• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Got good news this morning! Thank goodness! That’s a huge sigh of relief.

Posted Images

It's incredibly strange, isn't it? My current job waited two months to call me after I applied, yet we're always short-staffed. This one I was sure I wasn't going to get a callback from because it had been a month, but at the same time it seemed strange that I wasn't hearing back from them since I'm so qualified for it. It feels like everyone's luck dries out and then it all starts flooding in again, like what happened to me this week and hopefully you as well.

You two stole all my luck. Hope it works out for both of you!

Dog went outside, came inside, threw up and (as my wife described) had a seizure. Only $400 for the vet to confirm they know nothing. I swear this $#!& only happens when I'm not home. Not that I'm cruel, but I rarely go to the doctor myself; I wouldn't take the dog to the emergency vet. Sigh. 2nd time in 4 months. Totally killing our budget.

Yesterday I took an all day drive to get three more arcade machines. I picked up a Ms Pacman, a Pacman cabinet that has been converted into a SNK shooter, and a Frogger Cocktail arcade machine. They all need some work, but I got them at a cheap enough rate to it being worth it.

• Upvote 1

Comes home to play Dragon Quest Heroes. Starts playing. Earns first trophy. Goes to look at trophy list. Oh, hey, PlayStation Network is down due to a DDoS attack.

Got back from Portland today. 

I found many Dragon Quest/Warrior things yesterday at the Retro Expo out there.

Picked up Dragon Warrior 4 CIB + all the mail in items.

Got the Dragon Warrior 1 Nintendo Power guide, the Dragon Warrior 2 Tips and Secrets guide, and the Takoma Dragon Warrior 4 guide.

Also bought two other NES games, The Battle of Olympus and Solstice.

• Upvote 2

By pure chance, I found myself watching some of The Walking Dead's season premiere. All I can say is HOLY FREAKING $#!&!!!

That was a brutal, brutal death I saw. Like, goddamn hardcore messed up.

Got back from Portland today. 

I found many Dragon Quest/Warrior things yesterday at the Retro Expo out there.

Picked up Dragon Warrior 4 CIB + all the mail in items.

Got the Dragon Warrior 1 Nintendo Power guide, the Dragon Warrior 2 Tips and Secrets guide, and the Takoma Dragon Warrior 4 guide.

Also bought two other NES games, The Battle of Olympus and Solstice.

Nice haul! I remember really enjoying Solstice when I was a kid.

Essentially. It was so stereotypically Portland.

I also smelled pot pretty much everywhere I went. 

Great. One of my good friends recently moved to the area and works in Portland. Now I'm sad.

By pure chance, I found myself watching some of The Walking Dead's season premiere. All I can say is HOLY FREAKING $#!&!!!

That was a brutal, brutal death I saw. Like, goddamn hardcore messed up.

The Walking Dead is doing this thing where they know these fan-favorite, classic moments in the comics are coming up, and since everyone is expecting it to happen, they decide to throw a curveball instead of delivering that moment people are hoping for. They did it with the prison in season 3 (and tried to make up for it in season 4) and they did it last night with the season premiere. The show is so obsessed with gimmicks and cliffhangers that it's not even worth my time anymore.

It was pretty brutal, and the episode as a whole was depressing.  Nothing actually got accomplished besides reaction shots of characters dealing with the drama.  I don't know what this season's going to be like if they keep that charming sociopath character around.  We'll see.  I do kinda feel like they're trying to amp the show up, by killing off characters people like, in the same vein as Game of Thrones, where the show goes to great lengths to make you feel for the characters before killing them off at random...except for JS...no, he was too pretty to die.  We can't have that, right ladies?

I just don't like this whole culture the show's bred within its fanbase that certain characters should be untouchable, like Daryl. Despite the fact that the show staff and the original writer pride themselves on unpredictability and the fact that anyone can die, that's wholly untrue. They still don't have the balls to kill off a large swath of characters, only wounding them so you think that those characters could totally die someday. One friend is mad that a character died without completing his story arc or maybe not even getting one to begin with. That it shows a complete disrespect for the character that we know so little about his past even though he's a achieved way more in the show than the comics and we know more about who he is in the show as well. This is a zombie show. Death isn't going to wait for your arc to be resolved.

Why did you spend your vacation in a hipster paradise smelling pots?

I went to Portland over the weekend for the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

I went to buy old games. Walked out with More Dragon Quest than I expected to find.

• Upvote 1

I just don't like this whole culture the show's bred within its fanbase that certain characters should be untouchable, like Daryl. Despite the fact that the show staff and the original writer pride themselves on unpredictability and the fact that anyone can die, that's wholly untrue. They still don't have the balls to kill off a large swath of characters, only wounding them so you think that those characters could totally die someday. One friend is mad that a character died without completing his story arc or maybe not even getting one to begin with. That it shows a complete disrespect for the character that we know so little about his past even though he's a achieved way more in the show than the comics and we know more about who he is in the show as well. This is a zombie show. Death isn't going to wait for your arc to be resolved.

This is why the game was so good. Absolutely no one was safe, and when people were meant to die, there wasn't a damn thing you could do about it. There were a lot of characters in Season 1 I liked, but couldn't save. I don't even know if Clementine will make it through the upcoming Season 3.

Sadly, I can see all the cracks in Telltale games so I don't think I'll be playing season 3. When you had to pick who lived and who died, the one that lived would have an extremely limited role in the next episode and then die in the one after that. Even The Wolf Among Us had a more limited version of that. Their reliance on existing properties and using those characters instead of coming up with their own is also a big thing they need to work out. Walking Dead turned out fine because it was a new set of characters. Game of Thrones used a lot of pre-existing characters unfortunately when it wasn't totally necessary. There's a part where you're given the opportunity to kill Ramsey Snow... HA!

It's not a fair comparison but at least Until Dawn did a good job at hiding all the little cracks in your decision making. And the way you talk to another character matters a lot compared to any Telltale game. Characters will die if you say the wrong things to certain characters and their epilogues will have unique dialogue depending on how they felt about a character.

Telltale has just fallen into a rut lately.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?