Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I wish they would release those PS4 Dragon Quest releases here to tide us over for XI.

8 minutes ago, Fates said:

I wish they would release those PS4 Dragon Quest releases here to tide us over for XI.

That would be nice. At least we have Builders Switch coming out in February!

I'm reading a manga called Domestic Girlfriend, and this guy is telling his friend he doesn't want to be "hole brothers" with him because his friend is getting close with a "slutty" girl he had sex with. And the whole time, I'm wishing someone had translated "hole brothers" to "Eskimo brothers."

Happy New Year, everyone!

Happy New Year from the Midwest! 

• Like 1

Happy TRUE New Year from California!

• Like 1

New Year's Eve was pretty good. Played some more Dark Souls III, started taking down some Christmas decorations, and in the late afternoon went out to my grandparents for a New Year's Eve potluck with most of the family being there. Pretty good selection of food, including these really good home made sliders one of my aunts brought. They were delicious.

Here's hoping 2018 will be a good year!

Had a somewhat peaceful evening. I have a cold, so I didn't really go anywhere and just spent the entire day resting and recovering. I did, however finish Bayonetta 2 again. I tend to play that game a lot during the holidays.

Doing some cleaning, reorganizing, getting rid of crap I don't need cluttering up my life, etc.

Mostly trying to get rid of some of the dust. I hate dust. I don't want it building up in my home. You let dust build up, and before you know it, you've got an army of dust bunnies plotting to take over.

• Like 1

I have to do something about the work/life balance in my life but... I work so much, I just come back home completely burned out and unable to do anything in 3 waking hours I have left before needing to go to bed.

I really need to get to working out again to knock off the pounds I gained between Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years.

I've got some work to do on myself.

Edited by Fates

I haven't posted anything all year. Happy New Year 

My body is punishing me for the poor sleep schedule I had these past few days.

• Like 1

Last year I set a bunch of goals as my New Years resolution instead of having any one big one, and I ended up more or less achieving all of my important life goals while failing at all the small joke ones that I put equal effort into, which I figured would end up being the opposite. I mostly put in the joke ones so I wouldn't be disappointed when I failed at the big important ones, so I guess my George Costanza life philosophy was a big part of my success.

I'm gonna do the same thing this year, though I don't think it'll be as successful since I won't believe in my failure as much this time around. It doesn't work unless you're the negative (or positive) thing will happen.

My main goals for the year are simple:

1: Quit drinking so much pop.

2: Find a new full time job.

My current job does give me decent hours, but I've been slacking on looking due to the holiday season. I want to fix that.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Not much is new, my dudes. 

Man, I never thought we'd see you this year! It's been so long!

Just joking with you, good to see you still around Bururian. Hope everything is going well.

3 hours ago, Psi Rockin Beta said:

Happy New Year to you all, late though it may be. I'm hoping for a better year in 2018 since 2017 was pretty terrible overall.

You've got all of us here to make your 2018 better.

I've got some friends coming to the city tomorrow for some shenanigans. This will be great since I haven't seen one guy in over a year.

The restructuring of the company is going well. It's slow but going well.

• Like 2

Ruh roh... conference with my supervisor tomorrow. I think it's for the one year evaluation, but still... eep!

So... I was just playing Ratchet and Clank (PS2) and noticed that the camera seemed to be zoomed out pretty far back from Ratchet, for no apparent reason. I kept playing. Then I paused to get out the metal detector (again - it's not in my QuickSelect), and upon, unpausing, realized the camera had zoomed out some more. So, I paused and unpaused again, and sure enough, the camera zoomed out again. I did it one more time because what the heck, I had just finished all the missions on the planet and was next to the ship, about to go to another planet, and if that didn't fix it I could just restart the game... But upon unpausing, the game crashed! The game doesn't save until you get in your ship, so I just lost a good hour of gameplay (kept getting my ass handed to me by the six legged crab aliens on planet Orxon- I don't remember them being so tough when I played through the PS3 version).

I dunno if this is an emulator bug, or if it's a Ratchet and Clank bug. Anybody else have this issue?5a4dcd147b192_PauseFOVbug1720p.thumb.png.ad86bad02337347d86f1260ac3a2fdad.png5a4dcd214a453_PauseFOVbug2720p.thumb.png.a6540bb5352f1427a0ef33520d9bb7d0.png

EDIT: This might be due to the widescreen patch I have applied to the game. Rather than changing a single value, the patch actually looks to be some kind of memory-resident routine that changes the FOV on the fly. Mind, the game executable isn't actually modified on disk (-image), but applied by the emulator at run time. (.pnach)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Snow day today. Getting 8-12 inches with winds at about 40-50 mph.