I tried dating a girl once that was a different religion from me.  Personally, on my end I enjoyed that her beliefs were different from my own.  I enjoy discussion on religion and don't view differences as a bad thing.  It's like one of those things where I feel I can learn from them, and I hope they can learn from me.

On her end though, it really bothered her and her family.   She broke up with me (and started seeing my friend who was the same religion), saying our morals and values were too different 

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YangustheLegendaryBandit

• eal

• Democrobot

• Plattym3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On my way home I spotted three big dogs. They'd gotten out of their yard and were going on a grand adventure. Didn't want them to get lost or hurt, so I corralled them at a park and loaded them into m

I managed to get all prepped for the upcoming Pokemon tournament. Hoping it goes well this time around. Ex and I have been reconnecting. We both admit to making mistakes last time.

I was checking my Messenger app this morning and found out I won a Cuphead vinyl soundtrack giveaway! The 2nd anniversary of the game was a short while ago, and during the week of the anniversary Stud

Posted Images

I've heard bad things about Plenty of Fish. And of course OKCupid is pretty much a venue for guys to solicit women for pictures of their breasts. Sites like eHarmony, Match, and the like were really what I was talking about.

Oh, and I recall you saying literally the exact same thing in the exact same way about religion keeping people from dating. It might not have been you you were referring it.

I've heard bad things about Plenty of Fish. And of course OKCupid is pretty much a venue for guys to solicit women for pictures of their breasts. Sites like eHarmony, Match, and the like were really what I was talking about.

Oh, and I recall you saying literally the exact same thing in the exact same way about religion keeping people from dating. It might not have been you you were referring it.

I can (and have commented on all of those sites. Here goes again...

Plenty of Fish - tried it for a couple weeks. Never got any communication back from anyone. Then again, the fish were pretty stinky and unfresh. By "anyone" I mean the 3 ladies I tried. Then one day had a nice conversation going. It cut off in the middle and I gave up on the site.

OKCupid - gave it a small whirl. The old adage about getting what you paid for came up. I stopped whirling. Not many on it 5 years ago in my area.

Match - was on it for a year because I didn't find love in 6 months, so they gave me 6 more. Probably went out with 8 or so people from this. Nice girls, some not ready to be grownups yet, some too busy for dating, some were OK. I just didn't like how I had to spend the time to email each girl I liked. Some days I'd spend an hour sending 6 messages and never hear back from one. Not Match's fault, but I didn't like the communication.

Eharmony - met my wife here. Tried it for 3 months once and I answered their questions dishonesty, more along the lines of what I thought I'd want to be like. I didn't connect with many girls. Went out with one twice and I ended it. Came back to Eharmony 8 months later and redid my questions brutally honestly. Instantly met and dated a girl for 2 months, then had a lot of awesome dates with quality people for 4 more months before meeting my wife. So much easier communication as they limit stuff at the beginning. If I saw 6 girls one day that I liked, I clicked 6 buttons to send them quick get-to-know-you questions. Two minutes wasted if none responded, but only two minutes! So much easier and better people on Eharmony.

I ended up spending $250 or so for a year of Match and almost a year of Eharmony. People balk at that. But if you're not spending that much on a few other dates (that will probably fail) anyway, where are you taking her? McDonald's?

Last year I was talking to a buddy at a gaming store about my online dating adventures and one of the customers said he met his wife on Plenty of Fish. I asked him, "Isn't that pretty much a hook-up site, though?" He responded with, "...Um...It used to be!"

See, you say that about OKCupid, and yet the few decent people on the site had disclaimers on their profile asking people to please not do that. When people ask me for pictures of my cock, I send them photos of roosters.

To respond to your last point, and Saro's as well, the only thing I've really said about dating and religion here is pretty much that I'm not a church person. At all. My beliefs don't fit into what the typical American Christian has become. That's not to say I'm anti-religion. There are people who do a whole lot of good through it, and if one finds enjoyment and enrichment in it, I'm not going to be the one to take that away from them. This recent thing seemed to indicate it was extremely strict. Like I said, it's unfortuntate, but all ego aside, ya could do a whole lot worse than me! I'm not perfect, but I'm not an $#!&$#! either. I'm a hard worker, got a good family, and a bunch of great friends. If you choose to miss out on a good time with good people all because your church is too afraid to look beyond itself, well, it's your loss.

• Upvote 1

I know people who say they're meeting up with people they met on 4Chan and I basically give them my final goodbyes because I know the next time I see them it will be after a police raid uncovers 10 dead bodies in a man's basement.

Thankfully, I'm extremely cautious of the whole meeting people online from anonymous image boards and on dating service sites.

I do remember going on /b/ one time, I looked through the board and thought to myself "I'm not doing that again".

Why do people even use dating sites? Can a person just work out, clean there hair out, and ask someone they are friends with?
You would think, but no. Gather 'round, m'boy. It's story time! Once upon a time, there was a guy. Let's call him "Shu", shall we? Shu was friends with this girl, whom we shall refer to as "Yuca". Shu was a great guy. He was smart, funny, and a genuinely sweet guy. One day he asked Yuca out. Yuca attacked him, stole his pants, and never spoke to him again. He spent the next couple days nursing frostbite on his bum. The end.
And that guy would grow up to be Democrobot.

Yup. I'm partially insane, but I have a quick wit and a tongue to meet all occasions.

Now onto my views on dating sites. And that concludes my views on dating sites (seriously, I'm 17. I don't need dating sites.)

and a tongue to meet all occasions.

Really now?

I don't care to dignify that with a proper response, so I'll say "The Glass Menagerie". Also, tacos.

and a tongue to meet all occasions.

Really now?

I don't care to dignify that with a proper response, so I'll say "The Glass Menagerie". Also, tacos.

Mmmmmm....tacos....

http://cdn.head-fi.org/0/08/082db685_Mmm.jpeg

a tongue to meet all occasions.

Also, tacos.

There's a comment I can make here...

Lotta people playing Five Nights at Freddy's lately.

It's the flavor of the month. Buy one scoop, and you get the second free!

Pretty good game, it is.

I've never heard of it.

Other news, I'm getting a haircut today. The last few days before school are always slow ones with nothing much planned. But afterwards, I have auditions finally. I'm also considering auditioning to be the voice of a character in It's A Wonderful Life.

Lotta people playing Five Nights at Freddy's lately.

I didn't know about the game until today. I adore horror games, an this looks amazing. I'll play it really soon, but it's too bad I currently don't have my gaming setup with my big TV and my surround system.

Got my haircut today. And played Persona 3 FES a little bit. I'm having ribs tonight. My life is pretty dull right now.

You still had ribs. I had a hamburger patty. >:(

Confusion, is now.

a tongue to meet all occasions.

Also, tacos.

There's a comment I can make here...

He's a kid. Let it go. Laugh like I did, but remain silent.

I stopped being a kid about 3 years ago. Bring on the comment.

• Woodus changed the title to What's New With You?