Damn it, I had the time wrong for the Nintendo Smash Direct today. I read it as starting 10 AM central time; turns out it started at 9 AM instead. Nuts. Guess I’ll have to wait a while for the full thing to be uploaded to YouTube and try and avoid any news.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Damn it, I had the time wrong for the Nintendo Smash Direct today. I read it as starting 10 AM central time; turns out it started at 9 AM instead. Nuts. Guess I’ll have to wait a while for the full thing to be uploaded to YouTube and try and avoid any news.

I would definitely recommend waiting for it to be uploaded if you care about spoilers. All that will be said.

@cobolisdead I haven't gotten to Clara yet in my Doctor Who timeline. Probably about 5 years ago I decided to watch every Doctor Who starting with the very first Doctor, William Hartnell. I decided to watch it for the history of it, and because it was sci-fi that predated the original Star Trek by a bunch of years. I plowed through the entire classic series from black-and-white to color, including most of the spin-offs and the 1996 movie in about 3 years of on-and-off watching. Then I started the reimagined series. After a few hiatuses on watching--it's a show continually that reinvents itself, so to binge it I feel like I'd lose a lot of context--I'm currently in the 11th Doctor's (Matt Smith) 2nd season. My favorite of all the Doctors so far was the 10th Doctor, David Tennant, followed by the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker.

I also just finished the atrocious 4th season of Torchwood (which Q from Star Trek Next Gen was in). Interesting cast and premise, I just didn't like what they did with the writing: dialogue, story and character.

Doctor Who spin-off fun fact: the actress who plays Rani in The Sarah Jane Adventures is the same voice actress who plays Maya in DQ Heroes I & II.

I started out watching the classic series of Doctor Who on Dailymotion, but eventually they ran out of episodes, so I got a torrent of almost everything that was available at the time. I just reached the end of my Dr. Who torrent with the 11th Doctor's 2nd season. I'm now getting the episodes from the Library, which is also free. Netflix no longer has any episodes available for streaming and there was a lot to catch up on, hence the torrent.

Edited by Liamland

Oh my god...that Smash Bros. Direct was AMAZING! So many fantastic reveals, ESPECIALLY the last character! I’m just so happy! I can’t get over how hyped I am right now!

December can’t get here soon enough! I NEED MY SMASH BROS!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Liamland said:

@cobolisdead I haven't gotten to Clara yet in my Doctor Who timeline. Probably about 5 years ago I decided to watch every Doctor Who starting with the very first Doctor, William Hartnell. I decided to watch it for the history of it, and because it was sci-fi that predated the original Star Trek by a bunch of years. I plowed through the entire classic series from black-and-white to color, including most of the spin-offs and the 1996 movie in about 3 years of on-and-off watching. Then I started the reimagined series. After a few hiatuses on watching--it's a show continually that reinvents itself, so to binge it I feel like I'd lose a lot of context--I'm currently in the 11th Doctor's (Matt Smith) 2nd season. My favorite of all the Doctors so far was the 10th Doctor, David Tennant, followed by the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker.

I also just finished the atrocious 4th season of Torchwood (which Q from Star Trek Next Gen was in). Interesting cast and premise, I just didn't like what they did with the writing: dialogue, story and character.

Doctor Who spin-off fun fact: the actress who plays Rani in The Sarah Jane Adventures is the same voice actress who plays Maya in DQ Heroes I & II.

I started out watching the classic series of Doctor Who on Dailymotion, but eventually they ran out of episodes, so I got a torrent of almost everything that was available at the time. I just reached the end of my Dr. Who torrent with the 11th Doctor's 2nd season. I'm now getting the episodes from the Library, which is also free. Netflix no longer has any episodes available for streaming and there was a lot to catch up on, hence the torrent.

I haven't gone back and watched much of the older Dr Who shows. I just watched a few of the ones that Netflix had at the time. I have seen everything from the 1996 movie onward though.

A few years ago all the episodes left Netflix and went to Amazon Prime. They are still on there but I don't have prime, and I would rather just own the episodes as we like to re-watch them a couple times a year. Eventually I will get the David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston seasons too, but that will be a while from now. 

Therapist dropped a bomb on me. I've basically got PTSD and in order to better my overall condition I need to sort out my entire life. Work, school, romance, friends, the whole shebang. Otherwise I won't really get better and continue to slowly get sicker from loneliness. I don't really foresee that happening so.... yeah that's a thing for me to figure out somehow.

After the #$*! that went on at work tonight, this was nice to see to lift my spirits. I’m glad Etrian Odyssey continues to do well.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/08/this-week-in-sales-etrian-odyssey-goes-on-one-last-adventure-on-the-3ds/

image: http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/EtrianOdysseyX2788x500_thumb.jpg

Etrian-Odyssey-X-2-788x500

Last week, Japan got several new releases including Etrian Odyssey X, the last 3DS entry for the series along with Pro Yakyuu Famista Evolution, WarioWare Gold, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, and more.

At #1 of the week we have Etrian Odyssey X with 71,946 units sold on the Nintendo 3DS. Here’s a look at how it stacks compared to the debuts of previous entries of the series:

• (2007) Etrian Odyssey – 32,511 [DS]
  • (2008) Etrian Odyssey II – 68,913 [DS]
  • (2010) Etrian Odyssey III – 87,765 [DS]
  • (2012) Etrian Odyssey IV – 95,506 [3DS]
  • (2016) Etrian Odyssey V – 92,518 [3DS]
  • (2018) Etrian Odyssey X – 71,946 [3DS]

As you can see, it’s a bit of a drop when you look at it in comparison to the last main entry in Etrian Odyssey V, but it doesn’t mean the series is overall dropping as it would’ve probably seen much higher numbers had it been Etrian Odyssey VI, and perhaps for the Nintendo Switch.

• (2013) Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl – 88,278 [3DS]
  • (2014) Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight – 59,531 [3DS]
  • (2018) Etrian Odyssey X – 71,946 [3DS]

When you look at it in comparison to the remakes it looks more in place as a side title.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/08/this-week-in-sales-etrian-odyssey-goes-on-one-last-adventure-on-the-3ds/#MjRFDpQZpzDsYGPt.99

>sees white highlight
tenor.gif?itemid=5183364

I've been carrying a lot of mental stress lately. Last night it overwhelmed my senses so I ended up watching Simpson clips until I passed out. My Discord server now has Amanda Huggenkiss, Hugh Jass, Oliver Clothesoff, and I.P. Freely

On 8/8/2018 at 3:21 PM, Democrobot said:

Therapist dropped a bomb on me. I've basically got PTSD and in order to better my overall condition I need to sort out my entire life. Work, school, romance, friends, the whole shebang. Otherwise I won't really get better and continue to slowly get sicker from loneliness. I don't really foresee that happening so.... yeah that's a thing for me to figure out somehow.

Wow. So sorry. Well, the den has always been here in my times of loneliness, and hopefully we can do the same for you, to some degree.

As for me, a LOT has been going on.

Took a trip to Baltimore to see my long-distance girlfriend and her kids. Made some realizations that the relationship was at it's end. Came back into a whirlwind week at work and had to put my personal issues on standby for a week. Had the official breakup today and am in recovery mode. Time to be a part of the single world again.

In better news,

I also did a frame-walk on my new home that is being built. HOLY MOLY I am going to have so much space. Three bedrooms, two and a half baths, 1600 square feet, and a yard, just for little ol' me. The estimated completion date got pushed back to early October, which is totally fine. I've got a lease on my apartment until November. It will give me more time to save money.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Democrobot said:

>sees white highlight
tenor.gif?itemid=5183364

At least you read it. Your eyes died reading something good, so there you go.

52 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Maybe I should come around more often. Since the database crash or whatever April 2017, I haven't really been around.

Nu fone, hu dis?

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

At least you read it. Your eyes died reading something good, so there you go.

Eyes grow back so I'm not too concerned

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Wow. So sorry. Well, the den has always been here in my times of loneliness, and hopefully we can do the same for you, to some degree.

As for me, a LOT has been going on.

Took a trip to Baltimore to see my long-distance girlfriend and her kids. Made some realizations that the relationship was at it's end. Came back into a whirlwind week at work and had to put my personal issues on standby for a week. Had the official breakup today and am in recovery mode. Time to be a part of the single world again.

In better news,

I also did a frame-walk on my new home that is being built. HOLY MOLY I am going to have so much space. Three bedrooms, two and a half baths, 1600 square feet, and a yard, just for little ol' me. The estimated completion date got pushed back to early October, which is totally fine. I've got a lease on my apartment until November. It will give me more time to save money.

Thanks my dude. Sounds like you've had quite the time yourself. Hope things straighten out for you

12 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

Eyes grow back so I'm not too concerned

With how big your eyes are now it might take awhile.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

With how big your eyes are now it might take awhile.

I'm not in any rush. Queen Elizabeth canceled tea again so I'm free until mass with the Pope in December.

2 minutes ago, Michael Phelps said:

The fastest swimmer

Nice to meet you, Mr. Phelps

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

I'm not in any rush. Queen Elizabeth canceled tea again so I'm free until mass with the Pope in December.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

I can officially say that I can take apart and reassemble an HP laptop.

I can also officially say that I NEVER WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

That said, the screen doesn't work, so I get to open it again. WHOO.

That said, the screen doesn't work, so I get to open it again. WHOO.
Get used to that. Everytime I take apart a laptop I have to re-open it after reassembly becausw some ribbon cable isn't fully plugged in...the screen or keyboard are the main culprits here.

In short, working on laptops is a major pain in the ass. Its kind of a joke how much simpler working on a desktop is in comparison.

Illicit relationships with your teacher, dating your step-sister, jealousy, bullying, homosexuality, working as a stripper, and now stalking your ex...there is officially no sensitive topic Domestic Girlfriend won’t fall on its face attempting to portray seriously. The main character has effectively damaged the relationship between two sisters (he’s now officially dated both) and destroyed the career of one of them (she was his teacher, she had to leave her dream job, now she’s a hotel receptionist). This may be the worst thing I’ve ever read.

This week man, this week.

Hit it off with someone kinda, during an innocent conversation she turned the gears up and wanted to hookup.  I politely refused. Maybe I'm an oddball, but it felt uncomfortable being pursued like that. It's been on my mind all week.

That being said, I think I'm going to distance myself from the dating biz and just work on my own life.

Today has been back and forth good and bad. The worst part was about 15 minutes after I got to work, one of my managers started harassing me about how I supposedly have a problem with her. I didn’t have one, but I sure do now.

Anyway, a work buddy was selling his Funko Pops this week, but before putting them up on Amazon he wanted to know if I wanted any (at the friends and family discount price, which was funny). Ended up getting a few Lord of the Rings ones, Darth Maul, and BoJack Horseman, as well as two others I’m going to give my mom as a birthday gift next month. I figure she’ll like having Bugs Bunny and Buddy the Elf sitting on her desk at work.

19 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Get used to that. Everytime I take apart a laptop I have to re-open it after reassembly becausw some ribbon cable isn't fully plugged in...the screen or keyboard are the main culprits here.

In short, working on laptops is a major pain in the ass. Its kind of a joke how much simpler working on a desktop is in comparison.

I did some repair work on my old Toshiba once or twice, replacing a power connector cord and maybe another part. Tonight and last night I was working on my old man's machine, replacing his fan.

Turns out the screen connector was not connected properly, so now the whole thing works again. Whoo.

4 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Today has been back and forth good and bad. The worst part was about 15 minutes after I got to work, one of my managers started harassing me about how I supposedly have a problem with her. I didn’t have one, but I sure do now.

How often do you talk to her? Maybe she picked up the wrong impression.

2 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I went Animethon. Now I'm eating pizza. I had a good day.

It's Friday, so I didn't have any meat, but I had a fair few grilled cheese sandwiches, and that's like pizza with extra crust.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?