You should check out that one episode with the unicorn, They said it was supposed to be some kind of message about the trans community,but it really falls flat on it's face and it ends up being really offensive.

It ends up just being a badly written mess that was probably just made for a quick buck from the 90s nostalgia crowd.

Which is a shame,since the original show was really good and one of my personal favorites

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Happy Halloween everyone. Went to a small costume party dressed as Yoda and won a prize too. As tradition, I have to enjoy something Edgar Allen Poe related and wanted to share it here. Hope ever

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

I got a new phone today. I can call, text, and use data. I CAN PLAY POKÉMON GO

• Upvote 1

When they wrote off Miss Bellum, I was like "What? She hasn't even been in the show yet, and they introduce her by writing her off?"

And the used bullshit progressionism reasons for it, too, when they clearly knew nothing about the character. It's done by a bunch of Adventure Time hacks, so the artwork looks cheap and awful.

Then you've got these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ0XDQXYb8Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOS8giDOpio

Cartoon Network has been a meme factory for years now. They left their live action phase and have been in their "lol random" phase for a long time. Nickelodeon's been appealing to the "Only a '90s kid knows what this is" crowd recently.

Cartoon Network has been a meme factory for years now. They left their live action phase and have been in their "lol random" phase for a long time. Nickelodeon's been appealing to the "Only a '90s kid knows what this is" crowd recently.

Boomerang has been entertaining me more than Cartoon Network lately. Grim Adventures and Dexter's Laboratory ftw. Although I wish they would show some Johnny Bravo and Sheep in the Big City.

@AustNerevar

What Dwaine said. They're trying not to offend, yet they make new villians that are stereotypes(Bikini sisters and Manboy come to mind). Then you have Blossom and Bubbles twerking in that one episode(The review I linked mentions how messed up that is) that might as well be called Ecstasy.

The big drama was that they changed voice actresses, despite them all being still being active.

The reviewer in the link does mention voice acting changes. I also read about that on the videos comments and on TVtropes.

I didn't really think to mention at the time of the post though.
Tara Strong was really hurt about it apparently.

I think she said something along the lines of "feeling like she was stabbed in the heart". Even though I haven't seen any full episodes of the reboot(minus clips from the review), I kind of feel like it's a bullet dodged for her in some ways.

Craig McCracken was against the revival of the show.

The pony/unicorn episode wasn't even originally made with trans types in mind.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/ThePowerpuffGirls2016

@AustNerevar

What Dwaine said. They're trying not to offend, yet they make new villians that are stereotypes(Bikini sisters and Manboy come to mind). Then you have Blossom and Bubbles twerking in that one episode(The review I linked mentions how messed up that is) that might as well be called Ecstasy.

Manboy should've been kept to Johnny Bravo, since it was actually a funny character in that show

You should check out that one episode with the unicorn, They said it was supposed to be some kind of message about the trans community,but it really falls flat on it's face and it ends up being really offensive.

If anybody has a synopsis or short clip I'll check it out.

@AustNerevar

What Dwaine said. They're trying not to offend, yet they make new villians that are stereotypes(Bikini sisters and Manboy come to mind).

I just googled Manboy Powerpuff Girls. That is horribly misandrist. Is this $#!& being funneled into kids' heads? I don't have a problem with putting trans rolemodels into kids stuff, but this sexist crap is a step backwards. What the $#!& do these people think gender equality means anyway?

EDIT: By the way, why is the word 'cr@p' censored? Sorry if using @ to get around the censor is against the rules. I'll remove this portion if need be, just curious.

Edited by AustNerevar

Crap isn't censored.

It's only $#!&, $#!&, $#!&@, and so on that's censored. :P

We even made a list at one point in the status update section.

Crap

Not censored for me.

That's incredibly bizarre. Is there any difference between using Tapatalk as opposed to the site? The above post I made using the site. Im using Tapatalk now. Crap?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Crap

Not censored for me.

That's incredibly bizarre. Is there any difference between using Tapatalk as opposed to the site? The above post I made using the site. Im using Tapatalk now. Crap?

Sent from my Nexus 6

I never thought there was any $#!&ing difference, but who the hell knows! I use Tapatalk 99% of the time and the site still censors. What's funny though, is that Tapatalk previews of posts aren't, so if you cuss in the first sentence, I see it in the preview, but it's censored when I open it.

There's no difference in the mobile or full site, so Tapatalk probably applies to that (apart from the preview post bit Platty mentioned).

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Maybe I started to type crap and then just put s**t instead, knowing it would be censored. Then I just forgot. That certainly sounds like something I would do.

• Upvote 1

Crap isn't censored.

Doesn't making a list defeat the purpose of censoring?  :tounge2:

Crap isn't censored.

Doesn't making a list defeat the purpose of censoring? :tounge2:
The point of the list was just to see what all words would be censored. Surprisingly a number of words flew under the site's censor radar.

We all had a laugh over what wasn't censored since we just kept throwing words out to see what would happen.

Crap isn't censored.

Doesn't making a list defeat the purpose of censoring? :tounge2:
The point of the list was just to see what all words would be censored. Surprisingly a number of words flew under the site's censor radar.

We all had a laugh over what wasn't censored since we just kept throwing words out to see what would happen.

Didn't the site used to not be censored?

I have no idea. I've only been around the Den for 3 years now, and as far as I can remember it has censored curse words since then.

That's a question for Woodus, King Zenith, or Dwaine.

Joker 1 over censored words. I couldn't nickname Wailing Weed Mr Weed, because it had the word weed in it  >.<

And I couldn't use the word night. I assume its because nig is in it

Edited by Wes

Yesterday was a busy day. My home town was doing their annual Fun Days celebration, and I helped out with the parade and a food stand in the evening before the fireworks show. The "float" (or rather golf cart) we used to promote the food stand helped draw in extra customers outside the flyers we put up over town, and the stand did very well for my uncle. He was going to donate the money to the local QRS (Quick Response Service) to help them get some new equipment, medical supplies, and so on.

I ended up seeing quite a few high school classmates I haven't seen since graduation, so it was good catching up with them and seeing them enjoying the Fun Days.

So I got my last paycheck from work and god help me I'm thinking of picking up an Epiphone SG. I kinda want to learn guitar, and I've always loved the SG design so I thought I would start with that.

Sadly this is just a pipe dream for now, until I find work.

Edited by Fates

I now own all the Star Trek movies. Found season 6 of TNG so I can continue watching. Lamented over not buying TOS on DVD. Played a toooooon of KoF13 with a friend. Found some out of print books from an author I really liked, who invited me to bring them to get signed at DragonCon over twitter. It was a good weekend.

• Upvote 1

KoFXIII?!?! I love that game, one of my favorite KoF games. It gave us Raiden and Hwa Jai as playable characters, not to mention Mr. Karate.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?