On 7/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The past two days have been nice and relaxing vacation time. Checked out a few local food places, went to this one of fashioned ice cream parlor (which had some fantastic ice cream and waffle cones!), went and saw the Incredibles 2, and have gotten some gaming time in with Final Fantasy III and Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call. @Bururianwould be so proud of me for nearly reaching 100,000 Rhythm points.

Incredibles 2 was good. The villain wasn’t as fun as Syndrome was in the 1st film, but it had some other good qualities to it. Nice to finally have a sequel to the original even if it took 14 years!

Kind of sad the vacation ends tomorrow and it will be time for the long drive back home, but it’s been a fun vacation. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed again though.

You're getting there. You unlock the last of the non-by lines rewards at 300k though!

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Oh @Plattym3, I made something for you. Warning DQXI Post-game spoilers  

It has been a nearly a month since I last visited here. The past month has been crazy. My uncle caught COVID and had a very slim chance of survival. Fortunately he pulled through! The downside is t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bururian said:

You're getting there. You unlock the last of the non-by lines rewards at 300k though!

Holy...! What on earth do you even unlock at that point?

8 hours ago, eal said:

Dunno wha article you’re talking about. If it’s the Mary Sue one, the author makes a point to say that she doesn’t like social interaction and wants to be left alone and admits that it’s not a problem for others and it’s a good socialization tool.

I actually didn’t realize the event was yesterday. It’s usually Saturdays and more towards the middle of the week. But I guess that explains why there was an influx in Squirtles when I went on. I even caught a shiny, which is great because I only encountered two. I wish I remembered about this. I live in the center of town (there’s a gym outside my apartment I can challenge from the comfort of my own bed) and there’s a river outside. I saw a bunch of people walking around too. Now I know why.

Not The Mary Sue, though I'm sure that... OK, wait. I want to call it a rag or fish wrap. Those are your classic slang terms for bad newspapers. When using it in regards to The Mary Sue it just sounds like a gender specific insult! So I'll just call it a shitshow. Though I'm sure that shitshow linked to it and gave it an extra spin on the victimization Pokéstop. It's strange to me how so many writers have obvious issues. You go to their Twitter account and it's clear they're mentally ill, yet are held in some sort of high esteem. One of the great things about Pokémon Go is that it brings everyone together. EVERYONE! The players are very positive and friendly. The only bad experience I had playing was encountering a dude who was like a grown up version of the goggles kid from A Christmas Story.

I thought it was going to be on a Saturday too. Caught a bunch of shinys and shiny sunglasses. Now I got a shiny Blastoise and two shiny Blastoise with sunglasses that are top tier. After not having time to play for over a year, I'm just now getting to that above average tier where I can take over gyms with high level Pokeymans. Oh, you got a 3,200 Dragonite? Oh, honey... Say hello to my top tier 1,500 Sudowoodo, #$*!es!

Spoiler

TMW you attempt the raid alone only to find out you misread the CP and the Kyogre is 51,000 and not 5,100.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gCL5fOMAVijWE/giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Dwaine said:

Though I'm sure that shitshow linked to it and gave it an extra spin on the victimization Pokéstop. It's strange to me how so many writers have obvious issues. You go to their Twitter account and it's clear they're mentally ill, yet are held in some sort of high esteem.

Dunno how I feel about being mentally ill being used as an insult.

Edited by eal

Not really an insult. More calling it like I see it. When I see someone's social media and all they're doing is fighting and jumping at shadows, they're clearly the actions of an unwell individual.

12 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Not really an insult. More calling it like I see it. When I see someone's social media and all they're doing is fighting and jumping at shadows, they're clearly the actions of an unwell individual.

But you take offense to people calling others “Nazis” on their social media as well. Aren’t those people just “calling it as they see it as well”? In my opinion, arbitrarily calling someone mentally ill because of the content of their Twitter and calling it as you see it, is no different then calling someone a Nazi arbitrarily because of the content of their Twitter and calling it as you see it, which is something you do not like. And it also honestly somewhat reductive on top of that.

Regardless, what’s the point of hanging around their Twitter? I like to haha at people’s terrible content as much as the next guy, but I don’t go out of my way to find reasons to hate them even more by looking at their social media.

Found this late night discovery just before heading to bed. I don’t know if it’s because I’m tired, but I found this very amusing.

^

That is super cool. Some fan art tends to blend together, but this honors the source, yet still has its own distinct look.

Regardless, what’s the point of hanging around their Twitter? I like to haha at people’s terrible content as much as the next guy, but I don’t go out of my way to find reasons to hate them even more by looking at their social media.

Actually, no. When I see someone sitting on Twitter all day calling people Nazis as a blanket term for someone that doesn't agree with them, that is an action of someone that's mentally ill. Plus I can't help but read it in the voice of Andy Dick. The same goes when I see a writer that was triggered by Animaniacs. (Also worth pointing out that the a lot of the jokes she was complaining about were written and produced by Sherri Stoner. She did all sorts of amazing things in the animation industry, but whatevs.) There's a difference between not agreeing with someone and validating and enabling someone that is unstable.

20 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

Actually, no. When I see someone sitting on Twitter all day calling people Nazis as a blanket term for someone that doesn't agree with them, that is an action of someone that's mentally ill.

Yet you use “mentally ill” as a blanket term for people whose opinions of others you don’t agree with... Calling someone names is not the sole action of someone who has a mental illness.

Edited by eal

There's a difference between not agreeing with someone's opinion and someone whose thoughts and actions are harmful to themselves and those around them.

52 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

There's a difference between not agreeing with someone's opinion and someone whose thoughts and actions are harmful to themselves and those around them.

If all they’re doing is yelling at phantoms, and their opinions shouldn’t matter, then they’re not causing harm to themselves or anyone else. No more harm then any sane person who commits libel or fires off baseless accusations at people online.

This conversation is just going in circles at this point, we’ve both made our stances clear, so I’m just gonna drop this whole conversation here.

Edited by eal

I started a new game of Dragon Warrior today. Bamboo Pole, Bamboo Pole! Defense is the best offense! leather armor

edit: stairs the stairs

Edited by Kirk

Instead of writing out a long essay on my thoughts I'll just co-opt Dwaine's arguments as my own.

Also, I'll officially be at 4k Karma on Gamefaqs at midnight.

I know this means nothing, and the site will probably be dead or completely changed by the time I reach 5k, but whatevs.

2 hours ago, BorisTheWizard said:

And...the heatwave returns :(

I think tomorrow is supposed to be fine, but then it's supposed to be pretty crappy for the next week.

You and me both. Just as I started enjoying the moderate weather...BAM heatwave returns for the rest of the week.

On 7/9/2018 at 3:41 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Holy...! What on earth do you even unlock at that point?

300k gets you Chaos as a Proficard character.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:05 AM, Dwaine said:

That is super cool. Some fan art tends to blend together, but this honors the source, yet still has its own distinct look.

I found another good one by the same guy, this one based on Super Mario Kart.

1 hour ago, Bururian said:

300k gets you Chaos as a Proficard character.

Well that rewards seems hardly worth the effort.

18 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Tonight's plan: get super drunk, enjoy the moderate weather, and roll around/pass out on the lawn.

420/10

Judging by that score you’re giving for your plans, I’m guessing your lawn isn’t the only grass your gonna be rolling...on.

Speaking of Mary Jane, Amazing Spider-Man #1 was fan-#$*!ing-tastic.

Edited by eal
9 minutes ago, eal said:

Judging by that score you’re giving for your plans, I’m guessing your lawn isn’t the only grass your gonna be rolling...on.

Speaking of Mary Jane, Amazing Spider-Man #1 was fan-#$*!ing-tastic.

Surprisingly, I haven't smoked the Devil's Lettuce since...2013? It's been quite a while.

6 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

Surprisingly, I haven't smoked the Devil's Lettuce since...2013? It's been quite a while.

I remember when I was a kid and my folks would always try to convince me it’s the worst thing in the world to smoke, only for me to find out that at least my dad was smoking it up until I was in elementary school or even middle school, when they started teaching us not to smoke.

• Like 2
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?