended in May, but figured it was my memory because why wouldn't the team of 6 teachers they said we'd have be the team of 6 teaching in August? Well, my wife went to Open House tonight and some things the girl said were a bit making her think she's on the new side. She's got a very uncommon last name, so a little Googling and yeah... she just graduated from college and moved down here. Ugh. I know that's not always bad, but we chose to do kindergarten at this specific school after meeting the teachers in May.

This might explain some things. Twice out of 7 days of school he barely ate lunch as the teacher didn't send him with his lunch box and once the lunch ladies didn't let him get lunch. He also pooped his pants one days and was sent home in #$*!, the teacher never noticed. Trying hard to ride it out and not feel that we rushed our late August birthday kid to kindergarten as a 4 year old too soon.

Spending my night watching LRR's Talking Simulator playthrough of Nier: Automata. Very entertaining.

2X it.

• Like 1

Applied to 13 jobs today. Since the group home position won't be created for a while yet, I figured it may be a good idea to get some work in the meantime and get used to being around others.

• Like 2

I just got word that my great aunt passed away. 2018 has cost me to lose a lot...

4 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I just got word that my great aunt passed away. 2018 has cost me to lose a lot...

I, as well: both my parents.

You've still got your friends here, though.

Let me know here or in PM if you need anything.

I just bought my wife a WOW subscription last night. Sadly, it wouldn't play on her Mac Mini anymore, so she took over my gaming PC. :(

Still, hopefully, this will allow me to build a new PC, since mine is a 2013 AMD with a mid-grade 2014 graphics card.

Making a new thread to promote an obscure RPG series poised for a revival, a worthy comptetitor to Fire Emblem

https://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37966-langrisser-warsong/&tab=comments#comment-517055

17 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Despite owning the game for a week longer than @YangustheLegendaryBandit, he has thoroughly bested me at DBFZ.

I guess my only course of action is to GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND...mediocrity...

Hey, don’t worry. When you play Cell like I do, you just end up being...perfect.

(In all seriousness @BorisTheWizard, I’ve just been practicing/trying a number of things while playing story mode battles, so that explains what happened with the Frieza matches. I had fun playing, and definitely want to play again. Maybe we can practice online together at some point. I THINK you can practice mode online with another player?)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hey, don’t worry. When you play Cell like I do, you just end up being...perfect.

(In all seriousness @BorisTheWizard, I’ve just been practicing/trying a number of things while playing story mode battles, so that explains what happened with the Frieza matches. I had fun playing, and definitely want to play again. Maybe we can practice online together at some point. I THINK you can practice mode online with another player?)

*points to King Trode quote in your Signature* ;)

I don't know if there's a dedicated multiplayer practice mode, but I've also never checked. Regardless, I'm down to train with you...Senpai :wuvwuv:

43 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

*points to King Trode quote in your Signature* ;)

I don't know if there's a dedicated multiplayer practice mode, but I've also never checked. Regardless, I'm down to train with you...Senpai :wuvwuv:

As my first decree you shall only call me Perfect Yangus!

Second....one thing to practice is:

Light, crouching Light, medium, cr. Medium, heavy (then again for the follow up), air light, air medium, jump, air medium, air heavy. This works with most characters I’ve found, with some exceptions such as Hit.

34 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

As my first decree you shall only call me Perfect Yangus!

Second....one thing to practice is:

Light, crouching Light, medium, cr. Medium, heavy (then again for the follow up), air light, air medium, jump, air medium, air heavy. This works with most characters I’ve found, with some exceptions such as Hit.

Yeah, that's one of the combos I've been working on. I've actually gotten some longer combos down decently accurate, but trying to pull them off outside of Practice mode is a whole other ball game, especially considering how fast this game is.

In other news, I only have like ~4 more hours left of this Nier Automata playthrough left to watch. Maybe I'll finish tonight?

59 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Yeah, that's one of the combos I've been working on. I've actually gotten some longer combos down decently accurate, but trying to pull them off outside of Practice mode is a whole other ball game, especially considering how fast this game is.

It probably helps in my case I played a lot of Tatsunoko vs Capcom (how many times have I mentioned that game now in the past 4 days?) so a lot of what I remember from that game seems to have transferred over the last few days. Watching some top players made me go “Ok, go for that,” as well. I can’t get the dragon rush to combo well in the middle of a combo, but I did find out using it after a vanish works if the vanish causes a wall bounce.

It’s slowly coming together, but compared to how I played on Sunday I’ve done alright.

I want to play as Hit at some point. Doing his practice combos in training mode, he seems like a fun character, but one that requires more input than others. Seeing Maximillian mess around with him as well makes me want to experiment some.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

6/7 episodes of this Nier Let's play finished. 3 hours left. Think I'm just gonna say screw it and finish it off tonight.

If I come back tomorrow and my soul is completely and utterly destroyed, you'll know what happened.

Had all kinds of matches in Dragon Ball FighterZ throughout the evening tonight. Ran a good set with @TheKingOfTheDragovians for about 40 minutes. And of course had some fun matches with Boris earlier.

If anyone else on the Den has the game, I’d love to run some matches. We could get a ring match set up for multiple people to rotate in.

I haven’t finished X-Factor yet (still have the End of X-Factor storyline left), but I’m really disappointed in the Hell on Earth War. I knew the fallout of the story and the emotional stakes and all that jazz but hadn’t actually read it until tonight. It pretty much went against everything that was great about the last 9 or so years of X-Factor that I read in like three months.

First, almost instantly Jaime is killed off and turned into a demon and does mostly nothing. The heart and soul of the team, the leader, and he’s missing for most of the story, leaving Polaris, a somewhat fresh face to the team, as the de facto leader. Guido was always the wise guy of the crew, and he provided the comic relief in a lot of cases alongside Jaime, but now he’s a soulless bad guy with no clear goal (he says he has his own agenda, but the only thing he accomplishes is resurrecting Monet, whose death he didn’t see coming before he declared he had some reason for participating in the battle). Rahne’s son doesn’t want to kill people to end the war, but decides to anyways to protect the team, and even muses on the fact that his innocence is gone, only to then be killed immediately after giving in to his role). Layla’s whole shtick is “she knows stuff,” but instead she acts as a human force field for the team because she has no clue what the future holds anymore. Shatterstar and Rictor are blown to pieces. I don’t think Longshot even did anything. And I know Terry returns in the last issue, but it was incredibly bizarre to me that she doesn’t swoop in to help out considering she offered to be there if Jaime needed her. She was a part of the story for all but the last 6 issues leading up to the Hell on Earth War and they did a big final battle without her when they are fighting Hell Lords when she herself has become a sort of god.

The issue here is, most of these characters start the story stripped of what made them so indispensable to this series, but instead of facing insurmountable odds and then coming together as a team or going back to what made them so uniquely X-Factor as they win the day, Jaime stays a demon, Guido becomes the ruler of Hell, Rahne’s son dies, Rictor, Shatterstar, and Longshot do nothing. They all wanted to find another way to win the War, yet in the end, they revert to their original “make Tier kill the Hell Lords” plan that they fought so hard to avoid. Basically, it’s the last big arc of the comic and nothing about the characters that made it so great is on display.

Also, they can supposedly win the day by killing all the Hell Lords but it is firmly stated that they eventually revive back in their respective underworlds, they are just slow to returning to Earth, so how does killing them temporarily end the war??

As an aside since I’m on about X-Factor, I read that Guido killing Rahne’s child was addressed (which is important since they’re on the same team) and basically she forgives him in the end because he wasn’t in control of his mind and he feels guilty about what happened.

Had another stint with the kids. Tiring but worth it. I'll whip them into shape yet.

Today was my great aunt's funeral. I wasn't able to make it unfortunately.

This baby stuff is hard.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?