Shadow Kunoichi

What's New With You?

In other news...the wedding is a little over a month away...and we still don't have the whole groomsman issue solved.

Totally read that as "the weeding is a little over a month away". Thought you were referring to a gardener as a groomsman, i.e. one who grooms (plants). LOL

Also, I'm glad your cat is doing better. My mother had a calico once, it got into some chemicals while she was out of town. My grandmother went to the apartment to feed the cat and found her sick. Unfortunately, it was too late, and she passed at the vet's office. So I'm very happy for you, that your cat is recovering.

• Upvote 1

It'd be nice to have a normal face-to-face interview for once. The last one was over the phone and my next one with another company is going to be a series of questions that I must answer in video format either on my computer or on my phone. So my options are either to buy a webcam for this, get a tripod, or essentially Facetime this large company while trying to look as professional as one can while doing it.

Haven't run into that one yet. The most ridiculous request I had was to buy and study a book before being interviewed... an obvious scam.

Anyways... at this point I don't think I'll have a job until next year.

• Upvote 1

About the Power Ranger movie, I don't much like reboots of any kind. Imo last series I watched was Mystic Force, but I thought Dino Thunder had that charm of the Mighty Morphin series somewhat. It certainly was nice getting to have "Tommy" aka Jason David Frank back on the show again. Still my favorite ranger. Also, Aust I'm glad to hear your Cat's doing better. My cat died in 2014, so I know too well how a cat owner feels like in that situation. And my Cat died on my birthday of all days, I think sometimes God just likes trolling me. 

Anywho, I got myself a Top loader Nes coming in the mail soon. Also getting TMNT:the arcade game, Smb/Duck hunt, Smb 3, and of course Dragon Warrior. 

Mmm... going to swear off buying new games for myself for the next several months.  I could go on for days about how many games I've been neglecting lately.  DQ8 will have to wait 'til my birthday in February, I'm afraid. 

I haven't even finished DQ7 yet.  Or SMT4A. I haven't beaten Fire Emblem Fates. I haven't beaten Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. I haven't beaten Stella Glow.  I haven't beaten Fantasy Life. I haven't beaten Etrian Untold 2. I haven't beaten Etrian Untold ONE.

the list goes on:  Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Legend Of Legacy, Infinte Dunamis, Crimson Shroud,  Unchained Blades, 7h Dragon 3, LBX, Pokemon X...

Not even done yet, and that's just my 3DS RPG list.

I have to draw a line somewhere, and so I'm swearing off buying new games until March, when the Switch comes out, and only then, getting whatever looks best when it launches.  After that, hopefully I'll have worked off some of my backlog.

You never really 'beat' Theatrhythm. Trust me. Visit the link in my sig. I've put 200 hours into the game and I'm still going.

Haven't beaten DQ7, Never started Bravely Second. Currently in the middle of FF9, and I just bought a ton of RPGs for my PSP:

Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Suikoden 1/2, Wild Arms 1/2, Legend of Dragoon

I'm dooming myself.

• Upvote 1

My Wife started her new job today! She has spent the last 14 months at home with our first born, but now its time for her to get back into the workforce and make some money!

• Upvote 1

You never really 'beat' Theatrhythm. Trust me. Visit the link in my sig. I've put 200 hours into the game and I'm still going.

Haven't beaten DQ7, Never started Bravely Second. Currently in the middle of FF9, and I just bought a ton of RPGs for my PSP:

Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Suikoden 1/2, Wild Arms 1/2, Legend of Dragoon

I'm dooming myself.

With the sales they've been running on the Playstation store, I already have 23 PS1 classics. This is my Black Friday shopping!

EDIT: probably wanna avoid getting fired if my employer saw this. Oopsie daisy.

Edited by eal

Speaking of jobs, both of the prospects I had ultimately turned me down.

Back to no prospects.

My Wife started her new job today! She has spent the last 14 months at home with our first born, but now its time for her to get back into the workforce and make some money!

It's been 42 months (minus a 2-month sub job) since my wife was in the workforce.

I miss money.

• Upvote 1

It'd be cool to have a one-on-one, face-to-face interview with employers for once instead of going through hoops and hurdles doing it every other way.

In this case, I had to do it over an app, getting asked questions and recording video responses and submitting them. First, I don't have a tripod and I couldn't find one on short notice so I had to lean it against something. I never looked like more of an idiot than when I tried recording these questions, it felt so unprofessional the way my videos ended up. Then, twice I ran out of room on my phone because your responses save onto your phone. All 9 1 minute long videos. I had to delete a game, my entire music library, and over 100 pictures for this interview, and they were all incredibly standard questions.

They claimed it was so they could get a better picture of who you are and your personality, but I feel like that would be more effective in person...

It's been 42 months (minus a 2-month sub job) since my wife was in the workforce.

I miss money.

I hear you on that! I figure that if I can keep my wife working for another three and a half years, we might be able to climb out of this debt canyon we find ourselves in.

• Upvote 1

I miss money.

I hear you on that! I figure that if I can keep my wife working for another three and a half years, we might be able to climb out of this debt canyon we find ourselves in.

We're not in that canyon yet, but we have a 10 year-old home. It's on the edge of a canyon. In the next couple of years the AC and/or roof may shift and plunge us over the edge. I've fixed AC issues twice this year already. And I spent a good 3 hours on the roof last month re-cementing loose shingles down.

Going out to get my copy of Pokemon Sun and pre-order Dragon Quest VIII here in a little bit.

My job has also scheduled me on Thanksgiving for the 5th year in a row!

tumblr_mkqsenmWS81rkw57oo1_500.gif

Excuse me...

I made the mistake of watching some fighting game videos, which led me to ones related to Tatsunoko vs Capcom combo videos. I forgot how hype that game could get with its combos and bow destructive everyone on the roster could be. So let's celebrate and pour out a glass for our fallen brother from TvsC's international version (because copy rights are a $#!&@), Hakushon Daimaou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPi0rqK8JY

(I always loved that this video had the oldest Tatsunoko character, Hakushon, beating up the newest Tatsunoko character, Karas, for most of the combos.)

I'm glad I have a copy of this game.

I'm glad we got the game stateside at all. It went from one of those games I only glanced at in Nintendo Power to being one of my most hyped games as 2009 went on before the game finally released on January 26, 2010. It's still my favorite traditional fighting game. Lots of hours have been poured into TvsC: Ultimate All-Stars (probably my most played game that isn't Smash Bros actually).

If only Hakushon Daimaou hadn't been removed in our version because of copyrights in Europe.

I've been playing Dragon Quest VII and Pokemon Sun, my DQVII sessions are mainly monster vocation grinding.

Ugh...

Phone interview. Did not go well.

Phone interviews are terrible. Any interview that isn't face-to-face is terrible.

I heard Japan's really into Halloween. What's that like? It's supposedly a new thing over there or something.

It was pretty lively.  There's a Halloween parade in Shibuya, but my friends and I were seeing a lot of costumes the night before, in Shinjuku.  I saw a ton of Gaijin Marios, and a few pikachus.  The most interesting costume I saw was an entourage of Japanese girls dressed as the McDonaldland characters: The Hamburglar, Birdie, Mayor McCheese, and such.

So as some of you may know, I got married when I was in Japan a few weeks ago.  It was November 11th, the day before I left.  It was a really positive moment in time, after the depressing horrors of the Presidential election results.  The election and the resulting aftermath of xenophobes being given a more powerful voice in politics resulted in an argument which could have derailed our plans.  Tomoko won't be happy moving to the US, if she's going to face an obnoxious amount of racial bigotry.  I calmed her down somewhat on the subject, because NY has a liberal majority, but this is going to be an ongoing struggle for us.  I can't make money in Japan without being fluent, so we're just going to have to find a place that's comfortable until my Japanese is good enough for me to flexibly support us in either the US or Japan.

Edited by Liamland

I kinda never thought I would, but I'm getting back into The Elder Scrolls.

I started test driving a new car this morning. It's a 2010 Ford Taurus and rides really nice. It's a definite yes, just gonna test drive it one more day to see how it handles on the interstate and at night to test the lights.

My current car has been good for the last 7 years (including at times when I probably shouldn't have been driving it!) but the ol' girl just keeps needing more and more work put into her.

So as some of you may know, I got married when I was in Japan a few weeks ago. It was November 11th, the day before I left. It was a really positive moment in time, after the depressing horrors of the Presidential election results. The election and the resulting aftermath of xenophobes being given a more powerful voice in politics resulted in an argument which could have derailed our plans. Tomoko won't be happy moving to the US, if she's going to face an obnoxious amount of racial bigotry. I calmed her down somewhat on the subject, because NY has a liberal majority, but this is going to be an ongoing struggle for us. I can't make money in Japan without being fluent, so we're just going to have to find a place that's comfortable until my Japanese is good enough for me to flexibly support us in either the US or Japan.

Honestly, it's more an issue of embarrassment than anything else. We came out of this election looking like fools and now we have to live with the consequences for the next 4 years. I don't think it's going to be as bad as people think it will be. The President doesn't have unilateral control over everything and his own party isn't into him, so any outlandish idea he throws out will be aggressively reined in. His cabinet choices are concerning but we'll just have to see how it goes.

I think racial tensions are going to escalate rather than relax, but I don't think your family has much to worry about. If I may speak so boldly not knowing anything about your life and experiences, like you said, New York is generally pretty relaxed and in my own personal experiences I've found that, for whatever distorted reasoning racists have, Asians don't face the kind of intense bigotry that other ethnicities do mostly because of the "good stereotypes" they're associated with compared to the "bad stereotypes" others are associated with. So I think you have nothing to worry about.

Trump has a hate-on for China, but not really the Chinese people, and I seem to recall him saying something weird about Japan as a country but probably nothing about Japan's people. And it's clear that neither countries are excited about him working with him.

Maybe it's just easy for me to say this, but I accepted this outcome long ago, back when everyone thought it was a still a funny meme, now I'm just sort of at the "acceptance" phase and I'm just hoping to ride this one out. I'm at a stage in my life where I have no other choice but that.

• Upvote 1