• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Stud

Posted Images

If you want to impress the young, modern female, watch Frozen and be able to quote at least one or two songs verbatim. It works a lot more than you think.

I can play almost all the "Let It Go" song on keyboard  :wd_coolslime:

Frozen seemed to have resonate with little girls, teenage girls, and women in their twenties so if you're shooting for a girl between 15-25, it's a safe bet she loves Frozen and having a passing knowledge of the movie should be enough to impress her.

Usually dinner works.  Find out what type of food she likes and ask her out to a restaurant that serves it (preferably a place neither of you have been to, so that the memories of the first date are tied to the location and not interrupted by other memories.)  Most importantly, when the check comes, you pay.  It's 1950s styled chivalry, but for the first few dates until you're comfortable enough to begin splitting it, it does still impress.

Keep the conversation casual.  If you are visibly nervous then it's not going to go well.

If all else fails, there's always Tinder. :-p

I don't even know what to talk about on a date. Obviously not talk all about myself, but I don't want to bombard her with questions and make her uncomfortable either.

My new goal is to figure out what adult women like to do on dates... I never even dated in high school. (Not that that was by choice...)

Dinner. No movies. The point is to get to know someone, not sit in a dark room together and not talk. Something simple that you can do while talking is always good - miniature golf, billiards,...

In what I refer to my year of dozens of first dates, they were all dinner. So were 2nd and 3rd dates. If there's some farmers market or fair or art festival in town, that works too.

I don't even know what to talk about on a date. Obviously not talk all about myself, but I don't want to bombard her with questions and make her uncomfortable either.

Talk about what you're doing or eating or people around you or what's going on.

If you have enough in common that you could ask her out on a date and she said yes you don't need to worry about thinking about what to say on a date.

Exactly. Then again, I love to talk, so there's that. And (sorry to be stereotypical here) most women love to talk. If the one you asked out doesn't, I'm surprised she agreed to go out, that's usually a super shy person thing. It'll come naturally. For God's sake, don't plan topics to discuss. Let it come from the environment or stuff around you (laugh at someone's ridiculous outfit you see or brown shoes with black pants - or positively about how good the waiter is...)

And yes, talk about yourself, especially when asked. She's not going out with you to NOT find out more about you. Just ask as much (or more) about her than you share.

The typical advice you'll get is to ask her about her interests.  What does she like to do?  Try to find some common ground, and improvise off what she says.  Don't force it, though.  Ultimately, there may just be compatibility issues.  The conversation has to be natural for it to have a chance to work.

Oh, also, don't read The Game.  I have a few different friends who had trouble dating, they read that book, and then they turned into complete a$$h0les with women. It didn't improve their social standing, and it just made them fake, conceited, and douche-baggish.  Just keep it natural and if it works out then great.  If not, there are so many more women out there.

Good luck, guys--to whomever the folks the dating advice applies.  I'm heading home to my DVR.  Gotham started 10 minutes ago and I want to see if this show was worth all the parking spots they took up in Brooklyn to film it.

Still trying to figure out what a flirting girl looks like. Totally clueless still.

I have a read through tomorrow. Hopefully final casting is tomorrow. I'm hoping for something decent and not some 0-6 liner.

Don't worry I haven't figure it out yet at almost 40, my wife and I will go out and she will tell me that women I had talking to were flirting with me. I thought I was just having a nice conversation :)

Still trying to figure out what a flirting girl looks like. Totally clueless still.

I don't know that there's an exact science to recognizing it.  Sometimes they flirt just to see if they can get you interested, then when you reciprocate they move on.  I've been out with quite a few girls like that.  You have to be prepared not to care too much before you really get to know someone.  But usually the more aggressive ones will be very vocal about it, and you can usually tell by their body language, like they smile around you a lot, or try to touch your hand or shoulders, or playfully push you in a jokingly aggressive manner.  Turns out some of the girls in HS that used to annoy me regularly actually had crushes on me, so go figure.  Sometimes it's a mystery how they choose to express themselves.

Edited by Liamland

At least it wasn't her ass. More awkward

They already made that game, remember? It's called Boong-Ga Boong-Ga.

'M sorry, I just can't look at everything and cry, "Oh, teh mysogeny. The pain! THE PAIN!" I'd rather laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. I mean, look at that! What a wonderful world this is...!

I remember Seanbaby's review of Boong-Ga Boong-Ga(Which one of the ratings was left up to the readers). :P

I thought I was just having a nice conversation :)

This happens to me quite a bit, although I'm accused of flirting. I'm not. I'm just being nice and am genuinely interested in the person.

'Course there's always this. (Please turn off the annotations to get rid of that avatar I want to punch.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5q5lPBYahs

*Goes to check that avatar on Youtube*

Reminds me of something a Tumblr artist would draw.

On a side note, I currently want to kick, not punch, but kick the living crap out of my anti-virus program for making that search a living pain in the butt by freezing up my browser just because it was updating. I also feel the same way about TVtropes, the ads on that site start causing problems with my flash player(thus freezing up my browser).

Edited by Stepchan

Yeah, as wonderful a show as Gravity Falls is, there's some buuuuuullllllshit going on with it on Tumblr.

In other news, The Blacklist's Megan Boone was part of the big celebrity leak. Sometimes the internet can be a wonderful place, especially when it responds to the leak with James Spader/Raymond Reddington gifs.

Yeah, as wonderful a show as Gravity Falls is, there's some buuuuuullllllshit going on with it on Tumblr.

I'm curious about this Dwaine. Could you explain and/or link to Tumblr about what's going on with the show?

Y'know how hysterical the Avatar/Korra crowd gets? It's like that only more... I don't know, irksome. Kids trying to make the show deeper than it is. "In character" role playing Q&A. Dipper and Mabel romance. I could go on, but it's best to just stop there. Stop and look no further. Just stick to the official Tumblr where you can get concept art and backgrounds.

Y'know how hysterical the Avatar/Korra crowd gets? It's like that only more... I don't know, irksome. Kids trying to make the show deeper than it is. "In character" role playing Q&A. Dipper and Mabel romance. I could go on, but it's best to just stop there. Stop and look no further. Just stick to the official Tumblr where you can get concept art and backgrounds.

Yeah that definitely answers that then. Fan bases be crazy.

Oh man, Pinecest. I don't care for it either. I also remember Douglas Mackrell on Youtube getting asked his opinion on that particularly taboo ship(He thinks it's gross, but feels it's ultimately not hurting anything. Because of that he won't be critical of anyone that does like it). Someone also brought up the trollfic Dipper Goes to Taco Bell.

On a different note pertaining to the most recent episode, I noticed some posts on Tumblr where people were thinking it was referencing Five Nights At Freddy's. That would only be true if FNaF were released a couple of years ago.

That said, the villian of the week has given me an idea for a Wonder Trade theme.

There's a girl at school in my Drama class who smells like cookies. I can't help but sniff her. This might not end so well.

On a happier(?) note, I'm reading Death of a Salesman in English. Not exactly a happy play, but it is a very relevant play.

For Three Musketeer news, I have been made 3 Innkeepers and a beggar. I only have 12 lines. I was hoping for more, but I'm content with this. At least it won't conflict too much with my schedule.

That's second time today that I've read "Drama" as "Dharma" in one of your posts.

Creepy dude. Don't sniff chicks. (At least, until you get a little more... Personal, if you know what I mean. Wait, what? That's still not right.) oh well, whatever you do, if you must sniff, make sure it's not anywhere near the vertical center of her body.

I just took that way further than it needed to go. Oh well, you won't be getting anywhere anyways, Mr. Floppy.

On a happier(?) note, I'm reading Death of a Salesman in English. Not exactly a happy play, but it is a very relevant play.

For Three Musketeer news, I have been made 3 Innkeepers and a beggar. I only have 12 lines. I was hoping for more, but I'm content with this. At least it won't conflict too much with my schedule.

Arthur Miller probably should have put spoiler tags around that title.

Great play.  Very dark, but very relevant to what happens to a lot of people who live life without focus, or are disconnected from reality.  I have quite a few friends who remind me of Willy Loman, in terms of having stubborn morals that impede their ability to succeed, so they struggle as under-earners.  Basically I have two friends over the age of 35 and one over 40 who still live at home and are dependent upon their family members to support them.  They attempt to work, but don't make decisions well enough to compete in any field, so they are stuck doing jobs like sales or being a doorman.

Sales is a job that anyone can do, but only those who can accurately read people, who understand how they are perceived, and make the right decisions can succeed at it.  That's where the theme from the play comes from, where Willy is a salesman who can't even sell himself.

I was fortunate enough to see the play in 2012, with Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Willy and The Amazing Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) as Biff.  This was also the first time I saw Spiderman in a play where it wasn't a total crap-fest.  If you missed seeing Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark, consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Liamland

Today I might ask out this pretty dark-haired girl at work. She's not the super-hot chick I was talking about, but this girl is more the conservative-pretty girl. (She's cute, but doesn't show off.) Plus, she's got a great personality. And she's very friendly. (In fact, if I'm going to do anything, it has to be soon before I get stuck in the friendzone... Again.)

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?