Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I banged my head today. Haven't been feeling well since. On the bright side my niece and I did chores and made salmon tetrazinni (I'll post a pic in the Discord)

Either bruised or cracked a rib. Not sure how. Inhaling was painful. Sneezing was worse. Been dealing with that for about a week. It's better. Somehow hurt my shoulder on the same side and that's worse.

I banged my head today. Haven't been feeling well since. On the bright side my niece and I did chores and made salmon tetrazinni (I'll post a pic in the Discord)
Either bruised or cracked a rib. Not sure how. Inhaling was painful. Sneezing was worse. Been dealing with that for about a week. It's better. Somehow hurt my shoulder on the same side and that's worse.
Maybe Fight Club isn't for you.

28 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Maybe Fight Club isn't for you.

HEY! First rule of Fight Club, you don't talk about Fight Club!

HEY! First rule of Fight Club, you don't talk about Fight Club!
What rule involved making soap?

The last few days have been...interesting. To take my mind off it, I had the wild hunch to plug my Wii in and play some Virtual Console games. Started off with Donkey Kong Country 2 and am almost done with the Krem Quay area of Crocodile Isle. I've surprisingly remembered where most of the secret areas and DK coins are so far, and I've only played the game twice before.

I suppose at some point I should play Donkey Kong Country 3. I have the original DKC trilogy on my Wii, but I've never played DKC3. I need an RPG break, so I might finally play that game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

the wild hunch

I thought you said the Wild Hunt at first. Too much Witcher on the brain, I guess.

Also, anything come of your hunch? 

Netflix has Indiana Jones movies now so I've been watching those while I heal. Face is swelling a bit again

• Like 1

Putting this here because I just reacquainted myself with this game recently, and I just have to share some of this magnificent voice work.

Skyrim VR has consumed my life. Help.

I did Disney as a field trip today.  I don't think I sat down all day (never claimed to be in shape, but man that was rough).  I thought chasing my own 2 Plattys around Disney was rough, but 18 fifth graders?  Ugh!

On 4/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I suppose at some point I should play Donkey Kong Country 3.

Wholly recommend it if you haven't by now. I often hear how DKC3 is the weakest of the trilogy, but no matter where you end up ranking it, it's still a fantastic game.

So, results from the head bang are in. The swelling in my mouth is due to the sensitivity. I'm to ice it consistently and continue to take Advil. If things don't improve by the end of the week then I see the surgeon for possible bleeding or infection problems

1 hour ago, Psi Rockin Beta said:

Wholly recommend it if you haven't by now. I often hear how DKC3 is the weakest of the trilogy, but no matter where you end up ranking it, it's still a fantastic game.

Is it as difficult as DKC2? 2 is my favorite of the SNES trilogy but damn are some of the levels difficult. I like that Rare didn’t pull its punches, but sometimes they can go a little too far... (angrily glares at Rusty Bucket Bay)

So, i’m curious if DKC3 ramps the difficulty up further, or mellows out some.

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Is it as difficult as DKC2?

Not as much. A few levels are a bit harder but 3 is overall a step down in difficulty.

So I am finally upgrading my 3rd generation Apple TV to a 4K Apple TV.

My wife and I were wanting to watch Walking Dead since our 2 year old was asleep, but we literally could not find the remote after we tore through the entire house looking for it. Rather than pay $20 for a replacement remote I just went ahead and got the upgrade for free by prepaying for DirectTV Now for 3 months. Not a bad deal, as it will let us watch some TV for a little while before we cut it off.

Looking forward to seeing what my HD digital films look like in 4K on it.

I had emergency surgery today. I'm fine now

• Like 1

So I am finally upgrading my 3rd generation Apple TV to a 4K Apple TV.

My wife and I were wanting to watch Walking Dead since our 2 year old was asleep, but we literally could not find the remote after we tore through the entire house looking for it. Rather than pay $20 for a replacement remote I just went ahead and got the upgrade for free by prepaying for DirectTV Now for 3 months. Not a bad deal, as it will let us watch some TV for a little while before we cut it off.

Looking forward to seeing what my HD digital films look like in 4K on it.
They won't look any different unless they're 4K Blu-Rays.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Lent is over and has clued me in to the thing I should  have given up. Convenience store snacking.

5 minutes ago, JaybirdC said:

Lent is over and has clued me in to the thing I should  have given up. Convenience store snacking.

I gave up soda for Lent. The first week really sucked, but now I really don't want to drink any pop at all!

DQ7! Woo.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I gave up soda for Lent. The first week really sucked, but now I really don't want to drink any pop at all!

I really ought to do that; probably in two years.

2 hours ago, RyuKisargi said:

DQ7! Woo.

The only thing worthwhile about DQ7 is that apparently Maribel is in it.

10 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

They won't look any different unless they're 4K Blu-Rays.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Well, supposedly any HD film that you have in Itunes will be upgraded to the $K Version if it exists. It just shipped yesterday so I have a week or so before I get it to find out.

I did stop by Best Buy last night and pick up a replacement remote for my 3rd generation Apple tv so we can get caught up on Walking Dead before the finale. I also picked up a Roku Express so we could watch DirecTV Now on it until the 4K Apple TV gets here, because neither the Xbox 1, PS3, PS4, or 3rd Gen Apple TV support the app. After the 4K Apple TV gets here, I will just put the Roku in the bedroom so we can watch it in there. I spent a good two hours trying to get the Roku all setup. As it turns out, when they are asking you for your email address to login into the app for the first time, what they really are wanting is you User ID. I spent two hours trying to get that to work, including having my account locked out for an hour due to multiple failed attempts. So at this point, DirecTV Now is already frustrating me, so I am doubting whether or not I will keep it after the three month period.

Rib still hurts some. Shoulder is better. Strained my main stabilizing muscle in my drawing hand, and it's of course during a week when I've got a ton of stuff to finish up.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:14 AM, Psi Rockin Beta said:

Not as much. A few levels are a bit harder but 3 is overall a step down in difficulty.

Honestly I'm kind of glad to hear that. I finished DKC2 (went for 102%) and K. Rool's Keep was a lot more difficult than I remembered. I don't even want to remember how badly I was doing in the final Lost World stage, Animal Antics. That Squawks section of the level can go to hell.

Anyway, I'm gonna boot up DKC3 and finally give it a shot. We'll see how I rank it and how it takes me to finish it, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Nintendo era Rare was always good at delivering great games.