Packed up everything I have Sony from PS1-3 & PSP stuff as well as my physical PC games. PS4 and all my Nintendo stuff will be next, but I need a bunch more boxes.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

The lost dog has come back to town! Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting! I have missed this place!

I got a kitten. Named her Melony

Posted Images

You moving or something? Or are you getting rid of your games?

Maybe you posted about it before and I missed it.

For some reason I am up unusually early. I don't like it

• Upvote 1

The thing is that I want to replace it by Friday(a minor part of that is because of a new of show I watch will be airing this weekend and my current computer sucks at online video now). So accidentally breaking while trying to build building is not something I want to try at the moment.

Maybe when I have a much better scenario(I really meant to replace it late last year, but my sister owes me a ton of money that caused my delaying of several things) I'll try it.

I'll third the position of making your own. It takes a bit of finesse, and some prep in knowing what to do and what tools you'll require ahead of time, but the payoff is worth it. You'll just be the person handling repairs, or dealing directly with the original manufacturer instead of the retailer or large companies with local branches such as Dell (unless you buy from certain sites that DO have warranties or available warranties for parts, like Newegg...god, I used to buy from that site all the time...built 8 computers in total off them :) ). Still the potential for problems isn't that high, and more often than not you'll know within a week if a part is defective (or the instant you plug it in, if it's DOA), and I find most retailers for computer parts are hassle-free given how large the market is for do-it-yourself computer builders (especially Newegg...seriously that company practically throws you a red carpet and some flowers when it comes to replacements and customer service, but then that was 2008 or 9 as my last dealing with their customer service).

Cost is really low comparatively, and you can always upgrade as you go. Not to mention find some really nifty cases and style your computer however you wish to based on some nifty gadgets to place inside (lighting effects, even sound fx if you want...).

The first time is scary, but once you get through it, it's a breeze, and I recall finding myself wondering why I hadn't done this earlier. Just be careful about placing in the CPU the first time around, I chipped my first one and had to buy a replacement on the fly. Live and learn though, but that was the days of VERY fragile CPU's without any encasing of any kind for AMD chips. Now AMD actually does enclose in a hard steal or aluminum shell like Intel.

The bolded is one of the reasons why this isn't a good time for trying to build. Besides my tax checks, I'm not exactly rolling in the money and considering that I don't actually know anyone who could help me(I'll only get lost looking through online guides for that stuff) means accidental breaks are pretty likely.

It's better to wait on that until I can have proper hands on help and just buy a better one in the meantime to hold me until then.

Valid reasons (except for the money bit) but I thought I'd mention that you don't have to use a written guide. YouTube is good for this sort of thing as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

With my job's current budget cuts, money issues are a valid reason.

I do have a new hard drive which I'll be unboxing later. If it doesn't work out, back it goes.

What I meant by that not being valid is that it's cheaper to build yourself. Buying prebuilt machines is more expensive but more convenient.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Done with season 2 of Breaking Bad. I can't help but laugh at the fact John de Lancie is in the show. Not because he's a bad actor by any means (far from it) but whenever I hear his name nowadays, I think of Discord.

One of his lines in particular made me chucke because it sounded exactly like the way he speaks in his Discord voice.

And in case anyone is wondering who Discord, his a now former villain in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He's a deranged creature of chaos similar to de Lancie's character, Q, from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Really, I always think of Q, naturally.

Season 2 was great. It's only going to get better from here. Keep me posted on how you like it.

Personally, I think it's the best television show I've seen. And I've seen a lot.

Packed up everything I have Sony from PS1-3 & PSP stuff as well as my physical PC games. PS4 and all my Nintendo stuff will be next, but I need a bunch more boxes.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Done with season 2 of Breaking Bad. I can't help but laugh at the fact John de Lancie is in the show. Not because he's a bad actor by any means (far from it) but whenever I hear his name nowadays, I think of Discord.

One of his lines in particular made me chucke because it sounded exactly like the way he speaks in his Discord voice.

And in case anyone is wondering who Discord, his a now former villain in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He's a deranged creature of chaos similar to de Lancie's character, Q, from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I actually just finished watching season 2 also. what a coincidence.

The musical choices within Breaking Bad are great by the way. The original music for the series is one thing, but the choices for licensed music for certain scenes are pretty good.

Oh, and the pizza on the roof...hilarious despite the weight of that scene. Wonder how many takes it took to get that just right...

The thing is that I want to replace it by Friday(a minor part of that is because of a new of show I watch will be airing this weekend and my current computer sucks at online video now). So accidentally breaking while trying to build building is not something I want to try at the moment.

Maybe when I have a much better scenario(I really meant to replace it late last year, but my sister owes me a ton of money that caused my delaying of several things) I'll try it.

I'll third the position of making your own. It takes a bit of finesse, and some prep in knowing what to do and what tools you'll require ahead of time, but the payoff is worth it. You'll just be the person handling repairs, or dealing directly with the original manufacturer instead of the retailer or large companies with local branches such as Dell (unless you buy from certain sites that DO have warranties or available warranties for parts, like Newegg...god, I used to buy from that site all the time...built 8 computers in total off them :) ). Still the potential for problems isn't that high, and more often than not you'll know within a week if a part is defective (or the instant you plug it in, if it's DOA), and I find most retailers for computer parts are hassle-free given how large the market is for do-it-yourself computer builders (especially Newegg...seriously that company practically throws you a red carpet and some flowers when it comes to replacements and customer service, but then that was 2008 or 9 as my last dealing with their customer service).

Cost is really low comparatively, and you can always upgrade as you go. Not to mention find some really nifty cases and style your computer however you wish to based on some nifty gadgets to place inside (lighting effects, even sound fx if you want...).

The first time is scary, but once you get through it, it's a breeze, and I recall finding myself wondering why I hadn't done this earlier. Just be careful about placing in the CPU the first time around, I chipped my first one and had to buy a replacement on the fly. Live and learn though, but that was the days of VERY fragile CPU's without any encasing of any kind for AMD chips. Now AMD actually does enclose in a hard steal or aluminum shell like Intel.

The bolded is one of the reasons why this isn't a good time for trying to build. Besides my tax checks, I'm not exactly rolling in the money and considering that I don't actually know anyone who could help me(I'll only get lost looking through online guides for that stuff) means accidental breaks are pretty likely.

It's better to wait on that until I can have proper hands on help and just buy a better one in the meantime to hold me until then.

Valid reasons (except for the money bit) but I thought I'd mention that you don't have to use a written guide. YouTube is good for this sort of thing as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

With my job's current budget cuts, money issues are a valid reason.

I do have a new hard drive which I'll be unboxing later. If it doesn't work out, back it goes.

What I meant by that not being valid is that it's cheaper to build yourself. Buying prebuilt machines is more expensive but more convenient.

Sent from my Nexus

Well, I can't argue from that point(seeing as how my coin flip decision yesterday is making me have to take back the hard drive due to it being incompatible with anything I have, a new store bought monitor would cost me an arm and leg). I was thinking more of my current job becoming more unstable with the schedule budget lately, it will start cutting into my returns eventually unless things get better.

Edited by Stepchan

The musical choices within Breaking Bad are great by the way. The original music for the series is one thing, but the choices for licensed music for certain scenes are pretty good.

Oh, and the pizza on the roof...hilarious despite the weight of that scene. Wonder how many takes it took to get that just right...

They got it on the very first take. There's an entire feature dedicated to it on the DVD.

Sent from my Nexus 6

That reminds of the new season starting of MLP starting today. It's going to be annoying watching it on this computer(I had a snag yesterday with my purchase decision on computers).

Edited by Stepchan

They got it on the very first take. There's an entire feature dedicated to it on the DVD.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Really? That's better yet that they got it on the first try.

That reminds of the new season starting of MLP starting today. It's going to be annoying watching on this computer(I had a snag yesterday with my purchase decision on computers).

I watched the premiere this morning, and it was pretty good. Looks like Starlight will be staying on as a main character.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Really? That's better yet that they got it on the first try.

That reminds of the new season starting of MLP starting today. It's going to be annoying watching on this computer(I had a snag yesterday with my purchase decision on computers).

I watched the premiere this morning, and it was pretty good. Looks like Starlight will be staying on as a main character.

I lack cable myself, so I'll have to wait until after work to watch it.

The Easter blues are here. I'm spending it pretty much home alone whilst everyone else is out with family and/or friends. My company this Easter is my copy of natewantstobattle's new album. Somehow it just doesn't feel the same as real people.

I'm with you dude. Girlfriend is off with family, my parents are in Hawaii, my siblings are off doing stuff all day, friends are all AWOL with their families. It's just me and my video games tomorrow.

Being away from people is a vacation all on its own. And the best part is that they're the ones that they had to pay to leave while you just woke up and sat your ass down where it always goes.

Finally got MLP season 6 episodes 1&2 watched. Had to use Youtube, which due to my outdated OS(WindowsXP) was a bit jerky, but still handled it better than it did with my attempt to watch it on Dailymotion.

Very good start to the season overall.

Got a great Easter surprise this morning from my mom. I had told her about a certain cookbook a long time ago, and sure enough, this was what I found this morning:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bobs-Burgers-Burger-Book/dp/0789331144

Both of us love Bob's Burgers, and I've said I'd like to try and recreate the Burgers of the Day from the show. Well now I can!

I've only glanced through the book, but it has a lot of burger names I recognize from episodes (some alongside original artwork that recreates moments from said episode) and the humor the writers are known for. Definitely a great surprise.

It's in great shape.

It's a bummer when people re-purpose cabinets like that. I'd just build a custom cabinet. The dimensions are easy for that sort of thing. I did it with a friend when we built a Mame cabinet years ago.

Yeah, its in fairly good shape. It and the Neo Geo were heavy as all get out though! I don't know if I could have moved them by myself. Fortunately my cousin was with me and even brought his truck so I wouldn't have to rent a uhaul!

Something about Easter!

So, tomorrow is my consultation for my upcoming jaw surgery (inb4 both need to be worked on). Hopefully they say it is only one jaw because $4000/jaw is expensive and I'm not entirely sure how much of it will be covered by my health care, my dad's benefits package, and the Cleft Lip and Palate Association.

In other news, the impending deadline for applying to school is drawing closer every day and I'm not really any closer to knowing what I'm doing. I'm trying to play out various scenarios in my head, but none of them seem to really amount to any more than dead-end jobs. I know they say you can work your way up, but I'm not really seeing it :/

On a similar-ish note, all this worrying about what to do coupled with not really being around anyone this long weekend has me feeling less than desirable. I pretty much just sleep because I don't have any motivation to do anything (I have things I could do, but the ambition to do it is MIA)

• Upvote 1

Got a great Easter surprise this morning from my mom. I had told her about a certain cookbook a long time ago, and sure enough, this was what I found this morning:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bobs-Burgers-Burger-Book/dp/0789331144

Both of us love Bob's Burgers, and I've said I'd like to try and recreate the Burgers of the Day from the show. Well now I can!

I've only glanced through the book, but it has a lot of burger names I recognize from episodes (some alongside original artwork that recreates moments from said episode) and the humor the writers are known for. Definitely a great surprise.

Got anything for ground lamb, pork, or turkey?

Seriously, I bought copious amount of each last weekend, froze them, and would love to make this a full burger week now that I'm off for 7 more days. My wife even got a dozen good burger buns today at the store!

Perfect timing for a gift for us, twinsie!

Got a great Easter surprise this morning from my mom. I had told her about a certain cookbook a long time ago, and sure enough, this was what I found this morning:http://www.amazon.com/The-Bobs-Burgers-Burger-Book/dp/0789331144

Got anything for ground lamb, pork, or turkey?

Seriously, I bought copious amount of each last weekend, froze them, and would love to make this a full burger week now that I'm off for 7 more days. My wife even got a dozen good burger buns today at the store!

Perfect timing for a gift for us, twinsie!

I'll take a closer look. I did find a vegetarian option burger within the book (the "Rest in Peas" burger) and some fish ones. I bet you could substitute pork for a few recipes, so if I find any that really stand out I'll send them your way.

I've got your back, twinsie.

Also, funny/cool thing about the book: it gives some good tips on making a classic burger patty and French fries before delving in the recipes. With this book I'd really like to try out every recipe, particularly the "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Pokla Dot Zucchini" burger and the "Do the Brussel" burger. Also a few of the egg ones too like "Eggers can't be cheesers" burger.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

I'll probably be losing my job this week :cry2:

Sorry to hear that man. What's going on?

Sent from my Nexus 6

For some reason, despite coming out in October, the Persona 4 manga (and the spin-off PQ manga) only just recently started showing up in bookstores. The first volume even made the best-seller list for manga either one or two weeks ago.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?