Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I have slept for a total of 5 hours last night.

Lucky!

Coaching is going to end badly. We're confident on about 3/12 challenges with our robot and have 2 more that we should be able to do with a couple tries. Other than that, it's going to be hell.

There's another cute girl flirting with me at work. I'm not gonna let this opportunity slip outta my hands like last time. Unless, you know, I get friendzoned before I have money to take her on a date, which isn't really something I can control at this point. (School bills are coming up so I can't spend right now. And then I have to finish christmas shopping before I can spend money on people outside my immediate family.)

Dude, you have enough money for coffee, right? Try something casual first. No need to save up $50 if you're going to get rejected. Put $10 on the line and ask her out asap for just something small. Take a risk. A fiscally responsible and non-friendzonable risk!

I have slept for a total of 5 hours last night. The penicillin is making me worse.

Sorry to hear that. It's been a rough week for you. Hope things take a turn for the better tonight & this weekend!

I'm uh... not entirely sure how to ask her without sounding desperate. But I'm going to try and find her on facebook tonight, and send a friend request.

Erdrick: Yo. Wanna catch a cup of coffee after work?

Girl: Get bent.

Erdrick: .............

Girl: FALCON PUNCH!!

Wait. That's not quite how things work, is it?

No "yo"

You don't "catch" coffee, you catch a ballgame on TV.

Haven't been told to "get bent" wince the 1990s.

But yeah, the falcon punch thing is standard.

Lucky!

Coaching is going to end badly. We're confident on about 3/12 challenges with our robot and have 2 more that we should be able to do with a couple tries. Other than that, it's going to be hell.

There's another cute girl flirting with me at work. I'm not gonna let this opportunity slip outta my hands like last time. Unless, you know, I get friendzoned before I have money to take her on a date, which isn't really something I can control at this point. (School bills are coming up so I can't spend right now. And then I have to finish christmas shopping before I can spend money on people outside my immediate family.)

Dude, you have enough money for coffee, right? Try something casual first. No need to save up $50 if you're going to get rejected. Put $10 on the line and ask her out asap for just something small. Take a risk. A fiscally responsible and non-friendzonable risk!

I have slept for a total of 5 hours last night. The penicillin is making me worse.

Sorry to hear that. It's been a rough week for you. Hope things take a turn for the better tonight & this weekend!
I'm uh... not entirely sure how to ask her without sounding desperate. But I'm going to try and find her on facebook tonight, and send a friend request.

No "yo"

It must just be a Canadian thing then

Got Smash Wii U last night, played it most of the night and will probably do the same today. As expected, I love Shulk, but unexpectedly, Wii Fit Trainer is fun, too.

Got Alpha Sapphire last night. Great game. I love it! I recommend getting the Hoenn remakes.

Last night I slept for nearly 10 hours! It felt great.

• Upvote 2

It's been a cycle of work and sleep the last 24 hours so now I'm gonna unwind for the rest of today and tomorrow and plow through Omega Ruby.

Holy $#!&! We won!

5e4487a3fe534aaffe9e031b51fc16a7.jpg

We won the best robot run. And then held on through a couple sketchy performances in the other 2 judged competitions to take overall first place! Now to repeat this feat in 3 weeks at the qualifier tournament.

Well congratulations on winning! Do we get to see pictures of your creation?

Erdrick, my last three dates:

Me: "Hi, my name's Alex."  *holds out hand*

Best conversation starter ever.

10 minutes pass.

Me: "Hey, I have to run, would you like to chat over a cup of coffee sometime?"

I got her number if she was interested, if not, then no.  It's just about being casual and yourself, that's it.  No real game, as Platty says, no perfect pitch for a date.  Just ask, though yeah, Falcon Punches can be thrown.

Or this one girl I met while I was at work, a few years back.

Me: "Wow, you're gorgeous."  <<-she was pretty

Her: "Uh, thank you..."  *her eyes lit up though, and she went crimson*

Me: "Sorry, what are you looking for."

Sold her a camera.  She came in the next day, asked me to come with her for a cup of coffee.  I said yes.  We stayed in the coffee shop for about 5 hours, and it closed.  I liked her so I wanted to continue the conversation.

Me: "Are you doing anything later tonight."

...we went to a bar.  Had a few drinks.  Long story short, we ended up in my car for 3 hours, parked outside her house, until she had to go inside.  It was 3am by that point.  We started a relationship right then and there.  Didn't work out, but it was a good time, and we're still friends.

Sure you could strike out though, but it's just about being relaxed and talking to a girl like she's a person.  The more relaxed you are, the easier it is to allow you and her to figure out if you actually like one another, rather than force it and hope they respond.

Edited by ignasia7

Erdrick, my last three dates:

Me: "Hi, my name's Alex."  *holds out hand*

Best conversation starter ever.

10 minutes pass.

Me: "Hey, I have to run, would you like to chat over a cup of coffee sometime?"

I got her number if she was interested, if not, then no.  It's just about being casual and yourself, that's it.  No real game, as Platty says, no perfect pitch for a date.  Just ask, though yeah, Falcon Punches can be thrown.

Or this one girl I met while I was at work, a few years back.

Me: "Wow, you're gorgeous."  <<-she was pretty

Her: "Uh, thank you..."  *her eyes lit up though, and she went crimson*

Me: "Sorry, what are you looking for."

Sold her a camera.  She came in the next day, asked me to come with her for a cup of coffee.  I said yes.  We stayed in the coffee shop for about 5 hours, and it closed.  I liked her so I wanted to continue the conversation.

Me: "Are you doing anything later tonight."

...we went to a bar.  Had a few drinks.  Long story short, we ended up in my car for 3 hours, parked outside her house, until she had to go inside.  It was 3am by that point.  We started a relationship right then and there.  Didn't work out, but it was a good time, and we're still friends.

Sure you could strike out though, but it's just about being relaxed and talking to a girl like she's a person.  The more relaxed you are, the easier it is to allow you and her to figure out if you actually like one another, rather than force it and hope they respond.

*takes notes* Hmm. Interesting. And the lack of a Falcon Punch. How intriguing. Very cheap, yet socially acceptable.

Nice post Iggy! Yeah, you gotta go with Nike's slogan: Just Do It. There's no perfect time, perfect moment, or perfect line.

38810424fd19587ff1183a0a5dacf47a.jpg

Here's our robot. We got zero points for originality as it's the Lego educational robot with few to none parts we designed. However, there's a tire on front we used as a catapult. One of the 14 challenges is to shoot that ball from a location about a foot away, over that wall, and into the net. We were the only one of 14 teams to hit that challenge. And we only did it one our final run. We got 3 tries to score points.

First try - we scored 15 points due to about 70 points of penalties. We learned a lot about judging and had 30 mins till our 2nd run.

Second try - scored 85 points after rewriting a program and redesigning a couple small things. Missed a couple challenges we'd tried. Stupid schedule had us doing our next run 5 mins later. Judge asked if we needed more time, my team said, "no."

Third try - scored 160 points, nailing all bit one tiny part of every challenge we attempted. The next best run of day (out of all 13 teams) was 100 points. We nailed that local tournament!!

Nice robot. Now that local is done, time to move up to whatever comes after local.

So, Stella from DQIX visited the store I work at today...and I kid you not on that. A girl (possible my age or close to it) came in and had blonde hair like Stella's, tanned skin, and a "loud" outfit on.  She certainly had the attitude to be Stella too.  All I needed to hear her say was she was playing "the slow fyggy game" and I'd be convinced it was her in the flesh.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Watched the Pacman-Algieri bout.

What I learned: Fall down 6 times, stand up 7. Respect to Algieri.

Nice robot. Now that local is done, time to move up to whatever comes after local.

The stormy center to that silver lining? It was a pre-qualifier tournament. Gotta finish top 4 in three weeks to advance to regionals. I'd say top 1 at the tournament yesterday means we're probably top 4, or close to it already.

The stormy center to that silver lining? It was a pre-qualifier tournament. Gotta finish top 4 in three weeks to advance to regionals. I'd say top 1 at the tournament yesterday means we're probably top 4, or close to it already.

Well, considering how well you did, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make top 4.

So, Stella from DQIX visited the store I work at today...and I kid you not on that. A girl (possible my age or close to it) came in and had blonde hair like Stella's, tanned skin, and a "loud" outfit on.  She certainly had the attitude to be Stella too.  All I needed to hear her say was she was playing "the slow fyggy game" and I'd be convinced it was her in the flesh.

Shoulda asked 'er out, matey. Any girl 'oo looks like Stella can't be all that bad. Just dress in some beat up clothes and run around yelling "STELLA!!" (I couldn't resist making a reference to that play).

Speaking of plays, in The Three Musketeers, my director is considering switching my roles a bit so that I lose one innkeeper, but I gain Grimaud so that I can add a comedic tone to the play.

• Upvote 1

My stepmom took the week off work. All my plans for today are now down the drain. No loud music. No non-stop video games. No hogging the internet bandwidth. Damnit! Mondays are my only *me* days of the week!

Feeling a lot better today. Should be back to school tomorrow. I'll have to work hard to catch up on everything.

• Upvote 1

The roads have become slick thanks to the weather here in Iowa. Took me way too long to get to classes this morning. Luckily tomorrow is my last day of classes so as soon as I get done I can head straight home for Thanksgiving break.

Fell back down the Project Diva rabbit hole again. I only have two games for my Vita (P4G and Project Diva) and I've already used it more than I have my two-year-old 3DS.

Gotta max those Social Links, right? :P

Of course. Anything for Rise-Chan.

Oh, man. I wish I was there to see that.

@Platty: Congratulations on the win, man! :D

I'm busy collecting Smash Bros trophies (they're so addicting) and playing Sapphire on my 3DS.

Spent most of today playing Alpha Sapphire. 6 gyms down now. I still don't have a 6th Pokemon yet.

Lucky!

No "yo"

Wouldn't that Falcon Punch count as assault? :P