Hell, there's a sticker on the panelling in my bathroom that says my walls can cause cancer, in California.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Stay in Whealbrook!
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

The lost dog has come back to town! Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting! I have missed this place!

I got a kitten. Named her Melony

Posted Images

So I now own a complete, sealed copy of Dragon Warrior for NES. I'll take pics when I get home.

I believe it is Revision A, as the box shows a screen shot that says "Thy hit points" rather than "Thy hits". I don't plan on opening the package to check though.

• Upvote 1

If it's Revision A, there will be black text in the bottom right of the front of the box that says "Rev-A" Mine has it.

Thanks, yes it is REV-A. (I thought that designation was only printed on the cart.)

30wtly0.jpg

ou366r.jpg

Did a little more on my laptop, got important bookmarks taken care and watched a little Youtube(first being Dookieshed and Trickywi). It's nice to get to listen to music on there again, especially nightcore.

Edited by Stepchan

*sigh*

Things are getting worse at work. :worried:

EDIT: Why am I always the top post now!? D:

Edited by Fates

*sigh*

Things are getting worse at work. :worried:

EDIT: Why am I always the top post now!? D:

Worse in what way?

Ok basically here's the rundown:

So yeah, I made some mistakes.

On Tuesday, one of my co-workers (who I REALLY think does NOT like me) posted virtually all of these mistakes in the public chat system we use. Ever since then it seems like all of my co-workers have been short with me.

I'm extremely stressed out. My boss had a talk with me about these errors and immediately after that discussion... I made another mistake :puzzled: I don't feel comfortable there anymore or even welcome to be honest.

I suppose I deserve it for making these errors. I'm shocked I haven't been fired, honestly. But the thought has occurred to me to resign. My reputation there is damaged, beyond repair I think.

I just don't know what to do now. It's very unlike me to ramble like this but... I really have to let this out.

Edot: Forget about my question, it's none of my business.

That was not cool of your co-worker to go onto the chat system. Sorry to hear about that and everything else, Fates.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If you're at that stage, my recommendation is to take a leave of absence, or quit your job.  Take some time off, get your head straight, because the office environment is only going go spiral from here, unless you can suddenly, magically, twist yourself of the excess baggage and problems holding you hostage in your personal life then straighten yourself out free and clear  (especially considering your mum...I know, I've been there, I had a total collapse and breakdown after my mum had cancer for the 3rd time a year after a critical surgery...I was let go a year earlier as well...it was bad).

It's hard to let go, but at this stage, given this situation maybe it's something in life telling you you're not supposed to be there.  Maybe it's time to move on, and this is the warning shot.

I don't know, but I'd take it, do you have savings at all?  I would suggest looking after your mum, but doing things you haven't taken any time to do.  Any particular place you've wanted to visit?  Or activities you've put aside?  Or friends you haven't spoken to in awhile?

It also looks better on paper if you hand in your pink slip, rather than have it handed to you.  The typical breakdown of this is going to be the office and manager will look at you, and you'll know it, and because of this, you'll focus less on quality of work, and more on the daily stress of not screwing up, causing you to actually screw up more.  Pressure is only good if you're in the mindset that you CAN make it work out.  If you're in this state, you'll be in the opposite, and always fighting back the fear of screwing up.

So yeah, I say leave now, get yourself in order, figure YOU out, get your head on straight, get some needed rest.  Make sure you're clear with how you feel about your mum's health in the future and that you're prepared to handle anything that comes.  Maybe your next job will come to you in those desperate moments, or maybe in the calm it just pops, some opportunity or idea comes your way.  Seize it at that point.

I hope that helps.

The lesson is to never use the terrible company chat system. My employer also has one and it is unused, abandoned, and lacks any real purpose since our bosses prefer we not speak to each other at work while also trying to foster a sense of family and community among its employees by making us feel like we matter by telling us they made such-and-such billions of dollars this quarter and it's all thanks to us.

Sorry I made this about me out of nowhere but I felt like this was my only opportunity to make this self-indulgent rant. I find that any company social media platform is terrible, basically.

Edot: Forget about my question, it's none of my business.

That was not cool of your co-worker to go onto the chat system. Sorry to hear about that and everything else, Fates.

No it's fine you can ask.

If you're at that stage, my recommendation is to take a leave of absence, or quit your job.  Take some time off, get your head straight, because the office environment is only going go spiral from here, unless you can suddenly, magically, twist yourself of the excess baggage and problems holding you hostage in your personal life then straighten yourself out free and clear  (especially considering your mum...I know, I've been there, I had a total collapse and breakdown after my mum had cancer for the 3rd time a year after a critical surgery...I was let go a year earlier as well...it was bad).

It's hard to let go, but at this stage, given this situation maybe it's something in life telling you you're not supposed to be there.  Maybe it's time to move on, and this is the warning shot.

I don't know, but I'd take it, do you have savings at all?  I would suggest looking after your mum, but doing things you haven't taken any time to do.  Any particular place you've wanted to visit?  Or activities you've put aside?  Or friends you haven't spoken to in awhile?

It also looks better on paper if you hand in your pink slip, rather than have it handed to you.  The typical breakdown of this is going to be the office and manager will look at you, and you'll know it, and because of this, you'll focus less on quality of work, and more on the daily stress of not screwing up, causing you to actually screw up more.  Pressure is only good if you're in the mindset that you CAN make it work out.  If you're in this state, you'll be in the opposite, and always fighting back the fear of screwing up.

So yeah, I say leave now, get yourself in order, figure YOU out, get your head on straight, get some needed rest.  Make sure you're clear with how you feel about your mum's health in the future and that you're prepared to handle anything that comes.  Maybe your next job will come to you in those desperate moments, or maybe in the calm it just pops, some opportunity or idea comes your way.  Seize it at that point.

I hope that helps.

Thank you.

I may have to consider taking a leave. I don't want to quit the job. But this is, as you said, getting out of control, and my stress levels are only going up making me less effective at my job.

I'll have to talk to my manager. This may be the most difficult conversation I'll ever have. To be honest, I fear that just may make them finally decide to cut me.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for double post

The lesson is to never use the terrible company chat system. My employer also has one and it is unused, abandoned, and lacks any real purpose since our bosses prefer we not speak to each other at work while also trying to foster a sense of family and community among its employees by making us feel like we matter by telling us they made such-and-such billions of dollars this quarter and it's all thanks to us.

Sorry I made this about me out of nowhere but I felt like this was my only opportunity to make this self-indulgent rant. I find that any company social media platform is terrible, basically.

The chat system at our company is basically the lifeblood of the company. Anything and everything that happens gets recorded and seen there. That's what makes my co-workers actions so harsh, basically there's now a permanent record of my mistakes in the company log.

And of course, everyone saw it. President included.

He could have come directly to me, my manager, or even the president himself rather than do that in front of everyone.

Edited by Fates

You can handle it.  Yes, it will be a rough conversation, but at least you know it's necessary and you're seeking to make it happen.  That's a good first step.  Scary though isn't it?  We're so ingrained in the notion of having a job we forget about the idea of whether we're in the right environment, or maybe if we need a change...or need to seek our real potential.

Got a date this afternoon. I'm so nervous about it.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations, Demo! Don't be nervous, be yourself. (Just don't get cocky.)

... Wait, I'm not qualified to give you advice. Good luck though!

Congratulations, Demo! Don't be nervous, be yourself. (Just don't get cocky.)

... Wait, I'm not qualified to give you advice. Good luck though!

Cocky? HA! I'll probably get sick from nerves before I get cocky.

Relax.  Remember, no matter what you feel, every girl, just like us, has to wipe her own poop.

Unless she's really gross.

• Upvote 1

Unless she's really gross.

*bursts out laughing...starts choking...chest hurts...laughs until nearly exhausted*

LOL, omg.  I almost died laughing.

Yeah, for sure, if she doesn't wipe, that's usually a tell tale sign to GTFO.

Edited by ignasia7

So I took a walk today and did a lot of thinking.

I'm going to speak with my boss and company president on Monday and attempt to address all the concerns I put out in my earlier posts.

A few possible outcomes...

a) they decide I'm not worth the effort and ditch me there. They haven't fired me yet so I don't think this will happen but who knows. If they do decide this, I'll attempt to negotiate a clean exit, one where they won't tarnish me for references in my subsequent job search.

b) they are more reasonable, understand where I am coming from, and are willing to work with me. Depending on how this goes, I may request a few days off to clear my head.

c) they listen to me, talk to the person who publicly reprimanded me... which lead to even worse relations.

Obviously hoping for b.

• Upvote 1

Date went great. We had homemade pizza from a local pizzeria, then hung out at the mall, met with some people we knew and then went to the amusement park for a bit. Even scored some kisses and booty grabbing We've agreed to a second date!

• Upvote 1
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?