• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

He got a Carton of milk.

Oh. I thought the second sentence meant that there was a ton of milk at the grocery store.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Wait you didn't get the joke?

Tsk tsk tsk...

For some reason I've had the urge to check out horror games, specifically the Resident Evil 1 remake and the first 3 Silent Hill games. Doesn't help I've been watching Jordan Underneath's YouTube channel/videos again...

Maybe. But first and foremost is Resi and Hills.

Watching Jordan's videos really reminds me of how and why I enjoy certain games/series, specifically SMT and EO. It isn't so much for the stories they tell, but rather for the worlds and atmosphere they create (along with the gameplay of course). Definitely one of my favorite Youtubers who has helped me find some really great games, like Sanitarium and The Neverhood.

I got a new car!

....ton of milk down at the grocery store.

I suspect my parents are scheming ways to get me a new car. I've had my car for 16 years. I'm never giving it up. Sure it's rattling a little louder than normal, but that can be easily fixed by turning the radio up.

So, I met with the advisor and it looks like I'll be riding the rails like a hobo.

I got a new car!

....ton of milk down at the grocery store.

I suspect my parents are scheming ways to get me a new car. I've had my car for 16 years. I'm never giving it up. Sure it's rattling a little louder than normal, but that can be easily fixed by turning the radio up.

As long as your headgaskets and timing belt are still good, you can get a lot of miles out it yet.

So, I met with the advisor and it looks like I'll be riding the rails like a hobo.

What happened?

What happened?
Apparently you need a 3.6 GPA just to be considered for the program (yet 3.0 for the non-assistant program at other schools and 2.0 to do it online). There is also a less than 20% rate of actually being accepted and the classes are locked strictly to the program, so I can't do any of them and then transfer it. Simply not worth it.

So, my next plan to look at is move back home, find a tolerable job, rejoin the community theatre group, and live a life of dead end job and meh future.

I've had my car for 16 years. I'm never giving it up.

Now all I can think of is you singing Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up to your car.

...find a tolerable job, rejoin the community theatre group, and live a life of dead end job and meh future.

You can go through multiple career changes in your life.  I started out wanting to do web development, but landed in commercial operations.  I jumped around departments and companies until I found the right place for myself.  It's still not my first choice or my dream job, but it's helped me live the comfortable life I want.  The fact that you are able to still do theater on the side, and have an outlet for your creativity is a huge win. 

I am getting two new Arcade machines tomorrow!

Details, please. Which machine is it, or which game(s) does it support?

Edited by Liamland

What happened?
Apparently you need a 3.6 GPA just to be considered for the program (yet 3.0 for the non-assistant program at other schools and 2.0 to do it online). There is also a less than 20% rate of actually being accepted and the classes are locked strictly to the program, so I can't do any of them and then transfer it. Simply not worth it.

So, my next plan to look at is move back home, find a tolerable job, rejoin the community theatre group, and live a life of dead end job and meh future.

I know this is hard to accept but the truth is you don't necessarily have to have a degree to become successful. I'm a college drop out who got a job in the mailroom of a healthcare corporation. Within four months I found myself in the imaging room scanning documents into a server. The guy who held this position before me is being given a programming position created specifically for him due to a useful change to the system he came up with on his own.

Degrees can help, but you can work your way up to something substantial. I used to think that the only jobs that drop-outs could get were fast food positions or retail. That simply isn't true. The hardest part is getting your foot in the door, but once you've done so, you just have to locate where the first rung of the ladder is.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Also worth noting that the only employers that really care about your degree or your college education is your first employer. From there, they only look at your previous experience.

I am getting two new Arcade machines tomorrow!

Details, please. Which machine is it, or which game(s) does it support?

The first machine I am getting is a two slot Neo Geo in a black generic JAMMA cabinet. It has King of Monsters 2 and some puzzle game that looks neat. I might get a 161 multi-cart for it. The second game I am getting is Rampage World Tour inside a Mortal Kombat 2 cabinet! I plan on restoring that one to a Mortal Kombat 2 as that was one of my Brother's and my favoirte games as a kid both on the Arcade and the Genesis.

It's in great shape.

It's a bummer when people re-purpose cabinets like that. I'd just build a custom cabinet. The dimensions are easy for that sort of thing. I did it with a friend when we built a Mame cabinet years ago.

Wait you didn't get the joke?

Tsk tsk tsk...

Your punctuation killed it. Leave the exclamation point out after car and it works better!

I've only seen the movie too. My friends (who aren't huge Stargate fans) said that Stargate Universe was excellent. These are friends who are really into the 2004 BSG series and The Expanse.

LOVED both BSG and SGU. Liked the premier of The Expanse. Waiting till summer to get into it more.

Btw, did you all know they're rebooting the Stargate movie series?

Shush, it was fine.

The thing is that I want to replace it by Friday(a minor part of that is because of a new of show I watch will be airing this weekend and my current computer sucks at online video now). So accidentally breaking while trying to build building is not something I want to try at the moment.

Maybe when I have a much better scenario(I really meant to replace it late last year, but my sister owes me a ton of money that caused my delaying of several things) I'll try it.

I'll third the position of making your own. It takes a bit of finesse, and some prep in knowing what to do and what tools you'll require ahead of time, but the payoff is worth it. You'll just be the person handling repairs, or dealing directly with the original manufacturer instead of the retailer or large companies with local branches such as Dell (unless you buy from certain sites that DO have warranties or available warranties for parts, like Newegg...god, I used to buy from that site all the time...built 8 computers in total off them :) ). Still the potential for problems isn't that high, and more often than not you'll know within a week if a part is defective (or the instant you plug it in, if it's DOA), and I find most retailers for computer parts are hassle-free given how large the market is for do-it-yourself computer builders (especially Newegg...seriously that company practically throws you a red carpet and some flowers when it comes to replacements and customer service, but then that was 2008 or 9 as my last dealing with their customer service).

Cost is really low comparatively, and you can always upgrade as you go. Not to mention find some really nifty cases and style your computer however you wish to based on some nifty gadgets to place inside (lighting effects, even sound fx if you want...).

The first time is scary, but once you get through it, it's a breeze, and I recall finding myself wondering why I hadn't done this earlier. Just be careful about placing in the CPU the first time around, I chipped my first one and had to buy a replacement on the fly. Live and learn though, but that was the days of VERY fragile CPU's without any encasing of any kind for AMD chips. Now AMD actually does enclose in a hard steal or aluminum shell like Intel.

The bolded is one of the reasons why this isn't a good time for trying to build. Besides my tax checks, I'm not exactly rolling in the money and considering that I don't actually know anyone who could help me(I'll only get lost looking through online guides for that stuff) means accidental breaks are pretty likely.

It's better to wait on that until I can have proper hands on help and just buy a better one in the meantime to hold me until then.

Valid reasons (except for the money bit) but I thought I'd mention that you don't have to use a written guide. YouTube is good for this sort of thing as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

With my job's current budget cuts, money issues are a valid reason.

I do have a new hard drive which I'll be unboxing later. If it doesn't work out, back it goes.

Edited by Stepchan

Back it definitely goes. I made the mistake of thinking my monitor cord would fit into a new model and new monitors are pretty costly.

I'll get my money back early next week and get a laptop instead.

Done with season 2 of Breaking Bad. I can't help but laugh at the fact John de Lancie is in the show. Not because he's a bad actor by any means (far from it) but whenever I hear his name nowadays, I think of Discord.

One of his lines in particular made me chucke because it sounded exactly like the way he speaks in his Discord voice.

And in case anyone is wondering who Discord, his a now former villain in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. He's a deranged creature of chaos similar to de Lancie's character, Q, from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?