Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

So you know that bank job I applied for way back in May? Yeah, they only now have contacted me to tell me I didn’t get the job. Why on earth did they wait 2 months just to tell me that? Guess it’s a good thing I’ve been applying for other jobs.
Honestly a pretty bad end to an overall shitty week.
I never understand the inability of some for the common courtesy "no" reply to anything: jobs, dates, party RSVP, etc.

It's the weekend, Twinsie. End of the line for bad times, hope next week is on the upswing!

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I never understand the inability of some for the common courtesy "no" reply to anything: jobs, dates, party RSVP, etc.

Same. To me, it is just the polite thing to do. I can understand in some cases where there may be hundreds of applicants that it isn't feasible to reply to all those who didn't get it but in those cases there are usually more than one wave of interviews so they could totally do it after the number thins down.

I've been doing reading on anxiety disorders and relating them to my current condition. It would appear that my physical pain (burning, aches, pins and needles, numbness) would be due to compression on the nerves hence why none of the tests have shown anything wrong. Would also explain with the pain spreads through the body as muscles are everywhere. Lack of blood flow to hands and feet are also common with anxiety. Compression of organs from the body tensing up is not unheard of either. Much of my physical ailments can be traced to anxiety. As it stands though, I have no reason to be anxious so if I had to place my best judgement on the situation, I have a general anxiety disorder and have had this for over a year. By definition, this would make me legally considered disabled should the proper professionals sign on with the notion. I do hate having to end up going that route but if I can't be around people and have limitations from the pain, it will be challenging to find work. Rather unfortunate given what I had hoped to achieve in life but financial security is important to secure and even though the payments would still be under a living wage, I have ways to handle my expenses so that I don't need to worry as much.

We bpught a few ceiling fans to install in the house...the guy came out today to install them. Since hes a family friend he usually does stufd like this for mega cheap. We were looking at maybe $100 per fan.

He got in the attic and everytime he started handling any of thw wiring it would fall apart in his hands due to age. So now we have to have the house rewired. Which will probably be around $2000.

And my son will be born in a little over a month.

Anyone have a link to a good comic book price guide? This has inspired me to check the value on some of the stuff I collected as a teenager.

15 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

We bpught a few ceiling fans to install in the house...the guy came out today to install them. Since hes a family friend he usually does stufd like this for mega cheap. We were looking at maybe $100 per fan.

He got in the attic and everytime he started handling any of thw wiring it would fall apart in his hands due to age. So now we have to have the house rewired. Which will probably be around $2000.

And my son will be born in a little over a month.

Anyone have a link to a good comic book price guide? This has inspired me to check the value on some of the stuff I collected as a teenager.

Gocollect.com

However, site price guides vary wildly and they take condition into account as well, which is, if you’re not familiar, a ridiculously intense grading system. If you find anything of high value, it’s also sometimes worth thinking about sending it in to the CGC to get it officially graded and slabbed in a case, thereby boosting its resale value.

Gocollect.com
However, site price guides vary wildly and they take condition into account as well, which is, if you’re not familiar, a ridiculously intense grading system. If you find anything of high value, it’s also sometimes worth thinking about sending it in to the CGC to get it officially graded and slabbed in a case, thereby boosting its resale value.
Yeah I've thought about doing that for my Golden Record Reprints of the first issues of Spidey, FF, Hulk, Thor. Its just expensive.

16 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
17 minutes ago, eal said:
Gocollect.com

Yeah I've thought about doing that for my Golden Record Reprints of the first issues of Spidey, FF, Hulk, Thor. Its just expensive.

The cost and hassle is really only worth it  if you have something of high value or you’re speculating on a comic’s value being high down the line. Lots of books are worth something now, but will only depreciate in value over time. Amazing Spider-Man #1 (for the third time) will only be worth anything for as long as it’s still the current #1. You’ll find that most expensive new comics are only valuable during the con season it comes out and then is never seen again.

Also, as an aside, I don’t like the way autographs work with them. So, I have Revival #1 signed by Tim Seeley, Mike Norton, and Jenny Frison, the creative team behind it. If, say, I wanted to get it graded by them, they would put in the little info box that it has names written on it, not that it was necessarily signed. It won’t lower the score, I believe. A signature will only be credited as a signature if you have an official witness observing the signature, and then it will be sent off for grading. The eff? Who has time to deal with that? And who wants to look like a bit of tool waiting in line with someone you don’t know watching you get something signed so it can then get graded for the eventual selling of it?

The cost and hassle is really only worth it  if you have something of high value or you’re speculating on a comic’s value being high down the line. Lots of books are worth something now, but will only depreciate in value over time. Amazing Spider-Man #1 (for the third time) will only be worth anything for as long as it’s still the current #1. You’ll find that most expensive new comics are only valuable during the con season it comes out and then is never seen again.
Also, as an aside, I don’t like the way autographs work with them. So, I have Revival #1 signed by Tim Seeley, Mike Norton, and Jenny Frison, the creative team behind it. If, say, I wanted to get it graded by them, they would put in the little info box that it has names written on it, not that it was necessarily signed. It won’t lower the score, I believe. A signature will only be credited as a signature if you have an official witness observing the signature, and then it will be sent off for grading. The eff? Who has time to deal with that? And who wants to look like a bit of tool waiting in line with someone you don’t know watching you get something signed so it can then get graded for the eventual selling of it?
Has the price of grading changed? Last I heard it was like $250.

I used the website you mentioned and the golden record reprint of The Avengers was valued at like $3000 with a near perfect score. Some of the books in this set have impressions that vinyl records left on them while one or two have no such marks. And other than that they look like they're in fantastic condition though I admit that I'm no expert. I just would think that it'd be difficult to find 62 year old comic books that look as good as the ones I have here.

It just seems like a lot to take on to spend that much to have four or five books graded and then wait around to find a potential buyer though. We could spend the money to have them graded only for nobody to be interested in them. Hell, I wouldn't even know where to sell them.

8 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Has the price of grading changed? Last I heard it was like $250.

I used the website you mentioned and the golden record reprint of The Avengers was valued at like $3000 with a near perfect score. Some of the books in this set have impressions that vinyl records left on them while one or two have no such marks. And other than that they look like they're in fantastic condition though I admit that I'm no expert. I just would think that it'd be difficult to find 62 year old comic books that look as good as the ones I have here.

It just seems like a lot to take on to spend that much to have four or five books graded and then wait around to find a potential buyer though. We could spend the money to have them graded only for nobody to be interested in them. Hell, I wouldn't even know where to sell them.

Prices vary.

Another site you can use is MyComicShop. You notice the prices are different there. It’s really one of those, get a general idea and throw it up on eBay kind of thing, in my opinion.

Definitely don't want to go the ungraded route for these comics. From what I've seen they're still fairly valuable even though they're reprints. They're the only ones my dad never sold when he sold all of his comics back in the 70's and they've been mostly well cared for, for most of their lives.

Guess I'll be looking into sending these off to the CGC.

22 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Because if you select "not going" you don't get notifications and can't watch the drama unfold.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Because if you select "not going" you don't get notifications and can't watch the drama unfold.

The ancient art of keeping in touch, as practiced by soccer moms the world over.

Had a pizza party today. Sort of. It was my friend, my brother, and my brother's 3 group home kids. We played games, had pizza, and watched memes.

I want more liquor, but more liquor will make me invariably sick. So therefore, I may not have any more liquor.

I wish it were such a lucky realization to come to, most of the previous times I have drank.

26 minutes ago, Kirk said:

I want more liquor, but more liquor will make me invariably sick. So therefore, I may not have any more liquor.

I wish it were such a lucky realization to come to, most of the previous times I have drank.

Kirk no function beer well without I'm going to hell for that

1 minute ago, Kirk said:

ed59lvcsxcwy.jpg.6b8a9ad0ee2e7759ace317a725bf8f8e.jpg

Disco Stu doesn't advertise

I'm a simple man. I see Disco Stu, I give a like

I still want more liquor. I'm gonna have to invest in a Water Cooler manufacturer.

Well today was way better than the rest of the week. Definitely a good way to end the week on a high note.

Since pay day was yesterday, I ended up buying Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and Stardew Valley on Vita. Bloodstained is GREAT! I’ve really enjoyed what I’ve played of the game. I’m not a huge Castlevania fan, but I’ve enjoyed the earlier games in the franchise, and this game is a good way to bring back the feel/style of those old Castlevania games. Definitely makes me eager for the full Bloodstained game (aka the Metroidvania one) when that eventually drops.

As for today, it was my home town’s celebration weekend. There was a parade, lunch in the park with the money going to support the local churches, activities for kids and adults, and a band this evening that was an actually pretty good cover band. Oh, and fireworks, which for the town not being that big are rather impressive.

I spent the evening helping at my uncle’s food truck. We had a good turnout this year (and that’s with the other food stands too!), having stuff like pork burgers, hot dogs, BBQ beef, potato salad, all that good stuff. Once some of the park activities were finished, we sold quite a few hot dogs and burgers! The hours flew by helping out, and before we knew it the band started and the fireworks were going.

So yeah, WAY better day compared to the rest of the week. Certainly needed that.

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaand I'm up

Sunday, so the streets of Nashville are deserted

You'd think there'd be a huge traffic gridlock to get to church, being the buckle of the bible belt and all that, hm

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

I know just where to go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

I know just where to go.

Look, I'm from Davenport, Iowa so I have seen a lot of locally made commercials, but this one sort of takes the cake. This actually seems like it should be part of a musical that is written around this 30 second piece.

My body is super anxious and tight today. A lot of pain and tiredness. Life is good

I'm finally in my new apartment so I can continue to work on things! I hope life doesn't get in the way again. I miss working. > o<;;

Mainly trying to find someone to compose music for a DQ hobby project of mine. 💔 Having no luck yet, but fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, Dhoulgirl said:

I'm finally in my new apartment so I can continue to work on things! I hope life doesn't get in the way again. I miss working. > o<;;

Mainly trying to find someone to compose music for a DQ hobby project of mine. 💔 Having no luck yet, but fingers crossed!

I can't wait for you to get settled in. I love hearing updates on your projects :) 

Last night ended up being a rough night for me. Only a week until my next therapy session. I hope it helps

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Democrobot said:

I can't wait for you to get settled in. I love hearing updates on your projects :) 

Last night ended up being a rough night for me. Only a week until my next therapy session. I hope it helps

*huggles chuu*

Well i do have my games back and my new shelving is amazing! ^ w^

Images of them~

bgoKZha.jpg

PSP6aHB.jpg

R2ci2Jj.jpg

WnMXOlH.jpg

PUijg54.jpg