Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I just watched the second Resident Evil movie last night.  It was okay, not great.  The Jill Valentine character was really hot, but she's apparently not in any of the sequels except for the 6th one, coming out next year.  I had the same "okay" feeling about the first one, though the sequel was still not as good as the first.  I've only played the first Resident Evil once, and I own RE4 for The Cube, but while it's good, I find the difficulty spikes very early on in the game.  Once you enter the first village it is very easy to get completely swarmed.  It's a cool game, I just don't know that I've ever had the patience to replay that village stage anymore than I already have.

Anyway, I do want to give this series a shot, so I ordered a used copy of RE1 for the PSX.  I also liked that XBox360 game Dead Rising, which was essentially Romero's Dawn of the Dead: fighting zombies in a shopping mall.

She actually appeared in the fifth movie too. And if you plan on watching any of the other ones, don't expect a rise in quality because RE2 was the peak and it's all downhill from there.

Alright, maybe I'll just focus on the games, then. Haha.

There's a whole horror genre that I fell off of a long time ago.  I used to love playing Alone in the Dark on the PC.  It was so versatile, in terms of what you could do--pushing furniture in front of windows to avoid being attacked, and such.  I also remember some weird giant worm found in tunnels in the basement.  It had a lot of replay value because the mansion was large and there were lots of different ways of being attacked by demonic creatures.

...I should really look into Steam.

Edited by Liamland

Callbacks went well. The cast will be posted tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Being a regular customer at your local non-chain video game store is a good thing. Today somebody brought in a stack of games that had been in a fire. There where a bunch that the owner didn't have time to rest, so he put them aside for me to pick through. I don't know yet if they work yet, but I got four games for free: RE4 (GC), Jak 3 (PS2), SSBM (obviously "The Cube"), and Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (GC).

Apparently my Social teacher has arranged for the class to watch volleyball tomorrow. That means more time to play Smash tomorrow.

Alright, maybe I'll just focus on the games, then. Haha.

There's a whole horror genre that I fell off of a long time ago. I used to love playing Alone in the Dark on the PC. It was so versatile, in terms of what you could do--pushing furniture in front of windows to avoid being attacked, and such. I also remember some weird giant worm found in tunnels in the basement. It had a lot of replay value because the mansion was large and there were lots of different ways of being attacked by demonic creatures.

...I should really look into Steam.

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE REMAKE.

Yeah, I'm looking for the original only.  Maybe something where the AI isn't super sophisticated.  Eventually I would like to play RE4 again, and figure out what I'm doing wrong in the village.  They just swarm on my guy if I'm caught by sight or sound.  That means gunshots are out of the question.  Perhaps the whole point of that stage is stealth, ala: Metal Gear Solid.

[!]

...hey, here's an easy Halloween costume for next year:

diy-metal-gear-solid-box-finished.jpg

Edited by Liamland

With Argonia's story arc finished(Thank goodness, I don't have to deal with dragging Prince Charmless around anymore), I'll be going around to get any treasures I can find while doing different alchemy recipes, I have to finish up the last of the Bandannas to make Turbans(Which are starting to be a weak profit due to how much new equipment is starting to cost) while making different medicines and other important gear.

• Upvote 2

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/watch_this_watch_the_whole_goddamn_thing

I just watched this in its entirety.  Words cannot begin to describe it, but it's hilarious.  Just keep watching.

Ah, Trauma Center. I used to own the two Wii games (beaten the second, but the first game....two words: freaking Triti). Me and my sister traded them at Gamestop years ago. It's a

neat series. I never tried the DS ones, though. Anyway, I went to the doctor for my checkup today.

How was that checkup? All's well I hope. No flaming organs flying out of your posterior I hope.

Eheheh, no. It was about my chest pain. He thought I had a bad case of indigestion, but nope- it was due to stress. I'm alright. :D

I've been at a conference for the past two days about 200 miles from home. Hung out with the teacher that teaches a room over and a brand new middle school teacher. Next door dude got drunk at the company dinner and kept drinking back at the hotel. New 22 year-old teacher figured we should keep an eye on him so he didn't do anything stupid. That left us both in the hotel lounge from 8pm-midnight. I had to listen to her whine about her life. She missed college and drinking every night and having friends. How horrible it was moving 1500 miles away and having no one there Oh and I did I mention she was sad she didn't drink as much and missed being captain of the cheerleaders bossing freshman girls around? Yeah, fun night. At least some colleagues from Sweden hung out with us for a couple hours and made it more bearable. I'm the only one left from my school still here. I'm supposed to attend 4 hours tomorrow of "train the trainer". It was a pretty educational theory workshop, and I don't want to bore the people back at school with what I learned here, so I've already got a plan! I ended up with 5 good free websites and apps that are about 5-10 minute learning curves and require zero login information for students to use. I'm probably supposed to lead a staff meeting when I get back at some point. I'm going to introduce each site/app in 5-10 minutes and since most are Q&A or scavenger type programs used to quiz kids, I'm going to load up on teacher handbook rules! We all get emailed a 40-page document St the beginning of the year and have to sign off that we read it. No one does. So, as I introduce the software & apps I'm going to load up loaded questions haha. Also, the scavenger hunt photo app will require them to pose next to things outside and around our meeting room. Should get some hilarious photos back from that!

So, after and steak and sushi dinner, I'm laying here trying to decide if I grade 88 projects I brought with me or read myself to sleep.

Ah, Trauma Center. I used to own the two Wii games (beaten the second, but the first game....two words: freaking Triti). Me and my sister traded them at Gamestop years ago. It's a

neat series. I never tried the DS ones, though. Anyway, I went to the doctor for my checkup today.

How was that checkup? All's well I hope. No flaming organs flying out of your posterior I hope.

Eheheh, no. It was about my chest pain. He thought I had a bad case of indigestion, but nope- it was due to stress. I'm alright. :D

The assassins failed me...

Good to hear that.

The cast list was posted. I GOT TWO-BIT!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I'll be starting up the first Mass Effect as soon as my computer gets back from the shop.  As someone who's only played turn-based JRPGs before, this will be an...experience.  I have horrible reflexes and such, so I'll be screaming and jumping and dying a lot.  Maybe I'll take video for the Internet's amusement.

Lots of work, its been an insane past 2 months! We did a bunch of renovations to the restaurant and got a bunch of new kitchen equipment. We lost 2 staff members because they were done school and moved back home, so there have been a lot of long days trying to make up for the losses.

We hired three more culinary students so things are starting to settle down :)

Also did Extra Life a while ago, my team raised 1075 bucks! We basically doubled what we raised last year. It was a hell of a time this year!

I hope you won't be playing it on Steam, Cannockprincess. I recently got the first two Mass Effect games on Steam and they don't run at all unless you do something specific with your computer.

Can you do Extra Life at any time of the year, or only October? I only ever hear about it and similar game-streaming-charity-fundraisers 'round October.

I'm sick. Joy... At least I have no school until Thursday of next week.

Wow, all that time off...

That's more than enough time to enjoy the trial of DQX! (If you can afford to play after that, I would highly recommend it.)

Wow, all that time off...

That's more than enough time to enjoy the trial of DQX! (If you can afford to play after that, I would highly recommend it.)

I have 5 GB of internet and $15 to my name. Not gonna happen. I would if I could, but I can't, so I shan't.

Hmm. Eridrick sure has been pushing everyone to play DQX lately......

Eventually I would like to play RE4 again, and figure out what I'm doing wrong in the village.  They just swarm on my guy if I'm caught by sight or sound.  That means gunshots are out of the question.  Perhaps the whole point of that stage is stealth, ala: Metal Gear Solid.

The village is a bit overwhelming but it's easy.  There are two parts.  Part A is when you first enter the village.  At that point you're supposed to TRY to sneak around, but you will eventually get caught.  This triggers a chase scene where you're running away from villagers pointing you out to others, throwing things, or attempting to stab/strangle your character.  There's a special chainsaw guy you can take out, but it's recommended on a replay, given the ammo required is a lot, and you'll need it shortly.

At this point you want to enter the largest house in the center of the village (feel free to enter the menu and find it via the map, it pauses the game).  Go through the door to trigger Part B.  Part B is to survive until the chainsaw guy goes down.  Gather the ammo in the house, and kill whoever comes through.  It's usually recommended to go out onto the second floor then onto the roof, and make sure to grab the shotgun.  Go around to the backside of the roof, and wait for the masses of people.  Then use the shotgun and handgun intermittently.  Shotgun, then a quick menu, then equip the handgun and try to get some headshots.  Try not to hit anything that's lying on the ground.  If they start to get up, their hitbox changes and often your bullets, even direct hits, will not count.  Wait until they're back up again.  Oh, and with the Shotgun, try to aim high enough to hit the heads of the mob.  It's more effective.

I believe it's 10 villagers and the Chainsaw guy before the bell rings, or it could be 10 villagers or 9 villagers and the Chainsaw guy.

After the scene ends, run as fast as you can to where your final stand was, and collect the items before they disappear, then raid the village for everything.

I'm not interested in it, honestly. I played way too many MMOs and playing one in a language that I don't understand doesn't seem too appealing.

FF XIV is on sale on Steam, and despite my dislike for the cost of a monthly subscription, I'm tempted to get it. Anyone play it?

FF XIV is on sale on Steam, and despite my dislike for the cost of a monthly subscription, I'm tempted to get it. Anyone play it?

Don't give money to bad people!

It's free. Why wouldn't you? I mean, come on.

Edited by Dwaine