I return to work tomorrow... I'm not sure what I'm returning to. I don't think much good is going to come of it.

I've begun sending out other applications, but job hunts seldom work out easily.

I hate this, I'm between a rock and a hard place. This is falling apart but I *NEED* insurance for medication I am taking that I can't be without (without serious side effects).

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

Oh @Plattym3, I made something for you. Warning DQXI Post-game spoilers  

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Posted Images

The memories of sex-that-could-have-been still haunts me to this day. It's some kind of curse. I swear, a woman could have waved me in with flashing cones and a landing strip and I would have thought she was just being nice to me.

I try not to think about it because it makes me really hate my young oblivious self. You ignorant piece of rock, what the hell were you doing??

Sent from my Nexus 6

The memories of sex-that-could-have-been still haunts me to this day. It's some kind of curse. I swear, a woman could have waved me in with flashing cones and a landing strip and I would have thought she was just being nice to me.

I try not to think about it because it makes me really hate my young oblivious self. You ignorant piece of rock, what the hell were you doing??

Sent from my Nexus 6

LOL, oh yeah.  I don't see it as a curse.  More like a...ok, next time I'll pay attention.   Though when I do start thinking about it...wow, the memories kind of flood, and I'm stuck looking at my past self, scratching my head..."WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!"

I return to work tomorrow... I'm not sure what I'm returning to. I don't think much good is going to come of it.

I've begun sending out other applications, but job hunts seldom work out easily.

I hate this, I'm between a rock and a hard place. This is falling apart but I *NEED* insurance for medication I am taking that I can't be without (without serious side effects).

Mantra.  Helps to play a theme song in your head that gives you a boost of confidence.  Not about your job now, but about future prospects.  I know it's hard, especially given that ridiculous system that allows other employees to target someone (I'm pretty sure you're not the only one making mistakes), and essentially make it harder for that person to function rather than fix the issue internally, and drive better internal relationships that help buoy and support anyone under the weather or going through a rough patch.  I'll never understand dog-eat-dog mentality in work environments, it doesn't breed out the weak so much as find weaknesses and exploit them, creating a weakness to tear down, like a pack of rabid dogs seeking out a victim from within the pack itself.

Good luck though.

Sorry about that, I got really carried away.

It was definitely an interesting read. Unfortunately, I don't really relate because I'm a fairly oblivious person and I also rarely go out. Still informative though.

When you get older, you'll see it.  Maybe being oblivious to it might help, since you can just move on and not care.  LOL, maybe it's because I pay attention to details, but it wasn't stuff I noticed until much later on anyhow.

• Upvote 1

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/analogue-nt-nes-priced-at-5000-dollars/#ixzz451W60w9x

Nothing screams excess quite like a $5,000 24 karat gold NES.

Sent from my Nexus 6

LOL, oh yeah. I don't see it as a curse. More like a...ok, next time I'll pay attention. Though when I do start thinking about it...wow, the memories kind of flood, and I'm stuck looking at my past self, scratching my head..."WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!"

It's a curse when you're no longer single.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sent from my Nexus 6

LOL, oh yeah. I don't see it as a curse. More like a...ok, next time I'll pay attention. Though when I do start thinking about it...wow, the memories kind of flood, and I'm stuck looking at my past self, scratching my head..."WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!"

It's a curse when you're no longer single.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I never think about it when I'm in a relationship...it only ever occurs when I'm single.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/analogue-nt-nes-priced-at-5000-dollars/#ixzz451W60w9x

Nothing screams excess quite like a $5,000 24 karat gold NES.

Dear lord, I thought I had ego problems.

It's the NES that MC Hammer would have owned had he not gone bankrupt buying a gold mansion.

Awesome, DBZ: Extreme Butoden is finally getting the update patch in the west that adds in some new features! I've been wanting to play this game again, so now's the perfect time to break it out again.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/06/dragon-ball-z-extreme-butoden-adds-3-new-modes-newest-patch/

Well, it's done. I was let go. But not "fired", as I will at least have a positive reference out of it, which I'm grateful for.

Awesome, DBZ: Extreme Butoden is finally getting the update patch in the west that adds in some new features! I've been wanting to play this game again, so now's the perfect time to break it out again.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/06/dragon-ball-z-extreme-butoden-adds-3-new-modes-newest-patch/

We still have to wait outside of Europe, hopefully we get it tomorrow.

As to this wild oats talk, you guys could have ended up some teen's baby daddy due to inexperience with girls who like getting pregnant. Consider yourselves lucky.

Edited by En Garde

Awesome, DBZ: Extreme Butoden is finally getting the update patch in the west that adds in some new features! I've been wanting to play this game again, so now's the perfect time to break it out again.http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/06/dragon-ball-z-extreme-butoden-adds-3-new-modes-newest-patch/

I saw that not long after I posted that news. I hope it will launch tomorrow too, and if not then sometime this month.

Either way I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Day 3 since the "just friends" has happened and I'm starting to not mind it. Couple of guys offered to wingman me, though I don't see how well that'll work. I dislike bars, clubs, large groups of people, or being out late. School is probably the best shot.

I really wish I had gotten out there, sewn my oats, and had fun when I was younger.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Heh, I passed up on a lot of offers of companionship in college, I was a total jerk to a few lasses.  Left a lot hanging, with promises I'd make some time, but never did.  Then again I went through a crazy depressive period at the time and wasn't in the mood to play boyfriend, nor did I want to draw them into the darkness in my head.  I even let three female friends who made it obvious (inviting me into their rooms with just a robe or a towel on...their friends snickering from across the way when I came over, like they knew something), or when my friend Sarah invited me to see certain piercings, and I was the only male invited TO get a private screening, even asked me if I wanted to touch them.  I didn't care at the time, LOL.  WTF was wrong with me?  That was just the surface...I passed up so many offers in college.  I don't think I even realized my opportunities until years later.  I had an inkling with two girls I was friendly with.  Mel for one, who kept spreading her legs in front of me, and had nothing there...nothing.  She made sure I was looking too.  She found a bf after 3 months of throwing herself at me.  They ended up getting married (that was something Mel was about as well, getting married early on in life...maybe that scared me off?  I don't know, but she was fantastic as a person, I mean we hung out for hours and hours).

These were really great women too.  I really liked them, but I just.  I don't know.  I was foolish in college.  Very foolish.  It's a good lesson though.  To be able to recognize a lady as being worthwhile when it's in front of my face.  To know how to tell if I'm being hit on, or maybe it's more that I have value and if I am being hit on, I shouldn't pass it up.

My God.  High school.

Every art class, this one REALLY hot girl from a grade below, would bring in a red lollipop, wait for me to sit down, sit opposite me, would pop it in her mouth, then played footsy under the table...every class for months.  What she did to that sucker...oh man, I had no desire for that girl either.  None.

Kali Neal.  For 2 years, she put on skimpy clothes, told me she was a slut who would do anything to any guy (just in front of me, she was a good girl in front of everyone else), and she would douse herself in pheromones ONLY when she came to visit me.  She was cute, I liked her, but not like that.  She was obsessed with getting my clothes off.  Would try to get me drunk or stoned on baked goods she put pot in.  Even setup a threesome with a mutual friend.  LOL.  I passed all of that up too.  I am glad I passed that one up.  Kali was a monster in so many ways.  I don't really like a free lunch.  I like a little bit of a chase, or at least someone who isn't so blatant and in my face, or assumes that just because I'm a guy I like a loose woman.  I don't.  Never have.

OMG, the more I think about it, I passed up so many relationship and uh...other opportunities.

My friend Neda.  Total package in every way.  Gorgeous woman, smart, VERY smart, very savvy as well.  Artistic.  Expressive, and she had a mouth on her if she was upset.  I thought she liked my friend Zack.  Nope.  I didn't pay attention.  She invited me to every one of her gigs.  Every.  Single.  One.  Neda was an unbelievable woman in every respect.  EVERY respect.  One day she stopped calling, and ended up in a relationship with a carbon copy of me.  Looks, clothing style, even personal taste and mannerisms.  Hah, that was awesome to see.  She's really happy with him, so she ended up well and good.

This girl I met way back in junior high.  I went to this party for this girl.  There was this really cute blonde.  She paid attention to no one else but me the moment I walked into the door.  Never got her number.  Never forgot her face though, but that one...wow, I've met some amazing women in my life, some of whom I let slip through the cracks.

So many others.  I actually went after this one girl in High School I had no chance with.  Wasn't remotely interested, and I knew it.  I didn't want to date at the time, and preferred a scenario of the unobtainable.

In college, just have fun.  See women, meet women, if you find someone amazing, and she thinks you're great, go with it.  Seriously.  Go.  With.  It.  Don't pass up a good thing.  If it doesn't work out, you'll find someone else.  Careful though about women who are too loose.  That's when you run into problems.

Plot twist: ignasia7 was a puppy all along, and never realized he wasn't human. It makes perfect sense. People are generally less shy around animals, hence the girls in towels. Sarah never let guys see certain piercing, but had no problem showing them to a puppy. Mel was afraid of dogs, so she spread her legs to appear bigger, like people spread their arms to try and scare bears. The girl from art class was taunting poor Pupnasia with candy. Kali was actually kinda shy, so she practiced her lines to a puppy, not knowing he could understand her. I have no clue why Neda would marry someone who looked and acted like a dog, but I won't judge. The girl from the party gave Pupnasia all the attention because he was an adorable puppy. Finally, the girl he had no chance with was more of a cat person.

The only question that still remains is this. How did a dog learn how to use a computer and/or phone?

• Upvote 1

Day 3 since the "just friends" has happened and I'm starting to not mind it. Couple of guys offered to wingman me, though I don't see how well that'll work. I dislike bars, clubs, large groups of people, or being out late. School is probably the best shot.

I really wish I had gotten out there, sewn my oats, and had fun when I was younger.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Heh, I passed up on a lot of offers of companionship in college, I was a total jerk to a few lasses.  Left a lot hanging, with promises I'd make some time, but never did.  Then again I went through a crazy depressive period at the time and wasn't in the mood to play boyfriend, nor did I want to draw them into the darkness in my head.  I even let three female friends who made it obvious (inviting me into their rooms with just a robe or a towel on...their friends snickering from across the way when I came over, like they knew something), or when my friend Sarah invited me to see certain piercings, and I was the only male invited TO get a private screening, even asked me if I wanted to touch them.  I didn't care at the time, LOL.  WTF was wrong with me?  That was just the surface...I passed up so many offers in college.  I don't think I even realized my opportunities until years later.  I had an inkling with two girls I was friendly with.  Mel for one, who kept spreading her legs in front of me, and had nothing there...nothing.  She made sure I was looking too.  She found a bf after 3 months of throwing herself at me.  They ended up getting married (that was something Mel was about as well, getting married early on in life...maybe that scared me off?  I don't know, but she was fantastic as a person, I mean we hung out for hours and hours).

These were really great women too.  I really liked them, but I just.  I don't know.  I was foolish in college.  Very foolish.  It's a good lesson though.  To be able to recognize a lady as being worthwhile when it's in front of my face.  To know how to tell if I'm being hit on, or maybe it's more that I have value and if I am being hit on, I shouldn't pass it up.

My God.  High school.

Every art class, this one REALLY hot girl from a grade below, would bring in a red lollipop, wait for me to sit down, sit opposite me, would pop it in her mouth, then played footsy under the table...every class for months.  What she did to that sucker...oh man, I had no desire for that girl either.  None.

Kali Neal.  For 2 years, she put on skimpy clothes, told me she was a slut who would do anything to any guy (just in front of me, she was a good girl in front of everyone else), and she would douse herself in pheromones ONLY when she came to visit me.  She was cute, I liked her, but not like that.  She was obsessed with getting my clothes off.  Would try to get me drunk or stoned on baked goods she put pot in.  Even setup a threesome with a mutual friend.  LOL.  I passed all of that up too.  I am glad I passed that one up.  Kali was a monster in so many ways.  I don't really like a free lunch.  I like a little bit of a chase, or at least someone who isn't so blatant and in my face, or assumes that just because I'm a guy I like a loose woman.  I don't.  Never have.

OMG, the more I think about it, I passed up so many relationship and uh...other opportunities.

My friend Neda.  Total package in every way.  Gorgeous woman, smart, VERY smart, very savvy as well.  Artistic.  Expressive, and she had a mouth on her if she was upset.  I thought she liked my friend Zack.  Nope.  I didn't pay attention.  She invited me to every one of her gigs.  Every.  Single.  One.  Neda was an unbelievable woman in every respect.  EVERY respect.  One day she stopped calling, and ended up in a relationship with a carbon copy of me.  Looks, clothing style, even personal taste and mannerisms.  Hah, that was awesome to see.  She's really happy with him, so she ended up well and good.

This girl I met way back in junior high.  I went to this party for this girl.  There was this really cute blonde.  She paid attention to no one else but me the moment I walked into the door.  Never got her number.  Never forgot her face though, but that one...wow, I've met some amazing women in my life, some of whom I let slip through the cracks.

So many others.  I actually went after this one girl in High School I had no chance with.  Wasn't remotely interested, and I knew it.  I didn't want to date at the time, and preferred a scenario of the unobtainable.

In college, just have fun.  See women, meet women, if you find someone amazing, and she thinks you're great, go with it.  Seriously.  Go.  With.  It.  Don't pass up a good thing.  If it doesn't work out, you'll find someone else.  Careful though about women who are too loose.  That's when you run into problems.

Plot twist: ignasia7 was a puppy all along, and never realized he wasn't human. It makes perfect sense. People are generally less shy around animals, hence the girls in towels. Sarah never let guys see certain piercing, but had no problem showing them to a puppy. Mel was afraid of dogs, so she spread her legs to appear bigger, like people spread their arms to try and scare bears. The girl from art class was taunting poor Pupnasia with candy. Kali was actually kinda shy, so she practiced her lines to a puppy, not knowing he could understand her. I have no clue why Neda would marry someone who looked and acted like a dog, but I won't judge. The girl from the party gave Pupnasia all the attention because he was an adorable puppy. Finally, the girl he had no chance with was more of a cat person.

The only question that still remains is this. How did a dog learn how to use a computer and/or phone?

Something something Full Metal Alchemist

Sent from my Nexus 6

My God.  High school.

Something something Full Metal Alchemist

LOL...what?

Yes, a pup with amazing skill.

Awesome, DBZ: Extreme Butoden is finally getting the update patch in the west that adds in some new features! I've been wanting to play this game again, so now's the perfect time to break it out again.http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/06/dragon-ball-z-extreme-butoden-adds-3-new-modes-newest-patch/

I saw that not long after I posted that news. I hope it will launch tomorrow too, and if not then sometime this month.

Either way I'm really looking forward to it.

You've put me in the mood to see the entire DBZ series again...damn you!

Urge to message is growing stronger. Must stay strong.

I scored free pancakes at school today. Neat.

• Upvote 1

Sent from my Nexus 6

Heh, I passed up on a lot of offers of companionship in college, I was a total jerk to a few lasses. Left a lot hanging, with promises I'd make some time, but never did. Then again I went through a crazy depressive period at the time and wasn't in the mood to play boyfriend, nor did I want to draw them into the darkness in my head. I even let three female friends who made it obvious (inviting me into their rooms with just a robe or a towel on...their friends snickering from across the way when I came over, like they knew something), or when my friend Sarah invited me to see certain piercings, and I was the only male invited TO get a private screening, even asked me if I wanted to touch them. I didn't care at the time, LOL. WTF was wrong with me? That was just the surface...I passed up so many offers in college. I don't think I even realized my opportunities until years later. I had an inkling with two girls I was friendly with. Mel for one, who kept spreading her legs in front of me, and had nothing there...nothing. She made sure I was looking too. She found a bf after 3 months of throwing herself at me. They ended up getting married (that was something Mel was about as well, getting married early on in life...maybe that scared me off? I don't know, but she was fantastic as a person, I mean we hung out for hours and hours).

These were really great women too. I really liked them, but I just. I don't know. I was foolish in college. Very foolish. It's a good lesson though. To be able to recognize a lady as being worthwhile when it's in front of my face. To know how to tell if I'm being hit on, or maybe it's more that I have value and if I am being hit on, I shouldn't pass it up.

My God. High school.

Every art class, this one REALLY hot girl from a grade below, would bring in a red lollipop, wait for me to sit down, sit opposite me, would pop it in her mouth, then played footsy under the table...every class for months. What she did to that sucker...oh man, I had no desire for that girl either. None.

Kali Neal. For 2 years, she put on skimpy clothes, told me she was a slut who would do anything to any guy (just in front of me, she was a good girl in front of everyone else), and she would douse herself in pheromones ONLY when she came to visit me. She was cute, I liked her, but not like that. She was obsessed with getting my clothes off. Would try to get me drunk or stoned on baked goods she put pot in. Even setup a threesome with a mutual friend. LOL. I passed all of that up too. I am glad I passed that one up. Kali was a monster in so many ways. I don't really like a free lunch. I like a little bit of a chase, or at least someone who isn't so blatant and in my face, or assumes that just because I'm a guy I like a loose woman. I don't. Never have.

My friend Neda. Total package in every way. Gorgeous woman, smart, VERY smart, very savvy as well. Artistic. Expressive, and she had a mouth on her if she was upset. I thought she liked my friend Zack. Nope. I didn't pay attention. She invited me to every one of her gigs. Every. Single. One. Neda was an unbelievable woman in every respect. EVERY respect. One day she stopped calling, and ended up in a relationship with a carbon copy of me. Looks, clothing style, even personal taste and mannerisms. Hah, that was awesome to see. She's really happy with him, so she ended up well and good.

This girl I met way back in junior high. I went to this party for this girl. There was this really cute blonde. She paid attention to no one else but me the moment I walked into the door. Never got her number. Never forgot her face though, but that one...wow, I've met some amazing women in my life, some of whom I let slip through the cracks.

So many others. I actually went after this one girl in High School I had no chance with. Wasn't remotely interested, and I knew it. I didn't want to date at the time, and preferred a scenario of the unobtainable.

In college, just have fun. See women, meet women, if you find someone amazing, and she thinks you're great, go with it. Seriously. Go. With. It. Don't pass up a good thing. If it doesn't work out, you'll find someone else. Careful though about women who are too loose. That's when you run into problems.

Occam's Razor man.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Demo, it's fine to message her if you want to ask her if she's up for lunch, a coffee, or doing something.  You make the plan, put it out there, then leave it up to her.  Just one single message.  If she says no, flat out, then leave it, not worth it.  If she says "I can't now," then ask when she's available, but leave it short, simple, to the point.  No follow-ups unless she says she's up for it, then say something like "cool, cya there."

• Upvote 1

I'm not big on lunch dates or coffee personally. That's the sort of thing you do between other things like classes and you don't get much quality time. Plus, it can get a little too chummy.

Maybe if you can wait until the beginning of next week, made her think the situation for a while, ask her if she wants to go somewhere on the weekend? That way she hasn't made any plans yet, and if she has changed her mind you have given her the perfect opportunity to jump back in with a week's worth of anticipation.

Edited by En Garde

She sounds great.  Hook a brother up.

You wouldn't want to meet her.  It was an effort not to do anything with her, but I wasn't attracted to her.  I don't like someone that easy.

After about a year and a half, she invited herself to stay overnight when a friend of mine who knew Kali decided to take a trip back to New Mexico, stayed at my place the first night.  Kali openly asked me to f*** her while he was sleeping.  I declined, and woke up to find the two of them were going at it right next to me.  So I moved to my room.  Next morning he felt bad, and she was pissed with me.  After that she changed her attitude towards me.  Basically started making up stories about me and spreading them around.  Managed to convince our mutual group of friends of a bunch of pretty bad things about me.  They stopped calling and inviting me to meet with them.

I get word from one member of the group who never liked her, but we weren't that close either.  I was really good friends with his brother though, I mean we hung out pretty much daily.  Anyway, a year later the group breaks up, and Kali gets herself knocked up and in an abusive relationship.  I don't recall if they got married.  Then she moves up to Ft. Collins, CO.  Apparently pretty miserable, and friendless.  The group apparently split up as friends within a month of my being essentially kicked out.  All best friends, really tight, and then bam, it's broken into pieces almost instantly.

Oh the DBZ: Extreme Butoden 1.1 patch is so nice.

15 brand new assist characters, variants for the cast, survival mode, online play, an actual training mode, and faster times on the super moves.

Well Extreme Butoden, looks like you'll be keeping me busy for awhile once again.

For she is Kali, Destroyer of Worlds.  I, too, have known world destroyers in my day.

LOL, you know I never made that connection until now.  Indeed, there's always someone like that out there.  I feel bad for them.  Such sad individuals.

Oh the DBZ: Extreme Butoden 1.1 patch is so nice.

15 brand new assist characters, variants for the cast, survival mode, online play, an actual training mode, and faster times on the super moves.

Well Extreme Butoden, looks like you'll be keeping me busy for awhile once again.

An actual training mode?  I have to tell my friend Chason about this.  He was obsessed with the game awhile back.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?