My Wife's grandmother is going in for heart surgery today. I am hoping and praying that she does well.

Hope everything's okay. Let us know.

On the subject of grandparents, my grandfather is in hospice. Which if you don't know, means that he's being cared for, in-home, and that essentially they're just making him comfortable until he dies. :/

Sent from my Nexus 6

Happened to my grandfather over a year ago. Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. I really do miss him.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

Technically I graduated in January from my college in London. But the diploma took forever to arrive. So I did a whole phitoshoot today of the mail arriving/my graduation. Did the program online so I

Posted Images

My Wife's grandmother is going in for heart surgery today. I am hoping and praying that she does well.

Hope everything's okay. Let us know.

On the subject of grandparents, my grandfather is in hospice. Which if you don't know, means that he's being cared for, in-home, and that essentially they're just making him comfortable until he dies. :/

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a very tough thing to see and live with. I'm not going to say it gets better, it really doesn't. But you get used to it after a while. Does he live with or near you?

And I wish good tidings for your grandmother in law, Cobol.

Yeah, I had a high school buddy who passed away at age twenty a couple of years ago. I'm still not totally over that.

Anyway, yeah my grandfather loves about twenty minutes away. I actually lived with them for a few years a while back. He and I never really talked much. I'm not good with socializing and we never really had anything in common. He loves his family, though...and I think he wished he could have had a better relationship with me. When he goes this will probably all hit me really hard and I'll start regretting not having put in more effort.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Just finished a book for one of my classes called Water (written by Bapsi Sidhwa). It was a very interesting (though gut wrenching) story about a young Indian girl who becomes a widow and is forced to live within a temple with other widows.

I didn't think I would get invested in the book, but it was hard for me to put it down. It's not a long read at about 220 pages, so if you're looking for something new to read I'd recommend it.

That reminds me, we really should make a book discussion thread.

Speech Pathologist Assistant sounds cool, right? That could be a thing, maybe. To quote the old dude from that Jackie Chan cartoon, 'I must do research!'

Also, happy St. Patrick's[me] day!

I have a whole bunch of beers waiting for me to get home and drink them. I think I'm gonna play a game tonight too. Been spending the last two weeks pretty much just watching Star Trek: TNG.

Edited by Bururian
  • Upvote 1

ended up drinking a lot beer and hanging out with my dad as we watched a bunch of Irish movies. He drunkenly quoted the whole movie of the Quiet Man as we watched. He has officially seen the movie too many times if he can drink a case of Guinness and live quote a movie.

ended up drinking a lot beer and hanging out with my dad as we watched a bunch of Irish movies. He drunkenly quoted the whole movie of the Quiet Man as we watched. He has officially seen the movie too many times if he can drink a case of Guinness and live quote a movie.

Is that the one with John Wayne?

Sent from my Nexus 6

That's the one. It's not a bad movie at all. I rather enjoyed it.

It's a classic.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Best line from that movie is when Mary Kate Danaher asked Michaleen Oge Flynn if he needed some water in his whiskey, he responded with "When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey. When I drink water, I drink water." I loved it.

So the Hulkster won his lawsuit against Gawker.

Do I have a gif to summarize my feelings. Why yes. Yes, I do.

1f19ed.gif

• Upvote 1

I got Aquarion in Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, I named him Camus (Based off of Aquarius Camus from Saint Seiya)

I am kind of bored now and do not know what to do, I have noone to play DQMJ2 with, I might want to make Rigor Mortex for the fun of it, but if it took me 3 years to make Aquarion, I dread making a monster that is not even really that good from what I hear. 

Is there any other games that I could play? Or maybe I could wait for the possibility that DQMJ3 to come to America?

If only we had gotten Mega Man Legends 3...

Still can't believe Capcom cancelled that game.

Never played the original Mega Man games, but I adore Legends and Legends 2 and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

You seem like a swell guy

So the Hulkster won his lawsuit against Gawker.

Do I have a gif to summarize my feelings. Why yes. Yes, I do.

1f19ed.gif

Is that Hulk raking in the money and then super happy about it?

Growing up, Hulk was always around town. We'd go somewhere and people would be like, "Hulk eats here." Or we'd drive around and my parents would say, "That's Hulk's house."

First day of Spring Break has been a bit of a bust. Had to attend a dinner for most of the evening that I really didn't want to go to, but since I was invited as a guest I felt obligated to go. Hardly said a word to anyone since I didn't know anyone there, but the food was good at least. And I have to go into work most of tomorrow, so no rest for the wicked.

At least I got in some Pokken Tournament time today, and that was very fun. And after tomorrow, I'm scott free for a week. Wait for me, Spring Break!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Growing up, Hulk was always around town. We'd go somewhere and people would be like, "Hulk eats here." Or we'd drive around and my parents would say, "That's Hulk's house."

More like taking that money and destroying Gawker media. The appeal fee is $50 million, so I don't think they can even afford to appeal. They deserve it. There's some testimony of one of the editors. It's about 40 minutes long, the guy keeps lying, and Hulk's attorney takes him to the mat every single time.

That little tidbit is awesome...though it unfortunately may have the opposite effect these days.

Gotta find more information out about a program at school. I could do worse than an assistant to a speech pathologist. Then at least I can say I graduated school and maybe move back home and live there again. I dunno. All speculation right now.

Also, I'm sick, so my thoughts are a little off.

• Upvote 1

More like taking that money and destroying Gawker media. The appeal fee is $50 million, so I don't think they can even afford to appeal. They deserve it. There's some testimony of one of the editors. It's about 40 minutes long, the guy keeps lying, and Hulk's attorney takes him to the mat every single time.

That little tidbit is awesome...though it unfortunately may have the opposite effect these days.

Frankly, they're both awful.

Trying to wrap my feeble brain around website ((Joomla)) building and bridging tutorials, and mildly failing. Em... messing around with audio is much easier, and more fun. But this website is a must for our team's fandub and other works. ((I can't wait to begin with the audio part of the fandub so I hope this preliminary website set up will finish easier than it's started))

At least I'm learning new things, eh?

• Upvote 1

Gotta find more information out about a program at school. I could do worse than an assistant to a speech pathologist. Then at least I can say I graduated school and maybe move back home and live there again. I dunno. All speculation right now.

Also, I'm sick, so my thoughts are a little off.

I really wasn't aware speech pathologists had assistants. Then again, I've only seen ones that work in schools and those are pretty much solo jobs. Are they more employed by private practice pathologists?

That is freaking great. I was really hoping he would destroy Gawker. Maybe they'll go totally bankrupt after this. Two years of shitting on their fans have lost them enough ad revenue and now this...they must be hurting bad.

The Western world will be much better off.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I got Aquarion in Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, I named him Camus (Based off of Aquarius Camus from Saint Seiya)

I am kind of bored now and do not know what to do, I have noone to play DQMJ2 with, I might want to make Rigor Mortex for the fun of it, but if it took me 3 years to make Aquarion, I dread making a monster that is not even really that good from what I hear.

Is there any other games that I could play? Or maybe I could wait for the possibility that DQMJ3 to come to America?

Do you like classic Harvest Moon games at all?

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?