Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Got a teeth cleaning today and started my new medication. So far no side effects.

• Like 1

Haven’t complained about GameStop in awhile, so I think I’ll bring this segment back. So I’m in line, and I’m in front of these three screeching nitwits who do not know what boundaries and space are. They were getting uncomfortably close to me and seemed to disregard my general comfort altogether. I’ve had to suffer through this countless times everywhere so whatever, but the guy in front of me is turning in a PSVR, so I must have been in line for 15 minutes, while all the while Larry, Moe, and Curly are yelling and screaming in my ear about vapid nonsense. I was genuinely on the verge of yelling in their faces to shut the #$*! up.

By the time the manager was done with the VR guy and I was up, he addressed me as if I was a part of their group, that’s how up in me they were being. Also, they were #$*! talking the Vita. For real, I feel like I can’t go into a GameStop without hearing smack about it!

My medication gives me a boost of energy in the morning for a few hours then I crash by the afternoon. So that's a thing

@eal I do sympathize with you eal but... I can't resist.

IMG_0140.JPG.789fadcb64b9f49e60b4e01fbfd496a1.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This one’s gonna get a lot of play going forward.

On 7/19/2018 at 3:30 PM, eal said:

The one I’m using is decidedly not free ($15) but it’s very good. You have access to cloud storage and the online version as well. There’s also actually a really good barcode scanning function too. Usually those sorts of things are incredibly hit and miss.

I can scan in comics, list the variants, add notes (I use this to indicate if it was signed and by whom), various other things (rate the issue, mark it read or unread, add where and when you bought it, list the value of it, etc.) I probably won’t use since it takes longer then half a second to get to it and there’s no inherent value to doing it and I have too many issues to bother with that function.

It cost money but I’ve spent more then that accidentally picking up a duplicate issue, so it’s already made back its money in my eyes.

The scanning feature sounds awesome. I would love if there were a way to just scan my cards into my catalogue. It would be much less time-consuming.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:41 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well, he did compose the original, so that's not too surprising...

For those of you that watched Attack on Titan and are maybe a lapsed viewer or aren’t as hyped about it anymore, assuming it’s 24 episodes long, season 3 should reveal what’s in the basement. Lots of key scenes and revelations this season in general. It’s a game changer.

Edited by eal

One of my friends volunteers at the local concert arena working concessions. Counting Crows was in town last night. 25th anniversary reunion show, apparently. They didn't play "Mr. Jones." Not on the set list or the encore.

This is very funny to me. Probably not funny to the fans, though.

30 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

One of my friends volunteers at the local concert arena working concessions. Counting Crows was in town last night. 25th anniversary reunion show, apparently. They didn't play "Mr. Jones." Not on the set list or the encore.

This is very funny to me. Probably not funny to the fans, though.

My kid's mother would have been furious. Mr Jones is her favorite song of all time. She did go see them last August and they did play it then. Cant imagine what would make them play a show without their *by far* most popular song.

1 hour ago, Soera said:

My kid's mother would have been furious. Mr Jones is her favorite song of all time. She did go see them last August and they did play it then. Cant imagine what would make them play a show without their *by far* most popular song.

It makes sense. I can’t speak to what they were thinking, but sometimes a band will dislike their most famous song, don’t like that it’s more popular then their other songs that they like more, try to spotlight other songs in their catalogue, or just plain old get sick of playing it all the time.

5 hours ago, Soera said:

She did go see them last August and they did play it then.

Haha, my friend says, "That's not this year is it!"

Live opened. For some reason Dennis Rodman joined them on stage during Lightening Crashes. Live was my first big concert ever, and the first time I ever went to a show at this arena. Big Audio Dynamite opened for them. I was about to start my senior year in high school. I'm not old. Shut up.

It makes sense. I can’t speak to what they were thinking, but sometimes a band will dislike their most famous song, don’t like that it’s more popular then their other songs that they like more, try to spotlight other songs in their catalogue, or just plain old get sick of playing it all the time.

It doesn't. Look, I get it, but when you do a 25th anniversary tour, you get your ass out there and you play that #$*!in' song! My friends said it was the saddest concert ever. They said Adam Duritz just got up there and gave long, sad diatribes about every song and that was the "gift" to the fans who all came to hear one song in 100 degree heat and ball sticking humidity.

I just looked up Adam Duritz and he's evolving into Gene Shalit.

We were looking up reactions and someone just responded with this.

tenor.gif?itemid=5870019

I need to go play the lottery. Like, seriously!

This run all started at 6am last Thursday. Got an email about after-school clubs that day from our coordinator a full month earlier than she typically hits us up. Here's where the good news begins.

1. She's splitting our current after-school program into 4 sessions instead of 3. Which affects pretty much nothing but my pay. I get paid a flat rate per kid per session, so with 3 sessions instead of 4, I should make 33% more!

2. By 8am that day, emails and texts were flying because I'm supposed to revive our Robotics program with the head of Technology. I asked him to approach my boss by excusing me from Wednesday meetings. Kids leave an hour early Wednesday so teachers can have meetings. I told him I'd go to the monthly staff meeting, but I don't have meetings the other weeks anyway and I could do a Robotics team easily for 2 hours Wednesday instead of other days. He talked to my director... approved!

3. My boss sees me Friday afternoon and leads with, "Hey, Mr. _________ quit and we're a bit thin numbers-wise at that grade, so we're not filling the position, you get a classroom again." WAHOO! I've taught out of a conference room for over a year, can't wait to have a bathroom and my own big room again. Oh, and also...

4. Since the dude quit, I may get a bigger stipend for doing some tech work he was going to do + my Robotics team!!

5. Today my 2 elementary school bosses are talking to me and slip me an advanced version of my schedule. It's #$*!ing amazing. I've had the most contact teaching hours daily of any teacher for 3 years. It's ok because I don't have much to grade or plan, so it's fine, but I haven't had a lunch period in 2 years. This year they moved my first class an hour later so I start out with planning (perfect, I get the day ready), and all but cut out a full hour of my teaching. They literally said, "Meh, what do you do in 1st grade anyway, we can just phase that out." my jaw dropped. Then they said, "It'll also keep substitutes from going crazy when they come in to sub for you." So freaking stoked!

I'm sure a shoe will drop at some point, but right now with my masters degree program ending soon (last dissertation draft due August 1, 1 week for the professor to read it, some revisions to make before August 23rd & done) and a much easier and profitable year ahead... I'm on cloud 9!

• Like 3

I've been having even more anxiety than normal. I can't even bring myself to leave home most days. This will be a heccing way to ring in my 21st tomorrow.

Sugiyama's being a jerk again.

Getting REALLY hard to separate art from the artist.

Amazing how a senior editor for Game Informer doesn't know that Sugiyama operates in a unique position outside the company as a contractor. Sugiyama in all likelihood doesn't know when DQ XI comes out in America or even cares.

I am strongly considering purging my comic collection. Cutting the fat, getting rid of books I have no interest in owning anymore. Then I’m gonna convert to trade paperbacks to save space. I have a few issues that would sell better then the original retail (for example Thanos #13 is trending upwards at the moment thanks to it being the first appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider), and that and the random fluff help offset the cost.

If I do this, I’ll still mostly be buying floppies. I have no interest in getting TPBs of long running comics like Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Venom.

I have 9 boxes right now. If I can bring it down to 6 I’d consider it a win.

2 hours ago, eal said:

I am strongly considering purging my comic collection. Cutting the fat, getting rid of books I have no interest in owning anymore. Then I’m gonna convert to trade paperbacks to save space. I have a few issues that would sell better then the original retail (for example Thanos #13 is trending upwards at the moment thanks to it being the first appearance of Cosmic Ghost Rider), and that and the random fluff help offset the cost.

If I do this, I’ll still mostly be buying floppies. I have no interest in getting TPBs of long running comics like Amazing Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Venom.

I have 9 boxes right now. If I can bring it down to 6 I’d consider it a win.

Id be interested in seeing what Dr Strange related stuff you have!

36 minutes ago, Soera said:

Id be interested in seeing what Dr Strange related stuff you have!

Nothing terribly impressive. He was always just a background guy to me. I read Donny Cates recent run and that’s it.

Spending my birthday not feeling well. Thanks body

Applied for two different jobs today. It’s been more than a month since I went in for the bank interview, and since that seems to be a bust I’m trying elsewhere. We’ll see what happens I guess.

Great aunt is dying. Kidneys are failing. Lungs sometimes fill up with water. She doesn't have long to live.

2 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Great aunt is dying. Kidneys are failing. Lungs sometimes fill up with water. She doesn't have long to live.

Very sorry to hear this.  My mother-in-law had a small stroke this week, too.  Not a great week it seems. 

So you know that bank job I applied for way back in May? Yeah, they only now have contacted me to tell me I didn’t get the job. Why on earth did they wait 2 months just to tell me that? Guess it’s a good thing I’ve been applying for other jobs.

Honestly a pretty bad end to an overall shitty week.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit