The Pink Floyd discussion will never truly be over.

I really should check out more of the early stuff. I currently only have 5 of their albums on my iPod (Wall, Moon, Animals, Wish, and Meddle), but I'm trying to get all I can. One of my friend swears Echoes is the greatest song by the band.

Not sure where to go next on Pink Floyd, but maybe I'll go for the early stuff.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

Wasn't Reynolds also in that Dead Like Me ripoff? Despite being a ripoff that was a good movie.

There's a really cute girl that works at the Dairy Queen near the hotel we will be staying in tonight and the rest of the week. We stay there at last once every other week on average, so despite the distance from home I might be able to make a relationship work should I be lucky enough to have that opportunity. I'm going to try to swap numbers with her tonight if she's working.

Dead Like Me!?

Loved that show. Years later I was watching another show (Supernatural perhaps) and I recognized the set. It was the Der Waffle House!

Edit: nope, it was Stargate!

Edited by Plattym3

Wow, that show went on for 17 seasons? I'd always heard of Stargate but had no idea it was on TV for so long.

Wow, that show went on for 17 seasons? I'd always heard of Stargate but had no idea it was on TV for so long.

There are 17 seasons of several Star Gate shows. That was just a combined number.

10 seasons of SG-1, 5 seasons of Atlantis, and 2 seasons of Universe.

There is also an animated Star Gate shows, but we don't talk about that.

This looks interesting...

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow at 1:30 I have an appointment with a faculty advisor about the Speech Pathology assistant program. Depending on how that goes, I may enroll in it and take one of the classes during my 4 months off. Any way I can make the course load easier for me is a way I'll at least look into. I can manage 4 without trouble. 5 is a bit iffy. It'll depend on the classes as well.

• Upvote 1

There are 17 seasons of several Star Gate shows. That was just a combined number.

Loved that show. Binged all 10 seasons 1 summer of SG-1. Watched Atlantis and bought the books that were supposed to be season 6. The 2 doctors on that series were my favorite characters ever. Didn't hurt my favorite Star Trek doc was on it too. SGU was good. Was very disappointed it got cancelled so soon. Read far too many fanfics about what happened after (many quite good).

Loved that show. Binged all 10 seasons 1 summer of SG-1. Watched Atlantis and bought the books that were supposed to be season 6. The 2 doctors on that series were my favorite characters ever. Didn't hurt my favorite Star Trek doc was on it too. SGU was good. Was very disappointed it got cancelled so soon. Read far too many fanfics about what happened after (many quite good).

Last year from November 2014-February 2015, I watched all of SG-1. Upwards of 6-7 episodes a day if I binged hard enough. I watched Atlantis from start to finish of the original run. I have all the DVDs now because I want to binge watch it now. A friend game me SGU for christmas since I missed it when it ran on Television.

• Upvote 1

Last year from November 2014-February 2015, I watched all of SG-1. Upwards of 6-7 episodes a day if I binged hard enough. I watched Atlantis from start to finish of the original run. I have all the DVDs now because I want to binge watch it now. A friend game me SGU for christmas since I missed it when it ran on Television.

I watched SG-1 until I think season 4 or 5.  We changed cable providers, and the time slot for that particular channel was off by an hour.  Initially it was PST, then switched to MT, so I stopped watching as it competed with my homework time.  It was a good show.  I should really binge it some time.  I've never seen atlantis.  How would you compare the two?

This looks interesting...

Oh yes, that seems like a fantastic fun thrill-ride.  More insane because it's an active go-pro camera.  So they really can't use standard camera tricks for certain effects.  I'd love to know how they accomplished some of those explosive moments and kept it all seemless and feeling completely in real-time, just watching the trailer.

The thing is that I want to replace it by Friday(a minor part of that is because of a new of show I watch will be airing this weekend and my current computer sucks at online video now). So accidentally breaking while trying to build building is not something I want to try at the moment.

Maybe when I have a much better scenario(I really meant to replace it late last year, but my sister owes me a ton of money that caused my delaying of several things) I'll try it.

I'll third the position of making your own.  It takes a bit of finesse, and some prep in knowing what to do and what tools you'll require ahead of time, but the payoff is worth it.  You'll just be the person handling repairs, or dealing directly with the original manufacturer instead of the retailer or large companies with local branches such as Dell (unless you buy from certain sites that DO have warranties or available warranties for parts, like Newegg...god, I used to buy from that site all the time...built 8 computers in total off them :) ).  Still the potential for problems isn't that high, and more often than not you'll know within a week if a part is defective (or the instant you plug it in, if it's DOA), and I find most retailers for computer parts are hassle-free given how large the market is for do-it-yourself computer builders (especially Newegg...seriously that company practically throws you a red carpet and some flowers when it comes to replacements and customer service, but then that was 2008 or 9 as my last dealing with their customer service).

Cost is really low comparatively, and you can always upgrade as you go.  Not to mention find some really nifty cases and style your computer however you wish to based on some nifty gadgets to place inside (lighting effects, even sound fx if you want...).

The first time is scary, but once you get through it, it's a breeze, and I recall finding myself wondering why I hadn't done this earlier.  Just be careful about placing in the CPU the first time around, I chipped my first one and had to buy a replacement on the fly.  Live and learn though, but that was the days of VERY fragile CPU's without any encasing of any kind for AMD chips.  Now AMD actually does enclose in a hard steal or aluminum shell like Intel.

• Upvote 1

The thing is that I want to replace it by Friday(a minor part of that is because of a new of show I watch will be airing this weekend and my current computer sucks at online video now). So accidentally breaking while trying to build building is not something I want to try at the moment.

Maybe when I have a much better scenario(I really meant to replace it late last year, but my sister owes me a ton of money that caused my delaying of several things) I'll try it.

I agree. Go buy one. So much easier. And computers aren't all that expensive.

I'll third the position of making your own.  It takes a bit of finesse, and some prep in knowing what to do and what tools you'll require ahead of time, but the payoff is worth it.  You'll just be the person handling repairs, or dealing directly with the original manufacturer instead of the retailer or large companies with local branches such as Dell (unless you buy from certain sites that DO have warranties or available warranties for parts, like Newegg...god, I used to buy from that site all the time...built 8 computers in total off them :) ).  Still the potential for problems isn't that high, and more often than not you'll know within a week if a part is defective (or the instant you plug it in, if it's DOA), and I find most retailers for computer parts are hassle-free given how large the market is for do-it-yourself computer builders (especially Newegg...seriously that company practically throws you a red carpet and some flowers when it comes to replacements and customer service, but then that was 2008 or 9 as my last dealing with their customer service).

Cost is really low comparatively, and you can always upgrade as you go.  Not to mention find some really nifty cases and style your computer however you wish to based on some nifty gadgets to place inside (lighting effects, even sound fx if you want...).

The first time is scary, but once you get through it, it's a breeze, and I recall finding myself wondering why I hadn't done this earlier. Just be careful about placing in the CPU the first time around, I chipped my first one and had to buy a replacement on the fly.  Live and learn though, but that was the days of VERY fragile CPU's without any encasing of any kind for AMD chips.  Now AMD actually does enclose in a hard steal or aluminum shell like Intel.

The bolded is one of the reasons why this isn't a good time for trying to build. Besides my tax checks, I'm not exactly rolling in the money and considering that I don't actually know anyone who could help me(I'll only get lost looking through online guides for that stuff) means accidental breaks are pretty likely.

It's better to wait on that until I can have proper hands on help and just buy a better one in the meantime to hold me until then.

I'll third the position of making your own. It takes a bit of finesse, and some prep in knowing what to do and what tools you'll require ahead of time, but the payoff is worth it. You'll just be the person handling repairs, or dealing directly with the original manufacturer instead of the retailer or large companies with local branches such as Dell (unless you buy from certain sites that DO have warranties or available warranties for parts, like Newegg...god, I used to buy from that site all the time...built 8 computers in total off them :) ). Still the potential for problems isn't that high, and more often than not you'll know within a week if a part is defective (or the instant you plug it in, if it's DOA), and I find most retailers for computer parts are hassle-free given how large the market is for do-it-yourself computer builders (especially Newegg...seriously that company practically throws you a red carpet and some flowers when it comes to replacements and customer service, but then that was 2008 or 9 as my last dealing with their customer service).

Cost is really low comparatively, and you can always upgrade as you go. Not to mention find some really nifty cases and style your computer however you wish to based on some nifty gadgets to place inside (lighting effects, even sound fx if you want...).

The first time is scary, but once you get through it, it's a breeze, and I recall finding myself wondering why I hadn't done this earlier. Just be careful about placing in the CPU the first time around, I chipped my first one and had to buy a replacement on the fly. Live and learn though, but that was the days of VERY fragile CPU's without any encasing of any kind for AMD chips. Now AMD actually does enclose in a hard steal or aluminum shell like Intel.

The bolded is one of the reasons why this isn't a good time for trying to build. Besides my tax checks, I'm not exactly rolling in the money and considering that I don't actually know anyone who could help me(I'll only get lost looking through online guides for that stuff) means accidental breaks are pretty likely.

It's better to wait on that until I can have proper hands on help and just buy a better one in the meantime to hold me until then.

Valid reasons (except for the money bit) but I thought I'd mention that you don't have to use a written guide. YouTube is good for this sort of thing as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I watched SG-1 until I think season 4 or 5.  We changed cable providers, and the time slot for that particular channel was off by an hour.  Initially it was PST, then switched to MT, so I stopped watching as it competed with my homework time.  It was a good show.  I should really binge it some time.  I've never seen atlantis.  How would you compare the two?

So for SG-1 alone, after the 5th or 6th season, it went from being a showtime show to being produced by the Sci-fi (Now Syfy) channel. It didn't change much, but you could tell there was a change.

Atlantis is pretty similar by comparison, but there is a lot more space stuff than what SG-1 had. By that, I mean there was a more active role of outer space other than in SG-1 where they would just gate to a planet and deal with a situation there for an episode. It is still in Atlantis as well because that's really what makes the show. The cast dynamic is similar, Except McKay is likable for different reasons than Carter was.

I'm bad at comparing stuff like this, though. It's a very enjoyable show and it still was what made Stargate..Stargate.

I really liked the Stargate movie, never watched the shows.

The Stargate movie is pretty great. I really like it. 

Fun fact about that movie. James Spader plays Daniel Jackson. He thought the movie was dumb and didn't want to do it until they told him how much they would pay him.

Oh yes, that seems like a fantastic fun thrill-ride.  More insane because it's an active go-pro camera.  So they really can't use standard camera tricks for certain effects.  I'd love to know how they accomplished some of those explosive moments and kept it all seemless and feeling completely in real-time, just watching the trailer.

I'd have to guess that it's the go-pro equipped camera man is on wires, for certain scenes like jumping from an exploding car, but we'll see.  I'm sure they mask the cuts, but a lot of it does seem like it would have to be made from long, continuous shots.

The Stargate movie is pretty great. I really like it. 

Fun fact about that movie. James Spader plays Daniel Jackson. He thought the movie was dumb and didn't want to do it until they told him how much they would pay him.

I've only seen the movie too.  My friends (who aren't huge Stargate fans) said that Stargate Universe was excellent.  These are friends who are really into the 2004 BSG series and The Expanse.

Only half of that showed up... What? Anyway, I got a nice paycheck today, and tomorrow I'll be in town again, and one of the local game shops has a copy of Tara's Adventure that I get to pick up when I get back into town.

I got a new car!

....ton of milk down at the grocery store.

I got a new car!

....ton of milk down at the grocery store.

I'm so confused.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?