So, I couldn't make it to the draft position pick of my main league, and coincidentally I was picked to be position 10/10. Total coincidence, I'm sure. <_<

Gotta crush my league this year to show these #$*!ers who's boss.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

I've been trying to work on my treatment by browsing jobs in my area (can't really go beyond it) and so far, looks bleak. My best (and only) option is back to Starbucks. Which unfortunately will not happen because I prefer places that actually train you and report injuries, not scapegoat anyone they can't bully around. School is no better. Nothing part time with small classes nor much interest in anything at all. Since these are meant to encourage social communication for treatment, online work/classes are redundant.

14 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

So, I couldn't make it to the draft position pick of my main league, and coincidentally I was picked to be position 10/10. Total coincidence, I'm sure. <_<

Gotta crush my league this year to show these #$*!ers who's boss.

That reminds me...

It is raining and I am quite happy about that. I'm a sucker for some good rain.

• Upvote 1

Went to a con for a day. Friend wanted to meet Chris Sabat, so yesterday I bought a My Hero Academia poster at Walmart of all places and got All Might’s and Deku’s autograph. It’s got the entire class on it so it’ll be fun going to various cons seeing how many signatures I can accumulate.

• Upvote 1

My phone charger is going to poo. I'm going to have to go buy a replacement one. Luckily the store is not too far away so I can walk there and back if the weather is nice tomorrow. It'll take up a chunk of my day but the fresh air and walk should prove to be refreshing for me.

In treatment news, since I need to either work or go back to school, I've decided to attempt to compile a list of all my skills, many of which are business related in the management, administration, and HR sectors. I'm hoping I can find something not too stressful and within reasonable distance. Bonus points if said work is able to work around my appointments. They're basically every 6-8 weeks for orthodontist work, every 3 months for a teeth cleaning, and like 3 times a year or less for surgery related stuff (except for post op, that varies by procedure). It's a little more than most people but I feel I make up for it by being able to do the missed work at home if needed since I don't have many evening/weekend commitments. It's a matter of selling myself.

This past weekend I spent all day Saturday and most of Sunday priming and painting my hallways and foyer. 13' ceilings suck when you have to paint them, especially when they have crown molding. Saturday was brutal, as I was painting the wall with the thermostat on it, so the AC was off all day and it got up to 87 inside the house at 10PM by the time I setup the new thermostat. I should note to anyone that wants to upgrade to a nice new thermostat, you will need to have a power wire ran from your furnace to the thermostat to power it.

So I will try to get some pics of the newly painted rooms, but they went from a dusty yellow to nice dark grey. The Wife and I love the color, but after living there for 11 years, it is taking some getting used to seeing it so different and updated.  This weekend, I am going to upgrade my Kitchen faucet and paint the living room.

Edited by cobolisdead

I’m off to see Jim Gaffigan in half an hour at the Iowa State Fair! His show starts at 8 PM tonight. It’s a bit of drive to the fair from where I live, but it will be worth it. Gotta get a corn dog and maybe a fried snicker before the show starts.

14 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m off to see Jim Gaffigan in half an hour at the Iowa State Fair! His show starts at 8 PM tonight. It’s a bit of drive to the fair from where I live, but it will be worth it. Gotta get a corn dog and maybe a fried snicker before the show starts.

That sounds like it might take too long. If you need to rush out, I’d recommend a Hot Pocket or something.

Yesterday I walked 12.5 km. I'm feeling it today.

Also, last night was an awful night. PTSD can ligma balls

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, eal said:

That sounds like it might take too long. If you need to rush out, I’d recommend a Hot Pocket or something.

I’d better get a chicken pot pie Hot Pocket. Or the Hot Pocket Hot Pocket. That one is a Hot Pocket filled with Hot Pockets. It tastes just like a Hot Pocket.

Hot Pocket!

6 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

DBFZ has got me in the mood more Dragonball, since I've never watched the original series. Started a 2-week free trial on Funimation to watch it!

Can I get through 150+ episodes in 2 weeks? Let's hope so!

After watching the game at EVO earlier this month, I’ve been really tempted to buy the game. There were some really hype moments, and since it’s an Arc System fighting game there’s a good chance I’ll enjoy it.

Do you play the game online at all Boris? If you do (and if I get the game sometime soon), would you be up for some online matches?

5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

After watching the game at EVO earlier this month, I’ve been really tempted to buy the game. There were some really hype moments, and since it’s an Arc System fighting game there’s a good chance I’ll enjoy it.

Do you play the game online at all Boris? If you do (and if I get the game sometime soon), would you be up for some online matches?

If you like both DBZ and ASW games, it's certainly a must buy.

That being said, I have not played online yet for two reasons:

1: I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur II, so I'm basically learning the genre from scratch.

2. My PS4 is connected to the internet via wi-fi, not a hard connection. Our internet is fast enough that I don't think it's a huge issue, but I don't want to get angry messages from strangers on the internet :P

I'd certainly be willing to play with you if you decide to buy the game, though.

35 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

If you like both DBZ and ASW games, it's certainly a must buy.

That being said, I have not played online yet for two reasons:

1: I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur II, so I'm basically learning the genre from scratch.

2. My PS4 is connected to the internet via wi-fi, not a hard connection. Our internet is fast enough that I don't think it's a huge issue, but I don't want to get angry messages from strangers on the internet :P

I'd certainly be willing to play with you if you decide to buy the game, though.

Nice. DBZ is one of the few animes I like, though it may have to do with the Toriyama artstyle. It’s actually been in my adult years I’ve liked the series more and had more interest compared to when I was a kid. At some point I’ll need to check out DBZ Kai.

Anyway, that would be fun to do. I’m sure I’ll do poorly at first, and I have a feeling some of the characters I want to play are ok in the meta. I know for sure Krillin will be one of my team members, Cell as well since he’s my favorite villain. 3rd character....no idea. Maybe one of the Gohans.

1 hour ago, BorisTheWizard said:

DBFZ has got me in the mood more Dragonball, since I've never watched the original series. Started a 2-week free trial on Funimation to watch it!

Can I get through 150+ episodes in 2 weeks? Let's hope so!

It’s like $4 a month.

3 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Oh dang, better finish DBZ as well! Gotta get my money's worth!

If you have Crunchyroll you can pay an extra dollar and get VRV that includes Crunchyroll and Funimation.

• Upvote 1

The original Dragon Ball is the GOAT. There's nothing quite like it. DBZ is also good, of course, and I liked it all the way through.

GT, generally bad, has some GREAT designs from Toriyama. Worth checking out just for that. Also mustache Vegeta.

Now Super... well... eh.

4 minutes ago, Fates said:

The original Dragon Ball is the GOAT. There's nothing quite like it. DBZ is also good, of course, and I liked it all the way through.

GT, generally bad, has some GREAT designs from Toriyama. Worth checking out just for that. Also mustache Vegeta.

Now Super... well... eh.

Hey, Super has this scene, so there isn’t a variant of Dragon Ball around that can beat it.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Fates said:

Now Super... well... eh.

From what I’ve seen of Super, it’s okay. I like several of the new characters introduced in the series, such as Hit and the even worse version of Freeza, Chill.

I don't have much of a problem with Super, even if it's only because it's less of an embarrassment than GT. The animation is all over the place, and some of the plot points feel rushed, but at the end of the day it feels like a logical extension of Z.

Also, Black and Zamasu are both sick in DBFZ ;) 

Edited by BorisTheWizard
17 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

I don't have much of a problem with Super, even if it's only because it's less of an embarrassment than GT. The animation is all over the place, and some of the plot points feel rushed, but at the end of the day it feels like a logical extension of Z.

Also, Black and Zamasu are both sick in DBFZ ;) 

From what gameplay I’ve seen, Black is easily one of the best assist characters along with Super Saiyan Vegeta. Beam assists are always so good in tag team games like this.

Anyway, almost time for Jim Gaffigan!

0l0Ocys.jpg

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?