Jump to content
Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

Recommended Posts

I'm alive or something I think. Work continues to consume my life. Still no headway made on making a change, but I can't just leave where I am now because it would make things very complicated there and for myself of course. Stuck is not a good feeling let me tell you.

Anyway, thinking about getting MH World... but on the fence with waiting for a G version. We'll see how I feel tomorrow :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s time to retire the ol’ PS3. I’ll still play whatever games I currently own if I’m up for it, but I don’t see myself buying any more. It’s taking up space and it isn’t getting much play these days. I’m gonna play a couple unfinished games and put it in storage in the lead up to eventually getting a Switch to take its place.

Games I’ll be playing:

P4AU, The Simpson’s Game, Batman: Arkham Origins, South Park: The Stick of Truth. Maybe I’ll give Uncharted 3 another try but I really didn’t like it. I’ve played all these games at some point but never finished them. I’d include finishing Catherine but we’ll almost definitely get the PS4 (and hopefully Vita) port.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eal said:

It’s time to retire the ol’ PS3. I’ll still play whatever games I currently own if I’m up for it, but I don’t see myself buying any more. It’s taking up space and it isn’t getting much play these days. I’m gonna play a couple unfinished games and put it in storage in the lead up to eventually getting a Switch to take its place.

Games I’ll be playing:

P4AU, The Simpson’s Game, Batman: Arkham Origins, South Park: The Stick of Truth. Maybe I’ll give Uncharted 3 another try but I really didn’t like it. I’ve played all these games at some point but never finished them. I’d include finishing Catherine but we’ll almost definitely get the PS4 (and hopefully Vita) port.

 

Uncharted 2 is better than 3 in every way, as is 4. If you haven't played those, try one of them instead. 

Of course, if you don't care about the characters and the gameplay is what bothers you, then it's tough to say if you'll give a damn about the other two if you've never played them. I don't know how far you got in U3, but if you got to the ship and still didn't like it, I'd drop that game now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Uncharted 2 is better than 3 in every way, as is 4. If you haven't played those, try one of them instead. 

Of course, if you don't care about the characters and the gameplay is what bothers you, then it's tough to say if you'll give a damn about the other two if you've never played them. I don't know how far you got in U3, but if you got to the ship and still didn't like it, I'd drop that game now. 

I’ve spoken at length about my love for Uncharted 2 before. Remember? I think Chloe Frazer is awesome? I could swear we had conversations about her before.

Regardless, I don’t know what it is but I absolutely loathe the way 3 controls. It doesn’t look different, it just feels different. It’s less polished. I think I recall the stealth being a total cluster #$*! on top of everything else. The hand-to-hand combat also isn’t great if I remember correctly. I couldn’t stand it.

I’m in the middle of some castle (I think?) very early in the game. There was a ridiculously tough gunfight sequence that was so frustrating I said, “#$*! it.” It has the least necessary plot of them all so I didn’t feel guilty skipping over it.

Aside from the Vita game, which I don’t have for some reason, it’s the only Uncharted game I haven’t finished. I even liked 1, with its out of place horror section, more than 3.

Edited by eal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, eal said:

 

I’ve spoken at length about my love for Uncharted 2 before. Remember? I think Chloe Frazer is awesome? I could swear we had conversations about her before.

Regardless, I don’t know what it is but I absolutely loathe the way 3 controls. It doesn’t look different, it just feels different. It’s less polished. I think I recall the stealth being a total cluster #$*! on top of everything else. The hand-to-hand combat also isn’t great if I remember correctly. I couldn’t stand it.

I’m in the middle of some castle (I think?) very early in the game. There was a ridiculously tough gunfight sequence that was so frustrating I said, “#$*! it.” It has the least necessary plot of them all so I didn’t feel guilty skipping over it.

Aside from the Vita game, which I don’t have for some reason, it’s the only Uncharted game I haven’t finished. I even liked 1, with its out of place horror section, more than 3.

Oh, my bad. I must've forgotten that conversation.

Far as gameplay goes, isn't U3 supposed to have the tightest controls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to check out the Wii's Shop Channel one more time before tomorrow. Once the 26th of March kicks in, you can no longer add points to purchase anything. I found out you can still redownload games until next January, but just to be safe I decided to check and make sure I have everything I purchased downloaded, and thankfully younger Yangus was ahead of the game and kept everything on my Wii and Wii's SD card. Lots of Virtual Console games and a few Wiiware games.

I may leave my Wii plugged in and play a classic Super Nintendo RPG. Maybe Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy VI in its original SNES glory.

Actually, looking through everything I bought, young Yangus did a good job with his selections of Virtual Console games. The Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Sin and Punishment, Sim City, Bomberman Hero, Mega Man 1-3 and 9, Final Fantasy 1-3 (or FF1, FF4 and FF6), Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 2, some of the Kirby games, Yoshi's Story, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, and Mario platformers and spin-offs to name some examples.

Good going, younger me.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Oh, my bad. I must've forgotten that conversation.

Far as gameplay goes, isn't U3 supposed to have the tightest controls?

Tight doesn’t necessarily mean good. Thete was just something to the feel of them that felt off, that can only be understood when you play it for yourself. I know at one point they had to patch in new controls or something like that?

I thought I was crazy, but I played 1, 2 immediately after, 4 almost immediately after, tried 3, then played Lost Legacy on release. And all of them felt fine except 3. And I know I’m not alone in the Uncharted 3 hate. It appears a lot of people weren’t happy with it. But then again, when are people happy with anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eal said:

Tight doesn’t necessarily mean good. Thete was just something to the feel of them that felt off, that can only be understood when you play it for yourself. I know at one point they had to patch in new controls or something like that?

I thought I was crazy, but I played 1, 2 immediately after, 4 almost immediately after, tried 3, then played Lost Legacy on release. And all of them felt fine except 3. And I know I’m not alone in the Uncharted 3 hate. It appears a lot of people weren’t happy with it. But then again, when are people happy with anything?

I don't remember 3 feeling weird, but I haven't played it in a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to work today and found two mostly empty bottles of vodka in my trash can.

I'm not sure what's more upsetting - the fact that someone was bringing alcohol to work and carelessly disposing of it, or that they had one of the ingredients for a white russian and didn't share.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I got to work today and found two mostly empty bottles of vodka in my trash can.
I'm not sure what's more upsetting - the fact that someone was bringing alcohol to work and carelessly disposing of it, or that they had one of the ingredients for a white russian and didn't share.
2. Definitely 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I decided to check out the Wii's Shop Channel one more time before tomorrow. Once the 26th of March kicks in, you can no longer add points to purchase anything. I found out you can still redownload games until next January, but just to be safe I decided to check and make sure I have everything I purchased downloaded, and thankfully younger Yangus was ahead of the game and kept everything on my Wii and Wii's SD card. Lots of Virtual Console games and a few Wiiware games.

I may leave my Wii plugged in and play a classic Super Nintendo RPG. Maybe Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy VI in its original SNES glory.

Actually, looking through everything I bought, young Yangus did a good job with his selections of Virtual Console games. The Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Sin and Punishment, Sim City, Bomberman Hero, Mega Man 1-3 and 9, Final Fantasy 1-3 (or FF1, FF4 and FF6), Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 2, some of the Kirby games, Yoshi's Story, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask, and Mario platformers and spin-offs to name some examples.

Good going, younger me.


I just spent a good amount on the store this past weekend. Looking at all the games I bought and never played is really depressing. I left my Wii plugged in since I have a feeling I am going to be playing a lot of Ogre Battle this upcoming weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaw is almost in place. Could be done moving it as soon as Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logged into Love Live!, found out they were doing a big update today, part of which was rewarding players for the days they’ve logged in. Apparently I’ve logged in for 1003 days (not in a row), so I ended up with 30 Scouting Coupons. Basically, 5 of these guarantee you a SR or above. I ended up with a four new cards, an SR I already had so I could Idolize it, and a UR of my best girl Hanayo. Also, they’re giving a promo UR away on Thursday. Didn’t expect that when I logged in today!

Also, shout out to the new tabs in the Side Stories section. Originally, all the N girls (game-only characters that are incredibly common to obtain) had all their side stories crammed into an “Other” section of the Side Stories screen. Now, each N girl has their own tabs, so I’m not scrolling through an endless, cluttered, poorly organized mess if I want to find a specific one.

Edited by eal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Twinkie said:


I just spent a good amount on the store this past weekend. Looking at all the games I bought and never played is really depressing. I left my Wii plugged in since I have a feeling I am going to be playing a lot of Ogre Battle this upcoming weekend.

Ogre Battle is an N64 game, right? There might have been some other games I could have gotten if I really wanted to, but without easy access to those points cards I wasn't too worried.

I will say that the Wii's Virtual Console library was pretty damn good. The support for the Neo Geo and Turbografx16 was very welcome since that introduced me to a lot of great classic games.

Only thing I wish was that the N64 library had been a bit more expansive. Would've loved it if games like Bomberman 64 and B64 2, Mischief Makers, Snowboard Kids 1 & 2, Mario Party 3, and The Legend of Goemon games (I know for sure there were 2 Goemon games on the system) had been added. Most of those I've listed are ones I would rent as a kid but never got a copy of for myself, excluding Mario Party 3 and Snowboard Kids 2, yet I still remember playing them. Mischief Makers was hard to figure out when I was young, but I always remembered it because of that title screen opening and the level select theme.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parenting (partial) win:

After sadly (yet unsurprisingly) learning it'd be over $5k for Plattym4 to attend the private school I work at, the wife and I started double-checking the local schools. Oddly enough, we're zoned for one in a 1 traffic light town 10 miles away. But we're surrounded by local charter schools. After failing to meet the deadline for one that doesn't deny anyone in our neighborhood or town, we were devistated to realize we had 0 local backup plan.

Whew! Luckily at 3pm today I got a call from one of our top 2 choices and where Plattym4's girlfriend will be attending next year and he got in! Will find out about the other one Thursday, but at least we didn't get bit by lack of backup plan! That'd been weighing on me for a month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So yesterday, I bought a Switch off of Ebay, as they were having a 15% off sale, so that made the system $249.95 shipped to my door. I figured that was going to be the best deal that I would get on it for the next few years now, so I jumped on it after the Wife out of the blue calls me to tell me to get one.

So now I have some questions.

1. What size and type of memory card should I get for it?

2. What games should I get? I plan on getting Shovel Knight, Dragon Quest Builders, Mario Odessy,  Zelda Breath of the Wild. What else is out there that I should try?

3. Is the pro controller worth it? I have large hands and I am concerned that the joycons won't be big enough for me to comfortable play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So yesterday, I bought a Switch off of Ebay, as they were having a 15% off sale, so that made the system $249.95 shipped to my door. I figured that was going to be the best deal that I would get on it for the next few years now, so I jumped on it after the Wife out of the blue calls me to tell me to get one.
So now I have some questions.
1. What size and type of memory card should I get for it?
2. What games should I get? I plan on getting Shovel Knight, Dragon Quest Builders, Mario Odessy,  Zelda Breath of the Wild. What else is out there that I should try?
3. Is the pro controller worth it? I have large hands and I am concerned that the joycons won't be big enough for me to comfortable play.
 
I have big hands and the joycons are fine for me unless I'm playing them in the sideways single mode which is rare anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprises seem to be in quick supply the last two day. Biggest one was the western date for Dragon Quest XI obviously, but there have been 3 others:

1. Going through some old cards from Christmas I found some leftover Christmas money I had received.

2. When leaving work last night I had to drive one of my cousin's home because she had been out with some friends and didn't want to drive home. Smart on her part, but man, she was nonstop talking the 30 minute drive to her house!

3. Got a phone call this morning that I had won the drawing for a $25 gift card from the grocery store I usually go to! I was like, "Why are they calling so early in the morning?"

 

So yeah, just a random assortment of surprises! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to re-read all of Naruto tomorrow. My goal is to finish 2 months from now. I’m trying to top my Fairy Tail speed read. So I apologize in advance for Naruto references, rants, or screenshots you’ll have to suffer through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Not much. 

Did you hear Dragon Quest XI was confirmed for western release on September 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you hear Dragon Quest XI was confirmed for western release on September 4?
Lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Did you hear Dragon Quest XI was confirmed for western release on September 4?
Lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Did you hear Dragon Quest XI was confirmed for western release on September 4?

I did. I'm glad for it.
I was told by a little birdy that a Square Enix Store Exclusive Collector's Edition will be happening once they decide the contents of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I did. I'm glad for it.
I was told by a little birdy that a Square Enix Store Exclusive Collector's Edition will be happening once they decide the contents of it.

Is it your uncle, who works for Square Enix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...