Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

I'm just living life, but I haven't died yet. Although my persona is undead, I'm not. Wish I was, though.

Sent from my lair using Spiritalk.

Apparently it was DQX version 4 that was always to be released in November.  However, versions 1-3 came out today in Japan for PS4.  Switch is still scheduled for a September release.

I don't think I'll re-purchase versions 1-3 as I've already got them for PC.  Plus to buy versions 1-3 again and then 3 months later buy version 4 just doesn't make any sense.  I'll start with the PC version I bought a few years ago and the save file will transfer when I get version 4 for PS4 on my next Japan trip.

Apparently it was DQX version 4 that was always to be released in November. However, versions 1-3 came out today in Japan for PS4. Switch is still scheduled for a September release.

I don't think I'll re-purchase versions 1-3 as I've already got them for PC. Plus to buy versions 1-3 again and then 3 months later buy version 4 just doesn't make any sense. I'll start with the PC version I bought a few years ago and the save file will transfer when I get version 4 for PS4 on my next Japan trip.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk]

Speaking of buying, I put my order in for my next DQ Symphonic Suite: Dragon Quest VIII!

I ended up buying it with some birthday money I got, and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Textbooks are starting to arrive in the mail. Read the introduction and first chapter of my Elementary Japanese book and then immediately nope'd it across the room. I knew it wasn't an easy language...but dang.

Textbooks are starting to arrive in the mail. Read the introduction and first chapter of my Elementary Japanese book and then immediately nope'd it across the room. I knew it wasn't an easy language...but dang.

Relatable to my first time studying Japanese. You can reach out to me and I can help you and even push out some resources if you want. I do like to use textbooks for language study among other things, but their quality can vary immensely. This is mostly because some go way too fast over some material for some people or don't go into detail as they should about some things. So, please don't be too intimidated. It does take work and dedication, but it could be you might just need to pace yourself differently than how the book might be.

Anyway, I've mostly have been self-studying English, Math and foreign languages (and a little bit of physics) over the summer. I have had some off days, procrastination and such but I have learned a lot as well as made progress and discoveries. It has been fun though within my time spent just enjoying my summer.

I'm going to be getting ready for school by the beginning of next month and will be getting stuff like new school supplies and such.

Edited by chillv
  • Upvote 2

Despite popular belief, I am not dead

Arms are getting worse. Pain now involves a pins and needles pain, more frequent numbness, and evidently weaker joints.

Also, house guests will be staying longer than anticipated. I'm too drained to go on. I need a rest day.

Speaking of rest days, I had planned to rest today but between the arm shenanigans, braking a wire (again), and finding out one of my nieces has lupus, I couldn't really get much rest. I did manage to log a couple hours on DQH so it wasn't a total waste today.

I bought tickets for a little convention in my area. It will be the first I've ever been to. I ordered a new Aquaman shirt to wear.

Just got a mouthful of dust and vomited at work. At least I made it to the bathroom first.

I bought tickets for a little convention in my area. It will be the first I've ever been to. I ordered a new Aquaman shirt to wear.

Dumb idea for you: Take a fake fish with you, and if anyone gives you guff about Aquaman you yell out, "GO, SEA CREATURES!" and then smack them with the fish.

I've been keeping myself busy with a thing I've been doing with some friends. Check it out here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1adnwEs25BDrBtv9ANSt2a5KTP3k3YixkoyAaP8uVAk0/edit#gid=0

That explains why I keep seeing you play the Mega Man collections when I'm on my PS4/Vita.

• Upvote 1

Start with audiobooks like Pimsleur's Learning Languages.  Once you get basic conversation down it will be far easier to match up the different alphabets based on your familiarity with how the language sounds.

I've been keeping myself busy with a thing I've been doing with some friends. Check it out here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1adnwEs25BDrBtv9ANSt2a5KTP3k3YixkoyAaP8uVAk0/edit#gid=0

That explains why I keep seeing you play the Mega Man collections when I'm on my PS4/Vita.

It's all over his Twitter too!  Dedication!

It's all over his Twitter too! Dedication!
I don't use the Twitter ever since I got out of college. I still remember when one of my teachers made it a requirement to have a Twitter account so we could have discussions on there about books.

Once the class ended I never touched my account again. Couldn't tell you the last time I logged on to the Twitter.

Good for Buru for keeping the public up to date though. Keep on keepin' on with that Mega Madness, Bururian.

Friends who haven't beaten Mega Man 2 are not friends.

Thank God! It's the only Mega Man I've ever played. Oh, and beaten.

An old teacher of mine messaged me on Facebook about Mega Man 2 a few weeks back and was in shock I've beaten the game several times (on both difficulties). He's writing a book about games and wanted to know what the Mega Buster was called, or as he put it, "the gun Mega Man uses, what's it called?"

He's going to send me a draft of the book once he's finished since apparently I'm his true video game source (again, his words).

An old teacher of mine messaged me on Facebook about Mega Man 2 a few weeks back and was in shock I've beaten the game several times (on both difficulties). He's writing a book about games and wanted to know what the Mega Buster was called, or as he put it, "the gun Mega Man uses, what's it called?"

He's going to send me a draft of the book once he's finished since apparently I'm his true video game source (again, his words).

He couldn't google it?

Also, he's writing a book on video games and he's using ex-students as his source? There's plenty of better sources then people who know stuff about video games.

He couldn't google it?

Also, he's writing a book on video games and he's using ex-students as his source? There's plenty of better sources then people who know stuff about video games.

I think it's more of kids who play a lot of games. He's been sketchy on the book's details, but since he has written several other young adult novels with similar aged casts I'm guessing the story will focus on a group of kids who play games or these game elements will play heavily into the story somehow. I don't know nor can I say with certainty, but that's my hunch.

The man is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, but he's a good guy. He was an awesome teacher too, and all the things he taught me have stuck so his teaching style works.

Besides, I'm flattered he reached out to me about it. Some of his questions have been annoying, but I'm happy to help him. Knowing him he probably wants to hear these kinds of things from someone he knows personally instead of getting the info from some random website or source.

For anyone curious about him, his name is Trent Reedy. He's written several books that have been published, his first one being "Words in the Dust," which is based on experiences he had overseas while in the army.

I don't use the Twitter ever since I got out of college. I still remember when one of my teachers made it a requirement to have a Twitter account so we could have discussions on there about books.

Once the class ended I never touched my account again. Couldn't tell you the last time I logged on to the Twitter.

Good for Buru for keeping the public up to date though. Keep on keepin' on with that Mega Madness, Bururian.

Each check mark for each person links to a completion photo. It wasn't a requirement, but everyone started doing it. Only one doesn't have it, my clear of MM5 on stream witnessed by the friends.. The next day I decided to do this whole thing, friends jumped on. 

Each check mark for each person links to a completion photo. It wasn't a requirement, but everyone started doing it. Only one doesn't have it, my clear of MM5 on stream witnessed by the friends.. The next day I decided to do this whole thing, friends jumped on. 

The great ProtonJon Battletoads Race makes me want to race through a game against friends. Not through Battletoads AT ALL though.

What you and your friends are doing reminds me of that.

We're doing it in any order we want at any pace we want. I've been doing most of it on stream with said friends watching, and vice versa. We're all excited about it. It's a lot of fun. I'm about to buy a capture device so I can do the X games on my PS1/SNES or GC if I want to use the X Collection.

We're doing it in any order we want at any pace we want. I've been doing most of it on stream with said friends watching, and vice versa. We're all excited about it. It's a lot of fun. I'm about to buy a capture device so I can do the X games on my PS1/SNES or GC if I want to use the X Collection.

I would totally watch you play through Mega Man X7. That game...oh dear...

Or X4, just to see WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!?!?

I would totally watch you play through Mega Man X7. That game...oh dear...

Or X4, just to see WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!?!?

I don't currently own a copy, but I'm trying to find it at the cheapest possible price I can while still being complete in box.

Gross. Found a decent price on a copy of the game, but it comes with no manual, then I found the game seller selling the manual only for half the price of the game, and you have to pay shipping on both.

$15 - Game + case. No Manual

$8 - Manual only, no game. 

$3.65 shipping on each item.

Total?

~$30 after shipping.

That's real shady, man.