You can exploit the original like crazy. As an example, if you keep selecting attack for your first three members, you can back out to your first party member and repeat the process as much as you want, letting you get some really high stat boosts.

You can kind of do the same thing with the remakes, but not anywhere close to the original.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

The lost dog has come back to town! Wishing you all happy holidays as I finally start playing DQ11S after so long waiting! I have missed this place!

I got a kitten. Named her Melony

Posted Images

I read about the spell glitch, which was select the target for the spell then cancel. Of course they fixed that in the remake.

In a Starcraft and Diablo 2 kind of mood... I picked up the Battle Chests for both because my copies got lost some time ago when a new closet was built.

@ Stepchan - They always take out the good stuff in remakes. Using Final Fantasy as an example, I was sad they removed the party changing feature in Final Fantasy IV DS. No more having Cid and post level 70 Edward in the party...

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Indeed he could.

What I loved about bringing Edward with you was that if you took him into the Lunar Subterrane with the Apollo Harp, he could do some amazing damage against some bosses even below the 70 mark.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

So... My father passed away the other day. I had briefly posted about it, but ended up erasing the post as I felt it sounded like I was begging for attention and pity. I don't want to cause a fuss about it here, it's not you guys' problem. The only reason I bring it up now is it surprisingly pertains to something positive I'd like to say (not that this relatively small positive makes up for his death, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to bring him back, so all I can do is focus on the good things...)

Anyway, a few months ago he had purchased a new video card for his computer. Unfortunately he never did get to use it as the power supply in his machine was incompatible and he never did replace it before the end. But he never got rid of the card, so today I replaced my own computer's graphics card with it. (My old card is an NVidia GeForce GT 640, the new one is the NVidia GeForce GT 740 GDDR5.) The upgrade was a success and so far I have seen improvements in every game I've tested.

-BioShock Infinite: This was one of the first games I bought when I got my gaming rig. After what felt like a power trip being able to play all my older games at their highest settings in 1080p/1200p (at the time I was using a 16:10 monitor at 1920x1200 resolution), it was a huge letdown to only be able to reach a playable framerate on "Very High" settings rather than the "Ultra High" settings. While admittedly, there is little difference, it was still a disappointment as the machine was still pretty new and I felt let down that it was already outdated. Well, now I can play at those "Ultra High" settings at a smooth 60fps.

-Dragon Quest Heroes - The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below: I originally had this game for the PS4, but had to sell it (I do plan on picking up the PS4 version again eventually). When I bought the game for PC, I was disappointed that I could barely play with low-medium settings at 720p. I can now hit 60fps with the same settings as before, or I can bump up to 1080p at the expense of a few frames (still playable as far as I've tested though). I have yet to fiddle with any of the settings besides the resolution for now, though.

-Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (emulated in PCSX2): Ran perfectly fine in 720p with the old card, but would get huge framerate drops at 1080p (and, since game speed is tied to framerate, the whole game would slow to about 1/2 - 2/3 speed). This is no longer an issue. The game runs amazingly well in 1080p now, even while overclocking the emulated PS2's EmotionEngine core (which grants a speedup to the game's internal framerate, which is technically locked to 30 under normal circumstances). The only issue is that GUI textures are very cruddy now - at the higher screen resolution, the low texture resolution becomes apparent even with forced bilinear filtering turned on. Unfortunately this is just something that I have to deal with, as PCSX2 has no support for HD texture packs like Dolphin does for GameCube and Wii games.

I'm sorry, Erdrick. That's some terrible news. I hope you and your family manage to hold together through this time.

Sent from my Nexus 6

So...that new Ghostbusters movie looks like hot garbage.

Sent from my Nexus 6

If it doesn't have William Atherton, I'm not watching it.

@ Stepchan - They always take out the good stuff in remakes. Using Final Fantasy as an example, I was sad they removed the party changing feature in Final Fantasy IV DS. No more having Cid and post level 70 Edward in the party...

The DS version of IV I haven't played. I played the SNES version(which we all know as II) and PS1 one port(which restored the normal difficulty).

After meeting with my school advisor this morning, it would seem that I won't be able to graduate in the Spring due to not having my internship down with. This means I won't be able to graduate until the summer or (heaven forbid due to money) the fall if I can't get it down this summer.

I still find it odd the school has the internship requirement before graduating, but I'll just face this obstacle like I always do and try to get past it. I have a feeling my mom will be angry about this news, but I'll face that problem too.

By doctor's orders I have to pretty much stop playing video games or anything that requires a lot of hand manipulation for the next couple of weeks. Typing included. I play games for hours every day so I'll have to figure out something else to do, but I don't really like watching TV. Maybe this will get me outside more. I'm more than a little frustrated by this.

I think this will be the one place I'm not limited because I always have a tab to the den open while I'm at work. The evenings I may be less active once I am home just so I can spend time away from the PC since I already sit in front of one 40hrs a week for work. Maybe I can finally catch up on some books that have been sitting on the book shelf.

It's good to know I'm among someone's favorites on this board, haha.

@Erdrick - I'm so sorry to hear that. The way you worded something the other day, I suspected something had happened. May peace be with you and your family.

On the positive side, glad you can play DQHTWTWATBB in all its glory now!

I am too! I hope this doesn't limit you here. You're one of my favorites on this board.

Ditto. I was going to make a joke about what other things Bururian should maybe doing with his hands, but I'll refrain. Hope he heals up soon!

After meeting with my school advisor this morning, it would seem that I won't be able to graduate in the Spring due to not having my internship down with. This means I won't be able to graduate until the summer or (heaven forbid due to money) the fall if I can't get it down this summer.

I still find it odd the school has the internship requirement before graduating, but I'll just face this obstacle like I always do and try to get past it. I have a feeling my mom will be angry about this news, but I'll face that problem too.

Damn. And so bad news comes in 3s. I found out after wasting too many semesters doing the bare minimum and whatnot (even with a double major) that I had to jump through a lot of hoops to walk with my classmates at graduation and come back in the fall to do my internship. Best of luck!

When I first started college, they told me I could attend four classes two days a week or three classes five days a week. Naturally, I chose two classes instead of three, but the rub was I was told that because of this choice I had to attend school for an extra year. Of course it makes sense that you'd be done sooner by doing more classes, but that's still something you should tell somebody. I was under the assumption I'd just finish faster instead of on time. Sort of like how paying weekly for my car payments instead of monthly would get me done a year faster. That's the long way of me saying I get how you feel about extra school, Yangus.

Well the good news is that I found a number of summer internship opportunities, so I'm going to start applying for them after Wednesday since I have another big paper due and a midterm to worry about.

Worst case scenario I have to wait till the fall and just work like crazy in the summer to earn a lot of money to help pay for one more semester. I've faced this sort of thing before, and it always works itself out.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

Oh, man. Just finished watching "that episode" of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood again. Still as good as last time.

More great news. The dealer that I bought my extended warranty from lied to me about what it covers. So I spent three hours waiting to get my car serviced to find out that I had to pay three times the cost of getting it done anywhere else in 20 minutes.

Night 2, despite playing a little bit of the DW3 randomizer on my PC, my hand has felt okay, except when I start trying to type too much or use a mouse. I just get a deep pain in my wrist/forearm. Back to watching TV and wearing my arm brace. 

So, the other night's episode of Better Call Saul was pretty darn good. That was some of the best acting I've encountered in the series, so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?