Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

FF XIV is on sale on Steam, and despite my dislike for the cost of a monthly subscription, I'm tempted to get it. Anyone play it?

Don't give money to bad people!

Hmm. Eridrick sure has been pushing everyone to play DQX lately......

It's free. Why wouldn't you? I mean, come on.

He has been AWOL lately due to connection issues, but he's definitely enjoyed it. He kept Mimas and I up pretty late for his first boss fight. He definitely seemed pretty thrilled.

I put my pants on properly this morning.

As opposed to every other morning?

I put them on backwards twice yesterday.

Hmm. Eridrick sure has been pushing everyone to play DQX lately......

What's wrong with that? The trial's free. The game may be in japanese, but if you combine it with a japanese guide + google translate, and the support of the other English-speaking players, it's entirely playable. If you enjoy it, then the game's decently priced (I... think? Conversion rates are confusing). (Sure, Play Asia marks everything up, but if you have a debit/credit card that's verfied by visa, you can use Rakuten to pay without the markup.)

He has been AWOL lately due to connection issues, but he's definitely enjoyed it. He kept Mimas and I up pretty late for his first boss fight. He definitely seemed pretty thrilled.

Yeah, sorry for being gone so long. Between work, school, christmas shopping, actually making friends for once in my life, and my crappy internet connection, I just haven't had the time or been too tired to play when I get home lately. I plan to be online for a bit tonight though! And probably tomorrow, too. Hopefully I'll have more time during my work week this week too, but I can't guarantee it. I have had tons of fun playing with you guys though! And I really, really appreciate your guys' help, especially you Ashes. And Genrazian, too, who's also helped a lot.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, I was hoping that would merge.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I'll be getting in the groove of getting to work on a parody tonight.

My director sent the rehearsal schedule up until we take time off for Christmas. Doesn't seem like it should be too bad. Only a couple days where my being there may be an issue.

My cold has developed from a sore throat and plugged sinuses into an annoying dry cough and slightly tender throat. Hopefully it goes away by Friday. I have to do my Hamlet scene and it is kinda hard to act when you cough all the time.

Working my way through Tales of Vesperia. It's much better than I thought it would be.

Heh, I'm currently playing that game (second playthrough). It's one of my favorite Tales games, next to Symphonia.

I'm playing Fantasy Life to make the wait for Pokemon AS bearable. I also did some house work today and thought about seeing the doctor soon about a problem I have.

Finally getting around to doing my Physics homework while I watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

• Upvote 1

Resident Evil PSX arrived yesterday, but I don't have time to test it out until Thursday.

ignasia, thanks for the advice.  I do remember something about a roof and being able to fire down on the hoard, in RE4.  I'll give that a shot after I've checked out RE1 for a bit.  I'm thinking I should ramp myself up to that RE4 town, with some zombie-AI that's a little less complex.

Clark Gregg is doing a Q&A on the Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. Facebook page right now.

Half way through my 8 page paper! Hoping to finish page 5 tonight, then work on it some more tomorrow and finish by Wednesday (if not possibly before).

Oh, and I'm also back on the Den after a short hiatus, so that's good. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't call anything less than a week a hiatus, even a short one.

Was just talking to a coworker from our San Fran office who's a big retro video game fan and hadn't known that DQ was available on mobile devices.  Every little bit of marketing helps.

• Upvote 1

Finished my Physics last night. I'm hoping I did it right. My numbers seem to be reasonable.

My cold is almost gone. Still have troubles with mobility (sore muscles and coughing fits), but throat wise, that seems to have gone now.

On the 21st is awards night. I received honours for the second year in a row. I get yet another lousy pin and very little recognition. Totally worth it.

Later today (after 11am), I'll be watching the second installment of The Hobbit. The Desolation of Smaug is probably one of my favorite movies. I like the inside of the mountain with all that gold. No, I'm not a dragon *hides tail and wings*

I should also probably read more of 1984, since it is a requirement for English. Interesting book, but the start is a little slow for my taste.

On the 21st is awards night. I received honours for the second year in a row. I get yet another lousy pin and very little recognition. Totally worth it.

I cannot BELIEVE you are complaining about that. Oh my god, I'm actually angry about this. All I wanted in high school was to do well in my classes and somehow manage to get a girlfriend. I was unable to achieve either (I barely got enough math credits to graduate, and we all know I'll probably be single my entire life), but managing to achieve honours would have made me ecstatic! Maybe my parents would actually be proud of me for once.

I'm heading to work right now. I've got a short shift today, so after work I'm going to the nearby arcade to play pool with one of my co-workers. Hopefully when that's done, I'll be able to pick up my (hopefully now working) PS3 from the shop. Then it's time to go home and work on a project with my friend in Arkansas over Skype.

I cannot BELIEVE you are complaining about that. Oh my god, I'm actually angry about this. All I wanted in high school was to do well in my classes and somehow manage to get a girlfriend. I was unable to achieve either (I barely got enough math credits to graduate, and we all know I'll probably be single my entire life), but managing to achieve honours would have made me ecstatic! Maybe my parents would actually be proud of me for once.

My school has very low standards. Even people who failed classes still managed to get honours. You would probably be a top student at my school.

^ Including 2.7 GPA?

^ Including 2.7 GPA?

We don't do GPA

Sounds like a crappy school.

I wouldn't call anything less than a week a hiatus, even a short one.

I'll keep that in mind, then...

Only a few pages left for my 8 page essay.  Planning on doing my other school work tonight so I can get it out of the way, which will give me most of tomorrow to finish up/fine tune the paper.

We have the second candidate for our new band director coming in tonight.  The one we had last week was actually one of the chaperones on the IAM (Iowa Ambassadors of Music) trip I went on 2 years ago, so it was nice to see a familiar face.

I'm heading to work right now. I've got a short shift today, so after work I'm going to the nearby arcade to play pool with one of my co-workers. Hopefully when that's done, I'll be able to pick up my (hopefully now working) PS3 from the shop. Then it's time to go home and work on a project with my friend in Arkansas over Skype.

Don't you work in game development, or at least do that as a hobby?  Working with code you'd have to have some math aptitude.  I remember struggling with High School math, myself, and required extra help after school in some cases to prepare for tests.

You'd be surprised Liam.  About all the math 80~85% of all programmer require is Algebra 1+2, Linear Algebra, basic Geometry and basic Trigonometry.  By basic Geometry, I mean you wouldn't require understanding how proofs work.

Also Democrobot...wow, what a way to kill any motivation to want to learn.  I'm sorry bro, that's definitely a way to assure a more easily manipulated generation of incompetent buffoons.  Though even in America, my generation is the last generation where even in the most prestigious private schools taught their last curriculum that included such fundamentals as "critical thinking", and learning just the basic principles so as to apply them (we weren't allowed calculators, despite having the TI-82/84/86's back then, which surprisingly haven't changed much over the years).  This so we would learn to calculate entirely in our heads, or learn to formulate the entire problem on paper and break things down.  We were the last to have shop classes where you actually learned practical everyday skills, should say, a piece of wood go bust in your house and you have to rip it open and replace it...last to have sophisticated art and science programs that weren't geared to teaching any particular ideology, philosophy, or gear us in any particular direction.  Last generation to see schools without "Sex Education", which has been directly linked with increased STD exposure in many millenials.

Man I really feel bad for all current and future generations.

Even with all that said, just learn on your own, read, and study, and broaden the scope of what you understand and know of the world, the various doctrines and belief systems people have, the various political ideologies, and learn to think for yourself.  I hope school hasn't turned you off from wanting to learn independently of what passes for a "school".

Good on ya though Erdrick.  You should strive to be the best you can be dude.  You'll get a girlfriend though.  I was a fool in high school, went for an unobtainable girl, fell in love with one who did like me, but at the time I moved away, so wasn't to be.  Then I just went for unobtainable girls, only afterwards did I realize there were several who made it a point to get my attention.  One real beauty, and wow, so intelligent, was constantly calling me to come out to see her dance.  I saw us as friends only, but she dropped off the face of the Earth after avoiding her, and low and behold, married a guy who not only looks like me, but after reading his facebook, and looking at how he dresses, is about as close a copy as I could find without meeting the guy to see just how much we have in common.  I find this is particularly common.  I wouldn't put it past you to one day look back and realize there were girls who you hung out with, that gave you VERY obvious clues they wanted you, but you didn't notice, or didn't want to.  Anyway, I can't even tell you how much free ***** I gave up in college, just totally oblivious to it.  Now I see it because I've had experiences since college, and it's so bloody obvious now.  I actually thought I would be alone for awhile. 

Anyway, my first real girlfriend was sometime prior to college, but she was short lived, and nothing happened except for a little tongue action over the course of a month.  It wouldn't be for another 5 years before I dated another girl, and that one became pretty serious.  We made it to nearly 6 months.  Today we still chat now.  Anyway, I've had a lot of other girlfriends after that.  Just haven't met anyone where we were really right for one another.  Anyhow, my point is you'll find love.  Just don't think about it so much.  You'd be surprised how open college is, and keep an open mind, and you'll be surprised at what you CAN get into.

Just feel lucky you haven't had any trashy girls who will do anything to get you naked...that's a really bad experience, especially if they're willing to resort to drugs hidden in food (I happened to have the luck they had no idea how to cook, since they totally burned out any element of the drug, but wow I do recall how eager they were to get me to keep eating brownies, and wondering if I'm feeling alright...and if I want to, well, do certain things I wasn't interested in with them).

You may end up getting a call from some random girl who live in one of the adjacent dorm rooms though, making a booty call.  Oh yeah, girls do that now, it's a little perturbing, since it means you're man meat to them, but they actually do that.  This for a guy who had only kissed two girls prior to college (me, that was the extent of my experience back then), and one was on a dare, on a bus ride, the other was a month, and wasn't pleasant because...well, she had no idea how to kiss (would learn that later on of course, but I had no idea then).

Edited by ignasia7